NaVorro Bowman lectures Kaep about the 'fins hat

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
  • Buahahaha. This is pretty good.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... for-his-qb

NaVorro Bowman wrote:"This is a huge mistake by 'Kap'," Bowman said on the air. "I'm sure he understands that now. But in his defense, we're young. In our era these days, we like to match our snapbacks with our outfit. The hats now these days are very important to the outfit. Kap, I understand what you did, but let's stay away from the NFL teams. Wear the NBA or the college or the baseball hats."
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Ya i saw that too.. He also went on to say when asked about preparing for Wilson this season.. he said " leave the phones and the Ipads in the lockers, we've got to bring it at practice, and need everyones full attention"..

Apparently the players are a little more realistic about Seattle and Wilson than the fans... I still read all the time, all you have to do is bottle him up and keep him in the pocket, force him to throw from there.. And i respond with my well, that'd be great accept for the fact that he had better numbers inside the pocket than out, but carry on..
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• hawker84 wrote:Ya i saw that too.. He also went on to say when asked about preparing for Wilson this season.. he said " leave the phones and the Ipads in the lockers, we've got to bring it at practice, and need everyones full attention"..

Apparently the players are a little more realistic about Seattle and Wilson than the fans... I still read all the time, all you have to do is bottle him up and keep him in the pocket, force him to throw from there.. And i respond with my well, that'd be great accept for the fact that he had better numbers inside the pocket than out, but carry on..

...and I read the same stuff here about Kaep and the same holds true OF Kaep.

Players don't buy into this BS that the fans do (and I'm talking both fanbases here). The players know they have a tall order in beating each other this year.

I HATE Richard Sherman, but I remember what he said on the top 100 of Kaep. Players know what's up. In my mind, the only reason Kaep AND Wilson weren't higher on the list is that Kaep only played 8 or 9 teams last year and Wilson only played about 14 teams (estimating and adding playoffs). IE, there are MANY NFL players who have not yet had to face either of these guys and the players are the ones who cast the ballots.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• AGREED.... when i sad fans i was talking about all fans, i've read that on countless message boards, not just niner boards.. Be nice if people did a little homework before posting, takes what, a minute to google RW stats? I've read similar post about Kap as well, my favorite is he's not very intelligent. Do some homework, you'll see there nothing farther from the truth.. Just cracks me up.
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• hawker84 wrote:AGREED.... when i sad fans i was talking about all fans, i've read that on countless message boards, not just niner boards.. Be nice if people did a little homework before posting, takes what, a minute to google RW stats? I've read similar post about Kap as well, my favorite is he's not very intelligent. Do some homework, you'll see there nothing farther from the truth.. Just cracks me up.

Ya...totally agreed.

You see them all the time. Wilson too short. Kaep not smart. Neither can throw from the pocket. Both product of the Read-Option.

Wilson IS shorter than the average NFL QB, but he's ALWAYS been short. He learned how to compensate long before he got to the NFL. Kaep is a straight A student with a 37 score on the Wonderlick.

Both guys have shown great ability within the pocket and have two of the highest YPA in the NFL (Kaep was #1 and Wilson not far behind). Niether used the read-option NEARLY as often as people think and far less often than RGIII who somehow seems impervious to the Read-Option criticism.

To me...its basically all wishful thinking of fans of other teams. They WANT that to be true so that their teams have a chance.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• The players for both teams have shown nothing but total respect for each other. I think it would be a terrible thing if our guys somehow got it in their head that Kaep was a "one-read only" QB. That kind of underestimating will get you slaughtered on game day. You've seen Aldon Smith and now Bowman speak highly of Wilson, and Sherm did the same with Kaep.

The only current 49er I can recall our players speaking badly of is Harbaugh. And that's more of a personality issue (or a personal history issue in the case of Baldwin/Sherman) than an underappreciation of his abilities as a coach.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• It's kind of funny how in interviews, Seahawks and 49ers players have formed a mutual admiration society/circle jerk, but it's a brutal, insulting bloodbath on the field and sidelines.

Love it. :)

Also, I suppose this means neither team's fan base can use "they overlooked the other team" as an excuse for losing against each other for the foreseeable future?
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:It's kind of funny how in interviews, Seahawks and 49ers players have formed a mutual admiration society/circle jerk, but it's a brutal, insulting bloodbath on the field and sidelines.

Also, I suppose this means neither team's fan base can use "they overlooked the other team" as an excuse for losing against each other for the foreseeable future?

No, they can't. Not now. LOL.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:It's kind of funny how in interviews, Seahawks and 49ers players have formed a mutual admiration society/circle jerk, but it's a brutal, insulting bloodbath on the field and sidelines.

I love the fact that my team - at least as far as appearances go - doesn't act like they're overlooking anyone. (At least they're not acting like that this offseason.) I don't think you can overlook any team in the NFL; all of these players are professionals which are probably the best at American Football in the world, so even the bad ones are good lol.

I think they slept on a few teams last year and ended up getting punched in the mouth. In 2011 they did the punching. Hopefully they'll get back to that in 2013. The Seahawks appeared much more hungry last year than the Niners did, and I really hope that changes this year.
    JSeahawks wrote:We might as well rename this site Seahawks&49ers.net.
    60niners
    NET Rookie

• Marvin49 wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:Ya i saw that too.. He also went on to say when asked about preparing for Wilson this season.. he said " leave the phones and the Ipads in the lockers, we've got to bring it at practice, and need everyones full attention"..

...and I read the same stuff here about Kaep and the same holds true OF Kaep.

Players don't buy into this BS that the fans do (and I'm talking both fanbases here). The players know they have a tall order in beating each other this year.

I HATE Richard Sherman, but I remember what he said on the top 100 of Kaep. Players know what's up. In my mind, the only reason Kaep AND Wilson weren't higher on the list is that Kaep only played 8 or 9 teams last year and Wilson only played about 14 teams (estimating and adding playoffs). IE, there are MANY NFL players who have not yet had to face either of these guys and the players are the ones who cast the ballots.

Kaep may be really smart, but he sure lacks in the common sense department.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• The Seahawks appeared much more hungry last year than the Niners did, and I really hope that changes this year.

Good luck with that.. ;)

2012 seahawks - Holy crap we're pretty good

2013 seahawks - Antoine Winfield "With me in the slot , championship"

Both teams will be going out this season to prove, they are who everyone says they are, there will be no sleeping on anyone.
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• Yeah, I was freaking awed by how hungry the 2012 Seahawks looked. Absolutely love it, and hope it never goes away; though obviously, it will at some point. (Hopefully far, far into the future.)
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• AGGGGGGGGGGGGH! I can't handle this love fest anymore!!!!!

Hard to argue with what has been said though. This is going to be a real fun year. Wish there were more Rams fans here to get in on this.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

• Only in the south good lord. SUck it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    cockeyhawk
    NET Rookie

• I've posted my respect for both teams on both sites.

And as many fans of both your teams acknowledge - Rams are not a team to sleep on this year. Very much looking forward to this season.

Some still think Rams are not good, but I see no reason to answer that. Has to be answered on the field.
    Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• RedAlice wrote:I've posted my respect for both teams on both sites.

And as many fans of both your teams acknowledge - Rams are not a team to sleep on this year. Very much looking forward to this season.

Some still think Rams are not good, but I see no reason to answer that. Has to be answered on the field.

What does this have to do with this thread?
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• SouthSoundHawk wrote:AGGGGGGGGGGGGH! I can't handle this love fest anymore!!!!!

Hard to argue with what has been said though. This is going to be a real fun year. Wish there were more Rams fans here to get in on this.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• hawker84 wrote:Ya i saw that too.. He also went on to say when asked about preparing for Wilson this season.. he said " leave the phones and the Ipads in the lockers, we've got to bring it at practice, and need everyones full attention"..

Is it our fault we have the next Fran Tarkington on a much better team? Seems Bowman believes so.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Is it our fault we have the next Fran Tarkington on a much better team? Seems Bowman believes so.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• RedAlice wrote:
    SouthSoundHawk wrote:AGGGGGGGGGGGGH! I can't handle this love fest anymore!!!!!

Alice. humour me...why should I want any fan not Seahawk Blue on THIS or my home site? I care nothing for your opinion until it's your week to understand what I post about the Seahawks isn't bragging but true. So Deal.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• RedAlice wrote:I've posted my respect for both teams on both sites.

Dude, the only things the Rams can do well is rush the passer and run trick plays on special teams. That's about it.

So, what has been done in the off season to shore up your passing game, running game, secondary, offensive line, wide receivers, tight ends, and your kicker?

What's that? Oh...

I thought so.
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine
    :les: Remembering "The Radish"...
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

• HoustonHawk82 wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:I've posted my respect for both teams on both sites.

Dude, the only things the Rams can do well is rush the passer and run trick plays on special teams. That's about it.

So, what has been done in the off season to shore up your passing game, running game, secondary, offensive line, wide receivers, tight ends, and your kicker?

What's that? Oh...

I thought so.

They brought in Cook at TE and Long at LT, both solid moves but I like even more drafting Austin and Bailey. Amendola was a stud when healthy but that is the problem. He didn't even play against the Niners in the second game and the Niners had a full compliment of receivers at that point.

Bailey I think is the real sleeper that most are over looking. 1600 yards and 25 TD's in 2012 at WVU and he knows how to play alongside Austin already.

The Rams lost no one on defense and they were good enough to control the Niners last year with Crabtree, VD, Walker, Manningham and Moss. The only returning player to start this season is VD. I think the better question is how are the Niners going to stop the Rams. They struggled heavily with speedy slot guys like Harvin and Amendola the one game he played and now they will face Austin in the slot, Cook at TE and Bailey on the outside.

The only real question mark player wise is the loss of Jackson but he was 30 so you can really question if that is that great of a loss. We will see how Fisher utilizes his running game but for the most part his passing game has all the ingredients to be solid and remember, with that Defense they don't need to have a superstar offense.

I'm picking the Rams to sweep the Niners because when I review last years games and the strength and weakness of each team, add in the offseason moves wins and losses, I see the Rams as an improved team while the Niners went the wrong direction.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

• 60niners wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:It's kind of funny how in interviews, Seahawks and 49ers players have formed a mutual admiration society/circle jerk, but it's a brutal, insulting bloodbath on the field and sidelines.

I love the fact that my team - at least as far as appearances go - doesn't act like they're overlooking anyone. (At least they're not acting like that this offseason.) I don't think you can overlook any team in the NFL; all of these players are professionals which are probably the best at American Football in the world, so even the bad ones are good lol.

I think they slept on a few teams last year and ended up getting punched in the mouth. In 2011 they did the punching. Hopefully they'll get back to that in 2013. The Seahawks appeared much more hungry last year than the Niners did, and I really hope that changes this year.

After getting to the SB last year, there is NO WAY the Niners overlook anybody, not with Harbaugh at the helm. They will be out for blood against EVERY TEAM! I honestly believe that the Seahawks would have benefited this year if the Niners had won the SB last year, as we have a trend of achieving more each season since Harbaugh came to town. First year under Harbs we get to the NFCCG, the following year we won the NFCCG and get to the SB.

This year Harbs and co. will have the team primed and ready to achieve more than we did last year....AGAIN!
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

• NinerLifer wrote:
    60niners wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:It's kind of funny how in interviews, Seahawks and 49ers players have formed a mutual admiration society/circle jerk, but it's a brutal, insulting bloodbath on the field and sidelines.

After getting to the SB last year, there is NO WAY the Niners overlook anybody, not with Harbaugh at the helm. They will be out for blood against EVERY TEAM! I honestly believe that the Seahawks would have benefited this year if the Niners had won the SB last year, as we have a trend of achieving more each season since Harbaugh came to town. First year under Harbs we get to the NFCCG, the following year we won the NFCCG and get to the SB.

This year Harbs and co. will have the team primed and ready to achieve more than we did last year....AGAIN!

INCORRECT
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• NinerLifer wrote:
    60niners wrote:

LOL
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• peachesenregalia wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:

INCORRECT

Which part?
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

• NinerLifer wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:

INCORRECT

Which part?

The part about achieving more this year. SF is going to be a WC team at best and out by the divisional round. :mrgreen:
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Ok, but that is your opinion based on our rivalry. All I said was that Harbs "will have the team primed and ready..." which is based on statistical fact based on each year under Harbaugh so far. The only thing I am guaranteeing is that we will be ready to achieve more than last year. Unless you are somehow trying to claim that this will be the first year as our HC that he won't.
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

• NinerLifer wrote:Ok, but that is your opinion based on our rivalry. All I said was that Harbs "will have the team primed and ready..." which is based on statistical fact based on each year under Harbaugh so far. The only thing I am guaranteeing is that we will be ready to achieve more than last year. Unless you are somehow trying to claim that this will be the first year as our HC that he won't.

Well, if you want to argue semantics, he's probably already failed in that regard by not doing much to make the team better during the offseason.

However, your narrative reads that you're going to win the Super Bowl, so there ya go, so I figured I'd mess with you a little. Seems to have worked. :thirishdrinkers:

Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• To be fair, NinerLifer did make it sound like the only realistic outcome was winning the Super Bowl for this coming season.

We shall see. I doubt you'll get to the Super Bowl because you'll be playing your playoff games on the road, since we're winning the division. ;)
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:To be fair, NinerLifer did make it sound like the only realistic outcome was winning the Super Bowl for this coming season.

We shall see. I doubt you'll get to the Super Bowl because you'll be playing your playoff games on the road, since we're winning the division. ;)

It was meant to read that anything less would be uncharacteristic of Harbaugh's tenure as our HC. And that if we had won the SB last year your team might have had a chance to catch us sleeping with a hangover this year, but instead we will end up preparing for each week like we were getting ready to play yours.

Just to be clear, that was a compliment.
    Last edited by NinerLifer on Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

• Sarlacc83 wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:Ok, but that is your opinion based on our rivalry. All I said was that Harbs "will have the team primed and ready..." which is based on statistical fact based on each year under Harbaugh so far. The only thing I am guaranteeing is that we will be ready to achieve more than last year. Unless you are somehow trying to claim that this will be the first year as our HC that he won't.

Well, if you want to argue semantics, he's probably already failed in that regard by not doing much to make the team better during the offseason.

However, your narrative reads that you're going to win the Super Bowl, so there ya go, so I figured I'd mess with you a little. Seems to have worked. :thirishdrinkers:

:thirishdrinkers:
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

• I know, NinerLifer; I'm just saying, I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment expecting to go further this year. Speaking of year-by-year stats, if your win/loss column follows suit, you'll finish 9-7 this year. :)
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:I know, NinerLifer; I'm just saying, I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment expecting to go further this year. Speaking of year-by-year stats, if your win/loss column follows suit, you'll finish 9-7 this year. :)

He is just being optimistic, no one knows what is going to happen. The 49ers may go back to the superbowl and win it, or may not, they may make the playoffs or they might not. Who knows maybe seahawks and 49ers will beat eachother up so bad that the rams sneak up from behind and take the division title. Football can be very unpredictable so lets not call winners or losers yet and just see what happens.
    SF49r
    NET Rookie

• SF49r wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:I know, NinerLifer; I'm just saying, I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment expecting to go further this year. Speaking of year-by-year stats, if your win/loss column follows suit, you'll finish 9-7 this year. :)

He is just being optimistic, no one knows what is going to happen. The 49ers may go back to the superbowl and win it, or may not, they may make the playoffs or they might not. Who knows maybe seahawks and 49ers will beat eachother up so bad that the rams sneak up from behind and take the division title. Football can be very unpredictable so lets not call winners or losers yet and just see what happens.

What's the point of a message board in the offseason if not to quibble about stupid BS?

Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Sarlacc83 wrote:
    SF49r wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:I know, NinerLifer; I'm just saying, I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment expecting to go further this year. Speaking of year-by-year stats, if your win/loss column follows suit, you'll finish 9-7 this year. :)

What's the point of a message board in the offseason if not to quibble about stupid BS?

People can quibble about anything they want, but all I am saying these so-called "predictions" never really come true in football. Who the hell would have predicted the 49ers will make it to the NFC championship in 2011 then the next season make it to the superbowl? Everyone would have called them crazy. Hell who knew Russel Wilson would have a great rookie season, make the pro-bowl, and get so close to the NFC championship.
    SF49r
    NET Rookie

• SF49r wrote:He is just being optimistic, no one knows what is going to happen. The 49ers may go back to the superbowl and win it, or may not, they may make the playoffs or they might not. Who knows maybe seahawks and 49ers will beat eachother up so bad that the rams sneak up from behind and take the division title. Football can be very unpredictable so lets not call winners or losers yet and just see what happens.

Wouldn't that be a kick in the nuts? Our week two meeting is so brutal, we put season-ending injuries on several key players on each other's teams, and the Rams win the division. Man, that would cut to the quick.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RichNhansom wrote:
    HoustonHawk82 wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:I've posted my respect for both teams on both sites.

What's that? Oh...

I thought so.

They brought in Cook at TE and Long at LT, both solid moves but I like even more drafting Austin and Bailey. Amendola was a stud when healthy but that is the problem. He didn't even play against the Niners in the second game and the Niners had a full compliment of receivers at that point.

Bailey I think is the real sleeper that most are over looking. 1600 yards and 25 TD's in 2012 at WVU and he knows how to play alongside Austin already.

The Rams lost no one on defense and they were good enough to control the Niners last year with Crabtree, VD, Walker, Manningham and Moss. The only returning player to start this season is VD. I think the better question is how are the Niners going to stop the Rams. They struggled heavily with speedy slot guys like Harvin and Amendola the one game he played and now they will face Austin in the slot, Cook at TE and Bailey on the outside.

The only real question mark player wise is the loss of Jackson but he was 30 so you can really question if that is that great of a loss. We will see how Fisher utilizes his running game but for the most part his passing game has all the ingredients to be solid and remember, with that Defense they don't need to have a superstar offense.

I'm picking the Rams to sweep the Niners because when I review last years games and the strength and weakness of each team, add in the offseason moves wins and losses, I see the Rams as an improved team while the Niners went the wrong direction.

Nice summary RnH.

Houston, you must either live in a cave or only get Hawk news. All fine with me.....you keep those thoughts. I like it.

Biggest major issue is at S, and then the unknown with the RBBC in the absence of SJax.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• KCHawkGirl wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:
    SouthSoundHawk wrote:AGGGGGGGGGGGGH! I can't handle this love fest anymore!!!!!

Alice. humour me...why should I want any fan not Seahawk Blue on THIS or my home site? I care nothing for your opinion until it's your week to understand what I post about the Seahawks isn't bragging but true. So Deal.

I enjoy your posts - there's nothing I need to deal with.

You could make this forum Hawk fans only if you want. I enjoy the posts and participating. You don't have to enjoy any opposing fans, that is your right.

Games will speak for themselves each week. No matter what you or I post.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• That was my thinking also. 13 wins to 11 to 9 and probably 7 after loosing their entire secondary, Gore and Willis. Crabs will probably be gone too.

Only a Niner fan could ignore win total whole making that factual argument of improvement. Comical as always.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

• RedAlice wrote:

Nice summary RnH.

Houston, you must either live in a cave or only get Hawk news. All fine with me.....you keep those thoughts. I like it.

Biggest major issue is at S, and then the unknown with the RBBC in the absence of SJax.

I'm someone who's a little bit skeptical about the Rams also.

I was quite impressed with how the Rams played us in Seattle, but could only feel like the Rams win in St. Louis was a total fluke. Two 60 yard field goals and a fake field goal for a TD. Special teams are absolutely part of the game, so it wasn't luck. Just that you can't count on winning that way again. The other concerning thing for the Rams in that game was Seattle's ability to just shove it down the throats of the defense with Lynch and Turbin. Frankly, we cared too much about trying to establish Russell's passing that day. We should've just run it 80 percent of the time. The Rams defense definitely played more physical in the Seattle rematch.

I don't have super sharp memories of the Rams-49ers matchups from when I watched them on Game Rewind, but think I remember the 49ers just blowing one of them with another flukish special teams play. Jim Harbaugh, who definitely recruited the KingCo Conference around Seattle as the Stanford coach, forgot that Johnny Hekker was a darn good high school quarterback. And is perhaps the one punter in the league you do NOT do an 11 man rush on. He will complete the pass to the uncovered gunner. If Harbs doesn't lose his mind, that's at least one 49ers win over the Rams last year.

The Rams deserve credit for the way they played the 49ers and Seahawks. But deserve the same amount of skepticism over how they played the Bears, Jets, and Vikings. The Patriots game was wierd and the Rams probably deserve a pass for that one.
    camdawg
    NET Rookie

• Been saying it all off-season. Rams will knock the niners out of the playoffs and take the wildcard. I'm not a gambler but I'd bet money on it. That team is WAY better than anyone's giving em credit for.

Bradford is the real deal. Anyone who was at the rams game in Seattle could see that. Dude had nobody to throw to and was still making plays here and there. He's accurate, has a great arm, cool under pressure, kinda reminds me of Brady. No joke. Get this guy some weapons and a line and he's gonna be dangerous. I saw him against SF when his receivers were healthy and he was an unstoppable machine. Now, with Austin? Oh man. That team is getting real good real quick. They improved on the o line as well, not good news for us unless our DL can really improve the rush this season. Problem with Bradford is that he can really hurt you on the blitz, he's really good at stepping up into the pocket, finding someone open and firing a laser downfield.

Plus that rams defense will be improved. As scary as that sounds.

The Niners will slump. Seeing the signs already. Over-confidence from a young qb who's not that good against quality defenses. Losses on defense, and losing crabs was huge. Plus, they'll be dealing with a SuperBowl hangover and that has historically not bode well for anyone. Most don't even get back into the playoffs. Even worse, all the hype for that team puts a huge target on their back. They'll be playing one of the hardest schedules and every team will be putting in double time to prepare. Lots of film on Kaepernick now. Ravens and hawks showed the nfl how to beat him.

This time next year, people will be criticizing the Alex Smith trade. You heard it here first.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

• SouthSoundHawk wrote:

Richard Sherman is The Rock. Jim Harbaugh is HHH. Brandon Browner and Kam Chancellor are Kane and Undertaker. Russell Wilson is Michael Cena- except that everyone loves him.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• camdawg wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:

Nice summary RnH.

I was quite impressed with how the Rams played us in Seattle, but could only feel like the Rams win in St. Louis was a total fluke. Two 60 yard field goals and a fake field goal for a TD. Special teams are absolutely part of the game, so it wasn't luck. Just that you can't count on winning that way again. The other concerning thing for the Rams in that game was Seattle's ability to just shove it down the throats of the defense with Lynch and Turbin. Frankly, we cared too much about trying to establish Russell's passing that day. We should've just run it 80 percent of the time. The Rams defense definitely played more physical in the Seattle rematch.

I don't have super sharp memories of the Rams-49ers matchups from when I watched them on Game Rewind, but think I remember the 49ers just blowing one of them with another flukish special teams play. Jim Harbaugh, who definitely recruited the KingCo Conference around Seattle as the Stanford coach, forgot that Johnny Hekker was a darn good high school quarterback. And is perhaps the one punter in the league you do NOT do an 11 man rush on. He will complete the pass to the uncovered gunner. If Harbs doesn't lose his mind, that's at least one 49ers win over the Rams last year.

The Rams deserve credit for the way they played the 49ers and Seahawks. But deserve the same amount of skepticism over how they played the Bears, Jets, and Vikings. The Patriots game was wierd and the Rams probably deserve a pass for that one.

I get what your saying about the style points on the win against us and the Niners but it ignores that they stuck around in each game long enough to let those little things kill us and the Niners.

Bad day kicking doesn't excuse the loss for the Niners either. That game the Niners were nearly 100% healthy and the Rams were without Amendola. Making excuses for that loss is just dumb. What would that game have looked like if Amendola were to have been healthy? Blame Akers if you want but that tie could have easily been a win for the Rams and wasn't the same goes for both teams. When you let a game go down to the wire it is your own fault if you come out on the losing end.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

• RichNhansom wrote:
    camdawg wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:

Nice summary RnH.

I get what your saying about the style points on the win against us and the Niners but it ignores that they stuck around in each game long enough to let those little things kill us and the Niners.

Bad day kicking doesn't excuse the loss for the Niners either. That game the Niners were nearly 100% healthy and the Rams were without Amendola. Making excuses for that loss is just dumb. What would that game have looked like if Amendola were to have been healthy? Blame Akers if you want but that tie could have easily been a win for the Rams and wasn't the same goes for both teams. When you let a game go down to the wire it is your own fault if you come out on the losing end.

I thought my niners had that game on lockdown when we played the rams in St. Louis, the score was 2-10, the game was nearly about to end then Kaep threw a pitch to ted ginn with the endzone right behind him, bounced right out of his hands fumbles it, rams grab it and score a touchdown then completing the 2-pt conversion making the score 10-10. It's one of those mistakes that costs you the game. I really thought we would tie again after Akers missed that field goal in over-time and the rams kicked the game winning field goal with 50 seconds left. Man that game was really a disappointment.
    SF49r
    NET Rookie

• hawker84 wrote:What the :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvY_w1RI ... r_embedded

Well that's certainly a look....

That look on Aldon was sweet! The kid is chill and its hilarious to see his character come out on the field. I remember one time in particular against the Rams who we were demoralizing 26-0 in the 4th QTR, the Rams were going for it on 4th&12 and Aldon ended up getting his second sack of the game to turn the ball over on downs then immediately sprinted to the sideline and sat down all calm cool and collected. It was due to the fact that the previous week he was flagged for an unsportsmanlike or something after a sack, and this week he wanted to make it perfectly clear that he wasn't doing anything wrong.

It was completely hilarious to watch as the camera guy followed him all the way to the bench and then cut to commercial.

DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

• NinerLifer wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:What the :shock:

That look on Aldon was sweet! The kid is chill and its hilarious to see his character come out on the field. I remember one time in particular against the Rams who we were demoralizing 26-0 in the 4th QTR, the Rams were going for it on 4th&12 and Aldon ended up getting his second sack of the game to turn the ball over on downs then immediately sprinted to the sideline and sat down all calm cool and collected. It was due to the fact that the previous week he was flagged for an unsportsmanlike or something after a sack, and this week he wanted to make it perfectly clear that he wasn't doing anything wrong.

It was completely hilarious to watch as the camera guy followed him all the way to the bench and then cut to commercial.

Man, it's too bad he can't do that against the Hawks, huh?
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

• HansGruber wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:What the :shock:

Man, it's too bad he can't do that against the Hawks, huh?

Well he actually did sack Russel Wilson when they played in SF. When they played in Seattle I don't recall him playing that game because of an injury
    SF49r
    NET Rookie

• SF49r wrote:Well he actually did sack Russel Wilson when they played in SF. When they played in Seattle I don't recall him playing that game because of an injury

Well, it's not surprising that you don't remember him playing, since he had 0 sacks and 1 tackle and totally disappeared in that game. Interesting you'd bring up the injury, since it was actually Justin Smith who was injured and most of the NFL knows that without Justin Smith holding for Aldon Smith, he ain't all that great.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:17 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information