Who will cover the Rams?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Who will cover the Rams?
Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:04 am
  • How do you see the Hawks D covering Givens, Cook, TA, and another wideout to be named soon?

Just looking for insight into the Hawks secondary.

Who will cover a 4.25 slot, 4.35 wideout receiver set with a 4.5 TE leading a 4.35 RB?

Thoughts?
    FSOT- Fastest Show On Turf - 2013 RAMS
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie

Re: Who will cover the Rams?
Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:06 am
  • Bradford's incompletions will cover them nicely.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:12 am
  • Is that how long in minutes it's going to take to get off the turf, or how many days they will sit out of practice after our games?

Washington had the Smurfs back in the day, the formula for defending them was simply knock the crap out of them off the line or when they try to make a catch. It's why receivers kept getting bigger. There is no team more physical in the secondary then we are at the moment.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:42 am
  • RamzFanz wrote:How do you see the Hawks D covering Givens, Cook, TA, and another wideout to be named soon?

Who will cover a 4.25 slot, 4.35 wideout receiver set with a 4.5 TE leading a 4.35 RB?

Thoughts?

Nobody. It's hopeless. You guys are so uber awesome. We have no chance and they should just hand the Lombardi to you now. Can't wait to see Bradford going to Disneyland. God you are so cool.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:03 am
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    RamzFanz wrote:How do you see the Hawks D covering Givens, Cook, TA, and another wideout to be named soon?

Thoughts?

Nobody. It's hopeless. You guys are so uber awesome. We have no chance and they should just hand the Lombardi to you now. Can't wait to see Bradford going to Disneyland. God you are so cool.
    Nicely done.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:56 am
  • RamzFanz wrote:Who will cover a 4.25 slot, 4.35 wideout receiver set with a 4.5 TE leading a 4.35 RB?

Thoughts?

Pead sucks, and won't start. Richardson or Stacy will be your starter, most likely (my guess is Stacy. Good news: he's decent. Though he's not very fast). Cook is a good athlete, but that's all. Austin and Bailey are legit, but will probably take 3 years to be good if they are like 90% of NFL WRs. The Rams are ridiculously thin at WR/TE even after the additions, btw. RB is the only spot on your offense where there is robust competition, and even then it's by some buy low guys that you hope and pray will be the next Alfred Morris. Only problem is, Alfred Morris had RG3 and the read option to make him look good. So good luck with that.*

Bradford is sub-mediocre too. If you are lucky, the Rams will get cremated this year and have a real shot at dealing for Bridgewater or Boyd in 2014. I see many years of 6 to 8 win seasons keeping you in the mediocrity bubble with Bradford though. Being held down by a QB is something Seahawks fans know all too well over the decades.

*but in all seriousness, I like Stacy and Richardson. Thunder and Lightning. You could do a lot worse. Pead sucks ass though. Over-rated before the 2012 draft, and a non-factor in the NFL so far.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:31 am
  • Seattle's standard defense of fast guys is to just beat the shit out of them.
    Hard to run fast with a limp.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:10 am
  • I'm just going to continue posting this on every Rams thread where they talk about the speed on that team:

or how about this one:

Still not convinced?

Even our wide receivers know what's up:

Sweet dreams.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:01 am
  • RamzFanz wrote:How do you see the Hawks D covering Givens, Cook, TA, and another wideout to be named soon?

Thoughts?

Wow...those numbers are something. Looks like some of those fantastic Raiders teams of the last few years. If it were only that simple to be a great player in the NFL scouting would be easy.

I think the Rams are building a good team. You may be asking a bit much of 40 times though. We shall see.
    JFair
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:08 am
  • If he's serious, he must have forgot we also got Winfield now too, have fun with that mediocre QB trying to throw on us, and if the pass is what we hope it is? Rams are gonna get smashed.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:08 am

Thoughts?

Obviously, Russell Wilson has proven that one needn't be tall to be successful, but I think you may need some receivers taller than that.

;)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:28 am
  • Track speed means jack squat unless these kids can beat the jam. They will be facing off against the best secondary ever to play the game. You are asking the wrong question, honestly. What you should be asking is whether or not your dainty receivers will find ways to get open against us.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:34 am
  • If only we had a decent secondary.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:39 pm
  • Niners are still the only team in the NFCW that scares me... Run along now.
    13thMan
    NET Rookie

Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:46 pm
  • Yeah I think the best secondary in the league should have at least a slim chance against that hall of fame worthy set of offensive weaponry.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:54 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:Yeah I think the best secondary in the league should have at least a slim chance against that hall of fame worthy set of offensive weaponry.

Matter of fact, why wait? Maybe they can get Bradford on a plane to Canton immediately?
    13thMan
    NET Rookie

Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:08 pm
  • The Rams offense wont be any better than last year
    mretrade
    NET Starter

Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:31 pm
  • The legion of boom says hi.
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:06 pm
  • Speed doesn't matter when receivers are getting smashed at the line of scrimmage.

The Seahawks are proven against quality teams like Green Bay, New England, and Chicago. Seattle beat these teams by a total of 9 points (61-52 overall) in clutch situations. These same teams as a collective manhandled St. Louis to the tone of 98-33. All these teams have or had a legit talent at WR/TE, and the only name that can say had his way against Seattle was Brandon Marshall. I don't think either Austin or Bailey are on that guys level (not right now) and they'll never be 6'4"/250lbs that can still run a 4.5 forty.

The Chicago game is also know as the game that platformed Seattle to what it is right now. Players really started to rally behind Russell Wilson, and Seattle finished the season out scoring opponents 170-43 over the last quarter of the season.

You guys lost to Butt Fumble and the Jets...just throwing that out there.

What have Tayvon Austin and Steadman Bailey done in the NFL? Oh, they ran fast for scouts in shorts and scrapped a bit with their pads on for a little bit at Rams Park...cool...I guess.

I'd be stoked if they were showing signs of something special, and I would share some articles/sound bites/video of them this off season putting on a show. But, I wouldn't make a claim before having more concrete evidence to support it, and quite frankly the original post presented non of that. 40 times are fun for kids, scouts, and player cards...other than that they don't mean jack.

Here's some other 4.4 or under 40 yard dashers for your entertainment (thanks BR!) http://bleacherreport.com/articles/576474-2011-nfl-draft-10-players-who-could-run-sub-44s-at-the-nfl-combine/page/1 Not a very imposing list, but I'm sure they'll give the Seahawks fits...

Come back during weeks 8 and 17 when Austin/Bailey have played against the big boys and you actually have some ammunition.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:31 pm
  • Another Wideout To Be Named Soon, in particular, will pose a coverage challenge. The Legion is suitably impressed by guys who run fast in shorts on a track.
    SeaChase wrote:One thing I noticed,well in my opinion,is that Wilson isnt a good passer.
    KillerB
    NET Rookie

Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:46 pm
  • AbsolutNET wrote:If only we had a decent secondary.

Right!?!?
    MagHawk
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:56 pm
  • SouthSoundHawk wrote:Speed doesn't matter when receivers are getting smashed at the line of scrimmage.

The Seahawks are proven against quality teams like Green Bay, New England, and Chicago. Seattle beat these teams by a total of 9 points (61-52 overall) in clutch situations. These same teams as a collective manhandled St. Louis to the tone of 98-33. All these teams have or had a legit talent at WR/TE, and the only name that can say had his way against Seattle was Brandon Marshall. I don't think either Austin or Bailey are on that guys level (not right now) and they'll never be 6'4"/250lbs that can still run a 4.5 forty.

The Chicago game is also know as the game that platformed Seattle to what it is right now. Players really started to rally behind Russell Wilson, and Seattle finished the season out scoring opponents 170-43 over the last quarter of the season.

You guys lost to Butt Fumble and the Jets...just throwing that out there.

What have Tayvon Austin and Steadman Bailey done in the NFL? Oh, they ran fast for scouts in shorts and scrapped a bit with their pads on for a little bit at Rams Park...cool...I guess.

I'd be stoked if they were showing signs of something special, and I would share some articles/sound bites/video of them this off season putting on a show. But, I wouldn't make a claim before having more concrete evidence to support it, and quite frankly the original post presented non of that. 40 times are fun for kids, scouts, and player cards...other than that they don't mean jack.

Here's some other 4.4 or under 40 yard dashers for your entertainment (thanks BR!) http://bleacherreport.com/articles/576474-2011-nfl-draft-10-players-who-could-run-sub-44s-at-the-nfl-combine/page/1 Not a very imposing list, but I'm sure they'll give the Seahawks fits...

Come back during weeks 8 and 17 when Austin/Bailey have played against the big boys and you actually have some ammunition.

/thread
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:35 pm
  • please oh please, thread starter, COME BACK IN HERE!

Good lord! Nicely done .net! Just straight MOLLYWHOPPED the guy!

I have a strong urge to play Nas' "Ether" right now.
    MESSAGE TO THE 12TH MAN : IF YOU LEAVE THE CLINK WITH YOUR VOICE, UR DOING IT WRONG.
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:40 pm
  • BTW, the damn BRANDON BROWNER THUNDERDUSTING of Wesley, GOLDEN TATE'S SHELLACKING of S. Lee and BAM BAM'S "DISINFECTING" of V.D. are ALL LIFE CHANGING HITS!
    MESSAGE TO THE 12TH MAN : IF YOU LEAVE THE CLINK WITH YOUR VOICE, UR DOING IT WRONG.
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:01 am
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    RamzFanz wrote:How do you see the Hawks D covering Givens, Cook, TA, and another wideout to be named soon?

Thoughts?

:lol:
    mr.stlouis
    NET Rookie

Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:15 am

Thoughts?

On top of Seattle having a great secondary, they really are good at injuring players. :3-1:

Meaning, it's not too hard to cover a WR when he's on the bench with a concussion. Tavon, meet Mr. Sherman. :mrgreen:
    Giedi
    NET Starter

Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:05 am
  • With absolutely nobody in the rams backfield that scares anyone, I think the Seahawks go press 1 on 1 against EVERY WR the rams roll out and blitz the hell out of Sam the ram. Sam has never done well against pressure. With his receivers unable to get off the line on their timing routes, I doubt "covering the rams" will be too difficult for the Seahawks. They will definitely have a better chance against EVERY other team than they will with Seattle.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:17 am
  • The players you named and the one you didn't, only run those times when they run against a stopwatch. It's a different story on the game field. Come on man. You know this stuff.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:21 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:The players you named and the one you didn't, only run those times when they run against a stopwatch. It's a different story on the game field. Come on man. You know this stuff.

No, he really doesn't. He doesn't know any of this stuff.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:47 pm
  • It's funny... it seems like just last season I went down to London to watch an utterly embarrassing performance by the St. Louis Rams. A display so poor that there was no notorious wait for the train outside Wembley Stadium because everyone had gone home long before the end.

Oh wait... it was last season.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:10 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:It's funny... it seems like just last season I went down to London to watch an utterly embarrassing performance by the St. Louis Rams. A display so poor that there was no notorious wait for the train outside Wembley Stadium because everyone had gone home long before the end.

Oh wait... it was last season.

That game and the Jets game are why I am hesitant this year, even though I am very excited about my team. Last year was wonderful to me overall.

Coming off of the worst 5 year losing streak in NFL history, I think Rams have done good to build up. Still a lot to develop and prove though. I believe they will over time.

If it's suddenly this year, I will be extremely happy though I don't expect it. And I will never get the mindset of this type of slam posting.
    Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:04 pm
  • I just love that we're supposed to be worried about a wide receiver to be named later.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:10 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:I just love that we're supposed to be worried about a wide receiver to be named later.

It's Helmick. :)

Local MO boy.
    Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:44 am
  • I just don't see where all this confidence for the Hawks vs Rams is coming from.

Last season the Rams scored on the Hawks with no O line and almost no O weapons. They beat the Hawks at home and almost beat them away.

This season the Rams have Givens, a proven speedster deep threat, Austin, a super elusive speedster, Bailey, who has great hands and a huge catch radius, Quick, coming into his own as a reliable receiver, Cook, an undeniable fast athlete and huge target, and Kendricks who is a solid TE. Add Richardson and Stacey and I think the Hawks will be facing an offense that is next to impossible to cover. You can't just blitz a team with that many targets, they'll 5 yard you every blitz.

Seriously. I see a lot of smack talk but no real answers.
    FSOT- Fastest Show On Turf - 2013 RAMS
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie

Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:55 am
  • You barely scored like 2 TD's against us, bro. First match up we practically let you win.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:08 am
  • RamzFanz wrote:I just don't see where all this confidence for the Hawks vs Rams is coming from.

Last season the Rams scored on the Hawks with no O line and almost no O weapons. They beat the Hawks at home and almost beat them away.

This season the Rams have Givens, a proven speedster deep threat, Austin, a super elusive speedster, Bailey, who has great hands and a huge catch radius, Quick, coming into his own as a reliable receiver, Cook, an undeniable fast athlete and huge target, and Kendricks who is a solid TE. Add Richardson and Stacey and I think the Hawks will be facing an offense that is next to impossible to cover. You can't just blitz a team with that many targets, they'll 5 yard you every blitz.

And you won't, you don't want to.
    Your offensive line is better, but by no means good. Your secondary is still a problem. You still get gashed by good run games, no matter the pass rush prowess of your front 7. You are still counting on rookies to dominate. You still are under the assumption that Bradford just needed more weapons, he was some kind of distilled goodness just waiting years to be good. You are assuming Richardson and co can carry the load and hold up, just pick up Steven Jackson's mantle.

You have left no room for other teams to get better in your self fellating model. Like only the Rams had an off season and everyone else stayed the same. You have elevated rookies into finished products in your own mind. You have assumed that your 2nd year players will just get better. Givens? Yawn. Seattle allowed less big plays than anyone last year, and there is no reason to think that will change, in fact the secondary got better. Our bugaboo was 3rd receivers. Hello Winfield. Fast tight ends are no problem, ours is the D that derped Vernon Davis. Is Cook as good as Vernon Davis? I thought not. Has Richardson cured his butter fingers? I like Steadman Bailey, good pickup. Austin looks like a good kick returner. Your quarterback is never going to justify his draft position, though.

I think the Rams have some good tools. They look to be a fringe playoff contender. Jeff Fisher is a good coach who has always been good at playing for 2nd place in his division.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:29 am
  • First time poster as well as a Rams fan (don't worry, I come in peace). While I am excited about this upcoming season, I don't agree with coming on another team's forum and starting threads such as this. While I am confident that the Rams will take the next step this year, it is crazy to make the claims I have read coming from a couple of these Rams fans. With that, I would have to disagree with the point that the offensive line is not good. Granted, this is assuming health, but one can not argue an offensive line with Jake Long and Saffold as your tackles, Wells at center, and Dahl at right guard. There is a battle for the left guard position, but whoever the starter is will be competent. The offensive line will be good especially considering the job Boudreau did with far less talent (Barry Richardson anyone?) last season. I know some of these posts from Seahawks fans has more to do with this ridiculous thread being started in the first place, but I believe the Rams will surprise those who truly believe they will not do well. This is a new season and remember, most people didn't expect Seattle to have the success they had last season.
    dcbshowstopper
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:13 am
  • Scottemojo wrote: Has Richardson cured his butter fingers? I like Steadman Bailey, good pickup. Austin looks like a good kick returner. Your quarterback is never going to justify his draft position, though.

I was bored last night and NFLN was replaying the Rams - Browns game so I was curious what the Rams looked like on offense. When I saw Richardson run, I thought of MJD. Without the toughness. Or the bowling ball physique. Really, I just thought of a short skinny guy who's going to get mauled. And then I saw him drop an easily catchable ball over the middle. I really hope he's the starting running back for the Rams. I really do.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:21 am
  • Nice post DCB,
    As for the games last year (this is for Ramfanz) game at your house was one by ST's with no help from your offense in fact your kicker had to perform miracles and a trick play was your only TD.

Game two was a game we were playing for nothing. A loss had no effect and we just came off frlivering three complete ass woopins so the fact we Stoll won is pretty significant.

Reality is you managed to hold serve to a team playing for nothing. It's not like your games against the Niners.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:43 am
  • RichNhansom wrote:Nice post DCB,
    As for the games last year (this is for Ramfanz) game at your house was one by ST's with no help from your offense in fact your kicker had to perform miracles and a trick play was your only TD.

Game two was a game we were playing for nothing. A loss had no effect and we just came off frlivering three complete ass woopins so the fact we Stoll won is pretty significant.

Reality is you managed to hold serve to a team playing for nothing. It's not like your games against the Niners.

I hate to counterpoint this and give Rams fans ammo, but there was still a slight chance we'd have won the division with a Rams win. Granted, it was almost a foregone conclusion SF was going to beat the Cards, but the possibility remained. Furthermore, I don't think Pete would ever let his team 'play for nothing'. Always compete.

The Rams played us well. They'll play us well again this year because of the familiarity. Records don't really matter much in the division, ya know? (Unless you're the Browns.)
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:41 am
  • Rams ain't gonna beat the Hawks.... but, by god, we're rooting for them to do the niners again this season.

(a couple unbelievable 60 yard FGs and a desperate trick play, still makes me laugh and shake my head.)
    LawlessHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:56 am
  • OK....

I know some of us Niner fans can be annoying to you guys...

...but these Rams fans take it to a whole new level.

I RESPOND to posts by Seattle fans. I don't START posts that are Niner related and I don't post completely asanine comments about how you can't stop the Rams receivers with the best secondary in the NFL.

How do you stop them? You Jam them at the line with 6'3" and 6'4" cornerbacks and cover the slot reciever with one of the best CBs in the game over the last several years. A better question is how to the Rams receivers walk out of that game upright with no support from the run game.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:01 am
  • RamzFanz wrote:I just don't see where all this confidence for the Hawks vs Rams is coming from.

OMG...the delusion from St. Louis is insane.

Listen here....what was your schedule outside the division last year? The only reason you had a good divisional record is largely attributed to miracles and inexerienced QBs. Guess what? Those QBs aren't inexperienced this year. Wilson has a full year under his belt. Kaep has 10 games and played on the biggest stage. Palmer is a HUGE upgrade in Arizona regardless of his age.

Good luck going .500 this year. You're best 2 offensive players walked out the door. You're new miracle worker rookie is 5'8" and 170 lbs and you have Alex Smith the Sequel at QB.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:10 am
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:
    RichNhansom wrote:Nice post DCB,

I hate to counterpoint this and give Rams fans ammo, but there was still a slight chance we'd have won the division with a Rams win. Granted, it was almost a foregone conclusion SF was going to beat the Cards, but the possibility remained. Furthermore, I don't think Pete would ever let his team 'play for nothing'. Always compete.

The Rams played us well. They'll play us well again this year because of the familiarity. Records don't really matter much in the division, ya know? (Unless you're the Browns.)
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:16 am
  • The Rams situation is fascinating...

Best record in the NFC West last year, but of all 8 teams in the league with best of division record, by far the worst interconference/intraconference play. Losses to the Jets at home, a blowout loss to Patriots in neutral territory (when the rest of the West beat them), barely beating Buffalo. Just doesn't add up. Their only quality win I'd say was against Washington, with the help of home field advantage.

Don't know how to explain it. Looks like they just target players and schemes to takedown SF & Seattle. If all you ever wanted to do was just beat one team in the league, it's not terribly hard to do.

I looked at the Cowboys last year and how well they did in their division, nearly sweeping the Giants who are clearly a better team in the sense of the NFC and NFL. But they matched up better to them on defense than the 49ers have.

Last year we also saw a Charlie Batch led Steeler team beat the Ravens in Baltimore. Enough said.

Division games all need asterisks. :)
    NINEster
    NET Rookie

Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:25 am
  • NINEster wrote:The Rams situation is fascinating...

Best record in the NFC West last year, but of all 8 teams in the league with best of division record, by far the worst interconference/intraconference play. Losses to the Jets at home, a blowout loss to Patriots in neutral territory (when the rest of the West beat them), barely beating Buffalo. Just doesn't add up. Their only quality win I'd say was against Washington, with the help of home field advantage.

Don't know how to explain it. Looks like they just target players and schemes to takedown SF & Seattle. If all you ever wanted to do was just beat one team in the league, it's not terribly hard to do.

I looked at the Cowboys last year and how well they did in their division, nearly sweeping the Giants who are clearly a better team in the sense of the NFC and NFL. But they matched up better to them on defense than the 49ers have.

Last year we also saw a Charlie Batch led Steeler team beat the Ravens in Baltimore. Enough said.

Division games all need asterisks. :)

I can't speak for the Seahawk matchups....but they tied the 49ers in the first matchup with great play from Steven Jackson and Danny Amendola (both no longer on the team) and in the Game where Alex Smith got hurt. Kudos to them on that one...they played well on O and beat a QB in his first extended game action. Additionally, the 49ers have had trouble with big, bruising backs (see Lynch, Marshawn, Peterson, Adrian, and Jackson, Steven). In the second matchup the Rams couldn't do ANYTHING on O. The Rams O scored a grand total of 3 points in regulation. The other 10 were on a safety that was incorrectly called on Kaep (the ball DID cross the LOS out of bounds...which counts) and an unforced error on a pitch to Ginn and a less than steller effort from Ginn to recover the fumble (plus a 2 point conversion).

To act like somehow the Rams dominated the 49ers last year is less than honest. I think the Seattle loss doesn't mean all people think it means...but at least that was a dominant win by Seattle and not a game in which the other team effectively handed them the game.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:47 pm
  • I'd just like to add something here to all of my fellow .netters. Don't sleep on the Rams. I'd hate to lose to a lesser team because of overconfidence. To the OP. I'm more afraid of your coach than I am of your wr's.
    Oh DonkoSpurt We Hardly Knew Ye!
    samwize77
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:59 pm
  • samwize77 wrote:I'd just like to add something here to all of my fellow .netters. Don't sleep on the Rams. I'd hate to lose to a lesser team because of overconfidence. To the OP. I'm more afraid of your coach than I am of your wr's.

Since we won't be playing the game, our level of confidence won't matter.
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:06 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:I can't speak for the Seahawk matchups....but they tied the 49ers in the first matchup with great play from Steven Jackson and Danny Amendola (both no longer on the team) and in the Game where Alex Smith got hurt. Kudos to them on that one...they played well on O and beat a QB in his first extended game action. Additionally, the 49ers have had trouble with big, bruising backs (see Lynch, Marshawn, Peterson, Adrian, and Jackson, Steven). In the second matchup the Rams couldn't do ANYTHING on O. The Rams O scored a grand total of 3 points in regulation. The other 10 were on a safety that was incorrectly called on Kaep (the ball DID cross the LOS out of bounds...which counts) and an unforced error on a pitch to Ginn and a less than steller effort from Ginn to recover the fumble (plus a 2 point conversion).

To act like somehow the Rams dominated the 49ers last year is less than honest. I think the Seattle loss doesn't mean all people think it means...but at least that was a dominant win by Seattle and not a game in which the other team effectively handed them the game.

Seems that someone has forgotten that football is a game of offense, defense, and special teams where the team with the most points wins. It doesn't matter if the offense could only score 3 points in regulation if the other units are doing their jobs and the team has more points at the end of the game. Even in the imaginary world where all 49ers errors are unforced and apparently players get hurt on there own.

Not that any of this matters for 2013 games, but Steven Jackson averaged only 3.5 yards per carry with 29 carries for 101 yards in that 1st game. His backup and probably the 2013 Rams starter averaged 8.3 yards per carry on 7 carries for 58 yards. BTW, Jackson averaged 2.3 yards per carry (21 for 48) in the Rams victory during the 2nd game.

Danny Amendola was huge in the tie game, but didn't play in the Rams victory vs. the 49ers. Just one of the 20 or so games he's missed the past couple of seasons.

Both players could have been re-signed if the Rams really wanted or deemed they needed them. In fact, the team let Jackson out of his contract. Seems the organization (the guys with all the info) didn't think as highly of them as you do.
    Thread Killer
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:56 pm
  • The "you lost your two best players" thing throws me off. SJ39 didn't have his best games against either team and as stated before Amendola missed a whole lot of time. The running backs are going to surprise a lot of people this season as Fisher is moving to committee approach, so it will be hard for Richardson to wear down. We can go back and forth about last season and how this game and that game was won, but it won't prove anything. I don't think the Rams will go 4-1-1 in the division again, but this will be a much improved team.
    dcbshowstopper
    NET Bench Warmer

Next

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:14 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information