Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]

Post subject: Matt Barkley
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:39 pm 
NET Veteran

Looks terrible, I'm glad we got Russell last year. People would be pissed with Barkley in a seahawks uni.

Post subject: Re: Matt Barkley
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:19 pm 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *

What a noodle arm.

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan

Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:58 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Impossible. English said he would be the number one pick.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:55 pm 
NET Veteran

There was never a chance Barkley would be drafted by the Hawks.

A better device to measure Wilson by would be Matt Flynn, who looked very good tonite. Bonehead play by Pryor (go figure) made Flynn look that much better.

I am plenty happy with Mr. Wilson (!) but it will be interesting watching both Flynn and Wilson going forward.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:24 pm 
NET Veteran

CALIHAWK1 wrote:

It's good to know that my name gets mentioned like this when a guy looks bad in his first pre-season game. I feel like I've made it.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:29 pm 
NET Veteran

English > then Kiper.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:32 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
CALIHAWK1 wrote:

It's good to know that my name gets mentioned like this when a guy looks bad in his first pre-season game. I feel like I've made it.

Actually you and I have gone roumd and round on him since his junior year. Looking bad (in garbage time) and being behind Foles (who you trashed) on the depth chart are two different things.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:43 pm 
* Report Button *

At least theEnglish's evaluations are remembered. That's not a shot, its a good thing.

I didn't see the game, but it won't surprise me if he struggles initially. I think he'd be fine with a more established pro coach. At least intially thatll hurt him. Eventually he'll surpass his athletic ability, ala a Penninington, Krieg, Kitna, Fiedler, etc.

That was an odd team for him.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:19 pm 
NET Veteran

CALIHAWK1 wrote:
Actually you and I have gone roumd and round on him since his junior year. Looking bad (in garbage time) and being behind Foles (who you trashed) on the depth chart are two different things.

I don't remember going round and round with anyone on Barkley. I remember liking him a ton, and still do. If he fails in the NFL then I'll lose zero sleep.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:54 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

So a guy who has ran a drop back pro style for the last 8 years is struggling in a WAC attack read option? Say it isn't so!

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:17 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *

I almost suspect that Kelly traded (peanuts) for Barkley just to keep the fanbase / media pressure off his back until he can draft Marcus Mariota in 2014 or 2015.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:24 pm 
NET Veteran

pehawk wrote:
At least theEnglish's evaluations are remembered. That's not a shot, its a good thing.

I didn't see the game, but it won't surprise me if he struggles initially. I think he'd be fine with a more established pro coach. At least intially thatll hurt him. Eventually he'll surpass his athletic ability, ala a Penninington, Krieg, Kitna, Fiedler, etc.

Yeah, but Vick and Foles looked really good in the game. Philly is going to put up points, to bad their d is going to give up a bunch also.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:45 pm 
* Report Button *

CPHawk wrote:
pehawk wrote:

Yeah, but Vick and Foles looked really good in the game. Philly is going to put up points, to bad their d is going to give up a bunch also.

Look at it this way; how would Kitna do in Chip's system? Pennington? Matt Flynn?

I disagree with kearly. While there's been regime changes in Philly, I'm sure the thought of "investing" in QB's, like short term bonds, is the motive. It's what Andy and friends did; convert 2-5th round QB's into 1st, 2nd's, CB's, anything.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:19 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *

pehawk wrote:
Look at it this way; how would Kitna do in Chip's system? Pennington? Matt Flynn?

I disagree with kearly. While there's been regime changes in Philly, I'm sure the thought of "investing" in QB's, like short term bonds, is the motive. It's what Andy and friends did; convert 2-5th round QB's into 1st, 2nd's, CB's, anything.

FWIW, I was mostly joking.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:49 pm 
NET Rookie

All we know from these first preseason games is tjack is the ultimate back up and barkley should jump off a cliff. These games have no game planning at all, with a bunch of random players mashed together. According to the average .net poster rational Whitehurst should be a HOF QB.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:27 pm 
NET Veteran

cockeyhawk wrote:
All we know from these first preseason games is tjack is the ultimate back up and barkley should jump off a cliff. These games have no game planning at all, with a bunch of random players mashed together. According to the average .net poster rational Whitehurst should be a HOF QB.

With his 0 TD's and 2 INT's right? According to Niner's fans, Kaep is the greatest QB ever for leading a "perfect drive" against an elite defense on its first drive. And the only thing that matters is the 1st team.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:13 am 
* NET Starfish *

cockeyhawk wrote:

Keep it up, man. Your posts are pure gold. Thank you.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]