Surprise rival for seahawks...

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:08 pm
  • RamzFanz wrote:"Williamson: I don't feel confident about it because there are giant unknowns. Brian Quick is one of them. They are so young. You hear all these great things about Austin Pettis, but he hasn't played much. Tavon Austin is an unknown. Stedman Bailey is an unknown. I like what's there. I don't think any of them are going to have Larry-like numbers. It'll be week to week. But if I had to take all the Rams' wideouts or all the Seahawks' wideouts without Harvin, I would take the Rams. There is a lot of talent there."

    http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... r-injuries


    That reasoning is flat out awful. Why you would quote it, I have no idea. So williamson is ranking them second, solely based on the fact that "there is a lot of talent" there? 1, that is incredibly subjective (and based on what evidence?). 2, he even says they are almost completely comprised of unknowns. Everyone said great things about the guys you drafted last year, and they crapped the bed, and will continue to crap in it. Austin and Bailey need to play in the NFL, and prove they can do anything. Just a silly analysis IMO.
    User avatar
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2957
    Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:26 am


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:15 pm
  • Lady Talon wrote:
    Perhaps you meant the Big East instead of the SEC? There's a rather large dropoff.

    Have the Rams never picked up a rookie first round WR that didn't live up to expectations or something? Good luck hoping they both break NFL single season receiving yardage records and TD records simultaneously, based solely upon their Big East numbers and fan wishes.


    Big 12. Sorry. I meant Big 12.

    All TA needs to do is return well and contribute at WR. That, with Givens, Cook, Kendricks, will far outproduce last season. The rest is frosting on the cake.
    FSOT- Fastest Show On Turf - 2013 RAMS
    Image
    User avatar
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 134
    Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:18 pm


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:22 pm
  • Coug_Hawk08 wrote:
    That reasoning is flat out awful. Why you would quote it, I have no idea. So williamson is ranking them second, solely based on the fact that "there is a lot of talent" there? 1, that is incredibly subjective (and based on what evidence?). 2, he even says they are almost completely comprised of unknowns. Everyone said great things about the guys you drafted last year, and they crapped the bed, and will continue to crap in it. Austin and Bailey need to play in the NFL, and prove they can do anything. Just a silly analysis IMO.


    You reach a point where the talent is so sweet and so deep at a position it is reasonable to assume enough will produce based upon their history.

    I'm a skeptic. I was NOT raving about the prospects last season.

    Not this season. It's too deep to ignore. The guys you say thet "crapped the bed" because they are taking time to develop? Do you know anything about WRs in the NFL? Givens rocked with a rookie record 5 consecutive games with a 50+ yard catch and Quick and Pettis are looking like it's break out time.
    FSOT- Fastest Show On Turf - 2013 RAMS
    Image
    User avatar
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 134
    Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:18 pm


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:22 pm
  • 60niners wrote:You two should make the bet and the proceeds go to the winner's charity of choice.


    I notice you weren't jumping in.
    FSOT- Fastest Show On Turf - 2013 RAMS
    Image
    User avatar
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 134
    Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:18 pm


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:30 pm
  • hawk45 wrote:The secondary is the unquestionable strength of the defense and Rams and Bradford are going to take it apart?

    Not buying it. 9ers are the number one threat by far.


    I'm not what you asked, either. The strength of the Rams D is their D-Line.

    Long-Langford-Brockers-Quinn

    That's could be tops in the NFL.
    mr.stlouis
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 154
    Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:00 am


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:38 pm
  • RamzFanz wrote:
    Coug_Hawk08 wrote:
    That reasoning is flat out awful. Why you would quote it, I have no idea. So williamson is ranking them second, solely based on the fact that "there is a lot of talent" there? 1, that is incredibly subjective (and based on what evidence?). 2, he even says they are almost completely comprised of unknowns. Everyone said great things about the guys you drafted last year, and they crapped the bed, and will continue to crap in it. Austin and Bailey need to play in the NFL, and prove they can do anything. Just a silly analysis IMO.


    You reach a point where the talent is so sweet and so deep at a position it is reasonable to assume enough will produce based upon their history.

    I'm a skeptic. I was NOT raving about the prospects last season.

    Not this season. It's too deep to ignore. The guys you say thet "crapped the bed" because they are taking time to develop? Do you know anything about WRs in the NFL? Givens rocked with a rookie record 5 consecutive games with a 50+ yard catch and Quick and Pettis are looking like it's break out time.


    I second this. Man knows what he's talking about.

    Pettis had the best spring which surprised Ram fans. He's coming into his own.

    Don't sleep on Quick! He has the tools and came from a small school. Reports say he is looking a lot more comfortable and is making plays. Here's an example of his progression...

    http://instagram.com/p/ccglDZgr8t/

    He doesn't come close to running the route that well this time last season. He's getting more polished all the time. That's a credit to our coaches.
    mr.stlouis
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 154
    Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:00 am


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:41 pm
  • RamzFanz wrote:
    Coug_Hawk08 wrote:
    That reasoning is flat out awful. Why you would quote it, I have no idea. So williamson is ranking them second, solely based on the fact that "there is a lot of talent" there? 1, that is incredibly subjective (and based on what evidence?). 2, he even says they are almost completely comprised of unknowns. Everyone said great things about the guys you drafted last year, and they crapped the bed, and will continue to crap in it. Austin and Bailey need to play in the NFL, and prove they can do anything. Just a silly analysis IMO.


    You reach a point where the talent is so sweet and so deep at a position it is reasonable to assume enough will produce based upon their history.

    I'm a skeptic. I was NOT raving about the prospects last season.

    Not this season. It's too deep to ignore. The guys you say thet "crapped the bed" because they are taking time to develop? Do you know anything about WRs in the NFL? Givens rocked with a rookie record 5 consecutive games with a 50+ yard catch and Quick and Pettis are looking like it's break out time.


    Talent does not directly = production. No one on that team has proved anything offensively in the NFL, period.

    You are a skeptic? Lol, hope we dont get any of those overly optimistic rams fans around :roll:

    Arent you kind of proving my point by saying WRs take a long time to develop? You are telling me Austin and Bailey are gong to come in day one and take the NFL by storm, and then you say WRs take a while. . . Again "looking like", and actually doing it are totally different. Rams offense = joke until otherwise PROVEN during the regular season. You guys are really running with a few camp write-ups.
    User avatar
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2957
    Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:26 am


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:08 pm
  • Coug_Hawk08 wrote:Talent does not directly = production. No one on that team has proved anything offensively in the NFL, period.

    You are a skeptic? Lol, hope we dont get any of those overly optimistic rams fans around :roll:

    Arent you kind of proving my point by saying WRs take a long time to develop? You are telling me Austin and Bailey are gong to come in day one and take the NFL by storm, and then you say WRs take a while. . . Again "looking like", and actually doing it are totally different. Rams offense = joke until otherwise PROVEN during the regular season. You guys are really running with a few camp write-ups.


    You should be reasonable and stop putting words in my mouth.

    No one on the team has proved anything offensively? Not Bradford? Not Givens? Not Cook? Not Kendricks? Not Richardson? Not Wells or Saffold or long?

    Dude, the offense that went undefeated by the Niners, swept the Cards, and Split and almost swept the Hawks, is now WAY more talented. Proven? Some yes, some no. DEEPLY TALENTED? Yep.

    Will TA and Bailey be the next coming of (enter favorite WRs here)? Nope, maybe not the first season or ever. Are they the frosting on an already well baked cake? Yep.

    Consider this:

    The Hawks have trouble with small, fast, elusive receivers. TA is a small, lightning fast, and elusive receiver.
    The Hawks have a very mobile QB who used that to split last season. Now the Rams have Ogletree.
    The Rams had the WORST average field position in the NFL last season. If TA ONLY improves on that, they will win a lot more.

    If the Rams have not yet created an NFL monster, they HAVE created an NFC-W monster.
    FSOT- Fastest Show On Turf - 2013 RAMS
    Image
    User avatar
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 134
    Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:18 pm


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:16 pm
  • Coug_Hawk08 wrote:
    RamzFanz wrote:
    Coug_Hawk08 wrote:
    That reasoning is flat out awful. Why you would quote it, I have no idea. So williamson is ranking them second, solely based on the fact that "there is a lot of talent" there? 1, that is incredibly subjective (and based on what evidence?). 2, he even says they are almost completely comprised of unknowns. Everyone said great things about the guys you drafted last year, and they crapped the bed, and will continue to crap in it. Austin and Bailey need to play in the NFL, and prove they can do anything. Just a silly analysis IMO.


    You reach a point where the talent is so sweet and so deep at a position it is reasonable to assume enough will produce based upon their history.

    I'm a skeptic. I was NOT raving about the prospects last season.

    Not this season. It's too deep to ignore. The guys you say thet "crapped the bed" because they are taking time to develop? Do you know anything about WRs in the NFL? Givens rocked with a rookie record 5 consecutive games with a 50+ yard catch and Quick and Pettis are looking like it's break out time.


    Talent does not directly = production. No one on that team has proved anything offensively in the NFL, period.

    You are a skeptic? Lol, hope we dont get any of those overly optimistic rams fans around :roll:

    Arent you kind of proving my point by saying WRs take a long time to develop? You are telling me Austin and Bailey are gong to come in day one and take the NFL by storm, and then you say WRs take a while. . . Again "looking like", and actually doing it are totally different. Rams offense = joke until otherwise PROVEN during the regular season. You guys are really running with a few camp write-ups.


    that chick... :shock: Wow
    mr.stlouis
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 154
    Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:00 am


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:45 pm
  • You really should get off your pushing your rookie talent as a sign of NFC West dominance. lol

    None of us care about Ogletree. When I see him knocking Lynch on his rear and nailing RW in the backfield, I'll take notice of him. Ogletree has proved nothing in the NFL except he can earn glowing reports in scrimmages versus his own team.

    There were reasons the Hawks had trouble with those types of receivers last year. A perpetually hurting Nickel CB in Trufant among them. In case you haven't noticed the Seahawks addressed the very problem you speak of with a nickel CB that has proven a thing or two in the NFL.

    If your planning on winning the 2012 NFC West, you had your chance at it. 2013 is a new year.

    Your offense had little to do with the Seahawks losing in St. Louis last year. Your defense ended the game off an interception when a receiver fell down on his route. Since you know the Hawks had issues with little speedy receivers last year, I think you'd also figure if that receiver didn't fall, Russell Wilson would have at the least been knocking on the door to win that game, as he had a knack for it.

    There are no almost wons in the NFL. You gave us trouble in the Clink, but winning or losing that game wouldn't have even changed our playoff berthing, not exactly a crowning acheivement to have made it close. As flawed thinking there as the 49ers that say you barely didn't lose against them because their kicker was average.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    User avatar
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 757
    Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:55 am


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:18 pm
  • I get the feeling that if Jesse Lumsden broke a 10 yard run against the Rams all world defense in training camp these guys would predict him for a 2,000 yard season. Never before have I seen so much arrogance based on practice.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18604
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:21 pm
  • Lady Talon wrote:You really should get off your pushing your rookie talent as a sign of NFC West dominance. lol

    None of us care about Ogletree. When I see him knocking Lynch on his rear and nailing RW in the backfield, I'll take notice of him. Ogletree has proved nothing in the NFL except he can earn glowing reports in scrimmages versus his own team.

    There were reasons the Hawks had trouble with those types of receivers last year. A perpetually hurting Nickel CB in Trufant among them. In case you haven't noticed the Seahawks addressed the very problem you speak of with a nickel CB that has proven a thing or two in the NFL.

    If your planning on winning the 2012 NFC West, you had your chance at it. 2013 is a new year.

    Your offense had little to do with the Seahawks losing in St. Louis last year. Your defense ended the game off an interception when a receiver fell down on his route. Since you know the Hawks had issues with little speedy receivers last year, I think you'd also figure if that receiver didn't fall, Russell Wilson would have at the least been knocking on the door to win that game, as he had a knack for it.

    There are no almost wons in the NFL. You gave us trouble in the Clink, but winning or losing that game wouldn't have even changed our playoff berthing, not exactly a crowning acheivement to have made it close. As flawed thinking there as the 49ers that say you barely didn't lose against them because their kicker was average.


    Your logic is not creative and common.

    In a nut shell, for those who are paying attention, game one, the Rams will field a better defense. Will they stay healthy and better? Who knows.

    They will also field an offense you've never seen before. One that fits Bradford's strongest talents and one that is a huge departure from what you've ever seen from the Rams. They have deep talent at all sizes, speeds, and styles. If it's only mediocre it will be better than the team that beat and challenged the Hawks last season.

    Back to the OP who is sending up the insightful flare, you KNOW the Niners are weaker. They should not be more of a worry to the Hawks.

    Now, if you're paying attention, you might just agree that the Rams could be the bigger challenge.

    The Rams are SO FAST on both O and D it really is shocking everyone. Add in a stronger O line and deep potential, and it gets very exciting.

    Just so you get what I'm saying, we KNOW the Hawks will be good. What most don't know is that the Rams potential for being just as good this season or next, is nearly off the charts.
    FSOT- Fastest Show On Turf - 2013 RAMS
    Image
    User avatar
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 134
    Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:18 pm


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:45 pm
  • I know your potential is there, basing predictions that you have closed the gap on teams that are in the running off rookie LBs containing RW and thats that. As well as rookie WRs that are suddenly going to destroy a top 5 defense because it was weak to speedy little WRs yet took steps to improve that very weakness, is homerism in the first degree. Potential can get you nowhere as well. The lessons of NFL history haven't been suspended because you are excited about your team. lol
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    User avatar
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 757
    Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:55 am


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:59 pm
  • Lady Talon wrote:I know your potential is there, basing predictions that you have closed the gap on teams that are in the running off rookie LBs containing RW and thats that. As well as rookie WRs that are suddenly going to destroy a top 5 defense because it was weak to speedy little WRs yet took steps to improve that very weakness, is homerism in the first degree. Potential can get you nowhere as well. The lessons of NFL history haven't been suspended because you are excited about your team. lol


    Chris Long "Guys like myself and James who have been here the whole time have been really lucky to just kind of ride it out through the bad, and now we're on the upswing," Long said. "I really believe that. We have evidence to believe, we have reason to believe."

    That is one of a thousand quotes I could deliver that Rams fans haven't seen in a decade that lead me to believe it's the real deal. I know nothing EXCEPT these guys aren't bluffing. It's not in their character or history.

    Don't pretend that the Rams didn't hand the Hawks their hats WITHOUT Ogletree and this new perfect storm offense, they did. As a losing team they did.

    What I wonder the most about the Hawks as a divisional rival coming to the Edward Jones Dome is will being game 8 mean they benefit from the wear and tear of 7 games or be most harmed because the Rams have half a season to prepare and learn.

    It's obvious I won't convince you that a storms coming, but it is. Maybe not for the Hawks and maybe not for the NFL, but for many teams a storm is coming.

    (and they don't see it)
    FSOT- Fastest Show On Turf - 2013 RAMS
    Image
    User avatar
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 134
    Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:18 pm


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:11 pm
  • It's funny. You keep using the term perfect storm offense, and yet you don't have a running back half as good as Lynch or a QB a third as good as Wilson. If you think that Bradford throwing checkdowns is a perfect storm offense, just wait until your tiny little receivers meet a bad end at the hands of Browner, Chancellor, or Thomas. Speed kills, but so does getting trucked by someone 50 pounds bigger than you.

    See gif below (repeated from page 3)

    Image
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

    RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 15445
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:17 pm
  • You don't have to convince me the Rams could improve drastically, I've said so here to the delight of other Hawk fans.

    However, if your going to assume your team lives in a bubble of improvement because of untested rookies and training camp statements (Really? take a look at our fan forum, and you can find pie in the sky statements from players we trust as well), while everyone else stayed the same, the only place your convincing is a Rams board. You essentially have a 1 year sampling size of playing division rivals well (while bombing against some other teams spectacularly). Enough room for concern. But not until I see your product in a game that matters.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    User avatar
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 757
    Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:55 am


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:46 pm
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:It's funny. You keep using the term perfect storm offense, and yet you don't have a running back half as good as Lynch or a QB a third as good as Wilson. If you think that Bradford throwing checkdowns is a perfect storm offense, just wait until your tiny little receivers meet a bad end at the hands of Browner, Chancellor, or Thomas. Speed kills, but so does getting trucked by someone 50 pounds bigger than you.


    What I'm loving most about this off season is I can point out a dozen reasons why the Rams will be far superior to their previous selves, who were STILL competitive in the NFCW, and the opposing fans have nothing to offer.

    If Wilson is more than 3 times better than Bradford and the Hawks D is better than the Rams, how did they beat the Hawks once and almost twice?!?! Wasn't "Mr Elusive" Wilson sacked 8 times and didn't he throw 3 interceptions last season BEFORE the Rams had Ogletree? Didn't Mr 1/3 of Wilson throw more TDs with NO offensive weapons?

    Ah well, we will see on the field soon enough. I'm sorry the Hawks blew 25 Million on a receiver the Rams don't get to play, it could have made it interesting.
    FSOT- Fastest Show On Turf - 2013 RAMS
    Image
    User avatar
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 134
    Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:18 pm


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:54 pm
  • Lady Talon wrote:You don't have to convince me the Rams could improve drastically, I've said so here to the delight of other Hawk fans.

    However, if your going to assume your team lives in a bubble of improvement because of untested rookies and training camp statements (Really? take a look at our fan forum, and you can find pie in the sky statements from players we trust as well), while everyone else stayed the same, the only place your convincing is a Rams board. You essentially have a 1 year sampling size of playing division rivals well (while bombing against some other teams spectacularly). Enough room for concern. But not until I see your product in a game that matters.


    The last season mattered where the Hawks lost and almost lost twice. Now the Rams are going to field a far superior team to last season and the Hawks won't but the results will be worse for the Rams?

    Seriously, I played fantasy football before anyone had any idea what it was and when you had to declare which newspaper you considered official because no one (other than myself) even had a computer much less internet.

    This Rams potential is massive. Not good, not great, massive. Proven? Nope. Guaranteed? Nope? Potential? HUGE!

    ESPN commentators just said today they would take the Rams WRs over the Hawks even though they are unproven. That was the first time I heard any agreement by the MSM that the Rams have huge upside at WR. Even the numbskulls are seeing it.

    Now let's look at the Hawks and Niners. Have they done anything that is going to work out to a huge advantage? Nope. Hawks are as good and maybe a little better than last season and the Niners are worse.

    Welcome to the world of reason and logic based upon possibilities.

    By the way, in 26 years I've never taken lower than 4th in 13 team fantasy football. I know talent when I see it.

    ...and my profile pic has underboob so your opinion is invalid.
    FSOT- Fastest Show On Turf - 2013 RAMS
    Image
    User avatar
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 134
    Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:18 pm


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:00 pm
  • Lol he wants a gold star for being competitive, cute.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19208
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:06 pm
  • How did those unbeatable Rams go 3-7 outside the NFC West? Division rivals regularly play each other tough. Maybe Ogletree gets you 4 more wins this year? Maybe he will play so well you can pull out a win versus the Jets?
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    User avatar
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 757
    Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:55 am


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:07 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:Lol he wants a gold star for being competitive, cute.


    Wilson was sacked 8 times by the Rams. Kappy was sacked 8 times by the Rams. Rams knocked Smith out which is why Kappy is even playing today.

    The Rams earned their gold star in the NFCW by owning the NFCW. Now they will earn respect NFL wide. It's so obvious its silly not to see it. They just probably went from strong irritation to see of you can do this.

    I know this will cause your panties to bind, but they may very well sweep the NFCW. You read it here first football fans.
    FSOT- Fastest Show On Turf - 2013 RAMS
    Image
    User avatar
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 134
    Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:18 pm


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:11 pm
  • Image
    "We're the 49ers, we can do whatever we want" - The Great Jim Harbaugh -
    User avatar
    Comeinpeace
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 128
    Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:11 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:25 pm
  • Lady Talon wrote:How did those unbeatable Rams go 3-7 outside the NFC West? Division rivals regularly play each other tough. Maybe Ogletree gets you 4 more wins this year? Maybe he will play so well you can pull out a win versus the Jets?


    You're missing the point, aren't you?

    The Rams O and O line SUCKED A$$ last season yet they STILL pulled off the NFCW domination and almost a winning season.

    I'm sure come game 8 you'll all be talking about what I am now, so you might as well focus on game one. By the time the Hawks roll into STL, you won't be so senselessly cocky.

    Hawks have a great team. Lots of wasted $$$ on stupid aquisitions, but they are still sweet. Rams HAD a decent team. Lots of very well spent money and draft choices and now they have the POTENTIAL to compete with the Hawks. The Niners are done.
    FSOT- Fastest Show On Turf - 2013 RAMS
    Image
    User avatar
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 134
    Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:18 pm


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:28 pm
  • Rams honestly dont scare me until at minimum they replace Bradford. They overachieved last year (especially in the division) and will settle at around 6-10 or 7-9 AFTER making some offseason upgrades. Not sure why people on here think they are even close to the talent of Seattle and San Fran
    User avatar
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3511
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:29 pm
  • RamzFanz wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:Lol he wants a gold star for being competitive, cute.


    Wilson was sacked 8 times by the Rams. Kappy was sacked 8 times by the Rams. Rams knocked Smith out which is why Kappy is even playing today.

    The Rams earned their gold star in the NFCW by owning the NFCW. Now they will earn respect NFL wide. It's so obvious its silly not to see it. They just probably went from strong irritation to see of you can do this.

    I know this will cause your panties to bind, but they may very well sweep the NFCW. You read it here first football fans.


    Ram logic. 3rd place is owning the NFC West.

    Your team finished with a losing record and had a -50 point differential (11th worst in the league). You werent that good and its not going to miraculously change based on a few unproven rookies.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18604
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:29 pm
  • so, nothing on losing by over two touchdowns to the butt fumbler and his disaster of a team? You have the answers to everything else...
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    User avatar
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 757
    Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:55 am


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:38 pm
  • therealjohncarlson wrote:Rams honestly dont scare me until at minimum they replace Bradford. They overachieved last year (especially in the division) and will settle at around 6-10 or 7-9 AFTER making some offseason upgrades. Not sure why people on here think they are even close to the talent of Seattle and San Fran


    It's easy to say that now. Just wait, Bradford is going to give you plenty of reason to be afraid. It won't surprise me if he has a better year than Wilson in our new offense.
    mr.stlouis
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 154
    Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:00 am


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:41 pm
  • RamzFanz wrote:You're missing the point, aren't you?

    The Rams O and O line SUCKED A$$ last season yet they STILL pulled off the NFCW domination and almost a winning season.

    Actually, your O-line was remarkably consistent at an average (slightly above average, even) level. They ranked 14th in run blocking and 13th in pass protection per Football Outsiders. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/OL

    Whatever argument you're preparing to argue against this with, just stop; because whatever flaws DVOA has, it applies to all lines in the league.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26413
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:43 pm
  • therealjohncarlson wrote:Rams honestly dont scare me until at minimum they replace Bradford. They overachieved last year (especially in the division) and will settle at around 6-10 or 7-9 AFTER making some offseason upgrades. Not sure why people on here think they are even close to the talent of Seattle and San Fran


    You hang around on Hawks' forums and have no idea who the Rams are this season, yes? I get it. It's difficult. No bumper sticker logic.

    Here's some bumper sticker for you, Rams suck yet they owned the Hawks last season. Where does that leave you?
    FSOT- Fastest Show On Turf - 2013 RAMS
    Image
    User avatar
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 134
    Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:18 pm


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:44 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Ram logic. 3rd place is owning the NFC West.

    Your team finished with a losing record and had a -50 point differential (11th worst in the league). You werent that good and its not going to miraculously change based on a few unproven rookies.


    ...and no one said it would. Good for you. Baby steps.
    FSOT- Fastest Show On Turf - 2013 RAMS
    Image
    User avatar
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 134
    Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:18 pm


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:45 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    RamzFanz wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:Lol he wants a gold star for being competitive, cute.


    Wilson was sacked 8 times by the Rams. Kappy was sacked 8 times by the Rams. Rams knocked Smith out which is why Kappy is even playing today.

    The Rams earned their gold star in the NFCW by owning the NFCW. Now they will earn respect NFL wide. It's so obvious its silly not to see it. They just probably went from strong irritation to see of you can do this.

    I know this will cause your panties to bind, but they may very well sweep the NFCW. You read it here first football fans.


    Ram logic. 3rd place is owning the NFC West.

    Your team finished with a losing record and had a -50 point differential (11th worst in the league). You werent that good and its not going to miraculously change based on a few unproven rookies.


    Miraculously? Poor choice in words. I guess Cook and Long are unproven rookies, too. You are blatantly bias in your team. Being impracticle doesnt help your cause. Whatever, just go place back under the rock and don't remove it again.
    mr.stlouis
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 154
    Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:00 am


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:46 pm
  • RamzFanz wrote:
    therealjohncarlson wrote:Rams honestly dont scare me until at minimum they replace Bradford. They overachieved last year (especially in the division) and will settle at around 6-10 or 7-9 AFTER making some offseason upgrades. Not sure why people on here think they are even close to the talent of Seattle and San Fran


    You hang around on Hawks' forums and have no idea who the Rams are this season, yes? I get it. It's difficult. No bumper sticker logic.

    Here's some bumper sticker for you, Rams suck yet they owned the Hawks last season. Where does that leave you?


    First of all, you have no clue who the Rams are this season either, nobody does. Its not even August yet.

    And to answer your last question, it left us In the playoffs, while the Rams were sitting at home. Just like after this season. You have 45 posts in the last day and a half, don't you have a Rams forum you can go hang out on?
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18604
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:48 pm
  • mr.stlouis wrote:It's easy to say that now. Just wait, Bradford is going to give you plenty of reason to be afraid. It won't surprise me if he has a better year than Wilson in our new offense.


    Oh, give me a freaking break. How delusional are you? Let's compare their stats. I'll even cherry-pick Bradford's best stats regardless of what year they're from.

    Wilson: 64.1% completion rating, 7.9 yard average, 26 TDs, 10 ints, 33 sacks, 100 passer rating.
    Bradford: 60.00% completion rating, 6.7 yard average, 21 TDs, 6 ints (only played half the season in that year, though), 34 sacks, 82.6 passer rating.

    That's right, in 3 years, Bradford hasn't had a single major stat as good as the ones from Wilson's rookie season. Hell, in Bradford's half-season last year he STILL took more sacks (36) than Wilson did in a full 16 games in his ROOKIE year! Also remember that I picked Bradford's BEST stats from his whole NFL career to date, not all the ones from his best year.

    This isn't even debatable. Bradford has to improve by a good margin to even have a reasonable discussion about holding Wilson's jockstrap.

    Good Lord, some of you Rams fans are delusional. You have a nasty case of "Luck-itis"; Bradford was the #1 overall pick, so he has to be awesome. Yeah, right. :roll:
    Last edited by RolandDeschain on Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26413
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:49 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    RamzFanz wrote:You're missing the point, aren't you?

    The Rams O and O line SUCKED A$$ last season yet they STILL pulled off the NFCW domination and almost a winning season.

    Actually, your O-line was remarkably consistent at an average (slightly above average, even) level. They ranked 14th in run blocking and 13th in pass protection per Football Outsiders. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/OL

    Whatever argument you're preparing to argue against this with, just stop; because whatever flaws DVOA has, it applies to all lines in the league.


    That's mostly second half of the season play. You remember, where Bradford had a 101.2 red zone QB rating, better than Manning and Rodgers? No, no you don't. They were injured most of the first half. That's the O line you will see this season WITH J Long IF they stay healthy.
    FSOT- Fastest Show On Turf - 2013 RAMS
    Image
    User avatar
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 134
    Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:18 pm


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:50 pm
  • RamzFanz wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    RamzFanz wrote:You're missing the point, aren't you?

    The Rams O and O line SUCKED A$$ last season yet they STILL pulled off the NFCW domination and almost a winning season.

    Actually, your O-line was remarkably consistent at an average (slightly above average, even) level. They ranked 14th in run blocking and 13th in pass protection per Football Outsiders. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/OL

    Whatever argument you're preparing to argue against this with, just stop; because whatever flaws DVOA has, it applies to all lines in the league.


    That's mostly second half of the season play. You remember, where Bradford had a 101.2 red zone QB rating, better than Manning and Rodgers? No, no you don't. They were injured most of the first half. That's the O line you will see this season WITH J Long IF they stay healthy.


    Oh, well if you want to talk second half of the season, then the Seahawks roflstomped every other offense in the league and it's not even close. Also, if your line improved in the second half but still managed to rank 14th and 13th on the season, then your line finished in the top 7 or 8 in the latter part of the season.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26413
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:58 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    mr.stlouis wrote:It's easy to say that now. Just wait, Bradford is going to give you plenty of reason to be afraid. It won't surprise me if he has a better year than Wilson in our new offense.


    Oh, give me a freaking break. How delusional are you? Let's compare their stats. I'll even cherry-pick Bradford's best stats regardless of what year they're from.

    Wilson: 64.1% completion rating, 7.9 yard average, 26 TDs, 10 ints, 33 sacks, 100 passer rating.
    Bradford: 60.00% completion rating, 6.7 yard average, 21 TDs, 6 ints (only played half the season in that year, though), 34 sacks, 82.6 passer rating.

    That's right, in 3 years, Bradford hasn't had a single major stat as good as the ones from Wilson's rookie season. Hell, in Bradford's half-season last year he STILL took more sacks (36) than Wilson did in a full 16 games in his ROOKIE year! Also remember that I picked Bradford's BEST stats from his whole NFL career to date, not all the ones from his best year.

    This isn't even debatable. Bradford has to improve by a good margin to even have a reasonable discussion about holding Wilson's jockstrap.

    Good Lord, some of you Rams fans are delusional. You have a nasty case of "Luck-itis"; Bradford was the #1 overall pick, so he has to be awesome. Yeah, right. :roll:


    ...and the short bus rolls in.

    Go look at Bradford's rookie records on a HORRIBLE team. Now look at Wilson losing to Bradford once and almost twice while a rookie on an excellent team. Pretty much says it all.

    Wilson is a good QB on a great team. Not great, just good. Switch their teams over those seasons and Wilson is no one. Didn't the Rams sack him 8 times last season? Mr. Elusive? THREE interceptions?
    FSOT- Fastest Show On Turf - 2013 RAMS
    Image
    User avatar
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 134
    Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:18 pm


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:04 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Oh, well if you want to talk second half of the season, then the Seahawks roflstomped every other offense in the league and it's not even close. Also, if your line improved in the second half but still managed to rank 14th and 13th on the season, then your line finished in the top 7 or 8 in the latter part of the season.


    ...wait...didn't the Hawks pull off the win with just 1:45 left in the regular season? I mean, that's a win and all, good job, but the Rams O SUCKED. How is that "roflstomped" again?

    No worries, I see you're on a "we were great but it was just bad luck" high. I'm going to go smoke the "we sucked and still schooled you" stuff. It's a much better high because it's real.

    This season is coming. Enjoy your memories while you can.
    FSOT- Fastest Show On Turf - 2013 RAMS
    Image
    User avatar
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 134
    Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:18 pm


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:11 pm
  • LOL the short bus rolls in. You know what? Good QBs help their teams. Yours doesn't. Also, way to point out one game when he was referring to the second half of the season.

    You have no excuses for Bradford. Bad O-line? Already proved that wrong. No weapons at WR? Well, the Seahawks WR corps was considered a joke before Wilson came, and all of a sudden they were good and effective with him passing.

    Stop making excuses for him.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26413
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:15 pm
  • Lmao, Russel inherited a great team. He tied Manqueens rookie TD record, with receivers that you have shat on in this very thread, yet RW had the dream team to work with.

    Either you've lost your football marbles, or you've never had any.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    User avatar
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 757
    Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:55 am


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:15 pm
  • RamzFanz wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    mr.stlouis wrote:It's easy to say that now. Just wait, Bradford is going to give you plenty of reason to be afraid. It won't surprise me if he has a better year than Wilson in our new offense.


    Oh, give me a freaking break. How delusional are you? Let's compare their stats. I'll even cherry-pick Bradford's best stats regardless of what year they're from.

    Wilson: 64.1% completion rating, 7.9 yard average, 26 TDs, 10 ints, 33 sacks, 100 passer rating.
    Bradford: 60.00% completion rating, 6.7 yard average, 21 TDs, 6 ints (only played half the season in that year, though), 34 sacks, 82.6 passer rating.

    That's right, in 3 years, Bradford hasn't had a single major stat as good as the ones from Wilson's rookie season. Hell, in Bradford's half-season last year he STILL took more sacks (36) than Wilson did in a full 16 games in his ROOKIE year! Also remember that I picked Bradford's BEST stats from his whole NFL career to date, not all the ones from his best year.

    This isn't even debatable. Bradford has to improve by a good margin to even have a reasonable discussion about holding Wilson's jockstrap.

    Good Lord, some of you Rams fans are delusional. You have a nasty case of "Luck-itis"; Bradford was the #1 overall pick, so he has to be awesome. Yeah, right. :roll:


    ...and the short bus rolls in.

    Go look at Bradford's rookie records on a HORRIBLE team. Now look at Wilson losing to Bradford once and almost twice while a rookie on an excellent team. Pretty much says it all.

    Wilson is a good QB on a great team. Not great, just good. Switch their teams over those seasons and Wilson is no one. Didn't the Rams sack him 8 times last season? Mr. Elusive? THREE interceptions?

    Wilson also lost to Kolb, Alex Smith and Tannehill, using dumbass logic, he must really suck. But beat RGIII, Rodgers, Brady, using your same stupid logic, he is the gawdamm truth.
    As I recall, Wilson never took one snap with Bradford playing D. Let that sink in for a second while I find you missing chromosome, ewe fool.
    And on that same shitty 2010 team (your words, not mine), your wunderkind got beat by Charlie effin WHitehurst (using you stupid logic), and that was a shit Hawks team. What the hell is your point? Is Bradford worse than Charlie Whitehurst?

    So really, you didn't say shit. Except that you are a 26 year old dumb ass who was still jerkin to the JCP catalog the last time the Rams were any good, and thinks he gots some football savvy because he plays him some fantasy football.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11244
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:22 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    mr.stlouis wrote:It's easy to say that now. Just wait, Bradford is going to give you plenty of reason to be afraid. It won't surprise me if he has a better year than Wilson in our new offense.


    Oh, give me a freaking break. How delusional are you? Let's compare their stats. I'll even cherry-pick Bradford's best stats regardless of what year they're from.

    Wilson: 64.1% completion rating, 7.9 yard average, 26 TDs, 10 ints, 33 sacks, 100 passer rating.
    Bradford: 60.00% completion rating, 6.7 yard average, 21 TDs, 6 ints (only played half the season in that year, though), 34 sacks, 82.6 passer rating.

    That's right, in 3 years, Bradford hasn't had a single major stat as good as the ones from Wilson's rookie season. Hell, in Bradford's half-season last year he STILL took more sacks (36) than Wilson did in a full 16 games in his ROOKIE year! Also remember that I picked Bradford's BEST stats from his whole NFL career to date, not all the ones from his best year.

    This isn't even debatable. Bradford has to improve by a good margin to even have a reasonable discussion about holding Wilson's jockstrap.

    Good Lord, some of you Rams fans are delusional. You have a nasty case of "Luck-itis"; Bradford was the #1 overall pick, so he has to be awesome. Yeah, right. :roll:



    Haha your retort was off base. I made a prediction of this season, and you went back to last season. How many times do I have to say this year's Rams and last year's are not comparable?

    This is a list of new starters on offense in comparison to last season this time last year.

    Last year ----this year

    Slot WR-Ammendola/Austin
    LT-Saffold/Long
    RT-Richardson/Saffold
    TE-Kendricks/Cook
    WO1-Gibson/Quick
    RB'S-Jackson/Commitee



    Dude, that is super close to being an upgrade across the board. That's 6 out of 11 starting spots rotated or changed all together. You know your Seahawks, but you don't know the Rams worth a darn. On top of that, I question your ability to come up with an original idea. Anyone can look up the stats. Im happy stats mean everything to you and losing in the Playoffs was so easily brushed off.
    mr.stlouis
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 154
    Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:00 am


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:23 pm
  • That would be chromosome number 21 correct? An extra one?
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5885
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:28 pm
  • loafoftatupu wrote:That would be chromosome number 21 correct? An extra one?

    His mom keeps it in her jewelry safe, next to the zirconias. In case he loses one of the others.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11244
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:36 pm
  • In 2009 the 49ers were 5-1 within the division and where did that get them? Sitting at home watching the playoffs.
    In 2010 the 49ers were 4-2 within the division and where did that get them? Sitting at home watching the playoffs.

    Take a few deep breaths and wait for the season to start before your brain explodes.
    JSeahawks wrote:We might as well rename this site Seahawks&49ers.net.
    User avatar
    60niners
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 219
    Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:22 pm


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:47 pm
  • Didn't the Raiders go 8-0 in their division and still missed the playoffs?
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19208
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:54 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:Didn't the Raiders go 8-0 in their division and still missed the playoffs?

    8-0 in their division would mean they're playing in the AFCCG or the Super Bowl.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26413
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:01 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:Didn't the Raiders go 8-0 in their division and still missed the playoffs?

    That was 2010. They went 6-0 in the division and finished at 8-8. The only two non-divisional opponents they defeated were..... drumroll please.....

    The Rams and the Seahawks. Lol.

    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/t ... i/2010.htm
    JSeahawks wrote:We might as well rename this site Seahawks&49ers.net.
    User avatar
    60niners
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 219
    Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:22 pm


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:07 pm
  • 60niners wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:Didn't the Raiders go 8-0 in their division and still missed the playoffs?

    That was 2010. They went 6-0 in the division and finished at 8-8. The only two non-divisional opponents they defeated were..... drumroll please.....

    The Rams and the Seahawks. Lol.

    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/t ... i/2010.htm

    Funny. I remember that game, we lost Red Bryant due to injury in it and they ran WILD. 239 yards rushing against us. :(
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26413
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:33 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:LOL the short bus rolls in. You know what? Good QBs help their teams. Yours doesn't. Also, way to point out one game when he was referring to the second half of the season.

    You have no excuses for Bradford. Bad O-line? Already proved that wrong. No weapons at WR? Well, the Seahawks WR corps was considered a joke before Wilson came, and all of a sudden they were good and effective with him passing.

    Stop making excuses for him.


    Taking a team from 1 win to 7 as a rookie isn't helping? Taking an UFA who was cut from 2 teams and even cut from a practice squad and helping him become one of the best slot receivers in the game isn't helping? Helping a rookie receiver set a record by hitting him for a 50+ reception in 5 consecutive games isn't helping?

    Selling Bradford short with all of his accomplishments is just silly. As a rookie he out produced some great QBs and last season he outproduced his rookie season. All with almost no tools.

    Considering what he had, he hasn't had a bad season yet. 2011 the Rams had unprecedented injuries. 35 members of that team aren't even in the NFL anymore.

    Ah well, no reason to explain to you, you'll see.
    FSOT- Fastest Show On Turf - 2013 RAMS
    Image
    User avatar
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 134
    Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:18 pm


Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:46 am
  • RamzFanz wrote:
    SoHo9erFan wrote:Blah, blah, blah. Sure, you guys actually get to field a halfway decent team this season. Doesn't mean you should expect a playoff birth. I am willing to bet you $1,000 dollars they will have a worse record than the 49ers. Swear to god. We can do it over paypal or something. I'm sure we can figure a legitimate way to make this bet worth. If you're so confident you should be willing to do it.

    How did the 49ers lose talent?? I'm not disagreeing, I just want to see how knowledgable you are about other teams outside the Rams. Because, as of right now, every fanbase in the league is behaving like you are. Everyone is ultra confident in TC, but by Week 10 I guarantee you that you won't be as optimistic as you are right now.


    As if Crabtree wasn't enough? Dude, they are using UDFA QB's as wide receivers they are so desperate right now. Go look.

    OK, I have $50 for seahawks.net if you do for ramsondemand.com.

    The bet I'll offer is this: Rams win more division games than the Niners.

    Bet?

    You have no idea how the NFL works.

    First of all, Crabtree will return in November. It's not like he is done for the year. He will play in the December 1 game at Candlestick. And since you weren't able to list anymore downgrades, I guess that means the 49ers will be the same successful team as last season.

    Second of all, the 49ers never have good WRs. In the PLAYOFFS the last two seasons (somehow Rams fans forgot how difficult it is to make the playoffs) we put out players like Ted Ginn Jr., Chad Hall, and an aging Randy Moss due to injuries. This isn't the first time the 49ers haven't fielded a competent WR core. Tom Brady won a SB with Deion Branch as his #1 and a bunch of no names as depth. I'm not comparing Kaep to Brady, but that proves that you don't need blue-chip players at WR to win a championship.

    Third of all, the 49ers have a top 3 running game in the NFL. Gore, Hunter, James, and Kaep have the ability to rush for over 200 yards in any game. We also have Vernon Davis and an impressive rookie at TE. It's not like the 49ers offense is going to struggle this season.

    Jeez, Rams fans have had to deal with complete shit at the skilled positions the last decade and they forgot what it was like to have marginal talent. Now that they have these young players out wide, they think they are the second coming.

    That's not how the NFL works.

    And no BET :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I love how you change the terms of the bet. You don't make the playoffs by winning the most games in the division. LOL so pathetic. You surprised the 49ers and Seahawks last season but both teams will be prepared to handle your mediocre team. And you won't win more than 4 games outside the division so I expect another subpar season for the Rams. 7-9 seems most realistic.
    SoHo9erFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 499
    Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 2:40 pm


PreviousNext


It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:12 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online