Bucs Trade Eric Wright to the Niners

Status
Not open for further replies.

sutz

Reaction score
Is this supposed to be their response to us signing Winfield?

If so, fail.

:229031_shrug:

Disp

Reaction score
sutz":2armgogv said:
Is this supposed to be their response to us signing Winfield?

If so, fail.

:229031_shrug:

Yes. The 49ers traded for a defensive player to match up against a Seahawks defensive player. The rumors swirling around are that he will only play in the Seahawks games and only when they go to their special defense vs. defense package.

NinerBuff

Reaction score
camp competition... as I see it right now, I think he's probably the 5th CB on our roster...

1. Brown
2. Rogers
3. Culliver
4. Asomugha
5. Wright
6. Cox
7. Brock

This is a pretty minimal acquisition, and a 'conditional late round pick' probably means 5th-7th depending on performance.

NinerBuff

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1x1zdr5l said:
Worries about depth or tacit admission they're worried about starters performing?

I'd say that's pretty fair... our secondary pretty comped both the Falcons and Ravens 17+ pts in bone-head plays.

Yoonhawk

Reaction score
Wasn't he also suspended last season for PED use? Why would they want to bring in a cheater?

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
Grats niners going out of there way to trade for a PED using thug for no reason.

Decimation

Reaction score
Who cares they still won't be able to beat us this season.

Marvin49

Reaction score
NinerBuff":3tgvbbvw said:
camp competition... as I see it right now, I think he's probably the 5th CB on our roster...

1. Brown
2. Rogers
3. Culliver
4. Asomugha
5. Wright
6. Cox
7. Brock

This is a pretty minimal acquisition, and a 'conditional late round pick' probably means 5th-7th depending on performance.

Or more likely they get a pick IF Wright makes the team. No way was it a 5. My guess is a 7 only if he makes the roster.

Nothing really to see here...just giving him a shot and they'll cut him if he doesn't perform.

Niners do this all the time...they look for value. Sometimes you find it (Carlos Rogers a few years ago), sometimes you don't (Braylon Edwards).

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Disp":3tqxdmla said:
Yes. The 49ers traded for a defensive player to match up against a Seahawks defensive player. The rumors swirling around are that he will only play in the Seahawks games and only when they go to their special defense vs. defense package.

Relax, it's just a running joke because we traded for a WR, (Harvin) then you guys traded for one. (Boldin.) Then we traded for a DB, then you did as well. Again, now.

NinerBuff

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Wright entered the NFL with Cleveland in 2007. Mangini became the Browns' coach in 2009. The 49ers previously signed veteran special-teams player Ray Ventrone, who also has ties to Mangini and Seely.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3glfe0v3 said:
Disp":3glfe0v3 said:

Relax, it's just a running joke because we traded for a WR, (Harvin) then you guys traded for one. (Boldin.) Then we traded for a DB, then you did as well. Again, now.

Actually the 49ers signed Nnamdi BEFORE Winfield was signed...

...but I get the joke. I think both teams are trying to get as many guys as they can to prepare to play each other...but I don't buy into the "you sign a guy so I'm gonna sign a guy" thing. Just media BS.

dunceface

Reaction score
You know, when you cheat to win you've already lost...I wonder if the Niners know that

sutz

Reaction score
Marvin49":36ndc568 said:
RolandDeschain":36ndc568 said:
Disp":36ndc568 said:

Actually the 49ers signed Nnamdi BEFORE Winfield was signed...

...but I get the joke. I think both teams are trying to get as many guys as they can to prepare to play each other...but I don't buy into the "you sign a guy so I'm gonna sign a guy" thing. Just media BS.
[youtube]KTwnwbG9YLE[/youtube]

Marvin49

Reaction score
dunceface":14k9ci0y said:
You know, when you cheat to win you've already lost...I wonder if the Niners know that

Oh relax.

When he cheats in a Niner uniform, THEN you have a leg to stand on (and yes, I got the reference).

Besides, it's naive to think that everyone in any locker room in the NFL is clean. The issue in Seattle (and this is actually the only time I'm ever spoken in this forum about it) was the VOLUME of PED positive results. One or two and nobody bats an eye...it was when there were so many.

Niners have had their fair share of failed tests, so not standing on a soapbox, but you guys act like signing 1 guy who did it a year ago is the same as SEVERAL players testing positive while on your roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.