Who will cover the Rams?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Re: Who will cover the Rams?
Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:01 am
  • AvengerRam wrote:Let's be honest here.

Marvin desperately wants to believe that the Rams' success againt the Whiners last year was due, in large part, to Jackson and Amendola, two players no longer on the team.

The reality is, the Rams' defense was the primary reason. They held the Niners to 37 points in 10 quarters, and scored a key safety and TD.

The Rams defense, with guys like Quinn, Brockers and Jenkins still improving, and the addition of Alec Ogletree, should be as good or better than last year.

That's what has guys like Marvin feeling a bit uneasy, and I don't blame him for feeling that way.

I don't feel uneasy at all about the Rams. Seattle tho...that's a different story. Thats why I'm here on a SEATTLE forum and not a Rams forum.

What I find funny tho is how desperate Rams fans seem to try to inject themselves into the conversation.

For the record, I attribute the loss to the Rams last year to great D by the Rams and a couple flukie plays. I attribute the tie to a good game from Jackson and Amendola, more good D by the Rams and Kaeps first extended game action. If I asked a Seattle fan about the loss to SF at Candlestick last year, I'd probably hear something about good D from the 49ers along with dropped passes by Seattle receivers, Wilson still making his way as a young QB and an OC who still had the training wheels on.

I wouldn't get all defensive because they didn't attribute 100% of the win to great play by the Niners. I wouldn't be offended by that because its TRUE. It's true in most games that the team that lost has a hand in why they lost.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:50 am
  • RamzFanz wrote:I know no one will acknowledge what they have done, but it's going to be impressive.

No, we won't and for one very good reason: until your team actually gets out on the field and starts playing games, you haven't done squat. Until your new backs and receivers get out there and prove they can consistently perform against NFL-level talent, you haven't done squat. Until your quarterback actually takes the next step and starts playing up to his potential, you haven't done squat. Until your defense proves it can build off of an admittedly good campaign in 2013, you haven't done squat.

There have been too many teams over the years that have put together impressive-looking offseasons only to collapse when the games start counting for anyone to buy into this Rams team before the season even starts. Seattle and San Francisco are playoff teams. The Rams haven't even gotten to .500 since 2004. Until your team can change that, don't expect anyone here to fall down and anoint St. Louis as the next big thing. It's a big step from "respectable team" to "playoff team" and your Rams haven't done it yet.
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:20 am
  • Vernon Davis ran a 4.3 forty and did it at 6'3" 250. Is a far better athlete than Bailey or Austin, and is a better football player all around. Seattle seems to handle him just fine...Rams WR? Please.

I'd also like to point out that none of the RBs in St. Louis have scored a rushing TD in the NFL.

Just like their WRs (well they're a little better with a whopping NINE TDs! NINE...COMBINED).

Maybe the Rams should fu :34853_doh: ng do something before their fans say ANYTHING. This thread is a joke.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:31 am
  • Even the great Steven Jackson never managed 100 yards on the ground against the Seahawks.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:35 am
  • Marvin should just drop a picture of their NFC Championship banner or shirt and be done with it.

Lord knows Ram fans forgot what those are like.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:38 am
  • Shadowhawk wrote:
    RamzFanz wrote:I know no one will acknowledge what they have done, but it's going to be impressive.

No, we won't and for one very good reason: until your team actually gets out on the field and starts playing games, you haven't done squat. Until your new backs and receivers get out there and prove they can consistently perform against NFL-level talent, you haven't done squat. Until your quarterback actually takes the next step and starts playing up to his potential, you haven't done squat. Until your defense proves it can build off of an admittedly good campaign in 2013, you haven't done squat.

There have been too many teams over the years that have put together impressive-looking offseasons only to collapse when the games start counting for anyone to buy into this Rams team before the season even starts. Seattle and San Francisco are playoff teams. The Rams haven't even gotten to .500 since 2004. Until your team can change that, don't expect anyone here to fall down and anoint St. Louis as the next big thing. It's a big step from "respectable team" to "playoff team" and your Rams haven't done it yet.

I always wonder why opposing fans think the Rams are depending on just new players. Richardson is a second year player. Richardson had more YPC than SJ39 and, despite having 160 less carries, had many longer runs than SJ. Givens had a rookie record 5 consecutive games with catches over 50 yards and developed a solid intermediate game the second half of the season. Kendricks is a good TE. Almost the entire D is back. Bradford set many rookie records and improves the w/l ratio by his presence on the field. He surpassed his stellar rookie season last season. His RZ rating the last 8 games when the O line was decent was 102.

That alone, of course, is NOT a winning team.

The O line has to be better and stay healthy. They added Long and they are currently pretty healthy. Crossing fingers.

The passing game has to improve. You don't think Givens, Cook, Austin, Kendricks and Bailey with a decent O line for once will improve the passing game from last season? Even Pettis and Quick are showing great improvement. This is going to sound homer, and you'll probably dismiss it, but Givens may go elite this season. He really is that good. Cook and Kendricks may be the best TE tandem in the NFL. Cook is looking like Bradford's favorite and he's been nothing short of amazing in TC. TA and Bailey are both tearing it up in TC. Bradford has never come close to having this many potential targets. I honestly believe the Rams have 4-5 future pro bowl skill players on this O this season.

The Rams have a very good D for the first time in many seasons. Also for the first time in many seasons, the O is actually playing this very good D and beating them in camp. That may not sound like a big thing to you, but when the Rams receivers can beat the Rams corners, that's a big deal. They are very good corners and we know that's a big sign that we haven't seen since the GSOT.

What the Hawks' and Niners' fans say is true, they are unproven as a unit. What I'm saying is the potential for the Rams to compete for the NFCW title is far far greater than you are seeing. It's an offense with deep talent. It's their first time in the same O system which allowed them to spend all their time improving instead of starting all over. Universally, from the front office, to the coaches, to the players, to the reporters and fans, and even to the skeptics, people are starting to see massive potential in the Rams that just hasn't been there in a long time.

Not for 2015 or 2014, THIS season.

We aren't claiming any victories for the Rams (well, maybe a few over the top statements). Just giving fair warning, they aren't what you think.
    FSOT- Fastest Show On Turf - 2013 RAMS
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:42 am
  • you're comparing a kitten to two grizzly bears.

I feel disrespected to have Rams fans on here trying to get acceptance about their little team.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:48 am
  • By the way, I apologize for the post in Seahawks forum. It should have been in the NFL forum. And I have made a few over the top remarks that were unworthy of my actual position.

I can't help but be passionate and excited about this season. It is going to be one hell of a NFCW battle.
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:05 am
  • SouthSoundHawk wrote:Vernon Davis ran a 4.3 forty and did it at 6'3" 250. Is a far better athlete than Bailey or Austin, and is a better football player all around. Seattle seems to handle him just fine...Rams WR? Please.

I'd also like to point out that none of the RBs in St. Louis have scored a rushing TD in the NFL.

Just like their WRs (well they're a little better with a whopping NINE TDs! NINE...COMBINED).

Maybe the Rams should fu :34853_doh: ng do something before their fans say ANYTHING. This thread is a joke.

It's a little early to call Vernon "a far better athlete" than Austin or Bailey, don't you think? I mean, seriously, Vernon is a top guy and I have nothing but respect for him, but Austin is an amazing athlete. We'll see how well that translates to the NFL, but announcers would say things like "You aren't suppossed to be abe to do that in football" and "He has the best feet in college football today" and "He's Houdini" and "WOW... just WOW. So, he may possibly have a little talent? No? 4.25 40 speed MIGHT help a little?

Bailey had 1,600 yards and 25 TD's as a senior. Not exactly talentless. Is that fair? I mean, he CAN catch a ball at least, yes?

How about Givens? A rookie record 5 straight games with 50+ yard catches? 4.3 speed? Is he really so easy to cover?

Cook and Kendricks? Cook with a 4.49 40, 6'5" at 250 and a catch radius the size of Texas? Are they talentless too?

I honestly think you are in for a shock. Honestly. Sincerely.

NOPE, it's not for sure and it is unproven, but my 35 years watching football and consistent top FF performances tell me something very big is brewing in STL. We'll see.
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:25 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    I don't feel uneasy at all about the Rams. Seattle tho...that's a different story. Thats why I'm here on a SEATTLE forum and not a Rams forum.

What I find funny tho is how desperate Rams fans seem to try to inject themselves into the conversation.

For the record, I attribute the loss to the Rams last year to great D by the Rams and a couple flukie plays. I attribute the tie to a good game from Jackson and Amendola, more good D by the Rams and Kaeps first extended game action. If I asked a Seattle fan about the loss to SF at Candlestick last year, I'd probably hear something about good D from the 49ers along with dropped passes by Seattle receivers, Wilson still making his way as a young QB and an OC who still had the training wheels on.

I wouldn't get all defensive because they didn't attribute 100% of the win to great play by the Niners. I wouldn't be offended by that because its TRUE. It's true in most games that the team that lost has a hand in why they lost.

We are the early messengers that a third and previously unknown army has entered the battle and they are far more dangerous than you may presume.

By the way, that "great D" is, just as often as not, getting schooled in camp by the amazing offense Fisher / Snead and company has put together.

It's OK not to see it at this point because you probably don't follow the Rams that close, but you don't just beat the Rams' corners with nobodies.
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:36 am
  • RamzFanz wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

We are the early messengers that a third and previously unknown army has entered the battle and they are far more dangerous than you may presume.

By the way, that "great D" is, just as often as not, getting schooled in camp by the amazing offense Fisher / Snead and company has put together.

It's OK not to see it at this point because you probably don't follow the Rams that close, but you don't just beat the Rams' corners with nobodies.

I've seen alot of offseason dreams fade quickly in September. I have no doubt that you believe what you are saying, but you also have to understand how the chest beating sounds to 49er and Seahawk fans. IE...false.

I get that you are excited for the coming season...and I would be to if my team had been under .500 in 18 of the last 22 years. It doesn't happen overnight tho. Teams are more than the sum of thier parts. It takes time for players to come together. Vernon Davis and Michael Crabtree were both at one point spoken about as busts. I wouldn't expect any rookie receiver to come in and light the NFL on fire. It very rarely happens. Does that mean it can't? Of course not...but don't set yourself up for disappointment. If I were a Rams fan I'd approach this season the way i approached 49er seasons several years ago. I saw the talent but I understood it takes time to put it all together.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:12 am
  • Austin may be an athlete, but Reggie Bush was suppose to be all that also and while he can be dynamic what has he really done other then a few notable plays here and there, Desmond Howard was another Athlete, had a MVP moment in a Super bowl with his Kick returning not his receiveing abilities, Thats what I see as an Austin upside, I don't see him being Terry Metcalf, who was by far the best undersized player I have ever watched, even he had injuries shorten his career.

Austin may make explosive plays, but I liken it to a small guy fighting a big guy, small guy gets inside and gets a shot or two here and there, but he pays a high price for every blow he lands in just physical domination. Once tired or worn down some the big guy makes it hurt bad for those couple shots the small guy got in earlier.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:50 am
  • chris98251 wrote:Austin may be an athlete, but Reggie Bush was suppose to be all that also and while he can be dynamic what has he really done other then a few notable plays here and there, Desmond Howard was another Athlete, had a MVP moment in a Super bowl with his Kick returning not his receiveing abilities, Thats what I see as an Austin upside, I don't see him being Terry Metcalf, who was by far the best undersized player I have ever watched, even he had injuries shorten his career.

Austin may make explosive plays, but I liken it to a small guy fighting a big guy, small guy gets inside and gets a shot or two here and there, but he pays a high price for every blow he lands in just physical domination. Once tired or worn down some the big guy makes it hurt bad for those couple shots the small guy got in earlier.

Wouldn't all of these comments be good arguments against paying a King's ransom for Percy Harvin?
    AvengerRam
    NET Starter

Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:57 am
  • AvengerRam wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Austin may be an athlete, but Reggie Bush was suppose to be all that also and while he can be dynamic what has he really done other then a few notable plays here and there, Desmond Howard was another Athlete, had a MVP moment in a Super bowl with his Kick returning not his receiveing abilities, Thats what I see as an Austin upside, I don't see him being Terry Metcalf, who was by far the best undersized player I have ever watched, even he had injuries shorten his career.

Wouldn't all of these comments be good arguments against paying a King's ransom for Percy Harvin?

Harvin is 3 inches taller and at least 10-15 lbs heavier.

Just sayin'.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:08 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    AvengerRam wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Austin may be an athlete, but Reggie Bush was suppose to be all that also and while he can be dynamic what has he really done other then a few notable plays here and there, Desmond Howard was another Athlete, had a MVP moment in a Super bowl with his Kick returning not his receiveing abilities, Thats what I see as an Austin upside, I don't see him being Terry Metcalf, who was by far the best undersized player I have ever watched, even he had injuries shorten his career.

Just sayin'.

Not exactly. According to the teams' official web sites, their heights/weights are as follows:

Harvin: 5'11, 184
    Austin: 5'8, 176

So... Austin is only 8 pounds lighter despite being 3 inches shorter. That would suggest that Austin is as muscular, if not more so, than Harvin.

Both players, though, are significantly lighter than the average player that hits them in a game, so the analogy is appropriate.
    AvengerRam
    NET Starter

Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:19 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    RamzFanz wrote:

I've seen alot of offseason dreams fade quickly in September. I have no doubt that you believe what you are saying, but you also have to understand how the chest beating sounds to 49er and Seahawk fans. IE...false.

I get that you are excited for the coming season...and I would be to if my team had been under .500 in 18 of the last 22 years. It doesn't happen overnight tho. Teams are more than the sum of thier parts. It takes time for players to come together. Vernon Davis and Michael Crabtree were both at one point spoken about as busts. I wouldn't expect any rookie receiver to come in and light the NFL on fire. It very rarely happens. Does that mean it can't? Of course not...but don't set yourself up for disappointment. If I were a Rams fan I'd approach this season the way i approached 49er seasons several years ago. I saw the talent but I understood it takes time to put it all together.

Hey, don't shoot the messenger. I've been watching football long enough to be a reasonable judge of talent. This is the real deal.

The perception that the Rams are talking about Rookies is a false perception. The O line consists of many former first round draft picks and pro bowl veterans. The D are almost all returning players except one safety and Ogletree. The O skill players, Bradford, Givens, Quick, Pettis, Kendricks, Richardson, Pead, and Gannaway are all returning players. Cook is a veteran. Kickers and punters are returning players.

The only Rookies that are starting on O are TA, who will play many roles and is an exceptional talent, and Bailey, who is also looking far better than could be expected at this point. Quite frankly, they are the icing on the cake and I'm very confident they will contribute enough to give the Rams a formidable O. If TA only returned kicks and punts and Bailey only spelled Givens when he needed it, that alone may be enough. Givens and Cook are looking to be elite this season. Kendricks is a solid TE and Quick and Pettis are coming on strong. Bradford can throw and Richardson can run and catch. Pead may just be as good as his talent. Stacy is also good but probably not really needed yet.
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:29 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Austin may be an athlete, but Reggie Bush was suppose to be all that also and while he can be dynamic what has he really done other then a few notable plays here and there, Desmond Howard was another Athlete, had a MVP moment in a Super bowl with his Kick returning not his receiveing abilities, Thats what I see as an Austin upside, I don't see him being Terry Metcalf, who was by far the best undersized player I have ever watched, even he had injuries shorten his career.

See, I've watched a LOT of TA and I think you're not seeing how this guy survives and thrives.

One of his best talents is avoiding the hit. He missed a total of zero games and one practice in HS and college.

The man has no pride! He runs out of bounds and goes down like a $2 wh... well, you know what I mean. I was watching his highlight reel and in this one play he was trapped on the sideline by three defenders who were going to pound him. So he stutter steps. At first I thought he was trying to pull a move but then I realised he was just forcing them to change speed and direction so they wouldn't have the angle or momentum to put the hit on him. He takes the yards left and steps out.

So, I don't think your analogy is correct. The big guy doesn't get to hit back because he eliminates the opportunity. Will that transfer to the NFL? God, I hope so.
    Last edited by RamzFanz on Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:31 pm
  • AvengerRam wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    AvengerRam wrote:

Just sayin'.

Not exactly. According to the teams' official web sites, their heights/weights are as follows:

So... Austin is only 8 pounds lighter despite being 3 inches shorter. That would suggest that Austin is as muscular, if not more so, than Harvin.

Both players, though, are significantly lighter than the average player that hits them in a game, so the analogy is appropriate.

...and you are using the combine weight of a player who's been in the league now for several years. I highly doubt Harvin is still 184 lbs. Players usually put on weight in NFL training rooms.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:35 pm
  • RamzFanz wrote:

See, I've watched a LOT of TA and I think you're not seeing how this guy survives and thrives.

One of his best talents is avoiding the hit. He missed a total of zero games and one practice in HS and college.

The man has no pride! He runs out of bounds and goes down like a $2 wh... well, you know what I mean. I was watching his highlight reel and in this one play he was trapped on the sideline by three defenders who were going to pound him. So he stutter steps. At first I thought he was trying to pull a move but then I realised he was just forcing them to change speed and direction so they couldn't put the hit on him. He takes the yards left and steps out.

So, I don't think your analogy is correct. The big guy doesn't get to hit back because he eliminates the opportunity. Will that transfer to the NFL? God, I hope so.

So, you're saying he's a wuss?

:stirthepot:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:41 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    AvengerRam wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

...and you are using the combine weight of a player who's been in the league now for several years. I highly doubt Harvin is still 184 lbs. Players usually put on weight in NFL training rooms.

Austin is exceptionally small for an NFL slot receiver. He's also a very smart and explosively talented player who knows he's small, hence his amazing record of staying healthy. It's a concern but even if he fails to continue to stay healthy, he's not the end all be all of the Rams O.
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:43 pm
  • sutz wrote:
    RamzFanz wrote:

The man has no pride! He runs out of bounds and goes down like a $2 wh... well, you know what I mean. I was watching his highlight reel and in this one play he was trapped on the sideline by three defenders who were going to pound him. So he stutter steps. At first I thought he was trying to pull a move but then I realised he was just forcing them to change speed and direction so they couldn't put the hit on him. He takes the yards left and steps out.

So, you're saying he's a wuss?

:stirthepot:

Nope, I'm saying he plays to his strengths and manages his one weakness (which is also a strength).
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:40 pm
  • Terrifying.

theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:42 pm
  • Who will cover the Rams?

The best secondary in the league...The Seattle Seahawks.

/Thread.

Oh wait.....

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:56 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:

You don't read well, do you? That's the weight listed on the Seahawks web site. If you have proof its wrong, provide it. Otherwise, shut the Hell up.
    AvengerRam
    NET Starter

Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:09 pm
  • A Niner fan and a Ram fan having a slap fight on a Seahawks fan board.
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:31 pm
  • RamzFanz wrote:
    his one weakness (which is also a strength).

Whatever, Michael Scott.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:35 pm
  • AvengerRam wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

You don't read well, do you? That's the weight listed on the Seahawks web site. If you have proof its wrong, provide it. Otherwise, shut the Hell up.

Right...because the teams always update a players weight on a regular basis for the sole purpose of listing it. SMDH. Any height/weight info you will ever see on NFL players comes from the combine. I'm surprised you didn't already know that. Have you ever noticed that a players listed weight never changes in their entire career?

So....YOU shut the hell up. :D

EDIT: Actually....I'm not sure where the 184lbs came from. I know weight stats don't get updated. Ever. So not sure where the 184lbs first got listed. At the combine he actually weighed in at 192 lbs.

Typically player weights tho get posted someplace once and then every other site just copies that info and so on and so on. I remember Tim McDonald being asked about his weight when it was listed at 215 lbs. He smiled and said that was his rookie weight, but he was closer to 235-240 by the end of his career. The point here is that that any weight that is listed after the combine is just someone repeateing someone else. The teams have no mandate or desire to divulge the correct weights of their players.

BTW...I'm not even a Seahawk fan and I'm the guy defending Harvin here. LOL.
    Last edited by Marvin49 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:43 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:Right...because the teams always update a players weight on a regular basis for the sole purpose of listing it. SMDH. Any height/weight info you will ever see on NFL players comes from the combine. I'm surprised you didn't already know that. Have you ever noticed that a players listed weight never changes in their entire career?

So you have no proof that Harvin weighs more than 184 lbs. Okay, based on your admission, your prior comments are stricken from the record. Next witness.
    AvengerRam
    NET Starter

Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:45 pm
  • AvengerRam wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:Right...because the teams always update a players weight on a regular basis for the sole purpose of listing it. SMDH. Any height/weight info you will ever see on NFL players comes from the combine. I'm surprised you didn't already know that. Have you ever noticed that a players listed weight never changes in their entire career?

So you have no proof that Harvin weighs more than 184 lbs. Okay, based on your admission, your prior comments are stricken from the record. Next witness.

LOL. OK Mr Head in the sand. You not knowing something that is pretty obvious and fairly well known isn't my fault. You might want to look into that.

BTW, I edited my post because Harvin actually weighed in at 192lbs at the combine. Not sure where or when the 184 came into play. May have been a listed weight from college.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:48 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:BTW, I edited my post because Harvin actually weighed in at 192lbs at the combine. Not sure where or when the 184 came into play. May have been a listed weight from college.

You are such a tool.
    AvengerRam
    NET Starter

Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:55 pm
  • AvengerRam wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:BTW, I edited my post because Harvin actually weighed in at 192lbs at the combine. Not sure where or when the 184 came into play. May have been a listed weight from college.

You are such a tool.

...yet I'm STILL correct.

I dunno why I'm even arguing. LOL. I said 10-15 lbs and your stat is 8 lbs...so off by 2 pounds even if you're correct. LOL. I'm not even a Seattle fan. :D All you wanna do is "be right" even when you're not.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:59 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    AvengerRam wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:BTW, I edited my post because Harvin actually weighed in at 192lbs at the combine. Not sure where or when the 184 came into play. May have been a listed weight from college.

You are such a tool.

No, you're just too stupid to get it.

You claim that Harvin is more than 184, his listed weight on the Seahawks' site, but you have no facts to back it up. You then claim that 184 was merely his combine weight, only to then come to the realization that he weighed MORE at the combine. Despite this, you continue to assert that Harvin is "10-15 pounds more than" Austin.

So, in the end, you have NO FACTS, and have simply chosen to ignore the one current source (Seahawks.com) that provides an answer.

In other words, you're a tool.
    AvengerRam
    NET Starter

Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:03 pm
  • AvengerRam wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    AvengerRam wrote:
    You are such a tool.

No, you're just too stupid to get it.

You claim that Harvin is more than 184, his listed weight on the Seahawks' site, but you have no facts to back it up. You then claim that 184 was merely his combine weight, only to then come to the realization that he weighed MORE at the combine. Despite this, you continue to assert that Harvin is "10-15 pounds more than" Austin.

So, in the end, you have NO FACTS, and have simply chosen to ignore the one current source (Seahawks.com) that provides an answer.

In other words, you're a tool.

I don't need to have proof that I'm correct. This isn't a court of law. Just because you seem to be under the impression that players are constantly weighed and that weight is posted doesn't mean that I have to prove that lunacy inaccurate.

The fact that I went back and checked what I was saying only shows I'm capable of checking up on myself and admitting when I have some part of what I said wrong...which I did.

Go ahead...prove me wrong. I challenge you to do so. Nate Newton once weighed over 400 lbs but he was never listed over 325 lbs or so. I can't help it if you don't already know that.

If knowing something you don't know makes someone a tool, then it appears that 90% of the world are tools in your estimation. I feel comfortable being one of those people.

I'm too stupid? Nice 2nd grade response....um...YOU'RE UGLY!!!
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:13 pm
  • RamzFanz wrote:Hey, don't shoot the messenger. I've been watching football long enough to be a reasonable judge of talent. This is the real deal.

But you are also a fan, which means there is the very real possibility that you are seeing what you WANT to see rather than what is actually there. There's nothing wrong with that--we all do it and some more than others--but don't make the mistake of thinking you are giving anything close to an objective report on your team.

For all the time you spend talking about your team's advantages, you are glossing over its biggest obstacle: the fact that they play in a division with two very good teams that appear to be legitimate Super Bowl contenders. Seattle and San Francisco are proven playoff teams. St. Louis has proven nothing at this point. Maybe the Rams are as good as you say; nobody on this board would dispute the possibility. But that may also turn out to be nothing more than wishful thinking on your part. Looking like a champion in August is a lot different than playing like a champion in January.
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:19 pm
  • Shadowhawk wrote:
    RamzFanz wrote:Hey, don't shoot the messenger. I've been watching football long enough to be a reasonable judge of talent. This is the real deal.

But you are also a fan, which means there is the very real possibility that you are seeing what you WANT to see rather than what is actually there. There's nothing wrong with that--we all do it and some more than others--but don't make the mistake of thinking you are giving anything close to an objective report on your team.

For all the time you spend talking about your team's advantages, you are glossing over its biggest obstacle: the fact that they play in a division with two very good teams that appear to be legitimate Super Bowl contenders. Seattle and San Francisco are proven playoff teams. St. Louis has proven nothing at this point. Maybe the Rams are as good as you say; nobody on this board would dispute the possibility. But that may also turn out to be nothing more than wishful thinking on your part. Looking like a champion in August is a lot different than playing like a champion in January.

This.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:47 pm
  • AvengerRam wrote:

Actually they would, IF Harvin had not proven the ability to make plays, he has, he has had injuries also. Point is Harvin is like asking for extra sprinkles on ice cream we have receivers, we got to the second round of the playoffs last year with them, Austin is being depicted as the Ice cream by Rams fans.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:55 pm
  • RamzFanz wrote:

The man has no pride! He runs out of bounds and goes down like a $2 wh... well, you know what I mean. I was watching his highlight reel and in this one play he was trapped on the sideline by three defenders who were going to pound him. So he stutter steps. At first I thought he was trying to pull a move but then I realised he was just forcing them to change speed and direction so they wouldn't have the angle or momentum to put the hit on him. He takes the yards left and steps out.

You think a guy getting swing passes and short routes from the slot or crossing the middle is going to have a sideline to duck into? You think an end around or a guy in the backfield is going to avoid 300-pound lineman standing him up while safeties and linebackers finish him off? You think him fielding a Kick off and coming inside or trying to come across the grain or receiving a Punt and waiting for a guy at full speed to time his hit won't be highlight film hit material?

He may get a few break a ways here and there granted most of the guys I listed did also, but even those listed players who proved they could play took abusive punishment in the types of situations I just listed. Also his speed isn't that much better then most NFL speed, college he looked like a thoroughbred in a plow horse race, they are all thoroughbreds in the NFL.

I know one thing, as a CB, Safety, Linebacker or Gunner, if I have a shot on a guy that small I unload, to seperate the ball and yes take him out and make the team weaker. Nothijng against the player, but it would make the Rams weaker and give what ever team is playing less options.

I'm not talking trying to purposely end the guys career, but lay a lick on him so he won't be so apt to play without thinking about who's going to lay the next lick on him versus where the ball is. Kind of like a Vernon Davis hit.
    Last edited by chris98251 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:02 pm
  • AvengerRam wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

How many athletes are at the height and weight stated, guys under 6 foot by up to a couple inches get listed at 6 foot many times, guys at 6 foot at 6' 2", guys thin at heavier weights, guys big at lighter weights, especially in college reports, why the combine is so diligent at putting these guys thru every measurement they can think off. Trying to find the truth, even then it can be leaked incorrectly or kept quiet so people don't get any inside info if a team is interested.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:22 pm
  • Shadowhawk wrote:
    RamzFanz wrote:Hey, don't shoot the messenger. I've been watching football long enough to be a reasonable judge of talent. This is the real deal.

It's not me. I haven't been to camp.

NFL.com analyst Daniel Jeremiah was and he said Tavon Austin "easily could surpass" 70 receptions as a rookie.

NFL.com analyst Mike Mayock also took a trip to Rams camp and said "I watched all of his tape, I saw him in person at his pro day. He might be the most explosive player I've ever seen in my life, from a static start to full speed," "He's almost impossible to cover in short spaces. So the ways you can use this are basically only constrained by the imagination of your offensive coordinator." "he catches everything, he's tough, he's smart, and I think he's a guy that Sam Bradford already trusts."

Sports Illustrated's Peter King says he has "not seen a better offensive weapon" this summer than Jared Cook.

I could go on and on and on. These aren't homers.
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:33 pm
  • Everthing from Marvin and the other two ram dorks: TL;DR
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:22 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:A Niner fan and a Ram fan having a slap fight on a Seahawks fan board.

That is all there is on this forum anymore. It's getting old.

Apparently their boards suck so bad they feel they have to come here for attention.
    OrFan
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:33 pm
  • OrFan wrote:
    SacHawk2.0 wrote:A Niner fan and a Ram fan having a slap fight on a Seahawks fan board.

Apparently their boards suck so bad they feel they have to come here for attention.

LOL.

Not that it matters but I spent a lot of that time defending a SEAHAWK.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:48 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    OrFan wrote:
    SacHawk2.0 wrote:A Niner fan and a Ram fan having a slap fight on a Seahawks fan board.

LOL.

Not that it matters but I spent a lot of that time defending a SEAHAWK.

You shut your dirty whore mouth!!
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:04 am
  • OrFan wrote:

I think its entertaining as hell.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:35 am
  • RichNhansom wrote:Austin wasn't the best receiver at WV. Stedman Bailey was (also drafted by the Rams) and what your ignoring about Austin is why you bring him in. It's not because you think he will have elite numbers it is because defenses cannot ignore him. It is a very large part of the reason Bailey had 1600 yards and 26 TD's his senior year alone and still wasn't considered a top draft prospect. It's what I refer to as the Harvin effect. Austin doesn't have to be a elite target to have a strong benefit to the offense.

^ This ^

Whether he turns out to be a superstar or not, anyone with half a brain should be able to see that such a player is going to draw quite a bit of attention from defenses. Doesn't matter if he's a Ram, Seahawk, 49er, or whatever.

However, Marvin49 seems to believe that he's the only one that can make claims on the kid's future while everyone else has to wait and see what happens. :lol:
    Thread Killer
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:01 am
  • LOL, you sure changed your tune quickly. First it was:

RamzFanz wrote:See, I've watched a LOT of TA and I think you're not seeing how this guy survives and thrives.

Now?

RamzFanz wrote:It's not me. I haven't been to camp.

So, first we were supposed to believe you because you claim to be a reasonable judge of talent. Now we are supposed to believe you because you found a couple of quotes from a couple of sportswriters? You're not exactly putting together a coherent argument here.

Once again, looking good in August doesn't mean you'll look good in January. Prove it in the regular season. Then we'll talk.
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:17 am
  • How many athletes are at the height and weight stated, guys under 6 foot by up to a couple inches get listed at 6 foot many times, guys at 6 foot at 6' 2", guys thin at heavier weights, guys big at lighter weights, especially in college reports, why the combine is so diligent at putting these guys thru every measurement they can think off. Trying to find the truth, even then it can be leaked incorrectly or kept quiet so people don't get any inside info if a team is interested.

And yet, Marvin insisted that Harvin is at least 10-15 pounds heavier than Austin. If the information on the teams' websites can't be relied upon (which again, show an 8 pound weight difference), then presumably he would have another source before making such a definitive assertion.

He has NO SOURCE, other than the voices in his head.

As for Rams/Whiners battles here, nobody should be surprised. The Rams and Whiners have hated each other since before there was an NFL franchise in Seattle.
    AvengerRam
    NET Starter

Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:59 am
  • AvengerRam wrote:
    How many athletes are at the height and weight stated, guys under 6 foot by up to a couple inches get listed at 6 foot many times, guys at 6 foot at 6' 2", guys thin at heavier weights, guys big at lighter weights, especially in college reports, why the combine is so diligent at putting these guys thru every measurement they can think off. Trying to find the truth, even then it can be leaked incorrectly or kept quiet so people don't get any inside info if a team is interested.

And yet, Marvin insisted that Harvin is at least 10-15 pounds heavier than Austin. If the information on the teams' websites can't be relied upon (which again, show an 8 pound weight difference), then presumably he would have another source before making such a definitive assertion.

He has NO SOURCE, other than the voices in his head.

As for Rams/Whiners battles here, nobody should be surprised. The Rams and Whiners have hated each other since before there was an NFL franchise in Seattle.

I have COMMON SENSE, some thing you clearly lack. You also have no proof that I'm WRONG about listed weights. I don't NEED proof to prove something that well known if you have been a fan for more than 10 minutes. LISTED WEIGHTS DON'T CHANGE EVERY YEAR.

Even if you're right (which you're not) we are talking about a freakin' 2 lb difference. LOL. Have him eat a good turkey dinner and its over 10 lbs. Are you so deparate to be right that you are arguing 2 freakin lbs!?!

...and he says I'M a tool. Wow
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:43 am
  • Shadowhawk wrote:LOL, you sure changed your tune quickly. First it was:

RamzFanz wrote:See, I've watched a LOT of TA and I think you're not seeing how this guy survives and thrives.

Now?

RamzFanz wrote:It's not me. I haven't been to camp.

So, first we were supposed to believe you because you claim to be a reasonable judge of talent. Now we are supposed to believe you because you found a couple of quotes from a couple of sportswriters? You're not exactly putting together a coherent argument here.

Once again, looking good in August doesn't mean you'll look good in January. Prove it in the regular season. Then we'll talk.

I should have said I've watched a LOT of TA on tape.

You'll see.
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie

Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:47 am
  • RamzFanz wrote:
    I should have said I've watched a LOT of TA on tape.

You'll see.

Oh, well, that just clears it all up for us. We bow down to your expertise.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

PreviousNext

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:25 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information