This makes sense, Jets. It worked well last year....

pehawk

Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ange-pace/

Tebow only played sparingly on offense in 2012 and the Jets were roundly ridiculed for the way they deployed him. According to a report from Rich Cimini of ESPNNewYork.com, however, the team hasn’t totally given up the idea of having a backup quarterback with his own portfolio even though last year’s offensive coordinator Tony Sparano is now coaching the offensive line in Oakland.

Per Cimini, Jets coaches are “toying” with the idea of using rookie Geno Smith as a change-of-pace quarterback if he doesn’t win the starting job with a package of plays centered on the read-option. The idea is to make use of Smith’s speed while also giving him game experience he wouldn’t get otherwise, although Cimini points out one potential stumbling block in Smith’s limited history of success on designed runs while in college.

My "Rex is a better coach than he gets credit for" opinion is looking sillier and sillier. Pretty soon my opinion will sound less educated and more the ramblings of a junkie.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Rex is going to prove he has a future as DC. Everything he touches on offense turns to shit. How they don't see the mental fragility of Sanchez is beyond me. This is the same stupid coach who was properly giddy when discussing if the Pats might take Brady off the field so they could put Tebow in.

Rex is a fiddler. Rex, you can't ride two ponies at one time.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3mp7v5ni said:
'Pretty soon'?

If I was Roland I would take you to task and demand you provide posts which highlight my opinions being that of a junkie, not an NFL aficionado.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
I "LOI'd" on that, Bungee. Well played.

Part of me writes off Rex's stubborn nature with his QB as an "old-school" trait. Parcells, Holmgren, Reeves, etc we're all stubborn at the QB position. Pinella was stubborn with his bullpen. Its a characteristic that generation of "teachers" possess for whatever reason.

Or, Rex is just an idiot.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I read it and laughed. Then I thought to myself we don't have to game plan for them in the SB.

Latest posts