Rams Preview: Don't Say We Didn't Warn You

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
"The mission of this report is to prevent people from saying in December that “nobody saw the Rams coming.” Playing in the same division as the Seahawks and the 49ers might make it tough for this rebuilding team to  reach the postseason, but expect the Rams to be, at the very least, a meaningful part of the playoff picture."

Read full article...http://mmqb.si.com/2013/08/03/st-louis- ... xid=si_nfl

Not gonna lie, this article says more than I care to explain. Just dive in, I trust much of it will sound very familiar. :mrgreen:

He just didn't slap a record at the end. Sounds like he's leaning towards 10 wins, I like 11 personally.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
nice to see you guys picked out of mediocrity again.

Usually its the Browns, Bills, Cheifs, and the like that are the cinderella pick. Congratulations.

Throwdown

Reaction score
How many times have we seen the Rams "poised for big things"?

You're not making the playoffs over Seattle and San Fran, little man.

OP
OP
M

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
Well go on... read it! All you're doing is judging the title and complaining a lot.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I did read it. There are a lot of valid points. One remaining point that is a problem, however, is that your quarterback is perennial underachiever Sam Bradford.

OP
OP
M

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2c1k0voy said:
mr.stlouis":2c1k0voy said:
Well go on... read it! All you're doing is judging the title and complaining a lot.

But the Rams are BO-RING, HUEY.

I think the Jags are more interesting to talk about, to be honest.

Haha whatever... :D

shiva1008

Reaction score
The capacity for humans to delude themselves knows no limits...

OP
OP
M

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":30ce4f96 said:
I did read it. There are a lot of valid points. One remaining point that is a problem, however, is that your quarterback is perennial underachiever Sam Bradford.

*GASP*... Oh no he didnt... :shock:

:lol: He was an underachiever in 2011, but not 2010 or last year. He's coming around. But I get it, I can't say enough to convince you otherwise. You'll just have to see for yourself, now won't you? Thats a good lad...

Throwdown

Reaction score
Who likes pizza? And what kind do you guy recommend when I get some today with this cute thang I'm going out with today?

The Radish

Reaction score
The mission of this report is to prevent people from saying in December that “nobody saw the Rams coming.”

Funny, I don't ever remember having this thought. It seems more like a fig leaf of someone's imagination.

:les:

OP
OP
M

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
The Radish":1loyiqbo said:
The mission of this report is to prevent people from saying in December that “nobody saw the Rams coming.”

Funny, I don't ever remember having this thought. It seems more like a fig leaf of someone's imagination.

:les:

There are PLENTY on here that beleive this Division belongs to Seahawks/Niners, which counts out the Rams. This article presents plenty of reasons why we are a contender and a threat to our rivals. This division is wide open between the Hawks, Niners, and Rams whether you want to admit it or not.

And yes, I am counting out ARZ. Sorry, their OL is terrible.

You coulda been one of the more realistic guys, though. I'm not pointing fingers.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Better question: Is it more likely that the Rams or Cardinals reach eight wins?

I think the Rams have a better chance of doing this, but not by that much. The Cards have a sneakily adequate O-Line and maybe with Fitz getting the ball from someone competent, he busts out again.

My only thing about the Cards is that their secondary is really not very good behind Peterson, and honestly I'm still not totally sold on Peterson yet either. They had a lot of turnover at safety and I believe their #2 and #3 corners are new this year too.

On the flip side, the Rams have less proven talent at WR and a less proven QB. It also remains to be seen if Pead/Richardson will be able to emulate the threat that Steven Jackson was. I don't know, it's probably closer than we think.