Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:38 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:47 pm
Posts: 1659
Does anyone else not get this? I'm hearing a lot of people saying that SF is the clear choice to win the NFC West this year because they won it last year...and supposedly until somebody can de-throne them, they are going to be considered the best.

Now, call me stupid, but I always thought that what happened last year... is simply that. Often times, things are different than what happens the next year. And also, why are these same people not picking the Ravens to win the Super Bowl again? I mean...until somebody can de-throne the Ravens...they have to be the obvious choice...right? Haha.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:51 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:18 pm
Posts: 1443
The people that think the niners will win just because they won last year are front runners. They will always wait til AFTER something happens then they'll be ALL OVER IT, or they're niner fans. Having gone deep into the playoffs twice in a row just means that they are even MORE ALL OVER IT.

The Ravens were "just" a wild card team, so it's easier to turn away from them.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:30 am 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:30 pm
Posts: 323
fenderbender123 wrote:
Now, call me stupid, but I always thought that what happened last year... is simply that. Often times, things are different than what happens the next year.


You may have a point if "42-13" wasnt thrown around everyday here as justification why Seattle > SF.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:17 pm 
* NET Radish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
Posts: 18016
Location: Spokane, Wa.
Don't care who it is. For example the Super Bowl Champions of last year.

They are the champs right now and will be until someone beats them in this years playoffs.

Same with the ninnirs. They won the division last year so are the division champs until someone knocks them off that spot AT THE END OF THIS UPCOMING SEASON!

Remember we could beat them twice and they still could be division champs. The 42-13 game hasn't a damned thing to do with anything other than that game.


I'll give you this much. The ninnirs are division champs because the Seahawks didn't take care of business in a couple of games they could have won but let get away. And that will happen again this year if our guys don't take care of business every week.

But the same thing could be said for them. They are the current champs. If we win more games than them within the division and more games overall this season then WE will be the division champs until the end of the following season.



:roll:

_________________
Image
The SuperB owl ladys have left the building with our thanks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:00 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:03 am
Posts: 248
fenderbender123 wrote:
Does anyone else not get this? I'm hearing a lot of people saying that SF is the clear choice to win the NFC West this year because they won it last year...and supposedly until somebody can de-throne them, they are going to be considered the best.

Now, call me stupid, but I always thought that what happened last year... is simply that. Often times, things are different than what happens the next year. And also, why are these same people not picking the Ravens to win the Super Bowl again? I mean...until somebody can de-throne the Ravens...they have to be the obvious choice...right? Haha.

Football is a game of matchups, not so much a game of stats. Stats are important to figure out what happened, but that's pretty much what stats are - past performance. Most important stat is who won in the superbowl, but again that's past performance. A combination of looking at the matchups and the stats is probably the best way to predict a game or a season, and anybody who soley relies on past performance stats will always be stuck in the past. Usually the team that wins the superbowl is usually more lucky than good, but good enough to get into the playoffs in the first place.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:37 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am
Posts: 9839
heyu123 wrote:
You may have a point if "42-13" wasnt thrown around everyday here as justification why Seattle > SF.


It's hard to look at 42-13 and not think "oh shit" if you are a 49ers fan though. Granted, the real score of that game probably would have been 31-6 if you take away the bogus TD at the end and Seattle's unsustainable 3rd down conversion rate. Either way, if you watched the game, the dominance was reflected in the score. It was a breakthrough moment in the division.

Seattle won the division in 2010 but got reamed by the 49ers in December, 40-21. Those teams split the season series, but I think that December blowout sent a signal that the 49ers were on the rise. The next season, the 49ers went 13-3 and basically had the division won by mid-season. A lot of the signs of that 13-3 season were on display in that 40-21 ass kicking that, at the time, seemed to come completely out of nowhere.

The Seahawks showed that they were on another level in that 42-13 game. The only reason I could see the 49ers winning the division is because of the 14 other games. Seattle seems to have had an awful lot of trouble putting away mediocre teams on the road at 10am, a problem Jim Harbaugh hasn't had in SF.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:42 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:30 pm
Posts: 323
kearly wrote:
heyu123 wrote:
You may have a point if "42-13" wasnt thrown around everyday here as justification why Seattle > SF.


It's hard to look at 42-13 and not think "oh shit" if you are a 49ers fan though. Granted, the real score of that game probably would have been 31-6 if you take away the bogus TD at the end and Seattle's unsustainable 3rd down conversion rate. Either way, if you watched the game, the dominance was reflected in the score. It was a breakthrough moment in the division.

Seattle won the division in 2010 but got reamed by the 49ers in December, 40-21. Those teams split the season series, but I think that December blowout sent a signal that the 49ers were on the rise. The next season, the 49ers went 13-3 and basically had the division won by mid-season. A lot of the signs of that 13-3 season were on display in that 40-21 ass kicking that, at the time, seemed to come completely out of nowhere.

The Seahawks showed that they were on another level in that 42-13 game. The only reason I could see the 49ers winning the division is because of the 14 other games. Seattle seems to have had an awful lot of trouble putting away mediocre teams on the road at 10am, a problem Jim Harbaugh hasn't had in SF.


Yes in that game it was a dominant performance. However it was still only a one game sample size. Any team in the NFL is capable of a down week. That's not to minimize what Seattle did or make an excuse, but I would caution anyone who reads too much into that singular moment.

Seattle at the end of last year may very well have been better than the niners. And they very well may be in 2014 as well. But that game doesn't prove anything. You have to examine and look at much more, including games vs other teams as you note in your post.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:58 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10060
heyu123 wrote:
kearly wrote:
heyu123 wrote:
You may have a point if "42-13" wasnt thrown around everyday here as justification why Seattle > SF.


It's hard to look at 42-13 and not think "oh shit" if you are a 49ers fan though. Granted, the real score of that game probably would have been 31-6 if you take away the bogus TD at the end and Seattle's unsustainable 3rd down conversion rate. Either way, if you watched the game, the dominance was reflected in the score. It was a breakthrough moment in the division.

Seattle won the division in 2010 but got reamed by the 49ers in December, 40-21. Those teams split the season series, but I think that December blowout sent a signal that the 49ers were on the rise. The next season, the 49ers went 13-3 and basically had the division won by mid-season. A lot of the signs of that 13-3 season were on display in that 40-21 ass kicking that, at the time, seemed to come completely out of nowhere.

The Seahawks showed that they were on another level in that 42-13 game. The only reason I could see the 49ers winning the division is because of the 14 other games. Seattle seems to have had an awful lot of trouble putting away mediocre teams on the road at 10am, a problem Jim Harbaugh hasn't had in SF.


Yes in that game it was a dominant performance. However it was still only a one game sample size. Any team in the NFL is capable of a down week. That's not to minimize what Seattle did or make an excuse, but I would caution anyone who reads too much into that singular moment.

Seattle at the end of last year may very well have been better than the niners. And they very well may be in 2014 as well. But that game doesn't prove anything. You have to examine and look at much more, including games vs other teams as you note in your post.

Many Niner fans think Seahawk fans hold onto that game because it was our SB, because we haven't won anything, etc. We treasure that game for a ton of reasons that are not that one. It was when Pete got the Harby monkey off his back. It was after that game that Seattle essentially kicked the NFL door in and announced their presence. (seriously, it was after that game that Seattle started to get really noticed by national media. The ass kickings handed out to the Cardinals and Bills were quite properly dismissed in NFL circles, those coaches were dead men walking. Not San Fran.) It was that game Where Russell Wilson began to be taken seriously. During that game our defense passed San Fran's as most stingy in the league, a title that would not be relinqushed. A regualr season game may not mean everthing, but it can signal a moment when change occurs.

Niner fans mock us for holding onto that game. I understand why. A regular season game is not a championship, and we have acted the ass over a regular season game. But here in Seattle, that game has come to symbolize, right or wrong, the moment when the Hawks became a team to be feared by all and maybe even a passing of the guard in the NFC West. The hottest ticket in the NFL this year is the Niners at the Hawks. It has been declared the must see game/brawl of the year. ESPN does not run a story about Wilson or Kaepernick without including a story about the other right afterward. Our rivalry has replaced the Steelers/Ravens for now as the hottest in the NFL. It has more storylines than any other. 42-13 is dumb, but it does mean one thing that is true: The entire Niner organization, and the fans, have to take Seattle seriously.

We may hate that this has become so stupid that 5 rings is answered with 42-13, but the simple fact is that the feeling of rivalry is good for business, so the NFL and both teams stir it up. I go a couple of Niner sites for news, and they don't report every transaction of the Cards and Rams, but they report a hangnail if a Seattle player gets one. The same goes for our sites with Niner players. I for one think this is beautiful, sports hate, as long as it is kept in it's proper place, is damn good fun.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:21 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:22 pm
Posts: 219
Scottemojo wrote:
Many Niner fans think Seahawk fans hold onto that game because it was our SB, because we haven't won anything, etc. We treasure that game for a ton of reasons that are not that one. It was when Pete got the Harby monkey off his back. It was after that game that Seattle essentially kicked the NFL door in and announced their presence. (seriously, it was after that game that Seattle started to get really noticed by national media. The ass kickings handed out to the Cardinals and Bills were quite properly dismissed in NFL circles, those coaches were dead men walking. Not San Fran.) It was that game Where Russell Wilson began to be taken seriously. During that game our defense passed San Fran's as most stingy in the league, a title that would not be relinqushed. A regualr season game may not mean everthing, but it can signal a moment when change occurs.

Niner fans mock us for holding onto that game. I understand why. A regular season game is not a championship, and we have acted the ass over a regular season game. But here in Seattle, that game has come to symbolize, right or wrong, the moment when the Hawks became a team to be feared by all and maybe even a passing of the guard in the NFC West. The hottest ticket in the NFL this year is the Niners at the Hawks. It has been declared the must see game/brawl of the year. ESPN does not run a story about Wilson or Kaepernick without including a story about the other right afterward. Our rivalry has replaced the Steelers/Ravens for now as the hottest in the NFL. It has more storylines than any other. 42-13 is dumb, but it does mean one thing that is true: The entire Niner organization, and the fans, have to take Seattle seriously.

We may hate that this has become so stupid that 5 rings is answered with 42-13, but the simple fact is that the feeling of rivalry is good for business, so the NFL and both teams stir it up. I go a couple of Niner sites for news, and they don't report every transaction of the Cards and Rams, but they report a hangnail if a Seattle player gets one. The same goes for our sites with Niner players. I for one think this is beautiful, sports hate, as long as it is kept in it's proper place, is damn good fun.

Now this I can respect. The ones screaming 42-13 at the top of their lungs while plugging their ears are just acting childish. This response has substance.

_________________
JSeahawks wrote:
We might as well rename this site Seahawks&49ers.net.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:33 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:47 pm
Posts: 1659
The Radish wrote:
Don't care who it is. For example the Super Bowl Champions of last year.

They are the champs right now and will be until someone beats them in this years playoffs.

Same with the ninnirs. They won the division last year so are the division champs until someone knocks them off that spot AT THE END OF THIS UPCOMING SEASON!

Remember we could beat them twice and they still could be division champs. The 42-13 game hasn't a damned thing to do with anything other than that game.


I'll give you this much. The ninnirs are division champs because the Seahawks didn't take care of business in a couple of games they could have won but let get away. And that will happen again this year if our guys don't take care of business every week.

But the same thing could be said for them. They are the current champs. If we win more games than them within the division and more games overall this season then WE will be the division champs until the end of the following season.



:roll:


I understand that point of view...that they are the "defending champions" and it makes sense if you're trying to determine who the king is. My issue is when people use that as the sole reason why SF is the clear choice when predicting this year's NFC winner.

If you wanna go into detail about how CK is gonna be better, how great the o-line is, strength of schedule, etc then that's great...but i've seen too many people not mention a word about that and jump right to the fact that SF won it last year therefore they are the clear favorites this year...to me it doesn't work like that due to so many other variables.

But ultimately, i'm just complaining about the sports media and I should know by now how many idiots are out there.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:34 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
Posts: 8836
Location: Granite Falls, WA
Word... Scottemojo has been monitoring this situation very closely.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:55 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:00 am
Posts: 154
fenderbender123 wrote:
Does anyone else not get this? I'm hearing a lot of people saying that SF is the clear choice to win the NFC West this year because they won it last year...and supposedly until somebody can de-throne them, they are going to be considered the best.

Now, call me stupid, but I always thought that what happened last year... is simply that. Often times, things are different than what happens the next year. And also, why are these same people not picking the Ravens to win the Super Bowl again? I mean...until somebody can de-throne the Ravens...they have to be the obvious choice...right? Haha.


Right. In others words they just like talking about the Niners, who are regressing with every injury. Whatever.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:39 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:11 pm
Posts: 128
Location: Seattle
Scottemojo wrote:
Many Niner fans think Seahawk fans hold onto that game because it was our SB, because we haven't won anything, etc. We treasure that game for a ton of reasons that are not that one. It was when Pete got the Harby monkey off his back. It was after that game that Seattle essentially kicked the NFL door in and announced their presence. (seriously, it was after that game that Seattle started to get really noticed by national media. The ass kickings handed out to the Cardinals and Bills were quite properly dismissed in NFL circles, those coaches were dead men walking. Not San Fran.) It was that game Where Russell Wilson began to be taken seriously. During that game our defense passed San Fran's as most stingy in the league, a title that would not be relinqushed. A regualr season game may not mean everthing, but it can signal a moment when change occurs.

Niner fans mock us for holding onto that game. I understand why. A regular season game is not a championship, and we have acted the ass over a regular season game. But here in Seattle, that game has come to symbolize, right or wrong, the moment when the Hawks became a team to be feared by all and maybe even a passing of the guard in the NFC West. The hottest ticket in the NFL this year is the Niners at the Hawks. It has been declared the must see game/brawl of the year. ESPN does not run a story about Wilson or Kaepernick without including a story about the other right afterward. Our rivalry has replaced the Steelers/Ravens for now as the hottest in the NFL. It has more storylines than any other. 42-13 is dumb, but it does mean one thing that is true: The entire Niner organization, and the fans, have to take Seattle seriously.

We may hate that this has become so stupid that 5 rings is answered with 42-13, but the simple fact is that the feeling of rivalry is good for business, so the NFL and both teams stir it up. I go a couple of Niner sites for news, and they don't report every transaction of the Cards and Rams, but they report a hangnail if a Seattle player gets one. The same goes for our sites with Niner players. I for one think this is beautiful, sports hate, as long as it is kept in it's proper place, is damn good fun.


Image

_________________
"We're the 49ers, we can do whatever we want" - The Great Jim Harbaugh -


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:41 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22870
Location: Kirkland, WA
The most points the Seahawks gave up in any game in the 2012 regular season = 28. The 49ers gave up 42. (Also 34 to the Patriots, and almost all of that was in one half, lol.) It remains to be seen which offense will be more potent in 2013, but right now you have to give the defensive edge to Seattle. (Special teams, too.)

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:03 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:03 am
Posts: 248
mr.stlouis wrote:
fenderbender123 wrote:
Does anyone else not get this? I'm hearing a lot of people saying that SF is the clear choice to win the NFC West this year because they won it last year...and supposedly until somebody can de-throne them, they are going to be considered the best.

Now, call me stupid, but I always thought that what happened last year... is simply that. Often times, things are different than what happens the next year. And also, why are these same people not picking the Ravens to win the Super Bowl again? I mean...until somebody can de-throne the Ravens...they have to be the obvious choice...right? Haha.


Right. In others words they just like talking about the Niners, who are regressing with every injury. Whatever.

I wouldn't be so quick to say that. The 49ers lost Alex mid season via injury and still got into big dance with a much more powerful QB. They lost two starters in WR Kyle Willams to injury and also Mario Manningham in the 2nd half of during the regular season, and they still outperformed what they did in the first half. Personally I dont think Sam Bradford is in the class of either Wislon or Kaepernick, and in a QB driven league that's not very good.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:28 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:03 am
Posts: 248
Scottemojo wrote:
heyu123 wrote:
kearly wrote:

Yes in that game it was a dominant performance. However it was still only a one game sample size. Any team in the NFL is capable of a down week. That's not to minimize what Seattle did or make an excuse, but I would caution anyone who reads too much into that singular moment.

Seattle at the end of last year may very well have been better than the niners. And they very well may be in 2014 as well. But that game doesn't prove anything. You have to examine and look at much more, including games vs other teams as you note in your post.

Many Niner fans think Seahawk fans hold onto that game because it was our SB, because we haven't won anything, etc. We treasure that game for a ton of reasons that are not that one. It was when Pete got the Harby monkey off his back. It was after that game that Seattle essentially kicked the NFL door in and announced their presence. (seriously, it was after that game that Seattle started to get really noticed by national media. The ass kickings handed out to the Cardinals and Bills were quite properly dismissed in NFL circles, those coaches were dead men walking. Not San Fran.) It was that game Where Russell Wilson began to be taken seriously. During that game our defense passed San Fran's as most stingy in the league, a title that would not be relinqushed. A regualr season game may not mean everthing, but it can signal a moment when change occurs.

Niner fans mock us for holding onto that game. I understand why. A regular season game is not a championship, and we have acted the ass over a regular season game. But here in Seattle, that game has come to symbolize, right or wrong, the moment when the Hawks became a team to be feared by all and maybe even a passing of the guard in the NFC West. The hottest ticket in the NFL this year is the Niners at the Hawks. It has been declared the must see game/brawl of the year. ESPN does not run a story about Wilson or Kaepernick without including a story about the other right afterward. Our rivalry has replaced the Steelers/Ravens for now as the hottest in the NFL. It has more storylines than any other. 42-13 is dumb, but it does mean one thing that is true: The entire Niner organization, and the fans, have to take Seattle seriously.

We may hate that this has become so stupid that 5 rings is answered with 42-13, but the simple fact is that the feeling of rivalry is good for business, so the NFL and both teams stir it up. I go a couple of Niner sites for news, and they don't report every transaction of the Cards and Rams, but they report a hangnail if a Seattle player gets one. The same goes for our sites with Niner players. I for one think this is beautiful, sports hate, as long as it is kept in it's proper place, is damn good fun.


49ers were beaten by some good teams in 2012. Vikings and Ravens come to mind. The fact that it took 16 games until the Seattle fans got a breakghrough game is interesting (when looking at it from a seattle sperspective) I thought one of the reasons that it's a milstone game for seattle is that it was the game I think where you solidified your playoff chances. From a national media point of view, I think the fact that Seattle made the playoffs and into the 2nd round is the better reason to think they are a playoff caliber team. The fact that you beat the 49ers in that 16th game catapults the 'Hawks into the realm of a Superbowl caliber team from a national media perspective. No doubt your team is an excellent team, and I look forward to the 2nd week to see how each team measures up. But that single sample size game in week 16 doesnt really prove to me that the 'Hawks are a superbowl caliber team.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:25 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9865
fenderbender123 wrote:
Does anyone else not get this? I'm hearing a lot of people saying that SF is the clear choice to win the NFC West this year because they won it last year...and supposedly until somebody can de-throne them, they are going to be considered the best.

Now, call me stupid, but I always thought that what happened last year... is simply that. Often times, things are different than what happens the next year. And also, why are these same people not picking the Ravens to win the Super Bowl again? I mean...until somebody can de-throne the Ravens...they have to be the obvious choice...right? Haha.

My response to that is 42-13! (Sorry iRo) 8)

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:31 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22870
Location: Kirkland, WA
Sports Hernia wrote:
My response to that is 42-13! (Sorry iRo) 8)

Don't apologize to me, you're the one looking less than brilliant by saying it.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:50 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9865
Don't ever change iRo! ;)

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:19 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
Posts: 5523
Location: Kansas City, MO
The Radish wrote:
Don't care who it is. For example the Super Bowl Champions of last year.

They are the champs right now and will be until someone beats them in this years playoffs.

Same with the ninnirs. They won the division last year so are the division champs until someone knocks them off that spot AT THE END OF THIS UPCOMING SEASON!

Remember we could beat them twice and they still could be division champs. The 42-13 game hasn't a damned thing to do with anything other than that game.


I'll give you this much. The ninnirs are division champs because the Seahawks didn't take care of business in a couple of games they could have won but let get away. And that will happen again this year if our guys don't take care of business every week.

But the same thing could be said for them. They are the current champs. If we win more games than them within the division and more games overall this season then WE will be the division champs until the end of the following season.



:roll:
Stop trying to use that "old man" logic on me it's no fun and wrong most the time anyway.:)

_________________
43-8...it's all about that action boss....
next man up.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:22 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22870
Location: Kirkland, WA
KCHawkGirl wrote:
Stop trying to use that "old man" logic on me it's no fun and wrong most the time anyway.:)


Aww, give the old guy a break. Do you know how many fingers you have to count to reach his age? 103. He does pretty well for being a centenarian. :D

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:33 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
Posts: 5523
Location: Kansas City, MO
Now, that's just MEAN. Les told me he's 65 going on 16.:)

_________________
43-8...it's all about that action boss....
next man up.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:58 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:37 am
Posts: 3189
Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas
My rose colored crystal ball has a few cloudy spots, but I see the 9ers finishing 3rd in the division. Right between the Rams and Cards.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:39 am 
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:40 am
Posts: 373
Location: Tacoma, WA
I don't see the Niners finishing worse than 2nd, they are too good, too well coached and too deep to be overtaken by the Rams or Cards

They can most definitely lose the division to the Seahawks if they aren't careful (Which I see happening)

1. Seahawks 13-3
2. 49ers 12-4
3. Rams 9-7
4.Cardinals 6-10


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:12 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:11 am
Posts: 892
Location: Camano Island, WA
I also project the Seahawks will have a 13- 3 season with their only regular season potential losses @ Texas, @ St Louis, and @ Giants. I believe those losses will be close in scoring and maybe could go either way.

I think the superb owl....... LOSERS......., the Fartywhiners to go MAYBE 10-6
...and the Lambs go MAYBE 11-5. (if they're lucky)

_________________
<--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--> GO SEAHAWKS <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><-->


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:53 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:36 pm
Posts: 55
CamanoIslandJQ wrote:
I also project the Seahawks will have a 13- 3 season with their only regular season potential losses @ Texas, @ St Louis, and @ Giants. I believe those losses will be close in scoring and maybe could go either way.

I think the superb owl....... LOSERS......., the Fartywhiners to go MAYBE 10-6
...and the Lambs go MAYBE 11-5. (if they're lucky)



The games @Atlanta and @SF aren't potential losses? road games are tough


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:03 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm
Posts: 2034
kearly wrote:
heyu123 wrote:
You may have a point if "42-13" wasnt thrown around everyday here as justification why Seattle > SF.


It's hard to look at 42-13 and not think "oh shit" if you are a 49ers fan though. Granted, the real score of that game probably would have been 31-6 if you take away the bogus TD at the end and Seattle's unsustainable 3rd down conversion rate. Either way, if you watched the game, the dominance was reflected in the score. It was a breakthrough moment in the division.

Seattle won the division in 2010 but got reamed by the 49ers in December, 40-21. Those teams split the season series, but I think that December blowout sent a signal that the 49ers were on the rise. The next season, the 49ers went 13-3 and basically had the division won by mid-season. A lot of the signs of that 13-3 season were on display in that 40-21 ass kicking that, at the time, seemed to come completely out of nowhere.

The Seahawks showed that they were on another level in that 42-13 game. The only reason I could see the 49ers winning the division is because of the 14 other games. Seattle seems to have had an awful lot of trouble putting away mediocre teams on the road at 10am, a problem Jim Harbaugh hasn't had in SF.


That seems to be a popular theory...but it really doesn't work that way.

In 2010 the Bucs came to Candlestick and destroyed the 49ers 21-0. It was ugly.

The very next year the Bucs came back and LOST 48-3.

No...the Bucs aren't the Seahawks. My point is that things change in a hurry. Moreover, you really can't read anything into one win. There are so many small plays in any game that can radically change the outcome. What if Cam doesn't dislodge the ball from Vernon and he doesn't slam his head into the turf? Niners then have 1st and goal inside the 5 and maybe Vernon scores. Who knows. Akers doesn't try a field goal, it doesn't get blocked and Sherman doesn't return it for a TD. The score is 14-7 Seattle instead of 21-0 Seattle. HUGE difference. Vernon also doesn't sit out the rest of the game. Thats changes the way both teams are playing and is a large influence on the way the rest of the game is played.

We can also go into injuries and such (both teams BTW...Justin Smith for SF and Browner for Seattle), but that really isn't my point.

My point is that blowout wins like that are seldom because one team is just drastically better than the other. They are usually about something happening at a key point in the game that simply blows open the score. The outcome of every play affects the play that comes after.

I'm not trying to take anything away from that Seattle win. It was impressive and it was a thorough beatdown.

I'd just warn against reading too much out of any blowout win....unless we are talking about the Bills in which its pretty clear the only statement that can be read is that the Bills really suck on D. Thats not an insult to Seattle BTW because the 49ers last year were the first team in NFL history to both rush and pass for 300 yards in the SAME GAME....and they did it against the Bills....with Alex Smith at QB.


Last edited by Marvin49 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:06 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm
Posts: 2034
pmedic920 wrote:
My rose colored crystal ball has a few cloudy spots, but I see the 9ers finishing 3rd in the division. Right between the Rams and Cards.


I just don't understand this one. LOL.

I get why you would put Seattle ahead of SF. I disagree of course but I can see that one....but the Rams!?!

They had exactly 2 guys who scared me and they are both gone (Jackson and Amendola). Bradford is Alex Smith and that team doesn't have the 49ers run game to compensate. Do you really think a 5'9" 170lb stot reciever is good enough to add 4 or 5 more wins?

Not buyin' that one.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:08 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm
Posts: 2034
Scottemojo wrote:
heyu123 wrote:
kearly wrote:
Yes in that game it was a dominant performance. However it was still only a one game sample size. Any team in the NFL is capable of a down week. That's not to minimize what Seattle did or make an excuse, but I would caution anyone who reads too much into that singular moment.

Seattle at the end of last year may very well have been better than the niners. And they very well may be in 2014 as well. But that game doesn't prove anything. You have to examine and look at much more, including games vs other teams as you note in your post.

Many Niner fans think Seahawk fans hold onto that game because it was our SB, because we haven't won anything, etc. We treasure that game for a ton of reasons that are not that one. It was when Pete got the Harby monkey off his back. It was after that game that Seattle essentially kicked the NFL door in and announced their presence. (seriously, it was after that game that Seattle started to get really noticed by national media. The ass kickings handed out to the Cardinals and Bills were quite properly dismissed in NFL circles, those coaches were dead men walking. Not San Fran.) It was that game Where Russell Wilson began to be taken seriously. During that game our defense passed San Fran's as most stingy in the league, a title that would not be relinqushed. A regualr season game may not mean everthing, but it can signal a moment when change occurs.

Niner fans mock us for holding onto that game. I understand why. A regular season game is not a championship, and we have acted the ass over a regular season game. But here in Seattle, that game has come to symbolize, right or wrong, the moment when the Hawks became a team to be feared by all and maybe even a passing of the guard in the NFC West. The hottest ticket in the NFL this year is the Niners at the Hawks. It has been declared the must see game/brawl of the year. ESPN does not run a story about Wilson or Kaepernick without including a story about the other right afterward. Our rivalry has replaced the Steelers/Ravens for now as the hottest in the NFL. It has more storylines than any other. 42-13 is dumb, but it does mean one thing that is true: The entire Niner organization, and the fans, have to take Seattle seriously.

We may hate that this has become so stupid that 5 rings is answered with 42-13, but the simple fact is that the feeling of rivalry is good for business, so the NFL and both teams stir it up. I go a couple of Niner sites for news, and they don't report every transaction of the Cards and Rams, but they report a hangnail if a Seattle player gets one. The same goes for our sites with Niner players. I for one think this is beautiful, sports hate, as long as it is kept in it's proper place, is damn good fun.


Pretty much agree with all of that.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:11 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm
Posts: 2034
60niners wrote:
Scottemojo wrote:
Many Niner fans think Seahawk fans hold onto that game because it was our SB, because we haven't won anything, etc. We treasure that game for a ton of reasons that are not that one. It was when Pete got the Harby monkey off his back. It was after that game that Seattle essentially kicked the NFL door in and announced their presence. (seriously, it was after that game that Seattle started to get really noticed by national media. The ass kickings handed out to the Cardinals and Bills were quite properly dismissed in NFL circles, those coaches were dead men walking. Not San Fran.) It was that game Where Russell Wilson began to be taken seriously. During that game our defense passed San Fran's as most stingy in the league, a title that would not be relinqushed. A regualr season game may not mean everthing, but it can signal a moment when change occurs.

Niner fans mock us for holding onto that game. I understand why. A regular season game is not a championship, and we have acted the ass over a regular season game. But here in Seattle, that game has come to symbolize, right or wrong, the moment when the Hawks became a team to be feared by all and maybe even a passing of the guard in the NFC West. The hottest ticket in the NFL this year is the Niners at the Hawks. It has been declared the must see game/brawl of the year. ESPN does not run a story about Wilson or Kaepernick without including a story about the other right afterward. Our rivalry has replaced the Steelers/Ravens for now as the hottest in the NFL. It has more storylines than any other. 42-13 is dumb, but it does mean one thing that is true: The entire Niner organization, and the fans, have to take Seattle seriously.

We may hate that this has become so stupid that 5 rings is answered with 42-13, but the simple fact is that the feeling of rivalry is good for business, so the NFL and both teams stir it up. I go a couple of Niner sites for news, and they don't report every transaction of the Cards and Rams, but they report a hangnail if a Seattle player gets one. The same goes for our sites with Niner players. I for one think this is beautiful, sports hate, as long as it is kept in it's proper place, is damn good fun.

Now this I can respect. The ones screaming 42-13 at the top of their lungs while plugging their ears are just acting childish. This response has substance.

Agreed.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:00 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:37 am
Posts: 3189
Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas
Marvin49 wrote:
pmedic920 wrote:
My rose colored crystal ball has a few cloudy spots, but I see the 9ers finishing 3rd in the division. Right between the Rams and Cards.


I just don't understand this one. LOL.

I get why you would put Seattle ahead of SF. I disagree of course but I can see that one....but the Rams!?!

They had exactly 2 guys who scared me and they are both gone (Jackson and Amendola). Bradford is Alex Smith and that team doesn't have the 49ers run game to compensate. Do you really think a 5'9" 170lb stot reciever is good enough to add 4 or 5 more wins?

Not buyin' that one.

my reasoning is simple. I think the rams are going to be a couple of wins better than most give them credit for and I think the 9ers will have some problems that are unforeseen, this will cause them to loose a couple, that on paper they shouldn't. I told you my crystal ball was rose colored and had cloudy spots. This is just how I think the division will end up. This is a very tight division IMHO and 1 or 2 wins/losses either way could change things a great deal for any of the teams.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:43 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am
Posts: 2774
Marvin49 wrote:
pmedic920 wrote:
My rose colored crystal ball has a few cloudy spots, but I see the 9ers finishing 3rd in the division. Right between the Rams and Cards.


I just don't understand this one. LOL.

I get why you would put Seattle ahead of SF. I disagree of course but I can see that one....but the Rams!?!

They had exactly 2 guys who scared me and they are both gone (Jackson and Amendola). Bradford is Alex Smith and that team doesn't have the 49ers run game to compensate. Do you really think a 5'9" 170lb stot reciever is good enough to add 4 or 5 more wins?

Not buyin' that one.


Well they did alot more than just draft Austin. They shored up their O-line and added a threat at TE. They are also a year more experienced and will likely be coming into this season with a chip on their shoulder and a damn good coach who made great strides in year one. Can he do something similar in year two?

Consider you were a ticky tacky delay of game penalty from being swept by them last year and that penalty came in your house in a game Amendola didn't even play in. No call on the penalty, or Amendola plays and you guys are swept last year and end up the 5 seed while we move up to the 2 seed.

It's as big a question mark if Justin Smith can stay healthy as it is Austin will have an impact. Gore losing some production or getting injured wouldn't surprise anyone any more than Cook having a probowl season. Bradford finally having the same OC and some actual play makers is as likely to surprise as Kaepernick struggling do to lack of targets and teams learning to contain him. You could make these match ups across the board. One thing is for sure, the Rams play makers are young and likely getting better while your biggest impact players are expected to see a drop off. If it's not now, it is pretty likely it will be soon. I believe it will happen this year and you will be in the Rams rear view mirror for years to come.

You don't have to like it but there are solid reasons for these opinions.

_________________
The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:52 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm
Posts: 690
kearly wrote:
heyu123 wrote:
You may have a point if "42-13" wasnt thrown around everyday here as justification why Seattle > SF.


It's hard to look at 42-13 and not think "oh shit" if you are a 49ers fan though. Granted, the real score of that game probably would have been 31-6 if you take away the bogus TD at the end and Seattle's unsustainable 3rd down conversion rate. Either way, if you watched the game, the dominance was reflected in the score. It was a breakthrough moment in the division.

Seattle won the division in 2010 but got reamed by the 49ers in December, 40-21. Those teams split the season series, but I think that December blowout sent a signal that the 49ers were on the rise. The next season, the 49ers went 13-3 and basically had the division won by mid-season. A lot of the signs of that 13-3 season were on display in that 40-21 ass kicking that, at the time, seemed to come completely out of nowhere.

The Seahawks showed that they were on another level in that 42-13 game. The only reason I could see the 49ers winning the division is because of the 14 other games. Seattle seems to have had an awful lot of trouble putting away mediocre teams on the road at 10am, a problem Jim Harbaugh hasn't had in SF.



I think that you guys are the only ones who believe this, seriously. Every Niner fan I have come across now laughs whenever this game is brought up for the reasons that were brought up in this thread. Nothing from last year matters anymore. If it did, then I guess it will be another Ravens vs Niners Super Bowl.

_________________
DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:03 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:35 am
Posts: 294
NinerLifer wrote:
kearly wrote:
heyu123 wrote:
You may have a point if "42-13" wasnt thrown around everyday here as justification why Seattle > SF.


It's hard to look at 42-13 and not think "oh shit" if you are a 49ers fan though. Granted, the real score of that game probably would have been 31-6 if you take away the bogus TD at the end and Seattle's unsustainable 3rd down conversion rate. Either way, if you watched the game, the dominance was reflected in the score. It was a breakthrough moment in the division.

Seattle won the division in 2010 but got reamed by the 49ers in December, 40-21. Those teams split the season series, but I think that December blowout sent a signal that the 49ers were on the rise. The next season, the 49ers went 13-3 and basically had the division won by mid-season. A lot of the signs of that 13-3 season were on display in that 40-21 ass kicking that, at the time, seemed to come completely out of nowhere.

The Seahawks showed that they were on another level in that 42-13 game. The only reason I could see the 49ers winning the division is because of the 14 other games. Seattle seems to have had an awful lot of trouble putting away mediocre teams on the road at 10am, a problem Jim Harbaugh hasn't had in SF.



I think that you guys are the only ones who believe this, seriously. Every Niner fan I have come across now laughs whenever this game is brought up for the reasons that were brought up in this thread. Nothing from last year matters anymore. If it did, then I guess it will be another Ravens vs Niners Super Bowl.


For what it's worth, I was over this game by the following weekend... Sure, it felt good to dominate that game, but anything I can do in order not to incite the Niners 5 Lombardies to Seahawks None conversation... lol... Besides, it's not like that W propelled us to the Super Bowl... Oh well, a new season is upon us and here's to an injury free run to the playoffs... see you guys there....


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:29 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:18 pm
Posts: 1443
Marvin49 wrote:
pmedic920 wrote:
My rose colored crystal ball has a few cloudy spots, but I see the 9ers finishing 3rd in the division. Right between the Rams and Cards.


I just don't understand this one. LOL.

I get why you would put Seattle ahead of SF. I disagree of course but I can see that one....but the Rams!?!

They had exactly 2 guys who scared me and they are both gone (Jackson and Amendola). Bradford is Alex Smith and that team doesn't have the 49ers run game to compensate. Do you really think a 5'9" 170lb stot reciever is good enough to add 4 or 5 more wins?

Not buyin' that one.


Well, if he is Alex Smith, he too can pull a good season out of his ass eventually.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:26 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:16 pm
Posts: 147
heyu123 wrote:
Many Niner fans think Seahawk fans hold onto that game because it was our SB, because we haven't won anything, etc. We treasure that game for a ton of reasons that are not that one. It was when Pete got the Harby monkey off his back. It was after that game that Seattle essentially kicked the NFL door in and announced their presence. (seriously, it was after that game that Seattle started to get really noticed by national media. The ass kickings handed out to the Cardinals and Bills were quite properly dismissed in NFL circles, those coaches were dead men walking. Not San Fran.) It was that game Where Russell Wilson began to be taken seriously. During that game our defense passed San Fran's as most stingy in the league, a title that would not be relinqushed. A regualr season game may not mean everthing, but it can signal a moment when change occurs.

Niner fans mock us for holding onto that game. I understand why. A regular season game is not a championship, and we have acted the ass over a regular season game. But here in Seattle, that game has come to symbolize, right or wrong, the moment when the Hawks became a team to be feared by all and maybe even a passing of the guard in the NFC West. The hottest ticket in the NFL this year is the Niners at the Hawks. It has been declared the must see game/brawl of the year. ESPN does not run a story about Wilson or Kaepernick without including a story about the other right afterward. Our rivalry has replaced the Steelers/Ravens for now as the hottest in the NFL. It has more storylines than any other. 42-13 is dumb, but it does mean one thing that is true: The entire Niner organization, and the fans, have to take Seattle seriously.

We may hate that this has become so stupid that 5 rings is answered with 42-13, but the simple fact is that the feeling of rivalry is good for business, so the NFL and both teams stir it up. I go a couple of Niner sites for news, and they don't report every transaction of the Cards and Rams, but they report a hangnail if a Seattle player gets one. The same goes for our sites with Niner players. I for one think this is beautiful, sports hate, as long as it is kept in it's proper place, is damn good fun.


Great post.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:29 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:16 pm
Posts: 147
rideaducati wrote:
Marvin49 wrote:
pmedic920 wrote:
My rose colored crystal ball has a few cloudy spots, but I see the 9ers finishing 3rd in the division. Right between the Rams and Cards.


I just don't understand this one. LOL.

I get why you would put Seattle ahead of SF. I disagree of course but I can see that one....but the Rams!?!

They had exactly 2 guys who scared me and they are both gone (Jackson and Amendola). Bradford is Alex Smith and that team doesn't have the 49ers run game to compensate. Do you really think a 5'9" 170lb stot reciever is good enough to add 4 or 5 more wins?

Not buyin' that one.


Well, if he is Alex Smith, he too can pull a good season out of his ass eventually.


He views them as the same except Rams don't have the running game to take pressure off Bradford. Nor do they have the defense either of our teams do.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 49ers won the division last year, therefore...
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:45 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
Posts: 5523
Location: Kansas City, MO
NinerLifer wrote:
kearly wrote:
heyu123 wrote:
You may have a point if "42-13" wasnt thrown around everyday here as justification why Seattle > SF.


It's hard to look at 42-13 and not think "oh shit" if you are a 49ers fan though. Granted, the real score of that game probably would have been 31-6 if you take away the bogus TD at the end and Seattle's unsustainable 3rd down conversion rate. Either way, if you watched the game, the dominance was reflected in the score. It was a breakthrough moment in the division.

Seattle won the division in 2010 but got reamed by the 49ers in December, 40-21. Those teams split the season series, but I think that December blowout sent a signal that the 49ers were on the rise. The next season, the 49ers went 13-3 and basically had the division won by mid-season. A lot of the signs of that 13-3 season were on display in that 40-21 ass kicking that, at the time, seemed to come completely out of nowhere.

The Seahawks showed that they were on another level in that 42-13 game. The only reason I could see the 49ers winning the division is because of the 14 other games. Seattle seems to have had an awful lot of trouble putting away mediocre teams on the road at 10am, a problem Jim Harbaugh hasn't had in SF.



I think that you guys are the only ones who believe this, seriously. Every Niner fan I have come across now laughs whenever this game is brought up for the reasons that were brought up in this thread. Nothing from last year matters anymore. If it did, then I guess it will be another Ravens vs Niners Super Bowl.

Stop using logic you silly man. By the way Alex looked solid nice tonight. I am almost tempted to think KC may worry Denver this season. Alex is exactly what the current Chiefs need, seriously.

_________________
43-8...it's all about that action boss....
next man up.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: coastalroofer, volsunghawk and 15 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.