Bucs Trade Eric Wright to the Niners

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Re: Bucs Trade Eric Wright to the Niners
Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:36 pm
  • KCHawkGirl wrote:Even more reason to ignore it. Given sites like those are like going to the zoo to specifically watch the monkeys throw poo though their bars of their cages at those dumb enough to be outside said cages.

I remember trying to go there last year to see if Webzone's ignorance was the baseline but they asked me to register. I only wanted to lurk not post. That pretty much answered my question then and there.:)

Any site that's fine with the cut of their jib should have no problem with the public viewing the monkeys in their natural environment. If they require registration just for viewing? They have serious issues and something to hide. Take that to the bank.

The site is registration only because it is an official message board, run by the team. The registration requirement filters out all of the nonsense and trolls. Webzone is open to anyone, and you can clearly see the maturity level over there...

If you do register at the official forum, you'd probably be welcomed, so long as you're not just there to troll.
    JSeahawks wrote:We might as well rename this site Seahawks&49ers.net.
    60niners
    NET Rookie

Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:16 pm
  • 60niners wrote:
    KCHawkGirl wrote:Even more reason to ignore it. Given sites like those are like going to the zoo to specifically watch the monkeys throw poo though their bars of their cages at those dumb enough to be outside said cages.

I remember trying to go there last year to see if Webzone's ignorance was the baseline but they asked me to register. I only wanted to lurk not post. That pretty much answered my question then and there.:)

Any site that's fine with the cut of their jib should have no problem with the public viewing the monkeys in their natural environment. If they require registration just for viewing? They have serious issues and something to hide. Take that to the bank.

The site is registration only because it is an official message board, run by the team. The registration requirement filters out all of the nonsense and trolls. Webzone is open to anyone, and you can clearly see the maturity level over there...

If you do register at the official forum, you'd probably be welcomed, so long as you're not just there to troll.

You aren't listening to me. I don't want to post on your home. Why should I? I hate your team and that goes far beyond the division and league switch. I was born in San Francisco and grew up there until 6th grade.

Honestly I started loving football in 1983 or so but followed it years before because of my brothers so I have a decent grasp of Seahawk and NFL history. And 49er history pertaining to the 1970-90's era.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:23 am
  • KCHawkGirl wrote:
    60niners wrote:
    KCHawkGirl wrote:Even more reason to ignore it. Given sites like those are like going to the zoo to specifically watch the monkeys throw poo though their bars of their cages at those dumb enough to be outside said cages.

You aren't listening to me. I don't want to post on your home. Why should I? I hate your team and that goes far beyond the division and league switch. I was born in San Francisco and grew up there until 6th grade.

Honestly I started loving football in 1983 or so but followed it years before because of my brothers so I have a decent grasp of Seahawk and NFL history. And 49er history pertaining to the 1970-90's era.

I certainly wasn't inviting you over, I was merely stating a fact. You seemed confused about why the board was blocked off to non-registered guests.
    JSeahawks wrote:We might as well rename this site Seahawks&49ers.net.
    60niners
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:36 pm
  • After trading for him and then determining that he flunked his physical, the Whiners have just signed Eric Wright to a 1-year deal.

Adam Schefter just reported it on ESPN.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:47 pm
  • What a bunch of two face slimeballs, the 49ers are disgusting.

The nfl should force them to surrender the draft pick to the Bucs, they (49ers) are playing DIRTY DIRTY pool.
    4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
    "He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:54 pm
  • Yeah because the conditional 7th round pick would really be worth the trouble especially with the mountains of draft picks we have. :thirishdrinkers:
    mretrade
    NET Starter

Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:00 pm
  • TheRealDTM wrote:What a bunch of two face slimeballs, the 49ers are disgusting.

The nfl should force them to surrender the draft pick to the Bucs, they (49ers) are playing DIRTY DIRTY pool.

LOL. Gotta love the Niner hate.

Actually, he failed the physical due to a problem with his Achilles.

The Niners signed him today and immediately put him on the Non-Football Injury list.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:11 pm
  • Harbaalke are working their magic again just like usual. Acquiring players for practically nothing LOL!
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:13 pm
  • This kid can actually play too from what I hear. We need players who can play the ball in the air. If I was a QB playing against SF, I would throw jump balls all day long.
    mretrade
    NET Starter

Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:21 pm

Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:23 pm
  • TheRealDTM: They didn't renege. It was pending passing a physical and he didn't pass.

Also Harbaugh said they would like to make it right regarding Brown but its really not his call. Its Trent Baalkes and likely the reason for the disconnect.
    mretrade
    NET Starter

Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:36 pm
  • mretrade wrote:TheRealDTM: They didn't renege. It was pending passing a physical and he didn't pass.

But a week later his physical state is acceptable to join the team. Six in one hand...
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:44 pm
  • He was placed on non-football injury list so he is not really joining the team. He probably still can't pass the physical.

Its not like the Bucs were forced to cut him.
    mretrade
    NET Starter

Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:54 pm
  • TheRealDTM wrote:
    mretrade wrote:TheRealDTM: They didn't renege. It was pending passing a physical and he didn't pass.

But a week later his physical state is acceptable to join the team. Six in one hand...

You're probably making too big a deal about this. It's not like they just signed Revis. Rather they got someone who couldn't pass a physical and then got nixed for a DUI.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:56 pm
  • Spygate 2.0 somebody arrest Baalke and Harbaugh for being below reproach
    mretrade
    NET Starter

Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:16 pm
  • TheRealDTM wrote:
    mretrade wrote:TheRealDTM: They didn't renege. It was pending passing a physical and he didn't pass.

Oh relax. He failed the physical so trade was never completed. He was signed later (AFTER Bucs cut him and AFTER every other team in the NFL had a shot to sign him).

He was also signed and IMMEDIATLY put on the Non-Football Injury list.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:20 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    TheRealDTM wrote:

Oh relax. He failed the physical so trade was never completed. He was signed later (AFTER Bucs cut him and AFTER every other team in the NFL had a shot to sign him).

It's a used car salesman move.
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:29 pm
  • TheRealDTM wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    TheRealDTM wrote:

It's a used car salesman move.

Dude. LOL.

The guy failed his physical. The Bucs released him. The Bucs were ALWAYS going to release him as evidensed by the fact that they did so as soon as the 49ers failed him on the physical. They never had to give up a pick in the first place!!

Now they have signed him and moved him to the Non-Football injury list. Why? BECAUSE HE ISN'T HEALTHY. It isn't a shady move and you would have a COMPLETELY different view of it if you weren't stuck in Seahawk "49ers are evil" land.

The funny part is that NOBODY in 49er country is surprised by it. We've been talking about it since the trade was voided.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:30 pm
  • RichNhansom wrote:49ers.com requires a membership to even view the threads. WZ doesn't.

One of the main reasons that it requires a membership is because a lot of kiddies are on that boards and the 49ers organization wants to make it family friendly, ie. no swear words, and no pron or semi pron stuff, there is no real *smack* talk allowed - and I define smack talk as calling folks names and personal insults. They are very strict about that and enforce their rules with rutheless vigilance. I'm both at the Webzone and official 49er boards - clearly the Webzone boards has core of much older and probably more knowlegable fans than the 49er.com boards. But the Webzone also is a lot more free in what they allow and don't allow - hence there are more idiot postings there than at the 49ers.com site. I define idiot postings as sorta kinda like Smack talk but smack talk regarding 49er subjects and directed at other 49er fans. I belive the Webzone is a lot older than the official boards.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:36 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Now they have signed him and moved him to the Non-Football injury list. Why? BECAUSE HE ISN'T HEALTHY. It isn't a shady move and you would have a COMPLETELY different view of it if you weren't stuck in Seahawk "49ers are evil" land.

Aye, and if you didn't have your 49ers blinders on you'd realize this was a very shady move, but no honor among thieves and all that I assume.

TB: You want eric wright for low round pick?
    SF: OMG YES
    TB: Good we were going to release him if we couldn't find a partner
    SF: ummm.... he didn't pass his physical sorry no trade
    TB:....

3 weeks and 1 injury later
    "the 49ers have signed eric wright"
    TB:.... dude wtf....
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:41 pm
  • Giedi wrote:
    RichNhansom wrote:49ers.com requires a membership to even view the threads. WZ doesn't.

One of the main reasons that it requires a membership is because a lot of kiddies are on that boards and the 49ers organization wants to make it family friendly, ie. no swear words, and no pron or semi pron stuff, there is no real *smack* talk allowed - and I define smack talk as calling folks names and personal insults. They are very strict about that and enforce their rules with rutheless vigilance. I'm both at the Webzone and official 49er boards - clearly the Webzone boards has core of much older and probably more knowlegable fans than the 49er.com boards. But the Webzone also is a lot more free in what they allow and don't allow - hence there are more idiot postings there than at the 49ers.com site. I define idiot postings as sorta kinda like Smack talk but smack talk regarding 49er subjects and directed at other 49er fans. I belive the Webzone is a lot older than the official boards.

Probably largely correct.

The Webzone has a number of really good posters and a number of...um....not so good posters. :D
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:43 pm
  • TheRealDTM wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

Aye, and if you didn't have your 49ers blinders on you'd realize this was a very shady move, but no honor among thieves and all that I assume.

Right. It went down just like that. SMDH.

I don't know why I bother.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:46 pm
  • Niner fans: Do you think Wright really got suspended for Adderall?
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:48 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    TheRealDTM wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

Right so your saying your front office was too stupid to realize the bucs were going to drop wright? Or are you saying that fact didn't come into play because they are so honorable?

Based on the fact the SF FO "didn't know" Terrell Brown had a 2million escalator in his contract, and "would have told him if we knew." I assume your just going to say the 49ers front office is inept.... or are you saying they had knowledge of this stuff?
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:54 pm
  • TheRealDTM wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    TheRealDTM wrote:

Right so your saying your front office was too stupid to realize the bucs were going to drop wright? Or are you saying that fact didn't come into play because they are so honorable?

I'm saying they knew he was going to be released but decided to trade for him so they didn't risk him signing with another team. They did the same with Boldin whom was going to be released. It was no secret to ANYONE that the Bucs were going to release Wright.

Wright then came in and failed the physical.

Trade voided.

ANY OTHER TEAM had 2 weeks to sign him. The Bucs didn't have to release him. The Niners said the day he failed the physical that they would "keep an eye on the situation" and beat writers in the bay have been asking the team almost every day if there was a chance he'd be signed.

It really isn't that complicated. Its only your desire to hate the Niners that is clouding the situation.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:55 pm
  • DTM, don't make me do this, but TB got Wright back after the failed physical. Instead of putting him on their own injury list, they released him. At that point it's fair game for anyone. No team is going to the trouble you think over a conditional 7th. I know on the headline it seems shady, but if you think about it, there's nothing to it.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:03 pm
  • AbsolutNET wrote:DTM, don't make me do this, but TB got Wright back after the failed physical. Instead of putting him on their own injury list, they released him. At that point it's fair game for anyone. No team is going to the trouble you think over a conditional 7th. I know on the headline it seems shady, but if you think about it, there's nothing to it.

Exactly that's my point, they knew the bucs were going to release him. So they figured, lets not waste a late round pick. It's evidenced by the facts they said "we'll be monitoring the situation."

Did they break any rules? No
    Is it shady as shit business? Yes

Essentially they figured, after making the trade, that with the his injuries (cough cough arrest cough cough) he wasn't worth it for a draft pick, but they still valued him and wanted him on there team, just not if it was going to cost them a draft pick.

Also if you go back and look the "TB is going to release Eric Wright" stuff came out after the trade was announced, please prove me wrong...
    Last edited by TheRealDTM on Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:04 pm
  • Especially considering the Niners are loaded with draft picks and dont need the pick that badly.
    mretrade
    NET Starter

Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:05 pm
  • mretrade wrote:Especially considering the Niners are loaded with draft picks and dont need the pick that badly.

So loaded they can't afford to spend a pick to go through with a trade for a player they want? Instead they wait until he's free to them?

Don't get me wrong it's smart, you don't get to where the 49ers are without being smart, and if I'm smart enough to realize, "hey lets not make this trade, then get him for free later," they SURE AS HELL are. Again Lowclass, and that's all i'm saying.
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:12 pm
  • The problem I see with the situation is by the Niners failing him on the physical they sent a message to the rest of the league and that message was a team in disarray at the CB position with hopes of getting back to the superbowl say's he's not healthy or worth the risk. That definitely came into play when other teams considered bringing him in.

The problem I see with Niner fans is they seem to be willing to dismiss anything Niner negative as "no big deal" while simultaneously jumping on anything they can to discredit the Seahawks team, organization and fan base.

Kaep in a Dolphins hat? He was just matching cloths. Go Dalphins.
    Brooks breaking a bottle over a team mates head? That's what happens when Bro's drink. They should cut the guy that got hit.
    Harbocryte saying if you have to cheat you already lost. He didn't say anything untrue.
    Trading for a PED offender two weeks later? It doesn't count now. Let's ignore the multiple DUI's.
    Failing said PED offender physically? Yeah he sucked anyways, I hated that deal.
    Resigning PED offender after telling the league he isn't fit to play? He's on the PUP list and it's normal business.
    Cheating a player out of 2 Mill? Harbacryte said he was sorry.
    Papaki sexually abusing his Turtle? What? You mean that's not normal?

I could go on for days but you get the point.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:15 pm
  • TheRealDTM wrote:
    AbsolutNET wrote:DTM, don't make me do this, but TB got Wright back after the failed physical. Instead of putting him on their own injury list, they released him. At that point it's fair game for anyone. No team is going to the trouble you think over a conditional 7th. I know on the headline it seems shady, but if you think about it, there's nothing to it.

Exactly that's my point, they knew the bucs were going to release him. So they figured, lets not waste a late round pick. It's evidenced by the facts they said "we'll be monitoring the situation."

Did they break any rules? No
    Is it shady as shit business? Yes

Essentially they figured, after making the trade, that with the his injuries (cough cough arrest cough cough) he wasn't worth it for a draft pick, but they still valued him and wanted him on there team, just not if it was going to cost them a draft pick.

Also if you go back and look the "TB is going to release Eric Wright" stuff came out after the trade was announced, please prove me wrong...

You still aren't getting this...

Everyone knew he was going to be released BEFORE the trade went down. Some were surprised that the 49ers made a trade for a player that was going to be released. They made the trade to keep him off the market to assure that they would get him. THEN he failed the physical. If you think it surprised ANYONE that the Bucs released him, then you haven't been paying attention and explains your entire line of thinking.

The monitored the situation to see if he would sign elswhere.

He didn't.

49ers sign him and put him on Non-football injury list.

Stop trying to manufacture a conspiracy. Its really simple and you only WANT it to be shady.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:16 pm
  • mretrade wrote:Spygate 2.0 somebody arrest Baalke and Harbaugh for being below reproach

Well they wouldn't be the first Niner brass facing prison time.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:18 pm
  • RichNhansom wrote:The problem I see with the situation is by the Niners failing him on the physical they sent a message to the rest of the league and that message was a team in disarray at the CB position with hopes of getting back to the superbowl say's he's not healthy or worth the risk. That definitely came into play when other teams considered bringing him in.

The problem I see with Niner fans is they seem to be willing to dismiss anything Niner negative as "no big deal" while simultaneously jumping on anything they can to discredit the Seahawks team, organization and fan base.

Kaep in a Dolphins hat? He was just matching cloths. Go Dalphins.
    Brooks breaking a bottle over a team mates head? That's what happens when Bro's drink. They should cut the guy that got hit.
    Harbocryte saying if you have to cheat you already lost. He didn't say anything untrue.
    Trading for a PED offender two weeks later? It doesn't count now. Let's ignore the multiple DUI's.
    Failing said PED offender physically? Yeah he sucked anyways, I hated that deal.
    Resigning PED offender after telling the league he isn't fit to play? He's on the PUP list and it's normal business.
    Cheating a player out of 2 Mill? Harbacryte said he was sorry.
    Papaki sexually abusing his Turtle? What? You mean that's not normal?

I could go on for days but you get the point.

Come on man...you're better than that. When have I ever attacked Seattle? When have I ever said anything about PEDS?

I can make the exact same argument in reverse.

This is seriously not a big deal...in fact it's no deal at all. Only peeps who WANT it to be are chiming in.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:18 pm
  • RichNhansom wrote:
    mretrade wrote:Spygate 2.0 somebody arrest Baalke and Harbaugh for being below reproach

Well they wouldn't be the first Niner brass facing prison time.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Low blow. LOL. :D
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:26 pm
  • Hey Rich and TheRealBBW, on a scale of 1-10, how much do you hate the 49ers?

Ahmad Brooks - you are full of **** Rich, the larger percentage of the fanbase did not take that situation lightly.

Giving us crap about PEDs and DUIs. That's like Lindsay Lohan telling me I have a drug problem.

You like the Kaep and the turtle pics, don't lie. You probably have them posted up on your ceiling at this very moment. :192215:
    Last edited by Comeinpeace on Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    "We're the 49ers, we can do whatever we want" - The Great Jim Harbaugh -
    Comeinpeace
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:26 pm
  • AbsolutNET wrote:DTM, don't make me do this, but TB got Wright back after the failed physical. Instead of putting him on their own injury list, they released him. At that point it's fair game for anyone. No team is going to the trouble you think over a conditional 7th. I know on the headline it seems shady, but if you think about it, there's nothing to it.

Thank You. :D I know that hurt.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:40 pm
  • Comeinpeace wrote:Hey Rich and TheRealBBW, on a scale of 1-10

I am a 10, a true BBW. And i'm glad that it was a 49er fan that of course had to make a personal insult (i guess that's what you were getting at) first.

Comeinpeace wrote:Giving us crap about PEDs and DUIs. That's like Lindsay Lohan telling me I have a drug problem.

Oh so your saying it's hypocritical? I didn't realize you knew what that meant.
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:53 pm
  • I read somewhere that Wright gave up 75 receptions in 2011. Most in the league.
    SoHo9erFan
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:14 pm
  • TheRealDTM wrote:
    Comeinpeace wrote:Hey Rich and TheRealBBW, on a scale of 1-10

I am a 10, a true BBW. And i'm glad that it was a 49er fan that of course had to make a personal insult (i guess that's what you were getting at) first.

Comeinpeace wrote:Giving us crap about PEDs and DUIs. That's like Lindsay Lohan telling me I have a drug problem.

Oh so your saying it's hypocritical? I didn't realize you knew what that meant.

Sorry about your feelings, how's the weather in Capitol Hill?

Oh, and good comeback :roll:
    "We're the 49ers, we can do whatever we want" - The Great Jim Harbaugh -
    Comeinpeace
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:15 pm
  • I don't think theres much more to be said at this point
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

PreviousNext

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:28 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member