(UPDATED PIC 8/12) It has begun...

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Re: (UPDATED PIC 8/9) It has begun...
Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:31 pm
  • hands, neck and and ball...

Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire

Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:03 am
  • I keep checking over here to see the final product. It's looking amazing man, almost there!
    "We're the 49ers, we can do whatever we want" - The Great Jim Harbaugh -
    Comeinpeace
    NET Rookie

Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:03 am
  • Comeinpeace wrote:I keep checking over here to see the final product. It's looking amazing man, almost there!

thanks buddy ;-) it would be done right now, but the past two days i had to work two double shifts my normal job... but it will be completed TODAY !!
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000

Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:16 am
  • Looks fantastic. :)
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:17 am
  • That's some major skills there, Dj
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:43 am
  • I saw this one artist tweeted his drawing to a music artist (think to Rhianna) and she posted it and retweeted it and suddenly his webpages and following just hit the millions.......

so I would say tweet it to RW when done but if you do be ready in the sense that you should have a webpage with a few drawings on there etc. I think it is better to get some publicity later than get it when you are not at all ready to capitalize on it.

Just my $0.02 as I like the others really appreciate seeing this and the skill you have.
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:46 am
  • mikeak wrote:I saw this one artist tweeted his drawing to a music artist (think to Rhianna) and she posted it and retweeted it and suddenly his webpages and following just hit the millions.......

so I would say tweet it to RW when done but if you do be ready in the sense that you should have a webpage with a few drawings on there etc. I think it is better to get some publicity later than get it when you are not at all ready to capitalize on it.

Just my $0.02 as I like the others really appreciate seeing this and the skill you have.

yes, i will be sending these out on tweets and whatever social media source once i get my webpage actually up and going because well, publicity and marketing are key to becoming a profitable artist as opposed to a "starving artist". I don't know crap yet about webpage building and well, if someone wants to point me the right direction that would be amazing and i would be very grateful...
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000

Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:57 am
  • djTOY2000 wrote:
    mikeak wrote:I saw this one artist tweeted his drawing to a music artist (think to Rhianna) and she posted it and retweeted it and suddenly his webpages and following just hit the millions.......

yes, i will be sending these out on tweets and whatever social media source once i get my webpage actually up and going because well, publicity and marketing are key to becoming a profitable artist as opposed to a "starving artist". I don't know crap yet about webpage building and well, if someone wants to point me the right direction that would be amazing and i would be very grateful...

The only thing I would wonder tho is if the NFL would have issue with you selling a players likeness. They seem kinda anal about that kind of stuff. Not sure of the law. You got major talent tho man...keep at it.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:20 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:

The only thing I would wonder tho is if the NFL would have issue with you selling a players likeness. They seem kinda anal about that kind of stuff. Not sure of the law. You got major talent tho man...keep at it.

from what i have read, and searched for (but will still be contacting a lawyer for more insight), as an artist, what i create is my intellectual property. The subject of the artwork is me renditioning and my visual perception/creation. example being this painting i am creating, Russell Wilson is the subject of the painting and wherein he is wearing a uniform of the seahawks, and is a product of the NFL, I as the artist can paint that because it is coming from my creation.

if i take, and create a second, or third separate entity of a trademarked logo, on the piece of artwork, i am in violation of trademark infringement - example being if i took the Seahawks logo or the NFL shield and directly placed it in the lower corner (or wherever) by itself and not part of the subject depicted

as far as i have investigated, as an artist i have the right to paint/draw/photograph any subject as long as i do not falsely advertise or place copyrighted logos on it and sell my renditions as an artist.

but trust me, if this goes anywhere as i would like to see it go here shortly, i am and will be seeking definitive answers from a lawyer
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000

Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:26 am
  • Dude you have some serious talent! Keep it up, can't wait to see the final piece.
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:07 pm
  • The issue is if you are using copyrighted pictures such as those issued by the NFL / ESPN etc and create derivativ work but sure you looked at that already. Should be fine otherwise

If you use your own pictures as basis for the drawings then make sure to keep those in a file associated with a drawing. Had this issue happen to someone I know that made a drawing and someone else sent a picture saying she copied that picture. The fact is that many people took the same picture (there were a group of people where this happened) and the I know just replied back with their digital image proving that it was from their camera etc saying - nope I used this picture as basis

NFL broadcasts etc usually have the no duplication allowed so seeing it on TV is probably not enough. Someone's uploaded video on youtube shot with their cell-phone camera should be enough since they put it up publically and shared it etc so that would be a way to reproduce beastquake pictures etc (not sure on youtube's copyright statement)
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Re: (UPDATED PIC 8/12) It has begun...
Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:56 pm
  • (updated pic)

Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000

Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:28 pm
  • almost done...

Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000

Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:20 pm
  • I thought everyone might like to see that I also made a painting...

Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg (36.53 KiB) Viewed 168 times

I know... it's pretty awesome right? But please, I beg you guys. DON'T get all intimidated by me just because I'm such an incredible artist. I'm a regular guy just like you little people.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:22 pm
  • CANHawk wrote:I thought everyone might like to see that I also made a painting...

Untitled.jpg

I know... it's pretty awesome right? But please, I beg you guys. DON'T get all intimidated by me just because I'm such an incredible artist. I'm a regular guy just like you little people.

AMAZING !!! :th2thumbs:
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000

Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:23 pm
  • From one artist to another, that means a lot DJ. Thanks!
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:46 pm
  • CANHawk wrote:From one artist to another, that means a lot DJ. Thanks!

perhaps it's because you can foresee the future, and i like what is in Russell's left hand !!
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000

Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:37 am
  • djTOY2000 wrote:
    CANHawk wrote:From one artist to another, that means a lot DJ. Thanks!

perhaps it's because you can foresee the future, and i like what is in Russell's left hand !!

I tend to use a lot of peyote to provide spiritual inspiration for my art. Jim Morrison and a naked indian told me the Hawks would win the super bowl while I was wandering aimlessly through the desert.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:54 am
  • CANHawk wrote:I tend to use a lot of peyote to provide spiritual inspiration for my art. Jim Morrison and a naked indian told me the Hawks would win the super bowl while I was wandering aimlessly through the desert.

Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000

Previous

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:19 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information