Rams Preview: Don't Say We Didn't Warn You

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
  • 10 wins????
    did you forget what division you are in? Also the rams are not a good road team just in case you havn't noticed.
    Now the Seahawks? Those are some true road warriors.
    Axx
    NET Veteran

• Axx wrote:10 wins????
    did you forget what division you are in? Also the rams are not a good road team just in case you havn't noticed.
    Now the Seahawks? Those are some true road warriors.

:lol: Seahawks totally dominate on the road, I wish they played 16 road games. :D
    mr.stlouis
    NET Rookie

• mr.stlouis wrote:But I get it, I can't say enough to convince you otherwise. You'll just have to see for yourself, now won't you? Thats a good lad...

Dude, seriously, if I could slap you across the face in a very demeaning fashion, I would do so right now. Stop talking down to everyone like we're a bunch of mouth-breathing idiots that can't contemplate Sam Bradford's greatness.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Mr. STL, I'll humor you. By what metrics (not gut feeling or info out of camp) are you predicting a leap for Bradford?

For example, Roland offered some solid numerical evidence with some analysis about that evidence to get me to move off my low opinion of Andy Dalton in another thread. Give me some metrics that show how Bradford is specifically improving and why we can expect improvement from him in key areas.
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

• The following are service annoncements as to why the Rams will have difficulty throwing against the Seahawks. This does not include Linebackers and or the Defensive line.

Last edited by chris98251 on Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    NET Veteran

• mr.stlouis wrote:"The mission of this report is to prevent people from saying in December that “nobody saw the Rams coming.” Playing in the same division as the Seahawks and the 49ers might make it tough for this rebuilding team to  reach the postseason, but expect the Rams to be, at the very least, a meaningful part of the playoff picture."

Read full article...http://mmqb.si.com/2013/08/03/st-louis- ... xid=si_nfl

Not gonna lie, this article says more than I care to explain. Just dive in, I trust much of it will sound very familiar. :mrgreen:

He just didn't slap a record at the end. Sounds like he's leaning towards 10 wins, I like 11 personally.

I live in Kansas City and live with predictions like this since 2006. Welcome to the wannabe Cinderella club. Now go play the games and win while knowing last year's bs won't fly.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• I can't see the Rams challenging for the top spot in the NFC West until they find an offense. I see the ninnies slipping this year and with the way the Rams handled them last year, I can see them leapfrogging SF if everything goes their way and if Bradford improves. Those are big IFS!
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• I am sooooo glad you warned us.

Thanks and you can go now with the good satisfaction that you warned us. See ya.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Throwdown wrote:Who likes pizza? And what kind do you guy recommend when I get some today with this cute thang I'm going out with today?

Double garlic and anchovy
    poop
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• Wow this guy makes us 9er fans sound reasonable.
    lvnginhwktwn
    NET Veteran

• lvnginhwktwn wrote:Wow this guy makes us 9er fans sound reasonable.

True. I seriously can't believe I am starting to miss you guys. God help me.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• mr.stlouis wrote:He just didn't slap a record at the end. Sounds like he's leaning towards 10 wins, I like 11 personally.

10 wins?

I must have missed the part where the Rams traded for Adrian Peterson.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• mr.stlouis wrote:"The mission of this report is to prevent people from saying in December that “nobody saw the Rams coming.” Playing in the same division as the Seahawks and the 49ers might make it tough for this rebuilding team to  reach the postseason, but expect the Rams to be, at the very least, a meaningful part of the playoff picture."

Read full article...http://mmqb.si.com/2013/08/03/st-louis- ... xid=si_nfl

Not gonna lie, this article says more than I care to explain. Just dive in, I trust much of it will sound very familiar. :mrgreen:

He just didn't slap a record at the end. Sounds like he's leaning towards 10 wins, I like 11 personally.

This is the time of year for glowing reviews of all teams. It's training camp, so everyone's potential is through the roof.

And even during this time, Benoit made sure to highlight the questions surrounding your backfield and most of your secondary. I especially liked the sum-up near the end when he said, "As is common with second-year rebuilding projects, the Rams have a glaring lack of depth in several key areas."

Frankly, I expect the Rams this year to be like the 2011 Seahawks were. They will improve over last season, even if it doesn't show up much in the W-L record, and will discover their identity. St. Louis will really be a postseason challenger in 2014 and beyond (if Bradford shows that he can actually be a true franchise QB), but this season, they'll just be a tough out in the NFCW.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• You know why Peter King is slobbering over the Rams? Because they let him into their war room for the draft. All it takes to earn Pete's undying love is a little attention and (probably) some catered food. The man is a shill, and since he frankly doesn't know anything about football, your team is doubly screwed.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• I find it more likely that Peter King is just trying to appeal to everyone for the launch of his new site for the first month or two, personally.
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:I find it more likely that Peter King is just trying to appeal to everyone for the launch of his new site for the first month or two, personally.

You must not be a regular reader of KSK's Fun with Peter King, then. The new site is only a small cherry on top of PK's [crap] sundae when it comes to fluffing. (It's usually the Red Sox he fluffs the most, in a football column, by the way.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Sarlacc83 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:I find it more likely that Peter King is just trying to appeal to everyone for the launch of his new site for the first month or two, personally.

You must not be a regular reader of KSK's Fun with Peter King, then. The new site is only a small cherry on top of PK's [crap] sundae when it comes to fluffing. (It's usually the Red Sox he fluffs the most, in a football column, by the way.

I'm liking the new MMQB site, has some good info from the other writers. I particularly liked this article:

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/08/05/seattle-s ... eadership/
    Tokadub wrote:I'm telling you guys Bennett is super overrated he's gonna be a piece of dino poo next season and I'm gonna LOL.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

• Sarlacc83 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:I find it more likely that Peter King is just trying to appeal to everyone for the launch of his new site for the first month or two, personally.

You're right, I only read MMQB of his. I have traditionally liked MMQB, though.
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• So did you rams enjoy that preseason beat down? I'm not even talking about just the one the browns gave you up but the ones that you received from Kosar as well.
    Axx
    NET Veteran

• Ouch. It seems your Harvin wannabe didn't show up?
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• I thought those trolls gave up or got shown the door. lol. That one seemed to be high on the Ogletree and the new safety bandwagon though. I hear they didn't impress.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran

• Rams to the playoffs over us? Not gonna happen. If our last preseason game is the rule and not the exception (and I am pretty sure it is), by the time the regular season begins OUR Bradford will already be a better player at his position than your Bradford is at his.

And saying that about a starting QB VS a backup (only because our depth is so great) LB, well, good luck with your chances st.louis...
    ...and with one kiss of his bicep he proved, without a shadow of doubt, that he was every bit as much of a DBag as his coach, and most of his team's fanbase. Finally, he could call himself a Niner!
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Rams finish 4th in the division this year
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• Bernie Kosar was sure impressed with the Rams, wasn't he? :D
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• I am starting to think the Cardinals will finish ahead of the Rams for third in the division. The Cardinals first team offense looked pretty dam good in their preseason game and I think Bruce Arians is a good coach. They could surprise people this year.
    mretrade
    NET Starter

• mretrade wrote:I am starting to think the Cardinals will finish ahead of the Rams for third in the division. The Cardinals first team offense looked pretty dam good in their preseason game and I think Bruce Arians is a good coach. They could surprise people this year.

I agree, with the caveat that preseason can be either meaningful, or a mirage. Palmer throwing to Fitz, Roberts, and Floyd looked really good. I also was surprised to learn Arizona TE Housler led the NFC west in receptions last season, the TD's were lacking from TE for them though, well TD's were lacking in general. I only wonder about their running game at this point but they at least made me notice them a bit more after that game.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

• Listen everyone, ...............................................................................silence from mr.stlouis.

Glad we have been warned, would have never been able to handle the execution of so many sheep.

.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    NET Veteran

• lvnginhwktwn wrote:Wow this guy makes us 9er fans sound reasonable.

I wouldn't go THAT far.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• One word folks -PRESEASON. It means very little. The Rams lost their preseason opener last year 38-3 to the Colts. I am personally not worried at all. I am sure our game was a lot like the Seahawks game in that both offense and defense was very bland and vanilla, with almost no game planning. Hell the Rams 1st string dline played 1 series.

Just remember this, 2 years ago when the Rams went 2-14, the Rams went 4-0 in the preseason and the year the Colts went to the Super Bowl, they went 0-4. Outcomes of preseason mean nothing
    candyman4881
    NET Practice Squad

• candyman4881 wrote:One word folks -PRESEASON. It means very little. The Rams lost their preseason opener last year 38-3 to the Colts. I am personally not worried at all. I am sure our game was a lot like the Seahawks game in that both offense and defense was very bland and vanilla, with almost no game planning. Hell the Rams 1st string dline played 1 series.

Just remember this, 2 years ago when the Rams went 2-14, the Rams went 4-0 in the preseason and the year the Colts went to the Super Bowl, they went 0-4. Outcomes of preseason mean nothing

True about pre season, but this is more of a reply to OP's statement and getting blasted by Bernie now and he has not been back, also the fact that he had been promoting a few players as best in the west types.

chris98251
    NET Veteran

• Like Ogletree Austin and TJ McDonald being immediate world beaters. Maybe he'll wait until the the third preseason game at least next time.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran

• From what I've read the OP has been banned for few days now. Don't blame the moderator as he was obviously trolling.

Rams didn't look very good during preseason game one, but they looked better than they did last year when they lost to the Colts 38-3.
    Thread Killer
    NET Bench Warmer

• Let's be honest, even with all my thoughts on the Rams, they got destroyed by the Browns. Offensively, defensively and special teams. It was the most one sided game I saw in the first week of preseason, (and I've watched all but 2 games).
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

• Shock2k wrote:Let's be honest, even with all my thoughts on the Rams, they got destroyed by the Browns. Offensively, defensively and special teams. It was the most one sided game I saw in the first week of preseason, (and I've watched all but 2 games).

:lol:

This post makes me laugh - you make it seem that since the Rams were beat by the Browns by eight points AT Cleveland in the first PRESEASON game that the Rams will suck this year. As I pointed above, the Rams lost 38-3 to the Colts last year in the first preseason game too - was the season over then too?

Also, you said that this was the most lopsided game you watched, but I guess you missed Arizona shut out Green Bay, Houston win by 14, Miami win by 24, Cincinnati win by 24, Buffalo win by 24, and the Ravens win by 28 as well?
    candyman4881
    NET Practice Squad

• Dude, you left out the Seahawks winning by 21.

That's some old bull that you did that.
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

• candyman4881 wrote:
    Shock2k wrote:Let's be honest, even with all my thoughts on the Rams, they got destroyed by the Browns. Offensively, defensively and special teams. It was the most one sided game I saw in the first week of preseason, (and I've watched all but 2 games).

This post makes me laugh - you make it seem that since the Rams were beat by the Browns by eight points AT Cleveland in the first PRESEASON game that the Rams will suck this year. As I pointed above, the Rams lost 38-3 to the Colts last year in the first preseason game too - was the season over then too?

Also, you said that this was the most lopsided game you watched, but I guess you missed Arizona shut out Green Bay, Houston win by 14, Miami win by 24, Cincinnati win by 24, Buffalo win by 24, and the Ravens win by 28 as well?

I'm not talking about the points, I'm talking about the total lethargic lack of execution in every phase. Hey, I was a believer in the Rams until I saw that horrid display. I will watch all the preseason games, so I'm willing to change my opinion.
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

• Smelly McUgly wrote:Dude, you left out the Seahawks winning by 21.

That's some old bull that you did that.

Yes my mistake - I missed the Seahawks also winning by 21
    candyman4881
    NET Practice Squad

• Shock2k wrote:
    candyman4881 wrote:
    Shock2k wrote:Let's be honest, even with all my thoughts on the Rams, they got destroyed by the Browns. Offensively, defensively and special teams. It was the most one sided game I saw in the first week of preseason, (and I've watched all but 2 games).

I'm not talking about the points, I'm talking about the total lethargic lack of execution in every phase. Hey, I was a believer in the Rams until I saw that horrid display. I will watch all the preseason games, so I'm willing to change my opinion.

We will have to agree to disagree, especially on offense - I thought the first team offense looked good, especially Bradford. The first drive was stalled by an Isaiah Pead fumble at the Browns 30 yard line - the drive started at the Rams 17 I believe. The next series was a 3 and out, so I will give you the benefit there. The last series for the first team O ended in a TD, including a 50+ yard pass to Chris Givens.

Special teams - on the punt return, the field judge missed a blantant holding call (hey its preseason too for the officials) that sprung the punt returner free, but having said that, there is no reason to give up a 80+ yard return. Our kicker Greg Zuerlein connected for two 50+ field goals, so a good positivity there as well.

Defense- The defense was very basic and very vanilla. Missed tackle, no pass rush, and the inability to get off the field on 3rd downs are a concern for the 1st team defense.

Overall though, I disagree that the Rams were "total lethargic lack of execution in every phase". Defense I will agree with you - offense and special teams, not so much
    candyman4881
    NET Practice Squad

• How bad do you have to be to get ripped on by the announcer for the BROWNS? I mean, I understand they know awfulness when they see it, having been subjected to it for years, but still. Rams fans should be very afraid.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• We need to give Kosar a .NET account just to deal with these delusional Rams fans.
    Stephen SeaHawking
    NET Rookie

• Obviously taking preseason game 1 with a grain of salt, but I thought the Rams looked like the worst team in the division...

SF - starts looked good, backups pretty bad
    SEA - starts not so good, but backups looked really good
    ARI - Carson looks lightyears ahead of whoever was QBing for them last year, defense should be stout
    STL - other than a nice long completion to Givens, just not impressed on either side of the ball for their game.
    NinerBuff
    NET Rookie

• I thought it was worth bringing this thread up after yesterday's game..... The OP was leaning towards 11 wins this season and us crazy Seahawk fans were laughing at him. Just curious to what the OP has to say and how much money he put down :D
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• Dude has been banned, probably. Not that he would be posting here at this point, anyway.
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

• So awesome.

RolandDeschain - noted Dorito eater wrote:If you want to come prove your smack talking capabilities in person, stop by Gold's Gym in Kirkland any night around 5-6pm and say hi.
    Dtowers
    * Fat Stoner Nerd *

• Bradford isn't the problem with them. They have no running game, and their "weapons" are all too green to have any impact.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Starter

• 5_Golden_Rings wrote:Bradford isn't the problem with them.

Dude, seriously? Bradford and Brian Schottenheimer make up at least 75% of the entire problem the Rams have, and Bradford's easily half of that.
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:Bradford isn't the problem with them.

Dude, seriously? Bradford and Brian Schottenheimer make up at least 75% of the entire problem the Rams have, and Bradford's easily half of that.

Ironically, the person in that picture kinda looks like Sam Bradford.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• peachesenregalia wrote:Ironically, the person in that picture kinda looks like Sam Bradford.

It IS Sam Bradford. That's his expression every week when he cashes his paycheck. Talk about fleecing your employer.
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• 5_Golden_Rings wrote:Bradford isn't the problem with them. They have no running game, and their "weapons" are all too green to have any impact.

He's a big part of it. Every year its the same thing with him. He needs more weapons, more playmakers. He has some of the fastest guys on his team and pretty decent TE. Wasn't Kendricks supposed to be a star too? Maybe they just don't know how to use Cook and Kendricks
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:32 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information