Vince Young to the Packers: 1-year deal

RedAlice

Reaction score
Is Vince a more mobile QB than Rodgers?

Just curious about this signing. Is it only because their back-ups sucked, or more?

I dont know much about VY, other than there were issues w Titans w Fisher.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Honestly, I never understood why we didn't give him a shot here before Russell Wilson hit town and established himself as Russell Wilson, Quarterback of the Seattle Seahawks.

Probably something to do with his attitude that I'm not privy to. Or maybe they're just not a huge fan.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Throwdown":57j4ej9q said:
I don't understand why he's black listed in this league.

Phrasing.

Also, he doesn't get a lot of attention because he's a total headcase. Very skilled, but that's not enough anymore. Not when you can draft a rookie and start them from day one without all the hassle of dealing with VY's antics.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Throwdown's already trying to get this moved to the shack. :)

RedAlice":3dmb3dxm said:

Just curious about this signing. Is it only because their back-ups sucked, or more?

Well, with them losing the only good O-lineman on their team, they're expecting Rodgers to have his funeral with friends and family between weeks 6 and 8, so they need someone that can start running at the beginning of each snap to have a chance at not going 2-14 this year after Rodgers is dead.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I feel like this is a move that will leave Vince as a third stringer, but also leave the Pack with a big Kaepernick stand in for practice leading up to week one.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1fowj4fm said:
I feel like this is a move that will leave Vince as a third stringer, but also leave the Pack with a big Kaepernick stand in for practice leading up to week one.

I was going to say that I always knew that VY would be back, and that when the day came, it would be a decision made by a GM driven franchise. But what you said sounds a lot smarter, so I'm going with that.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":hd0ha3ht said:
I don't understand why he's black listed in this league.

he's the poster boy for headcases that's why.

KEWASTEES

Reaction score
yeah but no one knows what those headcases were or WHY they actually happened. I think the dude had a poor teacher, and unfortunately didnt get along with a well respected coach. I think all he ever needed was a change. And wrongfully he was blacklisted. I think hes going to be starting somewhere next year.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2bcyvuny said:
Throwdown's already trying to get this moved to the shack. :)

RedAlice":2bcyvuny said:

Well, with them losing the only good O-lineman on their team, they're expecting Rodgers to have his funeral with friends and family between weeks 6 and 8, so they need someone that can start running at the beginning of each snap to have a chance at not going 2-14 this year after Rodgers is dead.
The Pack also had Randall Cobb go down today. It's been a brutal training camp for that team so far.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Yeah, I've given up all hope at the 49ers losing in week one with the news about Cobb.

@49ers fans around here: You guys have absolutely no excuse not to manhandle the Packers. If you still win the game and it's even close, I will ridicule you. If you lose, I'd avoid this forum for a few days. :D

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2090bjxp said:
Didn't think about that but it really is as good as reason as any. Not that they had a chance even at full health. Wilth that OL hit and Cobb just forget about it.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3tw9ekm9 said:

This.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2v1k8cfm said:
Yeah, I've given up all hope at the 49ers losing in week one with the news about Cobb.

@49ers fans around here: You guys have absolutely no excuse not to manhandle the Packers. If you still win the game and it's even close, I will ridicule you. If you lose, I'd avoid this forum for a few days. :D

hehe

I'm actually kinda worried about that game. Not for any reason involving talent or scheme (tho I still think Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL). I just know that team has a HUGE target on the 49ers back after being embarassed twice last year.

The Pack will be jacked up and ready for that game and motivated for revenge.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I am keeping an eye on a lot of injuries across the league, mostly for fantasy implications.
Rogers and Cobb both just dropped big time.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1ig2mzdn said:
I am keeping an eye on a lot of injuries across the league, mostly for fantasy implications.
Rogers and Cobb both just dropped big time.

I heard Cobb is OK tho...no biggy.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The one team beyond Arizona and Chicago that doesn't need OL injuries is Green Bay and they lose their Center for the season? That isn't good no matter know it's sliced. Ask Dallas how it is with a bad center, the quarterback gets miiddle push and it messes up the run game.