Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]

Post subject: Corperate NFL ownership?
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:06 pm 
NET Veteran

Read a story about the worth and cost of a NFL team, they are talking about changeing the principle ownership to a lower amount, used to be like 50 percent and they are looking at a reduction since the cost of a team is so high now say like 30 or 25 percent. They were also saying that due to the high cost and value that instead of individual owners they may start looking at Corperate team ownership. So stating that you could have Boeing, Microsoft, Amazon or Google buy a team.

I can see all sorts of wrong with this based on the current Corperate corruption we see today, especially Banks. Bank of America owning the Cowboys. How would you feel about the integrity of the game?

Anyway thought it might be a interesting topic to discuss and or think about. Given our owners worth and the rest of the league wanting to figure a way to keep up with the Allens of the world on the professional sports scene I could see something like this happening.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.

Post subject: Re: Corperate NFL ownership?
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:19 pm 
USMC 1970-77

I'll give that a :pukeface: . Just look at the Mariners to see how corporate ownership looks in professional sports.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

Post Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:47 pm 
NET Veteran

-Roger Goodell wants an 18 games season.
-Roger wants complete control over the physicality of the game which is turning this game into two-hand touch.
-Roger wants to put an NFL team in London, Mexico, and who knows where else.
-Now they want to cooperatives ownership in the NFL?

This would open up the door for many companies that have no idea what the NFL is all about, I hate this idea. Just think about if Disney owned an NFL team, How soft would that team be?

These are things that will destroy this game which is the most popular game in this country, and it kills me to even think about what this game will turn into in 5-10 years.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:42 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

I dont get it. There are 32 teams all with ownership and they are all can't lose profitable. Why change?

Post Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:24 pm 
NET Veteran

sutz wrote:
I'll give that a :pukeface: . Just look at the Mariners to see how corporate ownership looks in professional sports.

THIS!

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

Post Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:55 pm 
* Report Button *

Glad to know I wasn't wrong when I hated the Goodell hire.

What a dumb idea. Sherman would be unemployed, at least by a corporation.

Good post, Chris.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:12 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *

Most all the owners of NFL teams are corporate juggernauts already. Don't believe a damn thing would change

Post Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:38 pm 
NET Veteran

chris98251 wrote:
Read a story about the worth and cost of a NFL team, they are talking about changeing the principle ownership to a lower amount, used to be like 50 percent and they are looking at a reduction since the cost of a team is so high now say like 30 or 25 percent. They were also saying that due to the high cost and value that instead of individual owners they may start looking at Corperate team ownership. So stating that you could have Boeing, Microsoft, Amazon or Google buy a team.

I can see all sorts of wrong with this based on the current Corperate corruption we see today, especially Banks. Bank of America owning the Cowboys. How would you feel about the integrity of the game?

Anyway thought it might be a interesting topic to discuss and or think about. Given our owners worth and the rest of the league wanting to figure a way to keep up with the Allens of the world on the professional sports scene I could see something like this happening.

I probably am not allowed to use this pair of words, but what the f*ck and what b*llsh*t. Excuse me while I puke in the corner.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:45 pm 
NET Veteran

Johnny wrote:
-Roger Goodell wants an 18 games season.
-Roger wants complete control over the physicality of the game which is turning this game into two-hand touch.
-Roger wants to put an NFL team in London, Mexico, and who knows where else.
-Now they want to cooperatives ownership in the NFL?

This would open up the door for many companies that have no idea what the NFL is all about, I hate this idea. Just think about if Disney owned asn NFL team, How soft would that team be?

These are things that will destroy this game which is the most popular game in this country, and it kills me to even think about what this game will turn into in 5-10 years.
Soccer? Given that is the world's most popular sport and the money makes even the NFL second class at best....

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]