Kaepernick & Lockette

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:36 pm
  • TheRealDTM wrote:this thread is about the homoerotic nature of the Kaepernick Lockette relationship, GET THIS THREAD BACK ON TRCK

Does this really get the thread back on track?
    Manbearpig99
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:55 pm
  • 757Niner wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:I love how this guy calls a franchise that hasn't had a winning season in 9 years his team's main rival. I know you 49ers fans are stuck in the past where your glory years reside, but you have to balance history with what's actually happening in modern times.

To have a rivarly, there has to be history of significant games. I didn't say the Rams are out main rival. I said they are viewed probably as our main rival in the division based on past history. We're the two teams that have been in the NFC West the longest. Just because as Hawks fans view us as your rival, doesnt mean the Niner fanbase feels the same. You poll any Niner message board, and I guaranteed, they'll say the Cowboys and Giants are viewed as our main rivals. Hawks might be 4th on the list. That's only talking about past history of the two teams, not how it will be viewed going forward.

Utter bullshit. You are at a division rival's site checking to see what they said about your team. Ergo, rivalry.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:10 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:
    757Niner wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:I love how this guy calls a franchise that hasn't had a winning season in 9 years his team's main rival. I know you 49ers fans are stuck in the past where your glory years reside, but you have to balance history with what's actually happening in modern times.

To have a rivarly, there has to be history of significant games. I didn't say the Rams are out main rival. I said they are viewed probably as our main rival in the division based on past history. We're the two teams that have been in the NFC West the longest. Just because as Hawks fans view us as your rival, doesnt mean the Niner fanbase feels the same. You poll any Niner message board, and I guaranteed, they'll say the Cowboys and Giants are viewed as our main rivals. Hawks might be 4th on the list. That's only talking about past history of the two teams, not how it will be viewed going forward.

Utter bullshit. You are at a division rival's site checking to see what they said about your team. Ergo, rivalry.

I'm also on the Texans, Dolphins, Bengals, Redskins, Chiefs, Broncos, Packers, and Panthers message boards...are they my rivals too? Riddle me this, so your saying back in 2004-2007, when you guys owned the division, we were your biggest rivials then too? The lowly Niners, who could barely win 6 games, while you were in the playoffs year after year? To have a riviarly, you must first, have two quality opponents, playing for something significant. A riviarly has to have history. There is no history with our two franchises because we've never been good at the same time, playing for high stakes, for a riviarly to even begin. Will you be our bigger rivial going forward? All signs point to it. Stacked roster, good coach, awsome GM and personnel group for both teams. And we're in the same division, a divison getting tougher by the minute so everything is in place for the rivalry to commence. But historically NO, your not our rival. And a majority of Niner fans would tell you the same.
    757Niner
    NET Rookie

Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:13 am
  • 757Niner wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:
    757Niner wrote:

I'm also on the Texans, Dolphins, Bengals, Redskins, Chiefs, Broncos, Packers, and Panthers message boards...are they my rivals too? Riddle me this, so your saying back in 2004-2007, when you guys owned the division, we were your biggest rivials then too? The lowly Niners, who could barely win 6 games, while you were in the playoffs year after year? To have a riviarly, you must first, have two quality opponents, playing for something significant. A riviarly has to have history. There is no history with our two franchises because we've never been good at the same time, playing for high stakes, for a riviarly to even begin. Will you be our bigger rivial going forward? All signs point to it. Stacked roster, good coach, awsome GM and personnel group for both teams. And we're in the same division, a divison getting tougher by the minute so everything is in place for the rivalry to commence. But historically NO, your not our rival. And a majority of Niner fans would tell you the same.

That was a whole lot of words to admit that yes, this is a growing rivalry, and since you can't have growth without being a rivalry, however small, existing in the first place, well, then, what are you arguing exactly?
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:42 am
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:
    That was a whole lot of words to admit that yes, this is a growing rivalry, and since you can't have growth without being a rivalry, however small, existing in the first place, well, then, what are you arguing exactly?

I look at a rivarly in historic terms. 95% of Niner fans have more disdain and historical hatred for teams outside our division. Because if it wasn't for the Cowboys, or the Giants, or the Packers, we could very well have maybe 8-10 Lombardi's. I'm talking the fans who have been down since the 80's and 90's and suffered through the lean years. Not these bandwagoners that have popped up all of a sudden. We owned the NFC West for 20+ years so at least so personally, I've never viewed any team in the NFC West as a rival, merely a divisonal foe. Even back when the Rams were owing the divison and going to Super Bowls, I actually rooted for them, because they were in our divison. Same with you guys. I would never root for the Cowboys or Giants or Packers, under any circumstances. I never want to see those teams prosper lol. It is what it is. A 'growing rivarly' is a excellent term and a statement I can readily admit to. But some poster referred to the Hawks as our biggest rivial. Now going forward, all signs point to that. Stacked roster, good HC, a young, emerging star at QB, stingy defenses, great GM and personnel departements that scout and draft high quality players are prevalent for both franchises. But historically, NO...and its not even close really.
    757Niner
    NET Rookie

Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:03 am
  • 757Niner wrote:if it wasn't for

"If it wasn't for" is a phrase that has no place in football, 757.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:00 am
  • Lockette will make the squad. Book it. No way are they cutting Kaep's bff.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:03 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:Lockette will make the squad. Book it. No way are they cutting Kaep's bff.

They are desperately seeking a WR that Kaep can't overthrow.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:13 pm
  • rideaducati wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:Lockette will make the squad. Book it. No way are they cutting Kaep's bff.

They are desperately seeking a WR that Kaep can't overthrow.

As of now, with Crabtree and Manningham on the PUP list, the WR depth chart is:

Boldin
    Williams
    Jenkins
    Lockette
    Patton
    Moore

I can see us keeping Marlon Moore until Manningham is activated, then releasing him. What will be interesting is what will we do with Lockette once Crabtree returns in late Nov / early Dec...
    NinerBuff
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:33 pm
  • Did you guys know.
    49ers/Seahawks all time record is tied at 14-14?
    47degreesn
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:44 pm
  • pehawk wrote:Plus Kap has an offensive mind on par with the all-time greats coaching him. Oh, and a great line. If you cant succeed in in those circumstances, you shouldn't be in the NFL.

Like Dilfer in 2000? :D
    12thMan1
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:46 am
  • 757Niner wrote:I'm also on the Texans, Dolphins, Bengals, Redskins, Chiefs, Broncos, Packers, and Panthers message boards

Good Lord, you need a job or a life dude.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:01 am
  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    757Niner wrote:I'm also on the Texans, Dolphins, Bengals, Redskins, Chiefs, Broncos, Packers, and Panthers message boards

Good Lord, you need a job or a life dude.

Right, because you browse less than 10 websites per day.
    Alkasquawlik
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:48 am
  • 757Niner wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:

I look at a rivarly in historic terms. 95% of Niner fans have more disdain and historical hatred for teams outside our division. Because if it wasn't for the Cowboys, or the Giants, or the Packers, we could very well have maybe 8-10 Lombardi's. I'm talking the fans who have been down since the 80's and 90's and suffered through the lean years. Not these bandwagoners that have popped up all of a sudden. We owned the NFC West for 20+ years so at least so personally, I've never viewed any team in the NFC West as a rival, merely a divisonal foe. Even back when the Rams were owing the divison and going to Super Bowls, I actually rooted for them, because they were in our divison. Same with you guys. I would never root for the Cowboys or Giants or Packers, under any circumstances. I never want to see those teams prosper lol. It is what it is. A 'growing rivarly' is a excellent term and a statement I can readily admit to. But some poster referred to the Hawks as our biggest rivial. Now going forward, all signs point to that. Stacked roster, good HC, a young, emerging star at QB, stingy defenses, great GM and personnel departements that scout and draft high quality players are prevalent for both franchises. But historically, NO...and its not even close really.

Historic rivalries are just that though - historic.

Remember when the Steelers biggest rival was the Raiders? One of the biggest rivalries of all time, in fact.
    Now if you asked a Steelers fan who their rivals were the Raiders would be way down the pecking order behind the Ravens, Patriots and hell even the Browns are a bigger rival now.
    Look at it this way, you win the NFC Championship game against a "rival". Which victory would you find sweeter, against the Hawks or against the Cowboys?
    I'm damn certain that even though we have a huge historic rivalry with the Broncos, if we were to beat the Niners in the NFC Championship game and the Broncos in the Superbowl, the Niners victory would be sweeter (aside from the obvious superbowl fact, just talking about on a game by game basis). That's despite this rivalry being only 2-3 years old
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:45 pm
  • 1st Preseason Game:

Kaepernick: Very solid, 4 for 4, plus a scramble for a first down. Best play came when Von Miller just abused Anthony Davis with one of the best spin moves you'll ever see. Kaep didn't flinch, escaped the pocket and threw a dart for a 12 yd gain (with a particularly nice catch by Marlon Moore).

Lockette: 0 catches, 1 attempt that was flagged for defensive PI. Had an excellent ST tackle at the 1 yd line.
    NinerBuff
    NET Rookie

Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:14 pm
  • The first team looked great. The rest of the team looked meh. Kaepernick looked locked in. Boldin looked good. I also loved what Vance McDonald brings with his long wingspan.
    mretrade
    NET Starter

Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:05 pm
  • NinerBuff wrote:1st Preseason Game:

Kaepernick: Very solid, 4 for 4, plus a scramble for a first down. Best play came when Von Miller just abused Anthony Davis with one of the best spin moves you'll ever see. Kaep didn't flinch, escaped the pocket and threw a dart for a 12 yd gain (with a particularly nice catch by Marlon Moore).

Lockette: 0 catches, 1 attempt that was flagged for defensive PI. Had an excellent ST tackle at the 1 yd line.

I think Lockette actually had 2 PI called on the guy defending him.

Yeah..first string looked really good on both sides. Backup tackles looked really bad and never gave QBs a chance. Neither of those guys is likely to be on active roster tho. If they have a problem they would likely slide Boone outside because they have depth on the interior (Kilgore, Looney, Snyder), not on the outside.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:15 pm
  • Seahawks and 9ers are one of the most Affluent rivalries in the NFL!
    SDHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:19 pm
  • Jenkins looks like poop.

The MO on Vance was drops the easy ones, makes the spectacular catch. So far, spot on.

James looks good. Nnamdi looked decent.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:20 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:Jenkins looks like poop.

The MO on Vance was drops the easy ones, makes the spectacular catch. So far, spot on.

I dunno...Jenkins was getting open but the QB were getting crushed all night. Not promising start for him, but we'll see.

Agree on Vance. Dude needs to spend some time on the Jugs machine.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:25 pm
  • NinerBuff wrote:Lockette: 0 catches, 1 attempt that was flagged for defensive PI. Had an excellent ST tackle at the 1 yd line.

I couldn't believe that punt returner caught that at the one. Great timing by Lockette.
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:27 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:Jenkins looks like poop.

I dunno...Jenkins was getting open but the QB were getting crushed all night. Not promising start for him, but we'll see.

Jenkins looks lost on the field, and that fumble when he did make a catch can't help his chances. Dude is boned, his body language is awful.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:52 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:Jenkins looks like poop.

Jenkins looks lost on the field, and that fumble when he did make a catch can't help his chances. Dude is boned, his body language is awful.

I think his confidense has taken a hit.

Personally I think Kyle Williams (back at practice but they are taking it easy with him after ACL surgery) and Quinton Patton (jammed finger on his hand so has been practicing but instructed not to catch the ball) are going to be the main guys in that spot until Manningham gets back
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:17 pm
  • Quinton Patton is a guy I really like.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:34 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:Quinton Patton is a guy I really like.

I like him too.

Funny...Boldin was asked about him in a meeting with the media and he just started laughing...he has so much energy and is so eager. I'm sure you guys have heard the story, but the guy bought his own plane ticket and flew to Santa Clara a few days after the draft because nobody explained to him that it was against the rules.

You gotta pull for a guy that eager to get started.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:16 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:Quinton Patton is a guy I really like.

I like him too.

Funny...Boldin was asked about him in a meeting with the media and he just started laughing...he has so much energy and is so eager. I'm sure you guys have heard the story, but the guy bought his own plane ticket and flew to Santa Clara a few days after the draft because nobody explained to him that it was against the rules.

Add the fact he is also catching passes with one hand and looks more pro ready than Jenkins or Lockette.
    Sourdough #49
    NET Rookie

Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:07 am
  • Sourdough #49 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:Quinton Patton is a guy I really like.

I like him too.

Add the fact he is also catching passes with one hand and looks more pro ready than Jenkins or Lockette.

Patton looked more pro ready than them last year in college.

I think he is going to struggle with press, but should be a zone killer.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:59 am
  • I think I agree with Scottemojo regarding Jenkins... His body language says it all. No confidence. Hopefully Patton's finger can heal quickly and he can resume full practice.

I just hope that our tape-together WR corp can get us enough until Manningham gets back, and eventually Crabtree. We'll be fine for the final quarter of the season as long as we're still in it by then.
    NinerBuff
    NET Rookie

Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:25 am
  • NinerBuff wrote:I think I agree with Scottemojo regarding Jenkins... His body language says it all. No confidence. Hopefully Patton's finger can heal quickly and he can resume full practice.

I just hope that our tape-together WR corp can get us enough until Manningham gets back, and eventually Crabtree. We'll be fine for the final quarter of the season as long as we're still in it by then.

You know your receiving corps is bad when you are looking forward to Manningham getting back.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:50 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information