Kaepernick & Lockette

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:48 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    OkieHawk wrote:How did nobody else pick up on this!? Roland has a crush on Kraperdink. Sorry man, but you put that out there. At least this isn't the shack :th2thumbs:

    Tongue in cheek, bro. :)

    5_Golden_Rings wrote:What if Kaepernick is also in the film room as much or more than anyone else on the team as well? That is, what if you didn't have to choose between a work out warrior and a film warrior because the player is both?

    Ok, please show me some articles with 49ers players quotes referencing ridiculous work ethic habits. You know, stuff like these about Wilson, except for Kaepernick:
    http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/a ... 8dd24c3e23
    http://seattle.sbnation.com/2012/9/2/32 ... work-ethic
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-o ... ell-wilson

    Wilson was texting Percy Harvin before the trade was even finalized, making plans to practice in SoCal, and stuff. Just read those articles, then find some ones like that about Kaepernick, please. If he really does have an equal work ethic to Russell Wilson, I want to know about it.


    http://blog.49ers.com/2013/07/03/mt-gor ... ck-praise/
    Frank Gore - “One thing I love about that young guy, he works. He works very hard. Even before he got the starting job he used to be the first one there and one of the last guys out. As long as he keeps learning, working from the coaches and just being him, he’ll be fine.”

    http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/1/14/3 ... kaepernick
    Patrick Willis - "I'm the type of man I don't like to be outworked, but honestly I get there to the facility and he's outside already warming up."

    From the two main faces of the 49ers

    http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/05/27 ... es-injury/
    Only two weeks after the Super Bowl, Kaep, Lockette, and Jenkins were in Atlanta for two months training and studying.

    :roll:
    "We're the 49ers, we can do whatever we want" - The Great Jim Harbaugh -
    User avatar
    Comeinpeace
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 128
    Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:11 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:26 am
  • Did you even actually read those fully, Comeinpeace? In the Niners Nation one, Willis is specifically talking about him WORKING OUT a lot. Zero in there about anything not related to the physical; all his discussion in there is about how fast Kaepernick is. Well, if we rated QBs on how fast they could run, that might matter. In the sfgate.com one, yes, they played Entourage and lived together; QB plus two receivers. Where's Kaepernick paying to fly a DOZEN teammates to SoCal (or wherever) for off-season workouts like Russell Wilson did? Here, check this pic Tweeted by Sidney Rice: https://twitter.com/sidneyrice/status/3 ... 5208383488

    Are you trying to say there isn't a big difference between that and "sure bro come room with me and we'll study"? Not that that isn't a good thing, it is; but there are considerable differences. Not to mention, if Kaepernick's such a "savant" and insanely hard worker, how come he never earned the starting gig over "All Pro" (GALLONS of sarcasm there) Alex Smith? The fact that Harbaugh used Smith's injury as an excuse to make Kaepernick the new long-term starter proves that Harbaugh was just waiting for a reason, and clearly, Kaepernick never provided that reason of his own.

    Try harder, dude.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26926
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:32 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Did you even actually read those fully, Comeinpeace? In the Niners Nation one, Willis is specifically talking about him WORKING OUT a lot. Zero in there about anything not related to the physical; all his discussion in there is about how fast Kaepernick is. Well, if we rated QBs on how fast they could run, that might matter. In the sfgate.com one, yes, they played Entourage and lived together; QB plus two receivers. Where's Kaepernick paying to fly a DOZEN teammates to SoCal (or wherever) for off-season workouts like Russell Wilson did? Here, check this pic Tweeted by Sidney Rice: https://twitter.com/sidneyrice/status/3 ... 5208383488

    Are you trying to say there isn't a big difference between that and "sure bro come room with me and we'll study"? Not that that isn't a good thing, it is; but there are considerable differences. Not to mention, if Kaepernick's such a "savant" and insanely hard worker, how come he never earned the starting gig over "All Pro" (GALLONS of sarcasm there) Alex Smith? The fact that Harbaugh used Smith's injury as an excuse to make Kaepernick the new long-term starter proves that Harbaugh was just waiting for a reason, and clearly, Kaepernick never provided that reason of his own.

    Try harder, dude.


    I think your trying too hard, dude....and the hate is obvious. I understand you think Russell Wilson is all-world and is the next coming of Jesus himself, but this shtick of yours that no one outworks him and he's the Film Room QB Of The Year takes the cake. Can it be possible that both QBs are great and have strong work ethics and spend countless hours trying to be the best at their respective position? Does it hurt your Hawk pride that much to give them both their just due? Being a fan is one thing but I would hope being divison rivals wouldn't cloud one's judgement when critiquing opposing players. But whatever helps you sleep better at night. If it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside to think CK is a mental midget and is more concerned with his biceps than his mental prep, go right ahead. But when you say things like things he obviously isn't any good because he couldn't beat out Alex Smith as a rookie, well that just proves your football brain isnt as big as you think it is. Its very simple really....

    CK was a raw rookie who needed some tutelage and some fundamental work before being ready to lead a team as a starting QB at the professional level. Its one of the reasons he wasn't a first round pick. He had a funky throwing motion and ran a 'gimmick' offense in college that scouts and critics both shunned during the draft process. The same offense your beloved Seahawks and a handful of other teams now incoperate heavily into their gameplans on Sundays. He never took a snap from center in college. He got by on a strong arm and his athletic ability. He was raw as passer. He needed work. Not unusual for a young QB with raw physical tools but lacking polish to sit and learn.

    RW ran a pro-style offense his entire college career. He was better prepared to have a bigger impact as rookie than CK. Plus he came to team lacking talent at the position. Say what you will about Alex Smith but he was a couple of botched punts away from leading a underdog offense to a SB. He had proven he could be a capable NFL starter. Matt Flynn...not so much. Different circumstances, different personnel, different teams. I said the day we drafted CK he needed to sit a minimum of 2 years before he would be ready to compete for the starting job. So he actually was ahead of schedule in my eyes, when he was annoited the starter halfway through last season. I also said on this very forum after the 2012 draft that RW was the second best QB behind Luck in the that class and that he was better than Matt Flynn even before he took a single rep as a pro. I love being so right. So I'm not just here in defense of my QB, Im merely staring that talent is talent and I don't discriminate against it, no matter what color the jersey is. They're both dillegent students of the game with titireless work ethic and a drive to be great. That much, should be evident by now, from both fanbases.
    User avatar
    757Niner
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 163
    Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:30 pm


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:45 pm
  • Question for you. What would you say if Wilson leads Kaepernick by the end of the regular season in TDs, TD-int ratio, completion percentage, and QB rating?
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26926
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:41 pm
  • The 2nd article you linked said that Wilson shows up at 630 am every morning.

    http://www.sacbee.com/2013/07/28/560248 ... fting.html

    That one says you can find Kaep's car outside the facility at 5:55 every morning. You asked someone to provide links that proved Kaep had an equal to superior work ethic, and mine proves that his are 35 minutes a day better. As for saying it's all physical, dude we can't possibly know their workout/video schedules. You can't really believe that they spend all their time outside of the film room. Russel's SoCal trip happened in March, Kaep was in ATL with a few WRs 2 weeks after the SB. Does that not show quality work ethic?

    As far as what I would say if Wilson leads Kaep in those stats you listed. I would say it would be justified and he earned it, because he is a quality QB with a quality supporting cast around him.

    What would you say if I said that Kaepernick didn't have to spend as much time as Russell studying film since he's more intelligent (higher GPA in HS, and a higher Wonderlic score), which enables him to hone his physical skills and build more chemistry with his young receivers. Not saying it's true, but the facts say that it is a possibility. And you are an advocate on facts right? I can provide links of that if needed as well.
    "We're the 49ers, we can do whatever we want" - The Great Jim Harbaugh -
    User avatar
    Comeinpeace
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 128
    Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:11 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:48 pm
  • 757Niner wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Did you even actually read those fully, Comeinpeace? In the Niners Nation one, Willis is specifically talking about him WORKING OUT a lot. Zero in there about anything not related to the physical; all his discussion in there is about how fast Kaepernick is. Well, if we rated QBs on how fast they could run, that might matter. In the sfgate.com one, yes, they played Entourage and lived together; QB plus two receivers. Where's Kaepernick paying to fly a DOZEN teammates to SoCal (or wherever) for off-season workouts like Russell Wilson did? Here, check this pic Tweeted by Sidney Rice: https://twitter.com/sidneyrice/status/3 ... 5208383488

    Are you trying to say there isn't a big difference between that and "sure bro come room with me and we'll study"? Not that that isn't a good thing, it is; but there are considerable differences. Not to mention, if Kaepernick's such a "savant" and insanely hard worker, how come he never earned the starting gig over "All Pro" (GALLONS of sarcasm there) Alex Smith? The fact that Harbaugh used Smith's injury as an excuse to make Kaepernick the new long-term starter proves that Harbaugh was just waiting for a reason, and clearly, Kaepernick never provided that reason of his own.

    Try harder, dude.


    I think your trying too hard, dude....and the hate is obvious. I understand you think Russell Wilson is all-world and is the next coming of Jesus himself, but this shtick of yours that no one outworks him and he's the Film Room QB Of The Year takes the cake. Can it be possible that both QBs are great and have strong work ethics and spend countless hours trying to be the best at their respective position? Does it hurt your Hawk pride that much to give them both their just due? Being a fan is one thing but I would hope being divison rivals wouldn't cloud one's judgement when critiquing opposing players. But whatever helps you sleep better at night. If it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside to think CK is a mental midget and is more concerned with his biceps than his mental prep, go right ahead. But when you say things like things he obviously isn't any good because he couldn't beat out Alex Smith as a rookie, well that just proves your football brain isnt as big as you think it is. Its very simple really....

    CK was a raw rookie who needed some tutelage and some fundamental work before being ready to lead a team as a starting QB at the professional level. Its one of the reasons he wasn't a first round pick. He had a funky throwing motion and ran a 'gimmick' offense in college that scouts and critics both shunned during the draft process. The same offense your beloved Seahawks and a handful of other teams now incoperate heavily into their gameplans on Sundays. He never took a snap from center in college. He got by on a strong arm and his athletic ability. He was raw as passer. He needed work. Not unusual for a young QB with raw physical tools but lacking polish to sit and learn.

    RW ran a pro-style offense his entire college career. He was better prepared to have a bigger impact as rookie than CK. Plus he came to team lacking talent at the position. Say what you will about Alex Smith but he was a couple of botched punts away from leading a underdog offense to a SB. He had proven he could be a capable NFL starter. Matt Flynn...not so much. Different circumstances, different personnel, different teams. I said the day we drafted CK he needed to sit a minimum of 2 years before he would be ready to compete for the starting job. So he actually was ahead of schedule in my eyes, when he was annoited the starter halfway through last season. I also said on this very forum after the 2012 draft that RW was the second best QB behind Luck in the that class and that he was better than Matt Flynn even before he took a single rep as a pro. I love being so right. So I'm not just here in defense of my QB, Im merely staring that talent is talent and I don't discriminate against it, no matter what color the jersey is. They're both dillegent students of the game with titireless work ethic and a drive to be great. That much, should be evident by now, from both fanbases.


    I hate to say this but that was a hell of a nice post.
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9901
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:52 pm
  • Are two nerds actually arguing about which QB gets to work earlier?
    Holy shit, let it go.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 12012
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:50 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:I hate to say this but that was a hell of a nice post.

    Overall, yeah. However, he's critically wrong about it being my shtick. I'm just referring to what other people are saying. National writers and such too, not just teammates and local reporters with a vested interest.

    Scottemojo wrote:Are two nerds actually arguing about which QB gets to work earlier?
    Holy shit, let it go.

    Since when is work ethic not a valid point of discussion about QBs? Now you're sounding like one of those forum members that tells people what they can and cannot discuss. Take it easy.

    Comeinpeace wrote:The 2nd article you linked said that Wilson shows up at 630 am every morning.

    http://www.sacbee.com/2013/07/28/560248 ... fting.html

    That one says you can find Kaep's car outside the facility at 5:55 every morning. You asked someone to provide links that proved Kaep had an equal to superior work ethic, and mine proves that his are 35 minutes a day better.

    That article was from July 2012, he had just been drafted 3 months before; just sayin'. When they both leave the facility, on average, also makes just as much of a difference, but I can't find any evidence on that for either of them at the moment. Also, another thing; I pointed out that your own 49ers player was referring to Kaepernick always working out. I didn't say it. Stop mischaracterizing what I'm saying. I also have never said Kaepernick has a bad work ethic or anything like that, you're making some leaps of logic based on your negative feelings towards my comments, I think.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26926
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:04 pm
  • Nah, dude, talk about who showed up for work first to your heart's content. I was just a little embarrassed for Seahawks fans, but if that's your thing, go for broke.

    And to your opponent in early morning supremacy, 757, why? Do you think we will all fall down at the temple of Kaep because you convinced all he he actually is awesome and not a douchebag? Do you think we will suddenly fear the Niners more when we discover Kaep is so much more than Wilson. and even taller?

    BTW, I suspect he HAS to get to work at about 4 AM, because teaching remedial football to Lockette with colors and rape whistles probably eats up about 6 hours of each morning. After all, they are roomies. And BFF's.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 12012
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:25 pm
  • I'd say anytime someone spouts off 42-13, that's far more embarrassing representation of Seahawks fans; but that's just my opinion.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26926
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:39 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Ok, please show me some articles with 49ers players quotes referencing ridiculous work ethic habits. You know, stuff like these about Wilson, except for Kaepernick:


    If he really does have an equal work ethic to Russell Wilson, I want to know about it.


    That is what you said. Nothing was mischaracterized. You were insinuating that Kaep didn't have an equal work ethic, otherwise why would you ask for articles and then question if his is equal. You said you wanted to know about it. Also, I have no negative feelings about your posts, they are typically some of the more insightful and thought provoking. I don't let forum posts and banter get to me, s**t I live in Seattle. I deal with you a**holes daily and need thick skin :D

    @Scottemojo

    Yeah, but what else is there to debate about? Who's gonna get injured next in minicamps? Rolands one of the more entertaining posters here when it comes to debates so I figured I'd join in and provide him with the information he seeked. Btw, great writeup earlier about the "43-14."
    "We're the 49ers, we can do whatever we want" - The Great Jim Harbaugh -
    User avatar
    Comeinpeace
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 128
    Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:11 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:48 pm
  • It sounds like he's got more work ethic than I assumed, (Kaepernick) so I'll give him that; but I'm not convinced it's equal to Wilson's. I don't want to get Scotte upset though, ;) so let's skip over that topic.

    I honestly can't wait for this season to start. I may even start making a weekly "Wilson vs. Kaepernick" stats thread, for entertainment's sake. (That might stroke too many 49ers fan egos around here, though; we'll have to see.)
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26926
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:03 pm
  • Roland, once the season starts, I don't think you'll need to start a weekly thread. I'm sure that the Wilson vs Kaep or Kaep vs Wilson debate will be going on for a looooooong time.
    "We're the 49ers, we can do whatever we want" - The Great Jim Harbaugh -
    User avatar
    Comeinpeace
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 128
    Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:11 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:08 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:I'd say anytime someone spouts off 42-13, that's far more embarrassing representation of Seahawks fans; but that's just my opinion.


    But it's so much fun. 49ers fans can't really say anything back that doesn't sound dumber, so the smart ones have to resort to pointing out that "42-13" is lame. And of course, they wouldn't complain about it if it didn't bother them. The more they bring it up, the more I know it's working.
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 11564
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:06 am
  • Ugh! No. It's as stupid as "5 rings".
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26926
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:17 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Question for you. What would you say if Wilson leads Kaepernick by the end of the regular season in TDs, TD-int ratio, completion percentage, and QB rating?

    Kaep's projected 16 game stats if you do the math was pretty comparable to Wilsons.

    One thing I will add to the discussion that may not have been addressed already on this thread, is simply from here forward, who can coach their respective Qb's better? Darell and Pete with Russel, or Harbaugh and Roman with Kaep? My personal opinion of course is Harbaugh, but it would be interesting to find out what the what the 'Hawk fans say. Not that I don't already know what they *might* say. :mrgreen:
    Giedi
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 351
    Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:03 am


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:22 am
  • kearly wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:I'd say anytime someone spouts off 42-13, that's far more embarrassing representation of Seahawks fans; but that's just my opinion.


    But it's so much fun. 49ers fans can't really say anything back that doesn't sound dumber, so the smart ones have to resort to pointing out that "42-13" is lame. And of course, they wouldn't complain about it if it didn't bother them. The more they bring it up, the more I know it's working.

    The reason it's bothersome is that it indicates that Seattle is a really good team. To anybody *not* a fan of Seattle, of course it would bother them. Having said that, the smart 49er fans have their own historical information that would counter that and bother the Seattle fans because these facts also indicate the 49er team is pretty good too. all in all, past history is a wash if you are just focusing on the present, this is a new season and it's looking good for both teams, that's what makes it fun and irritating at the same time.
    Last edited by Giedi on Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Giedi
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 351
    Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:03 am


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:31 am
  • Giedi wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Question for you. What would you say if Wilson leads Kaepernick by the end of the regular season in TDs, TD-int ratio, completion percentage, and QB rating?

    Kaep's projected 16 game stats if you do the math was pretty comparable to Wilsons.

    One thing I will add to the discussion that may not have been addressed already on this thread, is simply from here forward, who can coach their respective Qb's better? Darell and Pete with Russel, or Harbaugh and Roman with Kaep? My personal opinion of course is Harbaugh, but it would be interesting to find out what the what the 'Hawk fans say. Not that I don't already know what they *might* say. :mrgreen:

    Well, it's only logical that Harbaugh is the winner of that question. He was a QB. Carroll is a DB guy, and it's pretty obvious which team finds and develops DB talent better. ;) We have an embarrassment of riches at that position, and I'm including our backups in that. (We were all surprised at how well Jeremy Lane filled in for Brandon Browner while he was suspended, and the 49ers @ Seahawks game was one of those.)

    However, my question was one going forward for the 2013 season. If Wilson beats Kaepernick in those aforementioned categories this year, what would you think/say? It's only at the conclusion of the 2013 regular season that we will mostly know enough about both Wilson and Kaepernick to set realistic expectations for the rest of their careers.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26926
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:01 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Giedi wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Question for you. What would you say if Wilson leads Kaepernick by the end of the regular season in TDs, TD-int ratio, completion percentage, and QB rating?

    Kaep's projected 16 game stats if you do the math was pretty comparable to Wilsons.

    One thing I will add to the discussion that may not have been addressed already on this thread, is simply from here forward, who can coach their respective Qb's better? Darell and Pete with Russel, or Harbaugh and Roman with Kaep? My personal opinion of course is Harbaugh, but it would be interesting to find out what the what the 'Hawk fans say. Not that I don't already know what they *might* say. :mrgreen:

    Well, it's only logical that Harbaugh is the winner of that question. He was a QB. Carroll is a DB guy, and it's pretty obvious which team finds and develops DB talent better. ;) We have an embarrassment of riches at that position, and I'm including our backups in that. (We were all surprised at how well Jeremy Lane filled in for Brandon Browner while he was suspended, and the 49ers @ Seahawks game was one of those.)

    However, my question was one going forward for the 2013 season. If Wilson beats Kaepernick in those aforementioned categories this year, what would you think/say? It's only at the conclusion of the 2013 regular season that we will mostly know enough about both Wilson and Kaepernick to set realistic expectations for the rest of their careers.
    The more difficult question is if both are pretty even in those stats, then what would be the conclusion? Having said that, the most imporant stat in my opinion is wins and losses and whether or not the 49ers win the superbowl. Having come close to 5 yards of winning it all, this year would be a disappointment. I woudln't mind if russell wins on the QB stat category, so long as the wins are more than seattle's and another Lombardi is in the cabinet.
    Giedi
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 351
    Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:03 am


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:45 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:However, my question was one going forward for the 2013 season. If Wilson beats Kaepernick in those aforementioned categories this year, what would you think/say? It's only at the conclusion of the 2013 regular season that we will mostly know enough about both Wilson and Kaepernick to set realistic expectations for the rest of their careers.


    I don't know anyone who would particularly care; all that matters is playoff success. Manning smoked Brady in every regular season stat for their first 7-ish years. Brady won 3 super bowls in that time. You strike me as the type of person who uses players being voted to the pro bowl as some sort of indication of how good they are. Having awesome regular season numbers is the same vanity crap that Tony Romo apologists cling to every year.

    kearly wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:I'd say anytime someone spouts off 42-13, that's far more embarrassing representation of Seahawks fans; but that's just my opinion.


    But it's so much fun. 49ers fans can't really say anything back that doesn't sound dumber, so the smart ones have to resort to pointing out that "42-13" is lame. And of course, they wouldn't complain about it if it didn't bother them. The more they bring it up, the more I know it's working.


    It bothers people in the same way that a kid screaming does. So if that's what you're going for, carry on.
    User avatar
    Disp
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 171
    Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:43 pm


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:29 am
  • Disp wrote:You strike me as the type of person who uses players being voted to the pro bowl as some sort of indication of how good they are. Having awesome regular season numbers is the same vanity crap that Tony Romo apologists cling to every year.


    You are way off the mark, here. I hate Pro Bowl voting. I think it should be Associated Press style only. No players voting, and no fans voting. I think All Pro nominations are worth approximately 162 times as much as Pro Bowl nominations. Also, part of the point of tracking a PLAYER'S stats is it can tell you more about the player than how the team does overall. For instance, the Patriots lose Brady, but still go 11-5 with Cassel. The Colts lose Peyton, and they go 2-14. Now, they tanked some games to get Luck, but regardless; I would say that for at least 3/4ths of the seasons the Patriots and Colts have had Brady and Peyton respectively, the Patriots have been a more talented overall team, in my opinion.

    Hate on individual stats all you want. They're not worthless, but just like any other stat INCLUDING wins/losses and playoff records, you have to take everything else that matters into account; like surrounding talent, coaching talent, etc.

    Let me reiterate, though. I HATE PRO BOWL VOTING. Despise it. I think it's cheap pandering BS that fans get to vote, and all it does is favor the "flavor of the year" media darling franchises. Look at Jeff Saturday, he got voted to the Pro Bowl last year, but he was BENCHED by Green Bay for sucking during the regular season. I hate that kind of crap.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26926
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:49 pm
  • Roland is actually one of the better posters I've encouter here, for the record...

    But why are you worried about how the media potrays any player, right or wrong? That doesn't affect wins or losses. And its not like the media is saying RW is some lazy slug, who doesnt put the work in. CK has no control over what beat writers and national coverage guys focus on. He actually has a certain disdain for the media. He just wants to play football. He's doesnt fit the image of what the traditional franchise QB looks like and that's all they focused on when he became the starter. And he didnt appreciate them focusing on that, instead of his work on the field and he's come to resent them because of it. Part of is JH too, because he's disdain for the the prying eyes of the media is well documented and I'm sure he takes some of that from his coach but its not like he's seeking out the media, in a Chad Johnson/Terrell Owens fashion. He's just putting in work and letting the chips fall where they may.

    As far as 42-13, it happened, we got our ass handed to us, but its still one reg season game. It didn't slow us down nor hamper our momentum heading into the playoffs. It might have actually helped players understand that they weren't as good as their press-clippings suggest. What I find amusing is how Hawks fans conviently forget that was their first win in 4 tries against us. Hawks fans are going to spin it in a fashion that best suits them. Niner fans are going to do the same. NFL Fandom Rule #2 in full effect.

    Outsiders tempted to brand Kaepernick -- after 10 NFL starts -- as a one-read quarterback or a read-option quarterback aren't seeing what coordinator Greg Roman is seeing.

    "He doesn't look at things in a rote fashion," Roman said. "He can see big picture. He understands the trickle-down. Say you give him a play, he is going to look at it in his mind versus all different coverages. All those little acetates are going to fall down at once in his mind, and then he understands the impact and 'hey, maybe we should put this guy in this spot, let him run this and let what's-his-name do this.' He is very interactive."

    The 49ers still plan to use two backs frequently and lean hard on the running game, but it's not so much because a young quarterback is limiting their options. The collaborative aspect Roman referenced is telling in that regard.

    "Last year, I started to bounce things off him because I started to really trust him," Roman said. "I liked what I was hearing and seeing. Now, he has a hand in the pot, too. That is what you want. He is the quarterback. You can evolve with him, and he'll be part of that evolution process. I just love getting him thinking, because he is great."


    http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... co-49ers-2

    I think CK is right on schedule from my orginal prediction that his 3rd year would be the year he could lead a NFL team. Last year afforded him some much needed on-the-job training. He still needs work in a lot ways but he is in a great to position to build on last year. I'm not big on stats defining QB play becasue so many factors go into a QB success that is totally out of his control. I would never say CK is better than RW, reagrdless if the stats suggested so, and vice versa. Because more goes into playing the position than the end result of each play. But if you watch and analyze the game, its easy to determine how important a QB is to the overall success of a offense. And both players will be instrumental in the success/failure of both franchises going forward. I never compared Montana and Elway. Why? They were both great and did it in different ways. Different attributes, different approaches to the game but in the end, they both won and went down in history as two of the best to ever do it. That's how I look at the RW/Kaep/RG3/Luck comparisons. I think they'll all be good/great in their own way, respectively.
    User avatar
    757Niner
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 163
    Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:30 pm


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:59 pm
  • 757, you might say I have a pet peeve about undeserving praise. Not just for NFL players, but anybody, period. Watching someone get smoke blown up their arse just annoys me; and that's largely what fan voting is, too.

    Good post, I mostly agree with what you've said. They're definitely not the same player, (RW and Kaep) but I would say it's just human nature to compare different things in the same category against each other. Apples to apples, oranges to oranges, quarterbacks to quarterbacks. :)
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26926
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:29 pm
  • "5 rings" is a lot, lot dumber. If I was a 49ers fan, I would never use it. It has zilch to do with the rivalry. That plus, it was a very long time ago. It's not like you hear the Packers talking about their championships from the 1960s. Talking about rings from a generation ago only highlights what they haven't done lately.

    At least "42-13" directly relates to the rivalry.

    The best rivalry centric argument 49ers fans can use is Harbaugh's record against Pete, IMO.
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 11564
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:48 pm
  • kearly wrote:"5 rings" is a lot, lot dumber. If I was a 49ers fan, I would never use it. It has zilch to do with the rivalry. That plus, it was a very long time ago. It's not like you hear the Packers talking about their championships from the 1960s. Talking about rings from a generation ago only highlights what they haven't done lately.

    At least "42-13" directly relates to the rivalry.

    The best rivalry centric argument 49ers fans can use is Harbaugh's record against Pete, IMO.

    BINGO! :th2thumbs:
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12427
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:27 am
  • kearly wrote:"5 rings" is a lot, lot dumber. If I was a 49ers fan, I would never use it. It has zilch to do with the rivalry. That plus, it was a very long time ago. It's not like you hear the Packers talking about their championships from the 1960s. Talking about rings from a generation ago only highlights what they haven't done lately.

    At least "42-13" directly relates to the rivalry.

    The best rivalry centric argument 49ers fans can use is Harbaugh's record against Pete, IMO.



    Agreed! :thirishdrinkers:
    Opinion has caused more trouble on this little earth than plagues or earthquakes.
    -Voltaire
    User avatar
    HawkMeat
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 413
    Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:56 am
    Location: Kidnap County


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:47 am
  • kearly wrote:"5 rings" is a lot, lot dumber. If I was a 49ers fan, I would never use it. It has zilch to do with the rivalry. That plus, it was a very long time ago. It's not like you hear the Packers talking about their championships from the 1960s. Talking about rings from a generation ago only highlights what they haven't done lately.

    At least "42-13" directly relates to the rivalry.

    The best rivalry centric argument 49ers fans can use is Harbaugh's record against Pete, IMO.


    Its not a rivalry though...YET. That's the thing I don't think most Hawks fans realize. The Rams are more our rival than either you guys or the Cards. The Hawks have been in the NFC less than 20 years if memory serves me correct. There isn't enough history between the two teams to say its a rivalry. Being in same division doesnt necessarily make your rivals, in the true sense of the word. The Cowboys and Giants are more our rivals than anyone in our division. Maybe even the Packers too. There is significant histroy there. Epic battles with SB berths and playoff wins at stake. Those are significant and monumental battles well documented in football lore. I have much more disdain for the G-Men and Cowboys than I do the Hawks and most Niner fans I know feel excatly the same. It can't be a rivalry if one team is playing for SBs and the other team is picking in the top 10 in the draft and that was the case for pretty much from 2002-2010. Then when we started to rise, you guys slid. The Lakers/Celtics rivalry is just that because they were two GREAT teams competing for world titles. And that's why this year, 2013 is the start. Both franchises at peaking at the same time, playing not only for divisional aspirations but SB berths as well. That's when its significant. That's when the general public, not just Hawks and Niners fans take notice. And that's when you know its real. I totally understand the point your making though.
    User avatar
    757Niner
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 163
    Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:30 pm


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:53 am
  • 757Niner wrote:Its not a rivalry though...YET.


    Well, maybe you'll consider it one when we win the division 3 years in a row starting now.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26926
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:58 am
  • 757Niner wrote:The Hawks have been in the NFC less than 20 years if memory serves me correct.


    So, let's get this straight...you don't know how long the Seahawks have been in the NFC West? How old are you, exactly, and when did you start watching football?
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    User avatar
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *
     
    Posts: 4157
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 am


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:12 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    757Niner wrote:Its not a rivalry though...YET.


    Well, maybe you'll consider it one when we win the division 3 years in a row starting now.


    touche...
    User avatar
    757Niner
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 163
    Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:30 pm


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:18 am
  • HawksFTW wrote:
    757Niner wrote:The Hawks have been in the NFC less than 20 years if memory serves me correct.


    So, let's get this straight...you don't know how long the Seahawks have been in the NFC West? How old are you, exactly, and when did you start watching football?


    Why is my businesss to know Hawks business? How long you've been my divison is irrelevant to me and has no significance whatsoever because, as I alluded to, I never viewed you guys as our rivalry. Nor the Cards and I can't tell you how long they've been in the NFC West either. As far as my football acumen, me knowing the answer some random football triva question has no barring on the later. My posts speak for themselves.
    User avatar
    757Niner
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 163
    Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:30 pm


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:31 am
  • 757Niner wrote:
    HawksFTW wrote:
    757Niner wrote:The Hawks have been in the NFC less than 20 years if memory serves me correct.


    So, let's get this straight...you don't know how long the Seahawks have been in the NFC West? How old are you, exactly, and when did you start watching football?


    Why is my businesss to know Hawks business? How long you've been my divison is irrelevant to me and has no significance whatsoever because, as I alluded to, I never viewed you guys as our rivalry. Nor the Cards and I can't tell you how long they've been in the NFC West either. As far as my football acumen, me knowing the answer some random football triva question has no barring on the later. My posts speak for themselves.



    They say more than I think you intend.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    User avatar
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *
     
    Posts: 4157
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 am


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:37 am
  • The Seahawks aren't the Niners' main rivals? Tell that to the people posting at NinersNation and 49ersWebZone. :lol:

    Personally, I have always hated the Niners even as a little kid, so transferring some of my Raiders/Broncos hate to the Niners was no problem for me.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

    --Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    User avatar
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3760
    Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm
    Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:57 am
  • I love how this guy calls a franchise that hasn't had a winning season in 9 years his team's main rival. I know you 49ers fans are stuck in the past where your glory years reside, but you have to balance history with what's actually happening in modern times.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26926
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:52 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:I love how this guy calls a franchise that hasn't had a winning season in 9 years his team's main rival. I know you 49ers fans are stuck in the past where your glory years reside, but you have to balance history with what's actually happening in modern times.


    I think it's the loss and tie versus them last season which fuels their vitriol.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

    He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    User avatar
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 5749
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:29 am
    Location: Back in Seattle


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:09 pm
  • The Seahawks have owned the NFC West since they got there in 2002
    User avatar
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 376
    Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:40 am
    Location: Tacoma, WA


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:40 pm
  • I've been a Niners fan since way before the Seahawks were in the NFC West(although I wasn't born when they first played in the same conference). I have never thought of the Seahawks as a rival. This year feels different, but I will wait and see. I honestly don't care if the Niners win the division, as long as they make the playoffs. I would love the #1 seed, but the #6 seed is alright by me. Although I want the Niners to win week 2, it is much more of a must win for the Seahawks. JMO.

    Chris
    Manbearpig99
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 35
    Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:50 pm


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:21 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:I love how this guy calls a franchise that hasn't had a winning season in 9 years his team's main rival. I know you 49ers fans are stuck in the past where your glory years reside, but you have to balance history with what's actually happening in modern times.


    To have a rivarly, there has to be history of significant games. I didn't say the Rams are out main rival. I said they are viewed probably as our main rival in the division based on past history. We're the two teams that have been in the NFC West the longest. Just because as Hawks fans view us as your rival, doesnt mean the Niner fanbase feels the same. You poll any Niner message board, and I guaranteed, they'll say the Cowboys and Giants are viewed as our main rivals. Hawks might be 4th on the list. That's only talking about past history of the two teams, not how it will be viewed going forward.
    User avatar
    757Niner
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 163
    Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:30 pm


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:16 pm
  • I think the Niners fans hate the 'Boys more than us still, but just look at a typical Niners fan board this offseason. They weren't reporting breathlessly upon, and then pooh-poohing out of hand, the FA/trade moves of the Giants or Rams.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

    --Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    User avatar
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3760
    Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm
    Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:32 pm
  • this thread is about the homoerotic nature of the Kaepernick Lockette relationship, GET THIS THREAD BACK ON TRCK
    4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
    "He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."
    User avatar
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 947
    Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
    Location: Bellingham, WA


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:36 pm
  • TheRealDTM wrote:this thread is about the homoerotic nature of the Kaepernick Lockette relationship, GET THIS THREAD BACK ON TRCK


    Does this really get the thread back on track?
    Manbearpig99
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 35
    Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:50 pm


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:55 pm
  • 757Niner wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:I love how this guy calls a franchise that hasn't had a winning season in 9 years his team's main rival. I know you 49ers fans are stuck in the past where your glory years reside, but you have to balance history with what's actually happening in modern times.


    To have a rivarly, there has to be history of significant games. I didn't say the Rams are out main rival. I said they are viewed probably as our main rival in the division based on past history. We're the two teams that have been in the NFC West the longest. Just because as Hawks fans view us as your rival, doesnt mean the Niner fanbase feels the same. You poll any Niner message board, and I guaranteed, they'll say the Cowboys and Giants are viewed as our main rivals. Hawks might be 4th on the list. That's only talking about past history of the two teams, not how it will be viewed going forward.


    Utter bullshit. You are at a division rival's site checking to see what they said about your team. Ergo, rivalry.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 12012
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:10 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:
    757Niner wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:I love how this guy calls a franchise that hasn't had a winning season in 9 years his team's main rival. I know you 49ers fans are stuck in the past where your glory years reside, but you have to balance history with what's actually happening in modern times.


    To have a rivarly, there has to be history of significant games. I didn't say the Rams are out main rival. I said they are viewed probably as our main rival in the division based on past history. We're the two teams that have been in the NFC West the longest. Just because as Hawks fans view us as your rival, doesnt mean the Niner fanbase feels the same. You poll any Niner message board, and I guaranteed, they'll say the Cowboys and Giants are viewed as our main rivals. Hawks might be 4th on the list. That's only talking about past history of the two teams, not how it will be viewed going forward.


    Utter bullshit. You are at a division rival's site checking to see what they said about your team. Ergo, rivalry.


    I'm also on the Texans, Dolphins, Bengals, Redskins, Chiefs, Broncos, Packers, and Panthers message boards...are they my rivals too? Riddle me this, so your saying back in 2004-2007, when you guys owned the division, we were your biggest rivials then too? The lowly Niners, who could barely win 6 games, while you were in the playoffs year after year? To have a riviarly, you must first, have two quality opponents, playing for something significant. A riviarly has to have history. There is no history with our two franchises because we've never been good at the same time, playing for high stakes, for a riviarly to even begin. Will you be our bigger rivial going forward? All signs point to it. Stacked roster, good coach, awsome GM and personnel group for both teams. And we're in the same division, a divison getting tougher by the minute so everything is in place for the rivalry to commence. But historically NO, your not our rival. And a majority of Niner fans would tell you the same.
    User avatar
    757Niner
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 163
    Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:30 pm


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:13 am
  • 757Niner wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:
    757Niner wrote:
    To have a rivarly, there has to be history of significant games. I didn't say the Rams are out main rival. I said they are viewed probably as our main rival in the division based on past history. We're the two teams that have been in the NFC West the longest. Just because as Hawks fans view us as your rival, doesnt mean the Niner fanbase feels the same. You poll any Niner message board, and I guaranteed, they'll say the Cowboys and Giants are viewed as our main rivals. Hawks might be 4th on the list. That's only talking about past history of the two teams, not how it will be viewed going forward.


    Utter bullshit. You are at a division rival's site checking to see what they said about your team. Ergo, rivalry.


    I'm also on the Texans, Dolphins, Bengals, Redskins, Chiefs, Broncos, Packers, and Panthers message boards...are they my rivals too? Riddle me this, so your saying back in 2004-2007, when you guys owned the division, we were your biggest rivials then too? The lowly Niners, who could barely win 6 games, while you were in the playoffs year after year? To have a riviarly, you must first, have two quality opponents, playing for something significant. A riviarly has to have history. There is no history with our two franchises because we've never been good at the same time, playing for high stakes, for a riviarly to even begin. Will you be our bigger rivial going forward? All signs point to it. Stacked roster, good coach, awsome GM and personnel group for both teams. And we're in the same division, a divison getting tougher by the minute so everything is in place for the rivalry to commence. But historically NO, your not our rival. And a majority of Niner fans would tell you the same.


    That was a whole lot of words to admit that yes, this is a growing rivalry, and since you can't have growth without being a rivalry, however small, existing in the first place, well, then, what are you arguing exactly?
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

    RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 15795
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:42 am
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:
    That was a whole lot of words to admit that yes, this is a growing rivalry, and since you can't have growth without being a rivalry, however small, existing in the first place, well, then, what are you arguing exactly?


    I look at a rivarly in historic terms. 95% of Niner fans have more disdain and historical hatred for teams outside our division. Because if it wasn't for the Cowboys, or the Giants, or the Packers, we could very well have maybe 8-10 Lombardi's. I'm talking the fans who have been down since the 80's and 90's and suffered through the lean years. Not these bandwagoners that have popped up all of a sudden. We owned the NFC West for 20+ years so at least so personally, I've never viewed any team in the NFC West as a rival, merely a divisonal foe. Even back when the Rams were owing the divison and going to Super Bowls, I actually rooted for them, because they were in our divison. Same with you guys. I would never root for the Cowboys or Giants or Packers, under any circumstances. I never want to see those teams prosper lol. It is what it is. A 'growing rivarly' is a excellent term and a statement I can readily admit to. But some poster referred to the Hawks as our biggest rivial. Now going forward, all signs point to that. Stacked roster, good HC, a young, emerging star at QB, stingy defenses, great GM and personnel departements that scout and draft high quality players are prevalent for both franchises. But historically, NO...and its not even close really.
    User avatar
    757Niner
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 163
    Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:30 pm


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:03 am
  • 757Niner wrote:if it wasn't for

    "If it wasn't for" is a phrase that has no place in football, 757.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26926
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:00 am
  • Lockette will make the squad. Book it. No way are they cutting Kaep's bff.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 12012
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:03 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:Lockette will make the squad. Book it. No way are they cutting Kaep's bff.


    They are desperately seeking a WR that Kaep can't overthrow.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2334
    Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:18 pm


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:13 pm
  • rideaducati wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:Lockette will make the squad. Book it. No way are they cutting Kaep's bff.


    They are desperately seeking a WR that Kaep can't overthrow.


    As of now, with Crabtree and Manningham on the PUP list, the WR depth chart is:

    Boldin
    Williams
    Jenkins
    Lockette
    Patton
    Moore

    I can see us keeping Marlon Moore until Manningham is activated, then releasing him. What will be interesting is what will we do with Lockette once Crabtree returns in late Nov / early Dec...
    NinerBuff
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 288
    Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:02 pm


Re: Kaepernick & Lockette
Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:33 pm
  • Did you guys know.
    49ers/Seahawks all time record is tied at 14-14?
    47degreesn
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 43
    Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:05 am


Next


It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:15 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information