Who will cover the Rams?

RamzFanz

Reaction score
How do you see the Hawks D covering Givens, Cook, TA, and another wideout to be named soon?

Just looking for insight into the Hawks secondary.

Who will cover a 4.25 slot, 4.35 wideout receiver set with a 4.5 TE leading a 4.35 RB?

Thoughts?

chris98251

Reaction score
Is that how long in minutes it's going to take to get off the turf, or how many days they will sit out of practice after our games?

Washington had the Smurfs back in the day, the formula for defending them was simply knock the crap out of them off the line or when they try to make a catch. It's why receivers kept getting bigger. There is no team more physical in the secondary then we are at the moment.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
RamzFanz":3byxc30t said:
How do you see the Hawks D covering Givens, Cook, TA, and another wideout to be named soon?

Who will cover a 4.25 slot, 4.35 wideout receiver set with a 4.5 TE leading a 4.35 RB?

Thoughts?

Nobody. It's hopeless. You guys are so uber awesome. We have no chance and they should just hand the Lombardi to you now. Can't wait to see Bradford going to Disneyland. God you are so cool.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2vvbm3hc said:
RamzFanz":2vvbm3hc said:

Thoughts?

Nobody. It's hopeless. You guys are so uber awesome. We have no chance and they should just hand the Lombardi to you now. Can't wait to see Bradford going to Disneyland. God you are so cool.
Nicely done.

kearly

Reaction score
RamzFanz":3ct6irpi said:

Thoughts?

Pead sucks, and won't start. Richardson or Stacy will be your starter, most likely (my guess is Stacy. Good news: he's decent. Though he's not very fast). Cook is a good athlete, but that's all. Austin and Bailey are legit, but will probably take 3 years to be good if they are like 90% of NFL WRs. The Rams are ridiculously thin at WR/TE even after the additions, btw. RB is the only spot on your offense where there is robust competition, and even then it's by some buy low guys that you hope and pray will be the next Alfred Morris. Only problem is, Alfred Morris had RG3 and the read option to make him look good. So good luck with that.*

Bradford is sub-mediocre too. If you are lucky, the Rams will get cremated this year and have a real shot at dealing for Bridgewater or Boyd in 2014. I see many years of 6 to 8 win seasons keeping you in the mediocrity bubble with Bradford though. Being held down by a QB is something Seahawks fans know all too well over the decades.

*but in all seriousness, I like Stacy and Richardson. Thunder and Lightning. You could do a lot worse. Pead sucks ass though. Over-rated before the 2012 draft, and a non-factor in the NFL so far.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Seattle's standard defense of fast guys is to just beat the shit out of them.
Hard to run fast with a limp.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I'm just going to continue posting this on every Rams thread where they talk about the speed on that team:

welker-hit-10-14-12.gif

or how about this one:

VernonDavisCrushed_original.gif

Still not convinced?

Fightpack

Even our wide receivers know what's up:

Lee2

Sweet dreams.

JFair

Reaction score
RamzFanz":2m2il937 said:

Thoughts?

Wow...those numbers are something. Looks like some of those fantastic Raiders teams of the last few years. If it were only that simple to be a great player in the NFL scouting would be easy.

I think the Rams are building a good team. You may be asking a bit much of 40 times though. We shall see.

Throwdown

Reaction score
If he's serious, he must have forgot we also got Winfield now too, have fun with that mediocre QB trying to throw on us, and if the pass is what we hope it is? Rams are gonna get smashed.

sutz

Reaction score
RamzFanz":3h525t77 said:

Thoughts?
Obviously, Russell Wilson has proven that one needn't be tall to be successful, but I think you may need some receivers taller than that.

;)

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Track speed means jack squat unless these kids can beat the jam. They will be facing off against the best secondary ever to play the game. You are asking the wrong question, honestly. What you should be asking is whether or not your dainty receivers will find ways to get open against us.

13thMan

Reaction score
Niners are still the only team in the NFCW that scares me... Run along now.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I think the best secondary in the league should have at least a slim chance against that hall of fame worthy set of offensive weaponry.

13thMan

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":hbmmwdbm said:
Yeah I think the best secondary in the league should have at least a slim chance against that hall of fame worthy set of offensive weaponry.

Matter of fact, why wait? Maybe they can get Bradford on a plane to Canton immediately?

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Speed doesn't matter when receivers are getting smashed at the line of scrimmage.

The Seahawks are proven against quality teams like Green Bay, New England, and Chicago. Seattle beat these teams by a total of 9 points (61-52 overall) in clutch situations. These same teams as a collective manhandled St. Louis to the tone of 98-33. All these teams have or had a legit talent at WR/TE, and the only name that can say had his way against Seattle was Brandon Marshall. I don't think either Austin or Bailey are on that guys level (not right now) and they'll never be 6'4"/250lbs that can still run a 4.5 forty.

The Chicago game is also know as the game that platformed Seattle to what it is right now. Players really started to rally behind Russell Wilson, and Seattle finished the season out scoring opponents 170-43 over the last quarter of the season.

You guys lost to Butt Fumble and the Jets...just throwing that out there.

What have Tayvon Austin and Steadman Bailey done in the NFL? Oh, they ran fast for scouts in shorts and scrapped a bit with their pads on for a little bit at Rams Park...cool...I guess.

I'd be stoked if they were showing signs of something special, and I would share some articles/sound bites/video of them this off season putting on a show. But, I wouldn't make a claim before having more concrete evidence to support it, and quite frankly the original post presented non of that. 40 times are fun for kids, scouts, and player cards...other than that they don't mean jack.

Here's some other 4.4 or under 40 yard dashers for your entertainment (thanks BR!) http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...o-could-run-sub-44s-at-the-nfl-combine/page/1 Not a very imposing list, but I'm sure they'll give the Seahawks fits...

Come back during weeks 8 and 17 when Austin/Bailey have played against the big boys and you actually have some ammunition.

KillerB

Reaction score
Another Wideout To Be Named Soon, in particular, will pose a coverage challenge. The Legion is suitably impressed by guys who run fast in shorts on a track.