What Happens When the DA is a Whiner Fan

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
What Happens When the DA is a Whiner Fan
Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:11 pm

  • Image
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7014
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


  • This is a stupid topic really. Lynch can't even get a court case for a dui when a cop said he was driving over the limit in California. With that in mind a DA is suppose to pursue a case where the "victim" doesn't want charges pressed. If something happens between two men and they don't want charges pressed then it should be done with. Im glad there not wasting tax payer dollars so the niners football team might be a little worst for a few weeks.
    cockeyhawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 295
    Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:41 pm


  • What if the DA influenced the victims decision? It does happen. "It is a tough case to prove." Or something of that nature. And he may not be a 49rd fan, just an overwhelmed public employee. :stirthepot:
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *
     
    Posts: 8324
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


  • I've been a deputy prosecutor, so I know how this works. If this were a property damage case, or a scuffle, no problem. But once a felony assault case is turned over to the DA, the DA will not usually just drop the case because the victim has been paid off or no longer wants to go forward. In California this is a strike offense, and former Raiders coach Randy Hansen was convicted with similar facts.
    User avatar
    godawg
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 469
    Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:46 pm


  • Ol' Roger doesn't need a conviction to suspend.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11000
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


  • Scottemojo wrote:Ol' Roger doesn't need a conviction to suspend.


    If Harbaugh wasn't well, a Harbaugh, he'd suspend Brooks on his own.

    However, we know what his threshold is for players hitting too hard.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

    RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 15007
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


  • godawg wrote:I've been a deputy prosecutor, so I know how this works. If this were a property damage case, or a scuffle, no problem. But once a felony assault case is turned over to the DA, the DA will not usually just drop the case because the victim has been paid off or no longer wants to go forward. In California this is a strike offense, and former Raiders coach Randy Hansen was convicted with similar facts.


    I hear what you're saying...but there is new info.

    1) A few days prior to this incident, the "victim" had pushed and knocked down Brooks causing Brooks to get a 2 inch cut on his leg. Now that in itself doesn't mean much...

    2) The "victim" asked Brooks for $1,000,000 in order for the whole thing to "go away". Brooks refused.


    If your the DA, doesn't that sound just a tad suspicious?
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3273
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Yeah, that SI story is missing some key info. The fact they took so long to look into this tells me they knew they were under the microscope and would have charged if they could, reasonably
    User avatar
    NorCal
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 257
    Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:10 pm


  • I fully expect Brooks to be suspended still... the only question is whether it's a 1 game, 2 game, or more...
    NinerBuff
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 288
    Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:02 pm


  • NinerBuff wrote:I fully expect Brooks to be suspended still... the only question is whether it's a 1 game, 2 game, or more...


    Yeah he probably will get suspended, and it will deserved as well if all the facts are justified. No room for actions like that anywhere.
    "We're the 49ers, we can do whatever we want" - The Great Jim Harbaugh -
    User avatar
    Comeinpeace
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 128
    Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:11 pm
    Location: Seattle


  • Does DA stand for dumb ass?
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    User avatar
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *
     
    Posts: 2961
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:37 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    godawg wrote:I've been a deputy prosecutor, so I know how this works. If this were a property damage case, or a scuffle, no problem. But once a felony assault case is turned over to the DA, the DA will not usually just drop the case because the victim has been paid off or no longer wants to go forward. In California this is a strike offense, and former Raiders coach Randy Hansen was convicted with similar facts.


    I hear what you're saying...but there is new info.

    1) A few days prior to this incident, the "victim" had pushed and knocked down Brooks causing Brooks to get a 2 inch cut on his leg. Now that in itself doesn't mean much...

    Well this tells me there is a much bigger problem than what is being presented on the surface. What other problems are being swept under the rug? Do tell. Sounds like we are missing some information alright.

    2) The "victim" asked Brooks for $1,000,000 in order for the whole thing to "go away". Brooks refused.

    Not sure of your point here. Are you implying that the Victim was blackmailing Brooks? Interesting. So did the Victim stage this whole thing and then get team mates to go along with it? Were they gonna split the money?

    If your the DA, doesn't that sound just a tad suspicious? I don't know about what a DA thinks but to a fan of a division rival it sounds like their are more problems brewing than are being let on. Sounds like you have the chemistry of a great locker room. Good luck with your latest trade bring in another questionable character/repeat offender.


    I'll take the PED issue (a league wide issue) a DUI (which may still get dropped) and even a peeing in public over a embarrassingly emotional cry baby coach, a QB publicly and repeatedly showing his lack of maturity and common sense and infighting among team mates any time while you support your coach on a soap box publicly implying his biggest rival is cheating, yet another embarrassing moment especially now in light of the most recent trade.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3009
    Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am


  • RichNhansom wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    godawg wrote:I've been a deputy prosecutor, so I know how this works. If this were a property damage case, or a scuffle, no problem. But once a felony assault case is turned over to the DA, the DA will not usually just drop the case because the victim has been paid off or no longer wants to go forward. In California this is a strike offense, and former Raiders coach Randy Hansen was convicted with similar facts.


    I hear what you're saying...but there is new info.

    1) A few days prior to this incident, the "victim" had pushed and knocked down Brooks causing Brooks to get a 2 inch cut on his leg. Now that in itself doesn't mean much...

    Well this tells me there is a much bigger problem than what is being presented on the surface. What other problems are being swept under the rug? Do tell. Sounds like we are missing some information alright.

    2) The "victim" asked Brooks for $1,000,000 in order for the whole thing to "go away". Brooks refused.

    Not sure of your point here. Are you implying that the Victim was blackmailing Brooks? Interesting. So did the Victim stage this whole thing and then get team mates to go along with it? Were they gonna split the money?

    If your the DA, doesn't that sound just a tad suspicious? I don't know about what a DA thinks but to a fan of a division rival it sounds like their are more problems brewing than are being let on. Sounds like you have the chemistry of a great locker room. Good luck with your latest trade bring in another questionable character/repeat offender.


    I'll take the PED issue (a league wide issue) a DUI (which may still get dropped) and even a peeing in public over a embarrassingly emotional cry baby coach, a QB publicly and repeatedly showing his lack of maturity and common sense and infighting among team mates any time while you support your coach on a soap box publicly implying his biggest rival is cheating, yet another embarrassing moment especially now in light of the most recent trade.

    I think marshawns DUI is as serious as Ahmads. I also think there is a good chance it''s dismissed or bumped to a lesser charge. Never underestimate a what a good leagal beagle can do for your case.
    Giedi
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 324
    Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:03 am


  • Giedi wrote:
    RichNhansom wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:[quote="godawg"]I've been a deputy prosecutor, so I know how this works. If this were a property damage case, or a scuffle, no problem. But once a felony assault case is turned over to the DA, the DA will not usually just drop the case because the victim has been paid off or no longer wants to go forward. In California this is a strike offense, and former Raiders coach Randy Hansen was convicted with similar facts.


    I hear what you're saying...but there is new info.

    1) A few days prior to this incident, the "victim" had pushed and knocked down Brooks causing Brooks to get a 2 inch cut on his leg. Now that in itself doesn't mean much...

    Well this tells me there is a much bigger problem than what is being presented on the surface. What other problems are being swept under the rug? Do tell. Sounds like we are missing some information alright.

    2) The "victim" asked Brooks for $1,000,000 in order for the whole thing to "go away". Brooks refused.

    Not sure of your point here. Are you implying that the Victim was blackmailing Brooks? Interesting. So did the Victim stage this whole thing and then get team mates to go along with it? Were they gonna split the money?

    If your the DA, doesn't that sound just a tad suspicious? I don't know about what a DA thinks but to a fan of a division rival it sounds like their are more problems brewing than are being let on. Sounds like you have the chemistry of a great locker room. Good luck with your latest trade bring in another questionable character/repeat offender.


    I'll take the PED issue (a league wide issue) a DUI (which may still get dropped) and even a peeing in public over a embarrassingly emotional cry baby coach, a QB publicly and repeatedly showing his lack of maturity and common sense and infighting among team mates any time while you support your coach on a soap box publicly implying his biggest rival is cheating, yet another embarrassing moment especially now in light of the most recent trade.

    I think marshawns DUI is as serious as Ahmads. I also think there is a good chance it''s dismissed or bumped to a lesser charge. Never underestimate a what a good leagal beagle can do for your case.[/quote]

    Of course you do.

    If I am going to be found guilty of either, I am taking the DUI every time. In the real world, if I strike someone with a bottle over the head and threaten to get my gun, I am getting thrown in the slam with a restraining order no matter how good my lawyer is.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5762
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


  • I could care less about the charges being dropped. It's not like he makes a difference on the field against us. We all know what happened and that it reflects more than what Niner fans want to acknowledge.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3009
    Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am


  • loafoftatupu wrote:
    Giedi wrote:
    RichNhansom wrote:[quote="Marvin49

    I hear what you're saying...but there is new info.

    1) A few days prior to this incident, the "victim" had pushed and knocked down Brooks causing Brooks to get a 2 inch cut on his leg. Now that in itself doesn't mean much...

    Well this tells me there is a much bigger problem than what is being presented on the surface. What other problems are being swept under the rug? Do tell. Sounds like we are missing some information alright.

    2) The "victim" asked Brooks for $1,000,000 in order for the whole thing to "go away". Brooks refused.

    Not sure of your point here. Are you implying that the Victim was blackmailing Brooks? Interesting. So did the Victim stage this whole thing and then get team mates to go along with it? Were they gonna split the money?

    If your the DA, doesn't that sound just a tad suspicious? I don't know about what a DA thinks but to a fan of a division rival it sounds like their are more problems brewing than are being let on. Sounds like you have the chemistry of a great locker room. Good luck with your latest trade bring in another questionable character/repeat offender.


    I'll take the PED issue (a league wide issue) a DUI (which may still get dropped) and even a peeing in public over a embarrassingly emotional cry baby coach, a QB publicly and repeatedly showing his lack of maturity and common sense and infighting among team mates any time while you support your coach on a soap box publicly implying his biggest rival is cheating, yet another embarrassing moment especially now in light of the most recent trade.

    I think marshawns DUI is as serious as Ahmads. I also think there is a good chance it''s dismissed or bumped to a lesser charge. Never underestimate a what a good leagal beagle can do for your case.


    Of course you do.

    If I am going to be found guilty of either, I am taking the DUI every time. In the real world, if I strike someone with a bottle over the head and threaten to get my gun, I am getting thrown in the slam with a restraining order no matter how good my lawyer is.[/quote]
    Loafo, my buddy, there is a reason good leagal beagles get paid thousands of dollars. It's because they are worth it. NFL players bieng loaded with money, they can afford the best. Marshawn can afford the best. So can Ahmad. Both will be fine.
    Giedi
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 324
    Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:03 am


  • Both deserve prison.
    User avatar
    rlkats
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 662
    Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 7:42 pm


  • rlkats wrote:Both deserve prison.

    LMAO
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5762
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA




It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:41 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online