Surprise rival for seahawks...

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Re: Surprise rival for seahawks...
Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:13 am
  • rideaducati wrote:I totally agree with the OP. The more I look at the niner team, the more I see them fighting with the cards for third in the division.

If you look at the teams that the niners beat, you'll see that every one of them was either just plain bad or one dimensional. The teams they lost to were balanced. Well, they play a lot of balanced teams this season and I think they'll have troubles.

Seriously? They nearly won the championship. Good grief.

Calling the 9ers a threat to the Hawks is actually premature, the Hawks are a threat to the 9ers, who remain the division favorite until unseated by actual play, not just on paper.

Saying the Rams are the number one runner up to the Hawks and having the 9ers at third in the division is so delusional I'm speechless. Hardouche made a deep run with Alex Smith for crying out loud, so even if Krapper regresses they'll stay lethal. Bradford...too early to give up on the guy but he has yet to prove anything on the field. And again, our secondary mitigates QBs a lot better than Bradford.

I don't think anyone should sleep on the Rams, but not as a contender for the division. Just as a team very capable of ruining your night if you take them lightly.
    hawk45
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:15 am
  • hawk45 wrote:

Calling the 9ers a threat to the Hawks is actually premature, the Hawks are a threat to the 9ers, who remain the division favorite until unseated by actual play, not just on paper.

Saying the Rams are the number one runner up to the Hawks and having the 9ers at third in the division is so delusional I'm speechless. Hardouche made a deep run with Alex Smith for crying out loud, so even if Krapper regresses they'll stay lethal. Bradford...too early to give up on the guy but he has yet to prove anything on the field. And again, our secondary mitigates QBs a lot better than Bradford.

I don't think anyone should sleep on the Rams, but not as a contender for the division. Just as a team very capable of ruining your night if you take them lightly.

+1
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:00 am
  • hawk45 wrote:
    rideaducati wrote:I totally agree with the OP. The more I look at the niner team, the more I see them fighting with the cards for third in the division.

If you look at the teams that the niners beat, you'll see that every one of them was either just plain bad or one dimensional. The teams they lost to were balanced. Well, they play a lot of balanced teams this season and I think they'll have troubles.

I guess we'll see.

Offensively, they'll be about the same, I think it will be their defense that will end up letting them down.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:02 pm
  • man...nfc west is gonna be hella good. I could see an argument for all 4 teams being on top....but yes I agree STL is gonna be stout. I think Bradford is great...will show it this year.
    you want a lil woo woooooooooooo
    bubbrubb
    NET Rookie

Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:18 pm
  • bubbrubb wrote:man...nfc west is gonna be hella good. I could see an argument for all 4 teams being on top....but yes I agree STL is gonna be stout. I think Bradford is great...will show it this year.

We will win Percy or no Percy, even though I am on record that if things turn right for St. Louis and things turn bad for the Ninners second place isn't a fantasy but to make that reality Bradford has to step up big time.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:27 pm
  • KCHawkGirl wrote:I am on record that.........if........things turn right for St. Louis........and..........things turn bad for the Ninners second place isn't a fantasy...........but........... to make that reality Bradford has to step up big time.

Wow. You really went out on a limb there...
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:51 am
  • bestfightstory wrote:
    KCHawkGirl wrote:I am on record that.........if........things turn right for St. Louis........and..........things turn bad for the Ninners second place isn't a fantasy...........but........... to make that reality Bradford has to step up big time.

I am insane but not stupid. What's your issue with that given in the NFL forum I predicted St. Louis in second place. It's a reach and fact is Kaepernick has to regress while Bradford makes the big boy jump. Not likely both happen but totally possible.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:00 am
  • The Rams do worry me a lot.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:29 am
  • m0ng0 wrote:
    hawk45 wrote:

+1

Make that another +1. I can recall before last season everyone here talking about how the 9ers played an easy schedule and after winning the division would be in trouble because now they are playing a tougher one. I still see the 9ers as the number 1 threat in the division.

In the NFC, I believe Atlanta beat us by jumping out to such a big lead and then the team relaxing at the end thinking the game was over, the team that worried me more in last years playoffs was Washington. It seemed early on with his wheels (RGIII) we could not slow the guy down, he makes the team a threat if healthy. Once we knew he was not a threat to extend the plays the game was over.

I just hope the NFCW doesn't beat us down too much, to make noise in the playoffs. The West is going to be tough to get through unscathed and mentally sharp. This is why the bye is so important but if the west plays out like I believe it will, no bye will be coming from the west. We will have to earn the title of World Champions.
    Fanatics
    NET Rookie

Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:16 pm
  • I love our division now, Every game played inside our division is going to be a good game. This division can put 3 teams in the playoffs this year..
    Johnny
    NET Veteran

Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:28 pm
  • KCHawkGirl wrote:
    bestfightstory wrote:
    KCHawkGirl wrote:I am on record that.........if........things turn right for St. Louis........and..........things turn bad for the Ninners second place isn't a fantasy...........but........... to make that reality Bradford has to step up big time.

I am insane but not stupid. What's your issue with that given in the NFL forum I predicted St. Louis in second place. It's a reach and fact is Kaepernick has to regress while Bradford makes the big boy jump. Not likely both happen but totally possible.

I think his point was that anyone can make a 100% accurate and safe prediction by saying if X and Y go exactly this way, then Z could very well happen..
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:43 pm
  • Johnny wrote:I love our division now, Every game played inside our division is going to be a good game. This division can put 3 teams in the playoffs this year..

I guess yes, it could happen but I really have a hard time seeing it. Our division is now stacked with talent across all teams and I believe we beat/bruise/annihilate each other to the point that 3 teams making it will be nearly impossible.

I am just hoping that we have not waited all of this time, long off-season, just to see over-confidence hurt us at the start of the season. If the team believes the clippings, they could be woke up quickly.
    Fanatics
    NET Rookie

Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:26 pm
  • Fanatics wrote:
    m0ng0 wrote:
    hawk45 wrote:

+1

Make that another +1. I can recall before last season everyone here talking about how the 9ers played an easy schedule and after winning the division would be in trouble because now they are playing a tougher one. I still see the 9ers as the number 1 threat in the division.

So then it must be safe to say you believe the Ravens are the best team in football right? They beat the Niners to win the championship and until someone knocks them off, they are the current champs.

This is not predicting anything. It is no different than saying teams that lose the super bowl don't make the playoffs the next year so the Niners are weak.

So I'm going -1 because we aren't talking about last year and the Niners aren't fielding the same team that won the division last year. The only consistent is that teams that lose the super bowl don't make it back.

In the NFC, I believe Atlanta beat us by jumping out to such a big lead and then the team relaxing at the end thinking the game was over, the team that worried me more in last years playoffs was Washington. It seemed early on with his wheels (RGIII) we could not slow the guy down, he makes the team a threat if healthy. Once we knew he was not a threat to extend the plays the game was over.

The start of the Washington game had as much to do with field conditions as it did the health of RGIII. There is a reason Schnieder won't fix that field. He knows his team has a distinct advantage playing on a surface regularly that opponents (especially ones who don't play there but once every few years) will have a learning curve to figure out how to play on the surface. Karma equals it out for him by losing RGIII. If he wants to keep his QB on the field he needs to put a real surface in there and lose the advantage of jumping up early while teams adapt.

I agree about the Atlanta game but a 10:00am start compiled to the second week of travel after losing your best DE and your kicker (which played a huge role later in that game with a short low trajectory kickoff on the final drive that helped to put Atlanta near the 40 yard line) all while Lynch was playing on a sprained ankle and uncharacteristically coughed up the ball on a critical drive that might not have happened if he were playing healthy. Credit Schneider for part of that as well. Do we suffer multiple key injuries on a decent field? It was the worst game injury wise for us all year.

I just hope the NFCW doesn't beat us down too much, to make noise in the playoffs. The West is going to be tough to get through unscathed and mentally sharp. This is why the bye is so important but if the west plays out like I believe it will, no bye will be coming from the west. We will have to earn the title of World Champions.

On this we agree.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:43 pm
  • Blitzer88 wrote:The Rams do worry me a lot.

A peanut worries you, though.

The Rams. Lolololololol
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:50 pm
  • "A bolstered offensive line".

The line needed more than bolstering. Hell, they looked bad against our non pass rush.

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:55 pm
  • If anyone thinks any divisional game is going to be any easy game they are not paying attention. Each of our divisional rivals is capable of beating our team if the Hawks aren't ready or if they are asking the opponent for granted.

The Rams are a significantly stronger team than they were last year, and so are the Cardinals. I think the 9ers will be capable of being beaten by either the Cards or the Rams but think we match better against them tan we did last year. The differential on divisional games is going to shrink this year and they are going to be good lose games. That Sid I could see the Hawks hang a shellacking on at least one of them if they aren't prepared to match our physicality. Somehow I don't think any team except the Rams can do that with any consistency. The Rams are getting stronger but maybe not in a relative way.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. That was done and the final step was taken.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons.

What a special magical year!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:40 pm
  • hawk45 wrote:
    rideaducati wrote:I totally agree with the OP. The more I look at the niner team, the more I see them fighting with the cards for third in the division.

"Delusional," you say? (Attack the post and not the people, remember?) Though said to be "speechless," you seemed to recover rather instantly from that to keep going.

Listen, I've watched the NFL for decades and have seen plenty in regards to teams on the rise and divisional standings shakeups from year to year. Should non-playoff teams and fans perhaps all just forget about the season if it's all just going to finish like last year or close to it? Off-season moves don't make any difference? Teams like the Rams shouldn't bother competing? Are they delusional to think they have a chance as an NFL team to compete with other... NFL teams? "Come on, man." (and that show segment hasn't even started yet)

Opinions/ Predications are just that. Too, "seriously"... there are actually rationales for posted opinions.
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:42 pm
  • Like the Niners are not fielding the same team as last year.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:50 am
  • I haven't missed a home game since I moved down here to AZ in 2001. Home game for the Cards no less. Don't forget about the red birds. They always play us tough down here.
    Sparkchaser737
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:42 pm
  • This is an excellent forum. A lot of reasonable and knowledgeable posts. Nothing like Niners' forums.

It's nice to see knowledge and respect for what the Rams are doing places other than in the Rams' forums.

NFC-W is going to be the highlight of the NFL this season and NOT because of the Niners!
    FSOT- Fastest Show On Turf - 2013 RAMS
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie

Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:46 pm
  • RamzFanz wrote:This is an excellent forum. A lot of reasonable and knowledgeable posts. Nothing like Niners' forums.

It's nice to see knowledge and respect for what the Rams are doing places other than in the Rams' forums.

NFC-W is going to be the highlight of the NFL this season and NOT because of the Niners!

With a little help from the Packers (who have a score to settle) the Hawks and Rams could bury San Fran in the first month!
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:27 pm
  • After reading a lot of these posts I would add:

The Rams aren't relying on rookie WRs. Givens is a proven commodity. The next tier, not counting rookies, is Pettis who is hot right now, and Quick. They are both talented veterans now and have serious upside potential this season. Now consider the TE tandem of Cook and Kendricks, who will probably be one of the best TE tandems in the league, and it starts to shape up as a team with passing threats. THEN add in TA and Bailey. Other than Givens and Kendricks, they are all pretty much unproven in this Rams offense, but with that number of highly skilled players and a much improved O line, I am convinced the passing game is going to emerge in a big way this season.

The running backs are also deep on skill if mostly unproven. Richardson had better YPC last season than SJ39 and longer runs. Pead is lightning fast and eager to earn his spot. Zac Stacy would start on many NFL teams and would be a lock for 2nd or relief on those he couldn't be the starter. He's a bruiser with a knack for seeing developing holes and being there when they open.

The addition of Ogletree and McDonald are only going to improve an already proven D. It seems Ogletree is there specifically to deal with Wilson and Kappy and he's impressing everyone in camp. The Rams may field a top 6 D this season. If there is a weakness, it's at safety, but don't count on it. They are looking better than expected so far. McDonald is a scary hitter. Stewart, after a strong 2011 season, was injured last season but is expected to play very well.

I think the Rams can sweep the division other than the Hawks. If they split with the Hawks, that would be as good as we could expect. I think the same is true for the Hawks.

I would love to see the Rams and Hawks hand the Niners 4 losses!
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie

Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:35 pm
  • bestfightstory wrote:
    With a little help from the Packers (who have a score to settle) the Hawks and Rams could bury San Fran in the first month!

Music to my ears!

Remember kids, you're never too young to hate the Niners.
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie

Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:37 pm
  • Glad to see some other division rival fans here. I don't really have anything against the current Rams team. Fisher is kinda sneaky and I'd like to see some payback for those special team plays. He's a good coach though, and Brockers is a beast.
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:40 pm
  • This thread is scary delusional. Look, I'm a Niners fan, but I'm not stupid enough to say the Hawks can't win the division or the SB. S***, they damn well might do it. But I just don't understand how 90% of the people posting on here not only see the Rams as bigger threats than the 49ers, but also claim that they will take such a nosedive in production. Why is it ok to claim Kaep will degress, but not Wilson? The 49ers have a top notch coach and a QB on the rise, and we've all seen what that type of combination can do for a franchise. Some even claim that the 49ers will drop the 1st two games. The Hawks? Big chance for a loss there. The opener against GB? Ha! We smashed on them so bad in the playoffs and we beat them in their house to open the season last year. If you say that that wooping on the Pack doesn't count then you can never mention 42-13 ever again.
    est.1985
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:12 pm
  • jake206 wrote:I don't get why ppl are giving the 9ers so much credit this year. Last year was their year and they blew it. This year, their WR corp is decimated. Its just vernon davis and Kaepernick. 9ers are starting to becoming very one-dimensional. Colin will regress, as teams will start scheming against the pistol better.

I dont think the niners will fall away that much but...they had a charmed year with Gore not getting hurt like he has almost every other season. I've had that guy on various fantasy teams and inevitably, sometime after the halfway mark, dude goes down for 3-5 games...we'll see if he can rush with the same level of consistency as last year.
    My Tapatalk for Ipad is bigger than yours. Size matters.
    MeanBlueGreen
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:55 pm
  • est.1985 wrote:....Why is it ok to claim Kaep will degress, but not Wilson?

Opposite is true on your board.

Very curious though this Rams' love...will it continue if we beat you? Also curious to me that Rams' fans announce their Niner hate here so quick. Adorable.
    Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:25 am
  • est.1985 wrote:This thread is scary delusional. Look, I'm a Niners fan, but I'm not stupid enough to say the Hawks can't win the division or the SB. S***, they damn well might do it. But I just don't understand how 90% of the people posting on here not only see the Rams as bigger threats than the 49ers, but also claim that they will take such a nosedive in production. Why is it ok to claim Kaep will degress, but not Wilson? The 49ers have a top notch coach and a QB on the rise, and we've all seen what that type of combination can do for a franchise. Some even claim that the 49ers will drop the 1st two games. The Hawks? Big chance for a loss there. The opener against GB? Ha! We smashed on them so bad in the playoffs and we beat them in their house to open the season last year. If you say that that wooping on the Pack doesn't count then you can never mention 42-13 ever again.

As has been stated multiple times. It's not hyperbole, the reasons to question whether the Niners can maintain success are very legitimate. The number of question marks on your team right now is huge. I know Niner fans want to just assume that Keap will turn all the receivers who have proven absolutely nothing into superstars but the reality is that the odds of that receiver core developing into a formidable group is highly unlikely. Even the odds of Boldin performing at the levels Niners fans think he will is highly unlikely and it's not wishful thinking. other than a stellar playoff performance he has been an average #2 for the last several years so unless he got younger, faster and somehow has suddenly learned how to get open, it is far more likely that his numbers are very pedestrian and he is being asked to play a role he has never had success at in stepping into the #1 spot.

Keap has wheels and a strong arm but he will be tested significantly this year. One of the reasons Boldin hasn't been a top producer is because of his style of play. He is that guy you can throw the ball to when he is covered and if you place it correctly he will come down with it the majority of the time but he is not that guy that gets separation or quickly gets open. Kaep will have to learn how to get the ball to him and prove he is willing to throw to a covered receiver and do it with touch and accuracy, both of which he still has to prove he can do consistently. I think we will see Kaep trying to force balls way to much this year and something Niner fans have to worry about is his confidence. If he starts to struggle how will that effect his game and don't kid yourself, all the ingredients are there for him to struggle.

Behind Gore you have often injured or unproven back ups and Gore is now on the wrong side of 30. It won't surprise anyone if Gore gets injured or just doesn't produce like he has in recent years and until Lattimore is ready you don't have a stud replacement for him.

Defensively I know you think you got stronger from the draft but lets get real here. None of your draft picks have proven they will be any better than the depth you had last year and it is more likely they won't be in their rookie season and that's not even mentioning your rookie FS replacing an allpro.

Even your special teams is in question. Who is returning KO's? Ginn killed us a couple years ago.

I've said multiple times if the Niners can overcome all those question marks and Kaep can continue to progress, I will give him and Harbaugh full credit but the reality is the odds are against it and Jimmy would at least have to learn to get his starters off the field and give that depth a chance to grow.

Playing your starters 90+% of the time is not sustainable, especially when your key players are approaching the end of their careers.

Good luck but as I said before I believe the Rams will sweep you this year. They are built to do exactly that. If Amendola wasn't injured last year in your second game, I believe they would have swept you last year.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:24 am
  • Rams will be much improved, but thinking the Niners will all the sudden not be our biggest competition would just be silly. I hate them with a passion, but they are damn good, it is what it is.

However, no way in hell we get swept by the Rams. We've owned them for years.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:46 am
  • est.1985 wrote:This thread is scary delusional. Look, I'm a Niners fan, but I'm not stupid enough to say the Hawks can't win the division or the SB. S***, they damn well might do it. But I just don't understand how 90% of the people posting on here not only see the Rams as bigger threats than the 49ers, but also claim that they will take such a nosedive in production. Why is it ok to claim Kaep will degress, but not Wilson? The 49ers have a top notch coach and a QB on the rise, and we've all seen what that type of combination can do for a franchise. Some even claim that the 49ers will drop the 1st two games. The Hawks? Big chance for a loss there. The opener against GB? Ha! We smashed on them so bad in the playoffs and we beat them in their house to open the season last year. If you say that that wooping on the Pack doesn't count then you can never mention 42-13 ever again.

Rams vs Niners.
    Got better vs got worse.
    Old vs young.
    Injured vs healthy.
    Lose one tie one vs win one tie one.
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie

Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:57 pm
  • The number one reason I see the Rams having a great season at this point:

The new offense is able to make plays consistently in camp against that devastating defense. They aren't taking it easy either. There's been several D vs O heated exchanges and big hits.
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie

Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:58 pm
  • RamzFanz wrote:The number one reason I see the Rams having a great season at this point:

The new offense is able to make plays consistently in camp against that devastating defense. They aren't taking it easy either. There's been several D vs O heated exchanges and big hits.

You guys win July! Woot! Congratulations.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:07 pm
  • RamzFanz wrote:The number one reason I see the Rams having a great season at this point:

While I agree with this premise it is also what will cause your offense to get off to a slow start. Not that that is unusual. most offenses do. In the long run I agree with you. The Offense will ultimately benefit from it once they realize that the opponents aren't as good as your own defense.

Where I see the difference is teams will have to game plan for Austin and in doing so will leave more room for your receivers and TE's to get open. If your running game is substantial it will be another element that gives DC's sleep deprivation.

I think you will be good enough to beat the Niners this year and will likely get a wild card spot but next year will be when you target your RB and that will make you guys a formidable team.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:28 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    RamzFanz wrote:The number one reason I see the Rams having a great season at this point:

Lol seriously.

I bookmarked this thread... Definitely going to revisit this one after a few games. We'll see how many Nostradamuses we really have amongst us.

Oh yea...... I said us alright.
    JSeahawks wrote:We might as well rename this site Seahawks&49ers.net.
    60niners
    NET Rookie

Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:30 pm
  • I think I like SF fans more than STL fans again... Just like back in the day.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:37 pm
  • 60niners wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    RamzFanz wrote:The number one reason I see the Rams having a great season at this point:

Lol seriously.

I bookmarked this thread... Definitely going to revisit this one after a few games. We'll see how many Nostradamuses we really have amongst us.

I predict zero catches by Crabtree against the Rams all season.

Come check that one.
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie

Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:41 pm
  • 60niners wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

Lol seriously.

It will be beyond fun and I mean "fun" to visit the many and multiple threads re Rams this season. Have at your "us."

Don't be all scared and hide out on a Hawk board later.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:46 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:I think I like SF fans more than STL fans again... Just like back in the day.

there is a "back in the day?"

You mean back in the day when it was only the Rams and Niners? That is back in the day for this division.

Else is current.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:46 pm
  • RedAlice wrote:It will be beyond fun and I mean "fun" to visit the many and multiple threads re Rams this season. Have at your "us."

Oh I'll be here either way. I registered a while ago when my team was below .500 and I had all the optimism in the world so I came here to flex my knowledge.

Probably the same phenomenon you guys are experiencing right now :P
    60niners
    NET Rookie

Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:48 pm
  • RedAlice wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:I think I like SF fans more than STL fans again... Just like back in the day.

there is a "back in the day?"

You mean back in the day when it was only the Rams and Niners? That is back in the day for this division.

Else is current.

Back in the day for me was when the 49ers sucked and the Rams had Marc Bulger getting broke at every turn.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:51 pm
  • 60niners wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

Lol seriously.

Let's revisit who we are talking about when I refer to the Rams Defense BEFORE Ogletree:

Rams vs Niners 2012:

8 sacks 325 total passing yards by Kappy with 0 TD's. Rams 1-0-1

Rams vs Hawks 2012:

8 sacks 3 interceptions 1 TD by Wilson. Rams 1-1-0

Seems the Rams' new O MAY be the real deal when they are throwing, and FINALLY catching, on the money 50, 60, 70 yard TD passes in tight coverage against that D to 5 different receivers and 2 TE's. No? You disagree? :roll:
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie

Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:52 pm
  • 60niners wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:It will be beyond fun and I mean "fun" to visit the many and multiple threads re Rams this season. Have at your "us."

Oh I'll be here either way. I registered a while ago when my team was below .500 and I had all the optimism in the world so I came here to flex my knowledge.

Probably the same phenomenon you guys are experiencing right now :P

Not really. Rams have been through so many bad years recently, that there is no comparison. The bandwagon a*ho%%% probably won't join until this year or so. Any current Rams' fan is a real fan.

And you get no extra "yay for you" points for joining this board in 2009. I didn't even know there were boards at that time.

eta: but, nice on being here no matter what. me too. I am so curious to see how this season goes.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:03 pm
  • RamzFanz wrote:Let's revisit who we are talking about when I refer to the Rams Defense BEFORE Ogletree:

Rams vs Niners 2012:

8 sacks 325 total passing yards by Kappy with 0 TD's. Rams 1-0-1

Rams vs Hawks 2012:

8 sacks 3 interceptions 1 TD by Wilson. Rams 1-1-0

Seems the Rams' new O MAY be the real deal when they are throwing, and FINALLY catching, on the money 50, 60, 70 yard TD passes in tight coverage against that D to 5 different receivers and 2 TE's. No? You disagree? :roll:

If you're asking whether I agree with your assertion that the Rams are going to finish the season above the 49ers in the NFCW, based on the fact that they're practicing well at camp; then the answer is no. I don't agree with that assertion for one second. There are 32 team's fans that right now that believe their favorite team is going to make a playoff run... And we all know it's just not going to work out that way. Training camp tends to give us tons of hope, and "every team has improved".

Maybe the Rams will have a better season this year, maybe they won't. Their defense is very good, but their defense wasn't the issue last year. Until proven otherwise, I am convinced that the reason the 49ers could not best the Rams last year was because they were out-coached. Clearly the beans were spilled when Dahl admitted that the defense had tells from the right guard on what types of plays were coming. So the Rams knew what plays were coming and they still could only manage a tie, and then BARELY eek out a win with scant amounts of time left in overtime. Great on the Rams coaching staff; terrible on the Niners coaching staff. I don't believe that the Rams are talented enough to win the division just yet - my assertion based on proven talent. This coming season might very well prove that, but as of this writing, nothing is proven yet.
    60niners
    NET Rookie

Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:27 pm
  • 60niners wrote:If you're asking whether I agree with your assertion that the Rams are going to finish the season above the 49ers in the NFCW, based on the fact that they're practicing well at camp; then the answer is no. I don't agree with that assertion for one second. There are 32 team's fans that right now that believe their favorite team is going to make a playoff run... And we all know it's just not going to work out that way. Training camp tends to give us tons of hope, and "every team has improved".

Maybe the Rams will have a better season this year, maybe they won't. Their defense is very good, but their defense wasn't the issue last year. Until proven otherwise, I am convinced that the reason the 49ers could not best the Rams last year was because they were out-coached. Clearly the beans were spilled when Dahl admitted that the defense had tells from the right guard on what types of plays were coming. So the Rams knew what plays were coming and they still could only manage a tie, and then BARELY eek out a win with scant amounts of time left in overtime. Great on the Rams coaching staff; terrible on the Niners coaching staff. I don't believe that the Rams are talented enough to win the division just yet - my assertion based on proven talent. This coming season might very well prove that, but as of this writing, nothing is proven yet.

Nothing is ever proven when looking forward. My point was simple, I love that the Rams O is playing just as well as its D when this would NOT be expected. What else do I have to judge by?

Here's what is proven looking back: The Niners couldn't beat the Rams last season when the Rams' offense was horrible. Not even in candlestick park.

Here's what is unproven looking forward, but is my opinion: The Niners are looking very thin at WR. The Rams have a depth of talent on O that they haven't fielded for probably 10 years. The Rams added an OLB in Ogletree that may just make 8 sacks look low and be the key to sweeping the Niners this season.
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie

Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:43 pm
  • This should be moved to the NFL forum. I'm beginning to feel sorry for the mods in this board. Not even the 49ers board I frequent has to deal with this crap. Guess we can tell who the most feared team in the NFCW is (I'm not talking about the 49ers or Seahawks or Cardinals).
    SoHo9erFan
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:44 am
  • SoHo9erFan wrote:This should be moved to the NFL forum. I'm beginning to feel sorry for the mods in this board. Not even the 49ers board I frequent has to deal with this crap. Guess we can tell who the most feared team in the NFCW is (I'm not talking about the 49ers or Seahawks or Cardinals).

The discussion is about why the Rams should be feared by the Seahawks more than the Niners.

Obviously, the Rams have the better D. Add Ogletree to last seasons D and... omg

What most people are missing is the Rams are going to present a completely different offense. Fast paced - spread - just like Bradford excelled at in the past. The weapons are many. Maybe the best TE tandem in the league with Cook and Kendricks. Tavon Austin and Givens. Pettis, Bailey, and Quick all looking very good.

The running game is in question, but not really. The talent and depth is there and so is the coaching. The improved line and passing game should be able to make opportunities for the run pretty common.

The big difference is the Niners are essentially the same only with less talent and the Rams D is improved and it's a whole new O. IF the O pans out to be even 1 TD per game better than last season, Rams would have swept the NFCW and gone to the playoffs.
    RamzFanz
    NET Rookie

Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:06 am
  • RamzFanz wrote:
    SoHo9erFan wrote:This should be moved to the NFL forum. I'm beginning to feel sorry for the mods in this board. Not even the 49ers board I frequent has to deal with this crap. Guess we can tell who the most feared team in the NFCW is (I'm not talking about the 49ers or Seahawks or Cardinals).

The discussion is about why the Rams should be feared by the Seahawks more than the Niners.

Obviously, the Rams have the better D. Add Ogletree to last seasons D and... omg

What most people are missing is the Rams are going to present a completely different offense. Fast paced - spread - just like Bradford excelled at in the past. The weapons are many. Maybe the best TE tandem in the league with Cook and Kendricks. Tavon Austin and Givens. Pettis, Bailey, and Quick all looking very good.

The running game is in question, but not really. The talent and depth is there and so is the coaching. The improved line and passing game should be able to make opportunities for the run pretty common.

The big difference is the Niners are essentially the same only with less talent and the Rams D is improved and it's a whole new O. IF the O pans out to be even 1 TD per game better than last season, Rams would have swept the NFCW and gone to the playoffs.

Blah, blah, blah. Sure, you guys actually get to field a halfway decent team this season. Doesn't mean you should expect a playoff birth. I am willing to bet you $1,000 dollars they will have a worse record than the 49ers. Swear to god. We can do it over paypal or something. I'm sure we can figure a legitimate way to make this bet worth. If you're so confident you should be willing to do it.

How did the 49ers lose talent?? I'm not disagreeing, I just want to see how knowledgable you are about other teams outside the Rams. Because, as of right now, every fanbase in the league is behaving like you are. Everyone is ultra confident in TC, but by Week 10 I guarantee you that you won't be as optimistic as you are right now.
    SoHo9erFan
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:47 am
  • SoHo9erFan wrote:
    RamzFanz wrote:
    SoHo9erFan wrote:This should be moved to the NFL forum. I'm beginning to feel sorry for the mods in this board. Not even the 49ers board I frequent has to deal with this crap. Guess we can tell who the most feared team in the NFCW is (I'm not talking about the 49ers or Seahawks or Cardinals).

Blah, blah, blah. Sure, you guys actually get to field a halfway decent team this season. Doesn't mean you should expect a playoff birth. I am willing to bet you $1,000 dollars they will have a worse record than the 49ers. Swear to god. We can do it over paypal or something. I'm sure we can figure a legitimate way to make this bet worth. If you're so confident you should be willing to do it.

How did the 49ers lose talent?? I'm not disagreeing, I just want to see how knowledgable you are about other teams outside the Rams. Because, as of right now, every fanbase in the league is behaving like you are. Everyone is ultra confident in TC, but by Week 10 I guarantee you that you won't be as optimistic as you are right now.

You two should make the bet and the proceeds go to the winner's charity of choice.
    60niners
    NET Rookie

Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:51 am
  • 60niners wrote:You two should make the bet and the proceeds go to the winner's charity of choice.

Sounds good to me. He or she would never accept.
    SoHo9erFan
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:55 am
  • Obviously, the Rams have the better D. Add Ogletree to last seasons D and... omg

Than who?

the Cardinals, because surely you're not referring to the Niners or Seahawks....
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:26 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information