Aldon Smith thinks he can get 30 sacks in a season

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:Clearly, if Aldon didn't have that torn labrum he would have sacked Wilson on that play.

....and clearly if Justin Smith had played that day Aldon would have gotten the sack.

We can both play that game. :D

Nah...Wilson is just slippery as a snake....tough to get a clean hit on the guy.

Although, Aldon did sack Wilson earlier in the season when they played in SF. Wasn't a big hit or anything but it was a pretty clean hit.
    SF49r
    NET Rookie

• Scottemojo wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:Clearly, if Aldon didn't have that torn labrum he would have sacked Wilson on that play.

....and clearly if Justin Smith had played that day Aldon would have gotten the sack.

Both are true.
    I have waited all off season for you to tell the truth. Finally.

LOL.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Aldon Smith might get 20 sacks in the GB opener alone. I can see him getting 10 the rest of the season.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• KCHawkGirl wrote:
    lvnginhwktwn wrote:So he has a goal, if he makes 30 great, if he only comes close that's great too. I would rather have a player with high expectations of himself and possibly a little over confident, than have one with a lack of confidence.

Just a tad overconfident you're maintaining? Yeah ok, a high goal is understandable this ridiculousness is just stupid, full stop, no pass go.

Agreed. Aldon is talented, but he's full of crap. This is something you don't say to the media. Niners will fall hard this year.
    mr.stlouis
    NET Rookie

• loafoftatupu wrote:Aldon Smith might get 20 sacks in the GB opener alone. I can see him getting 10 the rest of the season.

I'll bet Aaron Rodgers's ego will make him throw the ball away more after his embarrassment at Seattle, even if his O-line is unimproved. No QB you call elite should ever take 8 sacks in one half no matter HOW bad your O-line is failing you. End of story. No excuses. You do what Brady and Peyton do, and throw the damned ball away if you are about to be sacked. Granted, they both have good O-lines and Rodgers doesn't, but Rodgers still took more sacks than Peyton and Brady COMBINED last year. For someone who does the "firing a pistol and blowing off the barrel" routine when he runs for like 7 yards, he should be ashamed at taking so many sacks.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Aldon Smith was dropped on his head somewhere along the line also.....
    hawksman53
    NET Veteran

• mr.stlouis wrote:
    KCHawkGirl wrote:
    lvnginhwktwn wrote:So he has a goal, if he makes 30 great, if he only comes close that's great too. I would rather have a player with high expectations of himself and possibly a little over confident, than have one with a lack of confidence.

Just a tad overconfident you're maintaining? Yeah ok, a high goal is understandable this ridiculousness is just stupid, full stop, no pass go.

Agreed. Aldon is talented, but he's full of crap. This is something you don't say to the media. Niners will fall hard this year.

When the 49ers sucked, I said the same thing about Lenard Little.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

• Giedi wrote:When the 49ers sucked, I said the same thing about Lenard Little.

Big difference, though.

Aldon hasn't killed anybody yet.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Giedi wrote:When the 49ers sucked, I said the same thing about Lenard Little.

Big difference, though.

This.

Worse...Little killed somebody when he was drunk driving....and then learned so much from that experience that he was caught AGAIN drunk driving. Scum of the earth.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Giedi wrote:When the 49ers sucked, I said the same thing about Lenard Little.

Big difference, though.

Maybe Aldon will go after the guy that stabbed him. There's still time.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:23 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information