(UPDATED PIC 8/12) It has begun...

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Re: It has begun...
Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:28 pm
  • djTOY2000 wrote:
    Greenhell wrote:Hey DJ, post the ones you already did.



    i would, but i had them all stored on an external hard drive that got left behind when "blah blah blah" and i split up. i need to get digital shots again of the Hasselbeck and Jones pics taken....



    Damn her! Did you sell them and did you do others?
    User avatar
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am


Re: It has begun...
Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:26 pm
  • i sold a bunch of them a few years ago, but she didn't support me in my dreams, goals, and ambitions... i put down the pencils and brushes for a few years after that as i just did "what she wanted me to do" but hence why she is now the ex and well... look what i am back up and doing and pursuing my dreams, goals, and utilizing my natural talent...
    Image Image
    Image
    ImageImage
    User avatar
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire
     
    Posts: 1635
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:02 pm
    Location: Phoenix AZ (aka Seattle south)


Re: It has begun...
Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:29 pm
  • ( UPDATED PIC )


    Image
    Image Image
    Image
    ImageImage
    User avatar
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire
     
    Posts: 1635
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:02 pm
    Location: Phoenix AZ (aka Seattle south)


Re: It has begun...
Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:49 pm
  • I knew it was Chevy Chase.

    :les:
    Image
    Getting ready for some football
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18415
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


Re: It has begun...
Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:01 pm
  • The Radish wrote:I knew it was Chevy Chase.

    :les:



    yeah yeah, you called me out on it...

    Image
    Image Image
    Image
    ImageImage
    User avatar
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire
     
    Posts: 1635
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:02 pm
    Location: Phoenix AZ (aka Seattle south)


Re: It has begun...
Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:11 pm
  • djTOY2000 wrote:
    The Radish wrote:I knew it was Chevy Chase.

    :les:



    yeah yeah, you called me out on it...

    Image


    Lol!
    User avatar
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am


Re: It has begun...
Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:02 pm
  • well, Mr. Wilson now has some arms...

    (and i strengthend the shadows 'round his package and some harder highlights throughout the uniform)

    Image
    Image Image
    Image
    ImageImage
    User avatar
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire
     
    Posts: 1635
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:02 pm
    Location: Phoenix AZ (aka Seattle south)


Re: (UPDATED PIC 8/9) It has begun...
Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:34 pm
  • i can't believe that's paint. even more, i can't believe you stopped doing this for a chick. no offense.
    User avatar
    bryantology79
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 398
    Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 4:25 pm


Re: (UPDATED PIC 8/9) It has begun...
Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:01 am
  • bryantology79 wrote:i can't believe that's paint. even more, i can't believe you stopped doing this for a chick. no offense.



    yep, acrylic on canvas

    none taken, "THAT" ...is a long story
    Image Image
    Image
    ImageImage
    User avatar
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire
     
    Posts: 1635
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:02 pm
    Location: Phoenix AZ (aka Seattle south)


Re: It has begun...
Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:15 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    What are you gonna do when complete? Keep it? Sell it? Make Prints? Just curious.



    they will be getting published and set to full scale (36"x24") giclee prints both on canvas (# of 100) and poster (# of 250) personally signed by myself with certifications of artist authenticity (prices will be listed later once i clear things up with some of the admins of this site)

    if i get lucky, with enough contacts being made and publicity of my work, i will hopefully be able to start doing "live" paintings at the games in the team store (or right outside within the stadium by the state of football display) and perhaps get in contact with the players and have them "endorse" my products (player autographs) and maybe let a good 25-50 special limited of those go out - this is all a work in progress that i started a few years ago, lost my way for a few, but am now back in full force with no distractions doing what i do best !!

    feel free to "like" on facebook and follow my upcoming paintings throughout the season

    click here >>> ICONSbyDH
    Image Image
    Image
    ImageImage
    User avatar
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire
     
    Posts: 1635
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:02 pm
    Location: Phoenix AZ (aka Seattle south)


Re: (UPDATED PIC 8/9) It has begun...
Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:31 pm
  • hands, neck and and ball...

    Image
    Image Image
    Image
    ImageImage
    User avatar
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire
     
    Posts: 1635
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:02 pm
    Location: Phoenix AZ (aka Seattle south)


Re: (UPDATED PIC 8/9) It has begun...
Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:03 am
  • I keep checking over here to see the final product. It's looking amazing man, almost there!
    "We're the 49ers, we can do whatever we want" - The Great Jim Harbaugh -
    User avatar
    Comeinpeace
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 128
    Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:11 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: (UPDATED PIC 8/9) It has begun...
Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:03 am
  • Comeinpeace wrote:I keep checking over here to see the final product. It's looking amazing man, almost there!



    thanks buddy ;-) it would be done right now, but the past two days i had to work two double shifts my normal job... but it will be completed TODAY !!
    Image Image
    Image
    ImageImage
    User avatar
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire
     
    Posts: 1635
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:02 pm
    Location: Phoenix AZ (aka Seattle south)


Re: (UPDATED PIC 8/9) It has begun...
Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:16 am
  • Looks fantastic. :)
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2549
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: (UPDATED PIC 8/9) It has begun...
Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:17 am
  • That's some major skills there, Dj
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6861
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


Re: (UPDATED PIC 8/9) It has begun...
Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:43 am
  • I saw this one artist tweeted his drawing to a music artist (think to Rhianna) and she posted it and retweeted it and suddenly his webpages and following just hit the millions.......

    so I would say tweet it to RW when done but if you do be ready in the sense that you should have a webpage with a few drawings on there etc. I think it is better to get some publicity later than get it when you are not at all ready to capitalize on it.

    Just my $0.02 as I like the others really appreciate seeing this and the skill you have.
    mikeak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3172
    Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: (UPDATED PIC 8/9) It has begun...
Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:46 am
  • mikeak wrote:I saw this one artist tweeted his drawing to a music artist (think to Rhianna) and she posted it and retweeted it and suddenly his webpages and following just hit the millions.......

    so I would say tweet it to RW when done but if you do be ready in the sense that you should have a webpage with a few drawings on there etc. I think it is better to get some publicity later than get it when you are not at all ready to capitalize on it.

    Just my $0.02 as I like the others really appreciate seeing this and the skill you have.



    yes, i will be sending these out on tweets and whatever social media source once i get my webpage actually up and going because well, publicity and marketing are key to becoming a profitable artist as opposed to a "starving artist". I don't know crap yet about webpage building and well, if someone wants to point me the right direction that would be amazing and i would be very grateful...
    Image Image
    Image
    ImageImage
    User avatar
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire
     
    Posts: 1635
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:02 pm
    Location: Phoenix AZ (aka Seattle south)


Re: (UPDATED PIC 8/9) It has begun...
Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:57 am
  • djTOY2000 wrote:
    mikeak wrote:I saw this one artist tweeted his drawing to a music artist (think to Rhianna) and she posted it and retweeted it and suddenly his webpages and following just hit the millions.......

    so I would say tweet it to RW when done but if you do be ready in the sense that you should have a webpage with a few drawings on there etc. I think it is better to get some publicity later than get it when you are not at all ready to capitalize on it.

    Just my $0.02 as I like the others really appreciate seeing this and the skill you have.



    yes, i will be sending these out on tweets and whatever social media source once i get my webpage actually up and going because well, publicity and marketing are key to becoming a profitable artist as opposed to a "starving artist". I don't know crap yet about webpage building and well, if someone wants to point me the right direction that would be amazing and i would be very grateful...


    The only thing I would wonder tho is if the NFL would have issue with you selling a players likeness. They seem kinda anal about that kind of stuff. Not sure of the law. You got major talent tho man...keep at it.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2549
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: (UPDATED PIC 8/9) It has begun...
Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:20 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:

    The only thing I would wonder tho is if the NFL would have issue with you selling a players likeness. They seem kinda anal about that kind of stuff. Not sure of the law. You got major talent tho man...keep at it.



    from what i have read, and searched for (but will still be contacting a lawyer for more insight), as an artist, what i create is my intellectual property. The subject of the artwork is me renditioning and my visual perception/creation. example being this painting i am creating, Russell Wilson is the subject of the painting and wherein he is wearing a uniform of the seahawks, and is a product of the NFL, I as the artist can paint that because it is coming from my creation.

    if i take, and create a second, or third separate entity of a trademarked logo, on the piece of artwork, i am in violation of trademark infringement - example being if i took the Seahawks logo or the NFL shield and directly placed it in the lower corner (or wherever) by itself and not part of the subject depicted

    as far as i have investigated, as an artist i have the right to paint/draw/photograph any subject as long as i do not falsely advertise or place copyrighted logos on it and sell my renditions as an artist.

    but trust me, if this goes anywhere as i would like to see it go here shortly, i am and will be seeking definitive answers from a lawyer
    Image Image
    Image
    ImageImage
    User avatar
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire
     
    Posts: 1635
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:02 pm
    Location: Phoenix AZ (aka Seattle south)


Re: (UPDATED PIC 8/9) It has begun...
Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:26 am
  • Dude you have some serious talent! Keep it up, can't wait to see the final piece.
    User avatar
    Decimation
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 745
    Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 9:28 am


Re: (UPDATED PIC 8/9) It has begun...
Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:07 pm
  • The issue is if you are using copyrighted pictures such as those issued by the NFL / ESPN etc and create derivativ work but sure you looked at that already. Should be fine otherwise

    If you use your own pictures as basis for the drawings then make sure to keep those in a file associated with a drawing. Had this issue happen to someone I know that made a drawing and someone else sent a picture saying she copied that picture. The fact is that many people took the same picture (there were a group of people where this happened) and the I know just replied back with their digital image proving that it was from their camera etc saying - nope I used this picture as basis

    NFL broadcasts etc usually have the no duplication allowed so seeing it on TV is probably not enough. Someone's uploaded video on youtube shot with their cell-phone camera should be enough since they put it up publically and shared it etc so that would be a way to reproduce beastquake pictures etc (not sure on youtube's copyright statement)
    mikeak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3172
    Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: (UPDATED PIC 8/12) It has begun...
Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:56 pm
  • (updated pic)

    Image
    Image Image
    Image
    ImageImage
    User avatar
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire
     
    Posts: 1635
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:02 pm
    Location: Phoenix AZ (aka Seattle south)


Re: (UPDATED PIC 8/12) It has begun...
Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:28 pm
  • almost done...

    Image
    Image Image
    Image
    ImageImage
    User avatar
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire
     
    Posts: 1635
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:02 pm
    Location: Phoenix AZ (aka Seattle south)


Re: (UPDATED PIC 8/12) It has begun...
Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:20 pm
  • I thought everyone might like to see that I also made a painting...

    Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg (36.53 KiB) Viewed 137 times


    I know... it's pretty awesome right? But please, I beg you guys. DON'T get all intimidated by me just because I'm such an incredible artist. I'm a regular guy just like you little people.
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11193
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


Re: (UPDATED PIC 8/12) It has begun...
Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:22 pm
  • CANHawk wrote:I thought everyone might like to see that I also made a painting...

    Untitled.jpg


    I know... it's pretty awesome right? But please, I beg you guys. DON'T get all intimidated by me just because I'm such an incredible artist. I'm a regular guy just like you little people.



    AMAZING !!! :th2thumbs:
    Image Image
    Image
    ImageImage
    User avatar
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire
     
    Posts: 1635
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:02 pm
    Location: Phoenix AZ (aka Seattle south)


Re: (UPDATED PIC 8/12) It has begun...
Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:23 pm
  • From one artist to another, that means a lot DJ. Thanks!
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11193
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


Re: (UPDATED PIC 8/12) It has begun...
Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:46 pm
  • CANHawk wrote:From one artist to another, that means a lot DJ. Thanks!



    perhaps it's because you can foresee the future, and i like what is in Russell's left hand !!
    Image Image
    Image
    ImageImage
    User avatar
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire
     
    Posts: 1635
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:02 pm
    Location: Phoenix AZ (aka Seattle south)


Re: (UPDATED PIC 8/12) It has begun...
Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:37 am
  • djTOY2000 wrote:
    CANHawk wrote:From one artist to another, that means a lot DJ. Thanks!



    perhaps it's because you can foresee the future, and i like what is in Russell's left hand !!


    I tend to use a lot of peyote to provide spiritual inspiration for my art. Jim Morrison and a naked indian told me the Hawks would win the super bowl while I was wandering aimlessly through the desert.
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11193
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


Re: (UPDATED PIC 8/12) It has begun...
Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:54 am
  • CANHawk wrote:I tend to use a lot of peyote to provide spiritual inspiration for my art. Jim Morrison and a naked indian told me the Hawks would win the super bowl while I was wandering aimlessly through the desert.



    Image
    Image Image
    Image
    ImageImage
    User avatar
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire
     
    Posts: 1635
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:02 pm
    Location: Phoenix AZ (aka Seattle south)


Next


It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:42 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Ray12man and 9 guests