Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:02 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 4664
Location: The 5-0
So, yesterday I am fired up (yes, I know) for the Phins and Cowboys game. Get the yard work done and sit down for the first glimpse of football. I scrolled through the menu no less than 5 times but still couldn't locate the game. I decided to call DISH NETWORK and learned we no longer have NBC. $150 a month and no access to this game and worse...NO access to Sunday night games. A few choice words later and I was asked if I wanted to cancel my subscription. I hung up.

I know Direct has that Sunday ticket and living in Hawaii, that would assure me of seeing the Hawks weekly but I've heard not such good things about them too.
Does anyone that has experienced these two networks have an opinion on them or preference? Please reply because the clock is ticking. Living on an outer island in Hawaii..it could take weeks to change my service and I'd hate to jump from the frying pan into the fire. I thank you in advance.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:06 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6360
I'm not sure about Dish but going from Comcast to DirectTV, I couldn't be happier. It's cheaper and I have access to more content.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:09 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:10 pm
Posts: 417
We've had both and prefer Direct. We don't have Sunday Ticket though.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:35 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:16 pm
Posts: 3518
Location: Huntsville, Al
Been with Directv for close to 15 years, absolutely love it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:48 pm 
* NET Staff *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
Posts: 1659
Location: Kitsap County
DTV. :th2thumbs:

_________________
Image
In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties. Those 9 penalties came on 5,703 pass plays.
That's as many penalties as he had Probowls.
First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:58 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 4664
Location: The 5-0
Thanks for the replies all. Is it safe to say Direct TV (currently) gets NBC, CBS and ABC? Seems like a silly question, I know, but I just learned that our cable carrier here (Time Warner) does not get CBS.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:02 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17343
Location: Graham, WA
Lol yes, DirecTV don't play the games that Dish does. Make the switch, man, you will be happier.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:06 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 4:16 am
Posts: 112
Location: Northern CA
I have had Directv for 14 years and Sunday Ticket that long as well . They may throw you a bone of the ticket for free being a new subscriber they do negotiate.They have all the channels that you asked at present.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:11 pm 
* NET Staff *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
Posts: 1659
Location: Kitsap County
The only channel that Dish has that DTV doesn't that I wish they did is the PAC12 Network.

_________________
Image
In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties. Those 9 penalties came on 5,703 pass plays.
That's as many penalties as he had Probowls.
First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:17 pm 
I'M JIMMY!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
Posts: 4298
Location: Auburn, WA
I have had all 3 and what I have learned is that overall, you get more bang for the buck on Direct. Whole home DVR and Genie over coax. I left them once for Comcast and Dish makes my blood pressure boil. Xfinity Internet access for sure, but my TV is coming from DirecTV.

Always the best hardware too, at least for me.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:31 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 4664
Location: The 5-0
SOLD!

Thanks again.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:49 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:35 pm
Posts: 300
Location: Reno,NV
Another endorsement for DTV here.

Have had it, and sunday ticket, since I think 97.
Great channel selection, and their customer service has always been A-1 for me.
Replacement hardware, line checks, whatever I need, they handle it quick and painless.

And for local broadcast . . . YES. You will get your local channels of all 4 networks. I also get the 2 or three fringe networks ( cw and what have you) but don't know how local they are, as I don't watch them much


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:41 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 4664
Location: The 5-0
Thanks again guys. Just signed up. The operator clued me in that things (with Dish net) were / are about to get much worse. The guy reported Dish net has...or is about to lose CBS, ABC and Fox as well as NBC. Our local carrier (Oceanic time warner) is in the same boat making Direct TV not only the best option, but the only option. Wish I owned shares....their phone must be ringing off the hook.

If anyone else is interested, the guy said anyone wanting to sign up should do so asap because the closer we get to the season, the less discounts will be offered.

Fast service as well. With Dish, we may not see a tech for 2 weeks. DirectTV wanted to send a guy to do the install this Thursday. I declined for fear I wouldn't have a signal for the Hawk game, so they will come the following day. So far, so good. Aloha.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:54 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:41 am
Posts: 624
Howzit HawkWow, you cant go wrong with DTV, love it and the NFL Sunday ticket, its the only way I get to see the 9ers here in Hawk town.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:48 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 4664
Location: The 5-0
lvnginhwktwn wrote:
Howzit HawkWow, you cant go wrong with DTV, love it and the NFL Sunday ticket, its the only way I get to see the 9ers here in Hawk town.


I actually enjoy watching the Niners...always have. Obviously, since moving to the NFC, I do not hope for their success but they are an interesting, entertaining team on the football field. But I definitely enjoyed them more pre-Harbaugh.

You know Hawaii, so you know you and I are in similar boats. I'm dead in the middle of 9er country (for the most part), but change is in the wind. ; )

Good health to both of our clubs and thanks for the reply.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:59 pm 
* NET Staff *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
Posts: 1659
Location: Kitsap County
It might be too late now, but if you want, one of us could send you our account number and you can save $10 a month for 10 months. You still have until Friday, so you might be okay.

_________________
Image
In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties. Those 9 penalties came on 5,703 pass plays.
That's as many penalties as he had Probowls.
First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:39 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17343
Location: Graham, WA
Another endorsement I'll give DirecTV, their customer service has always been good to me. I wish my internet carrier was the same, them boys suck.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:04 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:11 am
Posts: 341
I have sold both Dish and DTV for a living, I sell internet tv and phone. I can tell you for a fact that this is a normal process for all tv providers. They get in contract disputes whenever a new contract comes up with a network provider. The network provider wants to raise rates and the company providing you your tv service is trying to fight it to keep their/your price down. There will be times with any and every TV provider that you will find a channel no longer being subscribed to(usually not the bigger networks, but it does happen), but it is usually over shortly and they come to an agreement, not always though.

Before the superbowl a few years back DTV actually had this go on, and people on DTV may not know it but they almost missed the superbowl.

_________________
"Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:30 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:37 pm
Posts: 2539
I work on sundays so i will probably get the NFL.com game rewind thing.
Is it worth it? Do they spike prices and how long until the games are made available?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:03 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:50 am
Posts: 990
Location: Tonasket, WA to Temecula, CA
Has any one seen a commercial something about ordering games for $2 per game? I'm pretty sure it was direct tv, maybe not, but I keep just catching the very tail-end of it and haven't seen the whole thing to get the details of exactly what they're talking about. Seems like it's been showing on NFLN. Looking on DTV's website I don't see any reference to it though.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:42 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:50 pm
Posts: 32
I have DirecTV. They are very good to deal with and the Sunday Ticket is great. However, I do not get Fox. DirecTV is fighting with them and I don't get them.

Also, the $2 per game is just the average of all the games they show. I do not think you can cherry pick the games you want to watch.

Chris


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:40 pm 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
Posts: 7407
Location: CVN-68
DIRECTV is awesome...never have issues with it, the technology has gotten better and better. Sunday Ticket is just an awesome thing for a die hard football fan.

The DIRECTV Genie (whole home DVR) is great too!

_________________
@SeahawkGreg

Image

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:50 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:50 am
Posts: 990
Location: Tonasket, WA to Temecula, CA
Manbearpig99 wrote:
Also, the $2 per game is just the average of all the games they show. I do not think you can cherry pick the games you want to watch.

Chris


Ahh, that must have been what they were talking about. Trying to break the cost down to make it sound like a deal at $2/game. I never caught the whole thing and was getting excited that you might be able to order on a per game basis like a Pay Per View movie. Oh well maybe they'll come to their senses one of the days do it. They'd probably make way more money.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:40 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:41 am
Posts: 624
HawkWow wrote:
lvnginhwktwn wrote:
Howzit HawkWow, you cant go wrong with DTV, love it and the NFL Sunday ticket, its the only way I get to see the 9ers here in Hawk town.


I actually enjoy watching the Niners...always have. Obviously, since moving to the NFC, I do not hope for their success but they are an interesting, entertaining team on the football field. But I definitely enjoyed them more pre-Harbaugh.

You know Hawaii, so you know you and I are in similar boats. I'm dead in the middle of 9er country (for the most part), but change is in the wind. ; )

Good health to both of our clubs and thanks for the reply.


Shoots Brah, anytime! Where you stay?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:05 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm
Posts: 2112
I've had both, and liked both. That said DTV can't come to terms with the Pac 12 so I dumped them and went back to the dish. Oh and here in Seattle, I still have all my channels and I was able to watch the game on Sunday.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:35 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17343
Location: Graham, WA
the DTV & Pac 12 thing pisses me off, luckily I have my ways of getting around it to watch UW games that are televised on Pac 12 Network.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:13 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm
Posts: 2112
Throwdown wrote:
the DTV & Pac 12 thing pisses me off, luckily I have my ways of getting around it to watch UW games that are televised on Pac 12 Network.



Last year I had to watch games either on my laptop, or with my laptop connected to my TV. Either way it wasn't near as good as actual TV, so two weeks ago I switched when Scott said they won't be getting a deal done.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:28 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17343
Location: Graham, WA
Its only 3-4 games though, I'm not really worried about the occasional choppy feed that clears up eventually. If I had to do that for the Seahawks again, I'd lose my damn mind, 2011 season was brutal with no TV.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:43 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:16 pm
Posts: 3518
Location: Huntsville, Al
Manbearpig99 wrote:
I have DirecTV. They are very good to deal with and the Sunday Ticket is great. However, I do not get Fox. DirecTV is fighting with them and I don't get them.

Also, the $2 per game is just the average of all the games they show. I do not think you can cherry pick the games you want to watch.

Chris


You can pay for a NFL game, one at time. Directv doesn't advertise it, but they offer it. Though, it's $25 per game.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:19 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:18 pm
Posts: 283
I might be late with my input, but Direct TV all the way. I've had both too, and I HATED dish network.

Axx wrote:
I work on sundays so i will probably get the NFL.com game rewind thing.
Is it worth it? Do they spike prices and how long until the games are made available?


I get the game rewind after the season. It's about $25-$30 with all games from 2009- current with coaches film. They have different packages during the season. I guess the games are not available until after the Sunday night game ends. Or on tuesdays for the monday night ones.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:55 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:37 am
Posts: 3154
Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas
I have Direct TV, but for only one reason. NFL Sunday ticket. As a new customer the price of Sunday ticket is great. History shows it goes up the following year tho. Also in the rumor mill I've heard that the contract is close to being up, and that the NFL network is heavy in the mix. Not sure how that would play out for you, in my case I need Direct TV to get the NFL net work. Good Luck. GO HAWKS.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:25 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:16 pm
Posts: 3518
Location: Huntsville, Al
Normally you can get Sunday Ticket for free as a new customer. After that, it's $200 a year, which isn't bad at all. It used to be close to $300 a couple of years ago.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:12 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 4664
Location: The 5-0
lvnginhwktwn wrote:
HawkWow wrote:
lvnginhwktwn wrote:
Howzit HawkWow, you cant go wrong with DTV, love it and the NFL Sunday ticket, its the only way I get to see the 9ers here in Hawk town.


I actually enjoy watching the Niners...always have. Obviously, since moving to the NFC, I do not hope for their success but they are an interesting, entertaining team on the football field. But I definitely enjoyed them more pre-Harbaugh.

You know Hawaii, so you know you and I are in similar boats. I'm dead in the middle of 9er country (for the most part), but change is in the wind. ; )

Good health to both of our clubs and thanks for the reply.


Shoots Brah, anytime! Where you stay?



Mon-Thurs on Oahu then home (Kauai) on weekends. Finally had to rent a place downtown. I was averaging 200 flights per year after committing to a project (on Oahu). The original plan was to commute via Super Ferry...you know how that turned out.

It looks like DishNet lost CBS as well now. We were watching something last night then..poof, it was gone. Replaced by a message blaming "Raycom". Whoever the hell Raycom is.

We get hooked up Friday afternoon with Direct and I so look forward to notifying Dishnet of the good news. They are some slippery bastage. The day I started this thread, I sat down to watch the game, but couldn't find it. I called Dishnetwork and asked the dude what channel NBC was...and told him I couldn't locate it on the menu. The dude just goes..."Oh, NBC is channel 13". Something didn't feel right so I asked him to hold while I looked. That's when I found the first "Raycom" message. I laid into the dude because it was clear he knew I'd find out there was no F'N NBC, but when I'd call back, I'd get a different operator. Punkass.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:46 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:41 am
Posts: 624
Nice, I use to do that commute, go to Kauai on Monday come home to Oahu on Friday. I was working for the property management company that ran Coconut Market Place, Princeville Shopping Center and Rice Shopping Center. I painted all of them. Still have a house over in Kane'ohe on Oahu.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:36 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 4664
Location: The 5-0
lvnginhwktwn wrote:
Nice, I use to do that commute, go to Kauai on Monday come home to Oahu on Friday. I was working for the property management company that ran Coconut Market Place, Princeville Shopping Center and Rice Shopping Center. I painted all of them. Still have a house over in Kane'ohe on Oahu.



Ahhhh,

I knew the guy you worked for..Bill? and he had a side thing called Apex painting (?). I lived in Haole-wood for almost 20 years. Who was the black / Carribean guy? Was his name Tom? Great guy....is that you? I did sports radio in Pville for many years as well as "alterative" rock on Friday nights. I have no doubt we know each other.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:03 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:16 pm
Posts: 3518
Location: Huntsville, Al
FWIW, Raycom is one of the largest owners of TV stations in the country. Sinclair is by far the largest (and they own a TON of Fox stations), so things like this happen all the time.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:16 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 4664
Location: The 5-0
taz291819 wrote:
FWIW, Raycom is one of the largest owners of TV stations in the country. Sinclair is by far the largest (and they own a TON of Fox stations), so things like this happen all the time.


Thanks for the info. I hope it doesn't happen to Direct Tv next. I imagine the fine print makes them immune to cancellations. I will be cancelling Dish the second Direct is installed, whether I have to pay off the balance of my contract with them or not. I mean...we're talking football here.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:27 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 3076
Location: Anchorage, AK
Local fox / NBC / abc / CBS have disputes with the carriers all the time. Very different from the time Warner dispute going on now which won't last for very long


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:19 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:11 am
Posts: 341
pmedic920 wrote:
I have Direct TV, but for only one reason. NFL Sunday ticket. As a new customer the price of Sunday ticket is great. History shows it goes up the following year tho. Also in the rumor mill I've heard that the contract is close to being up, and that the NFL network is heavy in the mix. Not sure how that would play out for you, in my case I need Direct TV to get the NFL net work. Good Luck. GO HAWKS.



It's not a rumor. This is the last year of the contract with DTV and Sunday Ticket. DTV shelled out 4 billion last time to extend the contract. They would probably have to pay quite a bit more this time as well, though they probably won't get it. Sunday Ticket is quite possibly going to be sold individually and have nothing to do with any major tv provider. I haven't heard anything about NFL Network but I know the rest to be true.

_________________
"Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:15 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:18 pm
Posts: 1439
HawkWow wrote:
Thanks for the replies all. Is it safe to say Direct TV (currently) gets NBC, CBS and ABC? Seems like a silly question, I know, but I just learned that our cable carrier here (Time Warner) does not get CBS.


Not only do you get those channels with DirecTV, you get them in HD. NFL Sunday Ticket is free the first year and the second year, which is where I am currently, you pay $150. So, for two years of Sunday Ticket, you pay $75 per year. Not bad.

If you call and complain about the "new" subscribers getting all those freebies, they'll also lower your bill $10-$20 per month for 15 months which actually pays for Sunday Ticket for you. You have to re-up with the two years though.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:44 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:37 pm
Posts: 2539


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:41 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:41 am
Posts: 624
HawkWow wrote:
lvnginhwktwn wrote:
Nice, I use to do that commute, go to Kauai on Monday come home to Oahu on Friday. I was working for the property management company that ran Coconut Market Place, Princeville Shopping Center and Rice Shopping Center. I painted all of them. Still have a house over in Kane'ohe on Oahu.



Ahhhh,

I knew the guy you worked for..Bill? and he had a side thing called Apex painting (?). I lived in Haole-wood for almost 20 years. Who was the black / Carribean guy? Was his name Tom? Great guy....is that you? I did sports radio in Pville for many years as well as "alterative" rock on Friday nights. I have no doubt we know each other.


I worked for Asset Realty formerly William Powell and Assoc., we had a maintenance and janitorial division and we recieved so many request for painting that I started a painting division called ARC Painting. Bill Powell was the owner, Bobby or Bob Fleming is the black guy you are thinking of, he was the maintenance Supervisor for Coconut Market Place, I heard his mom was sick with cancer and he moved back to the Virgin Islands.

We have probably met I'm sure.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:37 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 4664
Location: The 5-0
Yes, Bill Powell. I knew him fairly well and I liked Bob a lot. I was thinking Apex Painting, but now I do recall it was ARC painting (not Apex). Whatcha' doin' up there in the land of the 12th man?

Why not just convert bro? That 9er thing is only going to cause you heartache...sadness. Let me know if you need a sponsor to help you get to that 12th step. ; )


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:32 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:41 am
Posts: 624
HawkWow wrote:
Yes, Bill Powell. I knew him fairly well and I liked Bob a lot. I was thinking Apex Painting, but now I do recall it was ARC painting (not Apex). Whatcha' doin' up there in the land of the 12th man?

Why not just convert bro? That 9er thing is only going to cause you heartache...sadness. Let me know if you need a sponsor to help you get to that 12th step. ; )


What am I doing in Hawk country? You mean besides getting pelted with Hawk shit.....lol

Moved up to the Puget Sound area in 07, wife works for PSNS now, came over from Pearl Harbor. We were looking for a place somewhere in the NW that I could work and she could keep here government job. So far we love it here, we have a couple of boats and like the crabbing and fishing and so do the relatives when they come over. You know how Hawaiians love their seafood.

Been a 9er fan since the 70s, don't think I am going to convert. I do root for the NFC West when we are not playing against our rivals. How did you become a Hawk fan in Hawaii?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:37 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 4664
Location: The 5-0
lvnginhwktwn wrote:
HawkWow wrote:
Yes, Bill Powell. I knew him fairly well and I liked Bob a lot. I was thinking Apex Painting, but now I do recall it was ARC painting (not Apex). Whatcha' doin' up there in the land of the 12th man?

Why not just convert bro? That 9er thing is only going to cause you heartache...sadness. Let me know if you need a sponsor to help you get to that 12th step. ; )


What am I doing in Hawk country? You mean besides getting pelted with Hawk shit.....lol

Moved up to the Puget Sound area in 07, wife works for PSNS now, came over from Pearl Harbor. We were looking for a place somewhere in the NW that I could work and she could keep here government job. So far we love it here, we have a couple of boats and like the crabbing and fishing and so do the relatives when they come over. You know how Hawaiians love their seafood.

Been a 9er fan since the 70s, don't think I am going to convert. I do root for the NFC West when we are not playing against our rivals. How did you become a Hawk fan in Hawaii?


I was born in Seattle but my immediate family moved to the Midwest, like dumbass', when I was 5. I became a Packer fan (no Hawks back then). Back home in Seattle, my gramps was a politician and helped get the Kingdome built and the Hawks were born. I started rooting for the Hawks because they meant so much to my Gramps. We moved to Hawaii soon after but I started going back and forth to Seattle, from Kauai, on a regular basis. I became friends with one of the Hawk vice presidents and certainly enjoyed the percs that went with that. Unfortunately he passed away a few years ago. So did my gramps, which made the tragedy of SB XL even more tragic.

You are a lucky man. Pad in Kaneohe and living in Seattle. I can't imagine a more ideal set-up and that is exactly how my retirement will look.

So what's happening with ARC painting these days? You still holding your C-33?

I will end this on topic....NEVER USE DISH NETWORK!! Just a terrible company that lies to and cheats their customers. DISH NETWORK SUCKS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:25 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:41 am
Posts: 624
Bill and I are still friends, but we had a parting of the ways. He still has ARC Painting, but he has a different RME. Kinda funny because his new RME is from Seattle. I currently own a painting business over in Kitsap County, my company is Aloha Painting & Housecalls.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:26 am 
NET Ring Of Honor
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
Posts: 21063
Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014
I have Direct. I have been mostly pleased. However, Thursday night, NFL network could not be seen. A message appeared that if I wanted to order it I could.

Excuse me, but I PAY FOR IT AS PART OF MY PACKAGE.

It was back on Friday morning, but I missed the game.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:10 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 4664
Location: The 5-0
lvnginhwktwn wrote:
Bill and I are still friends, but we had a parting of the ways. He still has ARC Painting, but he has a different RME. Kinda funny because his new RME is from Seattle. I currently own a painting business over in Kitsap County, my company is Aloha Painting & Housecalls.



I can understand the "parting of ways"...I'll leave it at that. ;)

Lots of money to be made on the mainland. Especially if you're willing to diversify a bit and get into the industrial side. If interested, researching the merits of polyurea would be a great start. HUGE potential with this incredible, fast drying (30 secs) polymer. SPI is out of Lakewood and they make a great product and offer schooling (necessary). Think of a bedliner on steroids. 100% solids, 600% elongation and NSF 61 approved for potable water. Also impervious to SO-2 gas. Available in both aromatic and aliphatic. Definitely superior to Urethanes and epoxies. Cascade Industries in Bothell are pioneers in the industry.

One caveat: This technology is only available to Seahawk fans. ;)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:12 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 4664
Location: The 5-0
Largent80 wrote:
I have Direct. I have been mostly pleased. However, Thursday night, NFL network could not be seen. A message appeared that if I wanted to order it I could.

Excuse me, but I PAY FOR IT AS PART OF MY PACKAGE.

It was back on Friday morning, but I missed the game.



I had the same experience. I ended up turning the TV off and watched the game on the net. Later I learned from another poster it was due to a technical error and they put the game on once it was corrected. Guess you have to keep checking when that happens.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dishnet Vs. Direct TV?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:32 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:25 am
Posts: 145
HawkWow wrote:
So, yesterday I am fired up (yes, I know) for the Phins and Cowboys game. Get the yard work done and sit down for the first glimpse of football. I scrolled through the menu no less than 5 times but still couldn't locate the game. I decided to call DISH NETWORK and learned we no longer have NBC. $150 a month and no access to this game and worse...NO access to Sunday night games. A few choice words later and I was asked if I wanted to cancel my subscription. I hung up.

I know Direct has that Sunday ticket and living in Hawaii, that would assure me of seeing the Hawks weekly but I've heard not such good things about them too.
Does anyone that has experienced these two networks have an opinion on them or preference? Please reply because the clock is ticking. Living on an outer island in Hawaii..it could take weeks to change my service and I'd hate to jump from the frying pan into the fire. I thank you in advance.


Dish doesnt have NBC? Wow.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SomersetHawk and 7 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.