Rams Preview: Don't Say We Didn't Warn You

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Rams Preview: Don't Say We Didn't Warn You
Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:05 am
  • "The mission of this report is to prevent people from saying in December that “nobody saw the Rams coming.” Playing in the same division as the Seahawks and the 49ers might make it tough for this rebuilding team to  reach the postseason, but expect the Rams to be, at the very least, a meaningful part of the playoff picture."

Read full article...http://mmqb.si.com/2013/08/03/st-louis- ... xid=si_nfl

Not gonna lie, this article says more than I care to explain. Just dive in, I trust much of it will sound very familiar. :mrgreen:

He just didn't slap a record at the end. Sounds like he's leaning towards 10 wins, I like 11 personally.
    mr.stlouis
    NET Rookie

• nice to see you guys picked out of mediocrity again.

Usually its the Browns, Bills, Cheifs, and the like that are the cinderella pick. Congratulations.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran

• How many times have we seen the Rams "poised for big things"?

You're not making the playoffs over Seattle and San Fran, little man.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Hey look everyone! Another post about the Rams!

Gee, we sure needed to see this article! No one ever posts about the Rams!
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

• For the love of God give up with this. Like an 8 page long thread wasn't enough.....
    jhawk91
    NET Veteran

• I miss our 49er friends :(
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Throwdown wrote:I miss our 49er friends :(

Pehawk, this is the real guy you need to accuse of cozying up to the enemies.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Oh puhleeeze, you love these punk ass rams fans
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Yeah. Clearly.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Well go on... read it! All you're doing is judging the title and complaining a lot.
    mr.stlouis
    NET Rookie

• mr.stlouis wrote:Well go on... read it! All you're doing is judging the title and complaining a lot.

But the Rams are BO-RING, HUEY.

I think the Jags are more interesting to talk about, to be honest.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

• I did read it. There are a lot of valid points. One remaining point that is a problem, however, is that your quarterback is perennial underachiever Sam Bradford.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Smelly McUgly wrote:
    mr.stlouis wrote:Well go on... read it! All you're doing is judging the title and complaining a lot.

But the Rams are BO-RING, HUEY.

I think the Jags are more interesting to talk about, to be honest.

Haha whatever... :D
    mr.stlouis
    NET Rookie

• The capacity for humans to delude themselves knows no limits...
    shiva1008
    NET Practice Squad

• RolandDeschain wrote:I did read it. There are a lot of valid points. One remaining point that is a problem, however, is that your quarterback is perennial underachiever Sam Bradford.

*GASP*... Oh no he didnt... :shock:

:lol: He was an underachiever in 2011, but not 2010 or last year. He's coming around. But I get it, I can't say enough to convince you otherwise. You'll just have to see for yourself, now won't you? Thats a good lad...
    mr.stlouis
    NET Rookie

• Who likes pizza? And what kind do you guy recommend when I get some today with this cute thang I'm going out with today?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• The mission of this report is to prevent people from saying in December that “nobody saw the Rams coming.”

Funny, I don't ever remember having this thought. It seems more like a fig leaf of someone's imagination.

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• The Radish wrote:The mission of this report is to prevent people from saying in December that “nobody saw the Rams coming.”

Funny, I don't ever remember having this thought. It seems more like a fig leaf of someone's imagination.

:les:

There are PLENTY on here that beleive this Division belongs to Seahawks/Niners, which counts out the Rams. This article presents plenty of reasons why we are a contender and a threat to our rivals. This division is wide open between the Hawks, Niners, and Rams whether you want to admit it or not.

And yes, I am counting out ARZ. Sorry, their OL is terrible.

You coulda been one of the more realistic guys, though. I'm not pointing fingers.
    Last edited by mr.stlouis on Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
    mr.stlouis
    NET Rookie

• Meh, Detroit west to be honest..
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

• Better question: Is it more likely that the Rams or Cardinals reach eight wins?

I think the Rams have a better chance of doing this, but not by that much. The Cards have a sneakily adequate O-Line and maybe with Fitz getting the ball from someone competent, he busts out again.

My only thing about the Cards is that their secondary is really not very good behind Peterson, and honestly I'm still not totally sold on Peterson yet either. They had a lot of turnover at safety and I believe their #2 and #3 corners are new this year too.

On the flip side, the Rams have less proven talent at WR and a less proven QB. It also remains to be seen if Pead/Richardson will be able to emulate the threat that Steven Jackson was. I don't know, it's probably closer than we think.

Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

• 10 wins????
    did you forget what division you are in? Also the rams are not a good road team just in case you havn't noticed.
    Now the Seahawks? Those are some true road warriors.
    Axx
    NET Veteran

• Axx wrote:10 wins????
    did you forget what division you are in? Also the rams are not a good road team just in case you havn't noticed.
    Now the Seahawks? Those are some true road warriors.

:lol: Seahawks totally dominate on the road, I wish they played 16 road games. :D
    mr.stlouis
    NET Rookie

• mr.stlouis wrote:But I get it, I can't say enough to convince you otherwise. You'll just have to see for yourself, now won't you? Thats a good lad...

Dude, seriously, if I could slap you across the face in a very demeaning fashion, I would do so right now. Stop talking down to everyone like we're a bunch of mouth-breathing idiots that can't contemplate Sam Bradford's greatness.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Mr. STL, I'll humor you. By what metrics (not gut feeling or info out of camp) are you predicting a leap for Bradford?

For example, Roland offered some solid numerical evidence with some analysis about that evidence to get me to move off my low opinion of Andy Dalton in another thread. Give me some metrics that show how Bradford is specifically improving and why we can expect improvement from him in key areas.

Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

• The following are service annoncements as to why the Rams will have difficulty throwing against the Seahawks. This does not include Linebackers and or the Defensive line.

Last edited by chris98251 on Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• mr.stlouis wrote:"The mission of this report is to prevent people from saying in December that “nobody saw the Rams coming.” Playing in the same division as the Seahawks and the 49ers might make it tough for this rebuilding team to  reach the postseason, but expect the Rams to be, at the very least, a meaningful part of the playoff picture."

Not gonna lie, this article says more than I care to explain. Just dive in, I trust much of it will sound very familiar. :mrgreen:

He just didn't slap a record at the end. Sounds like he's leaning towards 10 wins, I like 11 personally.

I live in Kansas City and live with predictions like this since 2006. Welcome to the wannabe Cinderella club. Now go play the games and win while knowing last year's bs won't fly.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• I can't see the Rams challenging for the top spot in the NFC West until they find an offense. I see the ninnies slipping this year and with the way the Rams handled them last year, I can see them leapfrogging SF if everything goes their way and if Bradford improves. Those are big IFS!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• I am sooooo glad you warned us.

Thanks and you can go now with the good satisfaction that you warned us. See ya.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Throwdown wrote:Who likes pizza? And what kind do you guy recommend when I get some today with this cute thang I'm going out with today?

Double garlic and anchovy
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• Wow this guy makes us 9er fans sound reasonable.
    Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono
    lvnginhwktwn
    NET Veteran

• lvnginhwktwn wrote:Wow this guy makes us 9er fans sound reasonable.

True. I seriously can't believe I am starting to miss you guys. God help me.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• mr.stlouis wrote:He just didn't slap a record at the end. Sounds like he's leaning towards 10 wins, I like 11 personally.

10 wins?

I must have missed the part where the Rams traded for Adrian Peterson.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• mr.stlouis wrote:"The mission of this report is to prevent people from saying in December that “nobody saw the Rams coming.” Playing in the same division as the Seahawks and the 49ers might make it tough for this rebuilding team to  reach the postseason, but expect the Rams to be, at the very least, a meaningful part of the playoff picture."

This is the time of year for glowing reviews of all teams. It's training camp, so everyone's potential is through the roof.

And even during this time, Benoit made sure to highlight the questions surrounding your backfield and most of your secondary. I especially liked the sum-up near the end when he said, "As is common with second-year rebuilding projects, the Rams have a glaring lack of depth in several key areas."

Frankly, I expect the Rams this year to be like the 2011 Seahawks were. They will improve over last season, even if it doesn't show up much in the W-L record, and will discover their identity. St. Louis will really be a postseason challenger in 2014 and beyond (if Bradford shows that he can actually be a true franchise QB), but this season, they'll just be a tough out in the NFCW.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• You know why Peter King is slobbering over the Rams? Because they let him into their war room for the draft. All it takes to earn Pete's undying love is a little attention and (probably) some catered food. The man is a shill, and since he frankly doesn't know anything about football, your team is doubly screwed.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• I find it more likely that Peter King is just trying to appeal to everyone for the launch of his new site for the first month or two, personally.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:I find it more likely that Peter King is just trying to appeal to everyone for the launch of his new site for the first month or two, personally.

You must not be a regular reader of KSK's Fun with Peter King, then. The new site is only a small cherry on top of PK's [crap] sundae when it comes to fluffing. (It's usually the Red Sox he fluffs the most, in a football column, by the way.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Sarlacc83 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:I find it more likely that Peter King is just trying to appeal to everyone for the launch of his new site for the first month or two, personally.

You must not be a regular reader of KSK's Fun with Peter King, then. The new site is only a small cherry on top of PK's [crap] sundae when it comes to fluffing. (It's usually the Red Sox he fluffs the most, in a football column, by the way.

I'm liking the new MMQB site, has some good info from the other writers. I particularly liked this article:

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/08/05/seattle-s ... eadership/
    Zebulon Dak wrote:If any Twitter employees get assassinated I'll vote Republican from here on out.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

• Sarlacc83 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:I find it more likely that Peter King is just trying to appeal to everyone for the launch of his new site for the first month or two, personally.

You're right, I only read MMQB of his. I have traditionally liked MMQB, though.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• So did you rams enjoy that preseason beat down? I'm not even talking about just the one the browns gave you up but the ones that you received from Kosar as well.
    Axx
    NET Veteran

• Ouch. It seems your Harvin wannabe didn't show up?
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• I thought those trolls gave up or got shown the door. lol. That one seemed to be high on the Ogletree and the new safety bandwagon though. I hear they didn't impress.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran

• Rams to the playoffs over us? Not gonna happen. If our last preseason game is the rule and not the exception (and I am pretty sure it is), by the time the regular season begins OUR Bradford will already be a better player at his position than your Bradford is at his.

And saying that about a starting QB VS a backup (only because our depth is so great) LB, well, good luck with your chances st.louis...

.....................................................................................-Webzone Niner fan GhostOfJimmyDean
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Rams finish 4th in the division this year
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• Bernie Kosar was sure impressed with the Rams, wasn't he? :D
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• I am starting to think the Cardinals will finish ahead of the Rams for third in the division. The Cardinals first team offense looked pretty dam good in their preseason game and I think Bruce Arians is a good coach. They could surprise people this year.
    mretrade
    NET Starter

• mretrade wrote:I am starting to think the Cardinals will finish ahead of the Rams for third in the division. The Cardinals first team offense looked pretty dam good in their preseason game and I think Bruce Arians is a good coach. They could surprise people this year.

I agree, with the caveat that preseason can be either meaningful, or a mirage. Palmer throwing to Fitz, Roberts, and Floyd looked really good. I also was surprised to learn Arizona TE Housler led the NFC west in receptions last season, the TD's were lacking from TE for them though, well TD's were lacking in general. I only wonder about their running game at this point but they at least made me notice them a bit more after that game.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

• Listen everyone, ...............................................................................silence from mr.stlouis.

Glad we have been warned, would have never been able to handle the execution of so many sheep.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• lvnginhwktwn wrote:Wow this guy makes us 9er fans sound reasonable.

I wouldn't go THAT far.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• One word folks -PRESEASON. It means very little. The Rams lost their preseason opener last year 38-3 to the Colts. I am personally not worried at all. I am sure our game was a lot like the Seahawks game in that both offense and defense was very bland and vanilla, with almost no game planning. Hell the Rams 1st string dline played 1 series.

Just remember this, 2 years ago when the Rams went 2-14, the Rams went 4-0 in the preseason and the year the Colts went to the Super Bowl, they went 0-4. Outcomes of preseason mean nothing
    candyman4881
    NET Practice Squad

Next

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:37 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information