Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: What Happens When the DA is a Whiner Fan
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:11 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:46 pm
Posts: 440
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/ne ... gle_sports

Why file an assault charge just because he hit him in the face with a beer bottle?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Happens When the DA is a Whiner Fan
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:28 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6365
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Happens When the DA is a Whiner Fan
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:33 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:41 pm
Posts: 295
This is a stupid topic really. Lynch can't even get a court case for a dui when a cop said he was driving over the limit in California. With that in mind a DA is suppose to pursue a case where the "victim" doesn't want charges pressed. If something happens between two men and they don't want charges pressed then it should be done with. Im glad there not wasting tax payer dollars so the niners football team might be a little worst for a few weeks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Happens When the DA is a Whiner Fan
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:51 pm 
* NET Nobody *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
Posts: 7601
What if the DA influenced the victims decision? It does happen. "It is a tough case to prove." Or something of that nature. And he may not be a 49rd fan, just an overwhelmed public employee. :stirthepot:

_________________
RELEASE THE KRAKEN! (FREE BROWNER!)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Happens When the DA is a Whiner Fan
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:58 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:46 pm
Posts: 440
I've been a deputy prosecutor, so I know how this works. If this were a property damage case, or a scuffle, no problem. But once a felony assault case is turned over to the DA, the DA will not usually just drop the case because the victim has been paid off or no longer wants to go forward. In California this is a strike offense, and former Raiders coach Randy Hansen was convicted with similar facts.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Happens When the DA is a Whiner Fan
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:08 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10044
Ol' Roger doesn't need a conviction to suspend.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Happens When the DA is a Whiner Fan
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:46 am 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14120
Location: Portland, OR
Scottemojo wrote:
Ol' Roger doesn't need a conviction to suspend.


If Harbaugh wasn't well, a Harbaugh, he'd suspend Brooks on his own.

However, we know what his threshold is for players hitting too hard.

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Happens When the DA is a Whiner Fan
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:32 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm
Posts: 2024
godawg wrote:
I've been a deputy prosecutor, so I know how this works. If this were a property damage case, or a scuffle, no problem. But once a felony assault case is turned over to the DA, the DA will not usually just drop the case because the victim has been paid off or no longer wants to go forward. In California this is a strike offense, and former Raiders coach Randy Hansen was convicted with similar facts.


I hear what you're saying...but there is new info.

1) A few days prior to this incident, the "victim" had pushed and knocked down Brooks causing Brooks to get a 2 inch cut on his leg. Now that in itself doesn't mean much...

2) The "victim" asked Brooks for $1,000,000 in order for the whole thing to "go away". Brooks refused.


If your the DA, doesn't that sound just a tad suspicious?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Happens When the DA is a Whiner Fan
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:17 am 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:10 pm
Posts: 240
Yeah, that SI story is missing some key info. The fact they took so long to look into this tells me they knew they were under the microscope and would have charged if they could, reasonably


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Happens When the DA is a Whiner Fan
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:26 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:02 pm
Posts: 288
I fully expect Brooks to be suspended still... the only question is whether it's a 1 game, 2 game, or more...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Happens When the DA is a Whiner Fan
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:42 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:11 pm
Posts: 128
Location: Seattle
NinerBuff wrote:
I fully expect Brooks to be suspended still... the only question is whether it's a 1 game, 2 game, or more...


Yeah he probably will get suspended, and it will deserved as well if all the facts are justified. No room for actions like that anywhere.

_________________
"We're the 49ers, we can do whatever we want" - The Great Jim Harbaugh -


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Happens When the DA is a Whiner Fan
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:50 pm 
* Handsome *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:37 pm
Posts: 2857
Location: Tri Cities, WA
Does DA stand for dumb ass?

_________________
"it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Happens When the DA is a Whiner Fan
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:54 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am
Posts: 2767
Marvin49 wrote:
godawg wrote:
I've been a deputy prosecutor, so I know how this works. If this were a property damage case, or a scuffle, no problem. But once a felony assault case is turned over to the DA, the DA will not usually just drop the case because the victim has been paid off or no longer wants to go forward. In California this is a strike offense, and former Raiders coach Randy Hansen was convicted with similar facts.


I hear what you're saying...but there is new info.

1) A few days prior to this incident, the "victim" had pushed and knocked down Brooks causing Brooks to get a 2 inch cut on his leg. Now that in itself doesn't mean much...

Well this tells me there is a much bigger problem than what is being presented on the surface. What other problems are being swept under the rug? Do tell. Sounds like we are missing some information alright.

2) The "victim" asked Brooks for $1,000,000 in order for the whole thing to "go away". Brooks refused.

Not sure of your point here. Are you implying that the Victim was blackmailing Brooks? Interesting. So did the Victim stage this whole thing and then get team mates to go along with it? Were they gonna split the money?

If your the DA, doesn't that sound just a tad suspicious? I don't know about what a DA thinks but to a fan of a division rival it sounds like their are more problems brewing than are being let on. Sounds like you have the chemistry of a great locker room. Good luck with your latest trade bring in another questionable character/repeat offender.


I'll take the PED issue (a league wide issue) a DUI (which may still get dropped) and even a peeing in public over a embarrassingly emotional cry baby coach, a QB publicly and repeatedly showing his lack of maturity and common sense and infighting among team mates any time while you support your coach on a soap box publicly implying his biggest rival is cheating, yet another embarrassing moment especially now in light of the most recent trade.

_________________
The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Happens When the DA is a Whiner Fan
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:44 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:03 am
Posts: 248
RichNhansom wrote:
Marvin49 wrote:
godawg wrote:
I've been a deputy prosecutor, so I know how this works. If this were a property damage case, or a scuffle, no problem. But once a felony assault case is turned over to the DA, the DA will not usually just drop the case because the victim has been paid off or no longer wants to go forward. In California this is a strike offense, and former Raiders coach Randy Hansen was convicted with similar facts.


I hear what you're saying...but there is new info.

1) A few days prior to this incident, the "victim" had pushed and knocked down Brooks causing Brooks to get a 2 inch cut on his leg. Now that in itself doesn't mean much...

Well this tells me there is a much bigger problem than what is being presented on the surface. What other problems are being swept under the rug? Do tell. Sounds like we are missing some information alright.

2) The "victim" asked Brooks for $1,000,000 in order for the whole thing to "go away". Brooks refused.

Not sure of your point here. Are you implying that the Victim was blackmailing Brooks? Interesting. So did the Victim stage this whole thing and then get team mates to go along with it? Were they gonna split the money?

If your the DA, doesn't that sound just a tad suspicious? I don't know about what a DA thinks but to a fan of a division rival it sounds like their are more problems brewing than are being let on. Sounds like you have the chemistry of a great locker room. Good luck with your latest trade bring in another questionable character/repeat offender.


I'll take the PED issue (a league wide issue) a DUI (which may still get dropped) and even a peeing in public over a embarrassingly emotional cry baby coach, a QB publicly and repeatedly showing his lack of maturity and common sense and infighting among team mates any time while you support your coach on a soap box publicly implying his biggest rival is cheating, yet another embarrassing moment especially now in light of the most recent trade.

I think marshawns DUI is as serious as Ahmads. I also think there is a good chance it''s dismissed or bumped to a lesser charge. Never underestimate a what a good leagal beagle can do for your case.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Happens When the DA is a Whiner Fan
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:37 pm 
I'M JIMMY!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
Posts: 4304
Location: Auburn, WA
Giedi wrote:
RichNhansom wrote:
Marvin49 wrote:
[quote="godawg"]I've been a deputy prosecutor, so I know how this works. If this were a property damage case, or a scuffle, no problem. But once a felony assault case is turned over to the DA, the DA will not usually just drop the case because the victim has been paid off or no longer wants to go forward. In California this is a strike offense, and former Raiders coach Randy Hansen was convicted with similar facts.


I hear what you're saying...but there is new info.

1) A few days prior to this incident, the "victim" had pushed and knocked down Brooks causing Brooks to get a 2 inch cut on his leg. Now that in itself doesn't mean much...

Well this tells me there is a much bigger problem than what is being presented on the surface. What other problems are being swept under the rug? Do tell. Sounds like we are missing some information alright.

2) The "victim" asked Brooks for $1,000,000 in order for the whole thing to "go away". Brooks refused.

Not sure of your point here. Are you implying that the Victim was blackmailing Brooks? Interesting. So did the Victim stage this whole thing and then get team mates to go along with it? Were they gonna split the money?

If your the DA, doesn't that sound just a tad suspicious? I don't know about what a DA thinks but to a fan of a division rival it sounds like their are more problems brewing than are being let on. Sounds like you have the chemistry of a great locker room. Good luck with your latest trade bring in another questionable character/repeat offender.


I'll take the PED issue (a league wide issue) a DUI (which may still get dropped) and even a peeing in public over a embarrassingly emotional cry baby coach, a QB publicly and repeatedly showing his lack of maturity and common sense and infighting among team mates any time while you support your coach on a soap box publicly implying his biggest rival is cheating, yet another embarrassing moment especially now in light of the most recent trade.

I think marshawns DUI is as serious as Ahmads. I also think there is a good chance it''s dismissed or bumped to a lesser charge. Never underestimate a what a good leagal beagle can do for your case.[/quote]

Of course you do.

If I am going to be found guilty of either, I am taking the DUI every time. In the real world, if I strike someone with a bottle over the head and threaten to get my gun, I am getting thrown in the slam with a restraining order no matter how good my lawyer is.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Happens When the DA is a Whiner Fan
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:21 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am
Posts: 2767
I could care less about the charges being dropped. It's not like he makes a difference on the field against us. We all know what happened and that it reflects more than what Niner fans want to acknowledge.

_________________
The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Happens When the DA is a Whiner Fan
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:24 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:03 am
Posts: 248
loafoftatupu wrote:
Giedi wrote:
RichNhansom wrote:
[quote="Marvin49

I hear what you're saying...but there is new info.

1) A few days prior to this incident, the "victim" had pushed and knocked down Brooks causing Brooks to get a 2 inch cut on his leg. Now that in itself doesn't mean much...

Well this tells me there is a much bigger problem than what is being presented on the surface. What other problems are being swept under the rug? Do tell. Sounds like we are missing some information alright.

2) The "victim" asked Brooks for $1,000,000 in order for the whole thing to "go away". Brooks refused.

Not sure of your point here. Are you implying that the Victim was blackmailing Brooks? Interesting. So did the Victim stage this whole thing and then get team mates to go along with it? Were they gonna split the money?

If your the DA, doesn't that sound just a tad suspicious? I don't know about what a DA thinks but to a fan of a division rival it sounds like their are more problems brewing than are being let on. Sounds like you have the chemistry of a great locker room. Good luck with your latest trade bring in another questionable character/repeat offender.


I'll take the PED issue (a league wide issue) a DUI (which may still get dropped) and even a peeing in public over a embarrassingly emotional cry baby coach, a QB publicly and repeatedly showing his lack of maturity and common sense and infighting among team mates any time while you support your coach on a soap box publicly implying his biggest rival is cheating, yet another embarrassing moment especially now in light of the most recent trade.

I think marshawns DUI is as serious as Ahmads. I also think there is a good chance it''s dismissed or bumped to a lesser charge. Never underestimate a what a good leagal beagle can do for your case.


Of course you do.

If I am going to be found guilty of either, I am taking the DUI every time. In the real world, if I strike someone with a bottle over the head and threaten to get my gun, I am getting thrown in the slam with a restraining order no matter how good my lawyer is.[/quote]
Loafo, my buddy, there is a reason good leagal beagles get paid thousands of dollars. It's because they are worth it. NFL players bieng loaded with money, they can afford the best. Marshawn can afford the best. So can Ahmad. Both will be fine.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Happens When the DA is a Whiner Fan
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:33 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 7:42 pm
Posts: 548
Both deserve prison.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Happens When the DA is a Whiner Fan
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:35 pm 
I'M JIMMY!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
Posts: 4304
Location: Auburn, WA
rlkats wrote:
Both deserve prison.

LMAO

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Brahn, JKent82, JZ#1, lucky49, Rambitious, rightbench, SeatownJay, seedhawk, Whiskeyjack44 and 29 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.