Your most hated teams?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Your most hated teams?
Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:27 pm
  • It's the offseason, and im bored, and there is no point of me asking this question to any Rams forum since i know what 99% of the answers will be. So i was wondering what teams you dislike/hate/rivals/etc.

For me the list goes as follows:

1. Cheatriots: SB 36, need i say more? you talk to any Ram fan and we still feel cheated.

2. Whiners: Our longest and most hated rival, if not for the 2001 SB, they would be #1 easily. Any team that coins the phrase "same old sorry ass rams" can kiss my a$$. Also losing to them 17 straight times in the 90's leaves a slight bitterness...I was quite pleased with them losing last years SB :)

3. Steelers: Growing up in Tampa Bay, it is amazing how many Steeler/Phillies fans there are in that area, it was really annoying.

4. Seahawks: This has more to do with there recent success. I will admit that i routed for you guys when you went to the SB(something i could never do with the whiners), but now its a little different, there is a certain cockiness to the team. Now don't get me wrong, if i was a Seahawk fan i'd have no problem with it, but since im not, well yea...try not to flame me over this lol.

5. Cowpokes: Why? cause there the f'n cowboys and f*** Jerry Jones.

6. Raiders: do raider fans even like them?

I know most of us hate all teams and wish the other 31 would go 0-16 somehow, but i want to know the ones you really dont like.
    Fitz the Ram
    NET Rookie

Re: Your most hated teams?
Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:30 pm
  • Niners/Steelers. I don't think any comments are needed.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:34 pm
  • A good list I'm thinkin'

:D
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:43 pm
  • Whiners/Cowturds
    Tards
    Gayders

I absolutely Loathe the first pair.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:47 pm
  • 1.) Whiners - Nothing counts if it was over a decade ago... S T F U. Half of their fanbase wasn't alive during their glory years anyways.

2.) Cow Patties - Their fans are annoying as hell, they are irrelevant, and Jerry Jones is a whiny brat along the same lines as Jim Douchebaugh

3.) Stealers - Their fans are pretty much as annoying as the other teams listed, but this is one team I actively hope falls into a sinkhole.

4.) Redskins - their fans, their players, their colors, their name, their location,their crappy ass field, grounds crew, owner, and coach... They all suck.

5.) NY Giants - I refuse to believe that Eli is elite, or that he's even good.. Their fanbase is annoying and they flat out luck out at the right time.

The common denominator... Their fans. They all have bandwagon, whiney ass, live in the past, snotty, entitlement issue laden fans.
    Last edited by Galen96 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Galen96
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:54 pm
  • Fitz the Ram wrote:It's the offseason, and im bored, and there is no point of me asking this question to any Rams forum since i know what 99% of the answers will be. So i was wondering what teams you dislike/hate/rivals/etc.

For me the list goes as follows:

1. Cheatriots: SB 36, need i say more? you talk to any Ram fan and we still feel cheated.

2. Whiners: Our longest and most hated rival, if not for the 2001 SB, they would be #1 easily. Any team that coins the phrase "same old sorry ass rams" can kiss my a$$. Also losing to them 17 straight times in the 90's leaves a slight bitterness...I was quite pleased with them losing last years SB :)

3. Steelers: Growing up in Tampa Bay, it is amazing how many Steeler/Phillies fans there are in that area, it was really annoying.

4. Seahawks: This has more to do with there recent success. I will admit that i routed for you guys when you went to the SB(something i could never do with the whiners), but now its a little different, there is a certain cockiness to the team. Now don't get me wrong, if i was a Seahawk fan i'd have no problem with it, but since im not, well yea...try not to flame me over this lol.

5. Cowpokes: Why? cause there the f'n cowboys and f*** Jerry Jones.

6. Raiders: do raider fans even like them?

I know most of us hate all teams and wish the other 31 would go 0-16 somehow, but i want to know the ones you really dont like.

How dare you put the hawks on there. Jeez rams fans are so ignorant :sarcasm_on:

In all seriousness though, I think hawks fans feel the same about Niners fans. Only they are much more cocky, arrogant, and douchey. There's no other team I hate that much (Im even indifferent to the Steelers now). the Cowpokes and there high and mighty fans are pretty annoying especially living in Oregon where there's a bunch of redneck cowboy fans.
    jhawk91
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:13 pm
  • How very honoring that you include the Seahawks on your list!

Current teams, see opponents on this schedule: http://www.seahawks.com/schedule/season-schedule.html

It's more the fans of some teams (not all fans of the following. Some, to a greater degree than others): Steelers, Niners, Cowboys, Packers, Raiders, Giants, Jets. There are occasional other contenders.
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:24 pm
  • 1. 49ers
    2. Steelers
    3. Cowboys
    4. Packers
    5. Jets
    6. Redskins
    7. Lions
    8. Eagles
    9. Falcons
    10.Patriots
    Stephen SeaHawking
    NET Rookie

Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:25 pm
  • Cowboys
    Seahawks
    Rams
    Packers

Seahawks because the ass woopin they gave us. And the rams because of the damn TIE lol both teams are to dam good in my opinion thats the main reason I hate em
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:26 pm
  • Galen96 wrote:
    4.) Redskins - their fans, their players, their colors, their name, their location... They all suck.

Don't forget their crappy ass field, grounds crew, owner, and coach.
    Stephen SeaHawking
    NET Rookie

Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:28 pm
  • Stephen SeaHawking wrote:
    Galen96 wrote:
    4.) Redskins - their fans, their players, their colors, their name, their location... They all suck.

Don't forget their crappy ass field, grounds crew, owner, and coach.

fixed!
    Galen96
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:56 pm
  • Now don't get me wrong, i still don't like the Seahawks, but i will admit, ever since i joined this forum i have visited it daily reading the posts and replies and must say that it is a great fan site with a lot of level headedness that you dont find at at many others i have eaves dropped on. It even surprised me with the homerism(which ever site has). It isn't nearly as narrow minded as most. If i had done this with 20 other teams and named their team for my reasons id be grilled. but it is not just that, its that people disagree but it doesnt start a flame war. In summary, besides Rams forums, this is my most frequented forum. Keep it up, makes me dislike the seahawks a lil less(but not to much XD)
    Fitz the Ram
    NET Rookie

Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:12 pm
  • Fitz the Ram wrote:Now don't get me wrong, i still don't like the Seahawks, but i will admit, ever since i joined this forum i have visited it daily reading the posts and replies and must say that it is a great fan site with a lot of level headedness that you dont find at at many others i have eaves dropped on. It even surprised me with the homerism(which ever site has). It isn't nearly as narrow minded as most. If i had done this with 20 other teams and named their team for my reasons id be grilled. but it is not just that, its that people disagree but it doesnt start a flame war. In summary, besides Rams forums, this is my most frequented forum. Keep it up, makes me dislike the seahawks a lil less(but not to much XD)

Oh, sir. Say it isn't so. Your hatred is a badge of honor!
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:13 pm
  • I noticed one common denominator amongst most answers. Rings. There is a direct correlation between how many rings a team has and how hated they are.

Maybe it causes their fans to keep bringing up past success, thus leading to the hatred.
    Erebus
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:16 pm
  • Erebus wrote:I noticed one common denominator amongst most answers. Rings. There is a direct correlation between how many rings a team has and how hated they are.

Maybe it causes their fans to keep bringing up past success, thus leading to the hatred.

Even if the whiners had 0 rings id still hate them the same. thats just me though.
    Fitz the Ram
    NET Rookie

Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:16 pm
  • I must admit with Fitztheram this site is pretty good. :thirishdrinkers:
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:17 pm
  • TeamoftheCentury wrote:Oh, sir. Say it isn't so. Your hatred is a badge of honor!

I give respect where it is deserved :)
    Fitz the Ram
    NET Rookie

Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:19 pm
  • I couldn't care less about rings, or history, or any other such rubbish.. I hate teams based on the behavior of their fans. Cocky, shit talking, past-living, better than thou and front runners piss me off. Thus I hate their teams.
    Galen96
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:20 pm
  • Galen96 wrote:I couldn't care less about rings, or history, or any other such rubbish.. I hate teams based on the behavior of their fans. Cocky, shit talking, past-living, better than thou and front runners piss me off. Thus I hate their teams.

so i guess it is unanimous, we all hate the whiners here!!
    Fitz the Ram
    NET Rookie

Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:22 pm
  • I highly suspect even their own fans hate them..... There's just nothing likeable about that team... although I do like rice-a-roni... now I'm torn... nah.. I still hate that franchise.
    Galen96
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:25 pm
  • Galen96 wrote:I highly suspect even their own fans hate them..... There's just nothing likeable about that team... although I do like rice-a-roni... now I'm torn... nah.. I still hate that franchise.

i started singing the song in my head, then remembered we were talking about the whiners and immediatly cursed rice-a-roni! now i hate them even more for ruining one minute rice!!
    Fitz the Ram
    NET Rookie

Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:36 pm
  • 49ers, they know why

Steelers, chumps! i hope but nothing but the worst for that franchise

Packers, Whitney little bitch ass punks, specially their QB.

Cowboys, how can a fanbase that hasn't accomplished squat in years be so cocky?

Redskins, these fans are 100% the worst in football, worse than the cowboys, or 49ers.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:47 pm
  • 1: NY Giants.. Mediocre team that people think are elite with an average QB.
    2: SteAlers.. Obvious lifelong hatred after SB XL
    3: 49'ers.. Mostly for the amazing amount of blind homer unknowledgable fans and the way they seem to forget how shi**y their team was just 3 years ago. Also, how they talk about dominance when they have had only 2 good seasons in a long time. That they talk about owning the NFC west when since the merge hawks have 5 div titles to their 3.

I hope for these teams to lose every single week.
    Watching Beast Mode run the ball.
    Catching a Bo Jackson baseball. Kingdome, centerfield, over the cannon.
    Jim Presley with a full count, 2 out, down by 3, bottom of the 9th Grand Slam.

My favorite all time sports memory
    "The Seattle Seahawks are Super Bowl CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!"
    JaiSeaSea
    NET Rookie

Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:49 pm
  • I am usually pretty blase in regards to opponents but the one team that got my goat was the early 2000's Rams. I still remember that disaster at Seahawks stadium in 04 when McDonald (?) won it with the long score in overtime after the Seahawks blew a 17 pt lead. Isaac Bruce and his helmet at mid-field mocking the fans. And the 0-3 record that year against them, with Torry and the boys saying they own the NFC West. In a round-about way, I had a lot of respect for them because they were the king of the hill back then during the Greatest Show on Turf.

Now the 9ers have my attention and I want to beat them. I have respect for what they have done and I really am not that worked up about any supposed rivalry, since that seems like something that you cannot force and has to grow on its own. I hope this can groiw into a Ravens-Steelers yearly slobber-knocker.

I think it is the fans of other teams in general that get on my nerve. Some just want to argue and troll for the sake of it and the idea of talking football doesn't happen. The Packers, Cowboys, Patriots, AFC West, Eagles, Washington skins along with those LG stealing Vikings are teams/fans I tend to notice getting a reaction out of me.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:59 pm
  • Erebus wrote:I noticed one common denominator amongst most answers. Rings. There is a direct correlation between how many rings a team has and how hated they are.

But, that's just it. It's the bling they like, not the team. It's the what have you done for me lately so I can brag about it crowd. Definite superiority complex thing going on with some of those teams fans. Obnoxiousness meter overload. In all honesty, I don't mind the non-bandwagon fans of those sorts of teams (that is, if any can be found.) Still, such a breed gets to use past success they as part of their shtick. That is an enviable position, but that in itself isn't necessarily reason for hatred toward them. It's what it does to most of them.

But, to fans of other teams... I suppose this all sounds a bit like this exchange from Rocky III (1982):

Paulie: I don't like these people.
    Rocky Balboa: You don't like em'? Well maybe they don't like you either Paulie.
    Paulie: [in awe] What'd I ever do to them?
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:02 pm
  • Fitz the Ram wrote:
    Erebus wrote:I noticed one common denominator amongst most answers. Rings. There is a direct correlation between how many rings a team has and how hated they are.

Even if the whiners had 0 rings id still hate them the same. thats just me though.

Good man. Now you're just trying to flatter us.
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:13 pm
  • Fitz the Ram wrote:
    TeamoftheCentury wrote:Oh, sir. Say it isn't so. Your hatred is a badge of honor!

Ah man, I really pride myself on hating on other fans. Don't suck me in.
    Ok, I was one talking up Tavon Austin on this site before the draft. I loved watching him in college. I hate that he's with the Rams. I'm hoping he doesn't ruin even one of our Sunday's now. I was showing my boys his Walter Payton-esque high stride stutter step. (Before the draft) One of my boys, then, did that in a spring league game (not hot-dogging, but for a reason ;) ) in order to juke the opponent. He asked me if I saw his "Tavon Austin" move. For the record, he will now be referring to any such future maneuvers as the "Walter Payton" move.
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:27 pm
  • It has always been about the fans behavior to me. I love the underdog, so I will pull for a team that isn't supposed to win. But not the Niners.

They were the only fans I knew that respected a team less for beating them. The only ones that used absolutely no logic in their rhetoric. It is easy to hate a team that beats yours, but just admit that is why. At least the fans of AZ and STL will tell you they hate you because they lost and because the team was good. A Niner fan would die before admitting the Hawks are good. Total denial and they have ALWAYS been that way.

No question that it is the Niners, but it only gets cemented more every year. My final point of no return situation was when Willis speared Hass while running to the End zone in 2009. The laughter and cheering on their boards was topper.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:49 am
  • TeamoftheCentury wrote:
    Fitz the Ram wrote:
    TeamoftheCentury wrote:Oh, sir. Say it isn't so. Your hatred is a badge of honor!

Ah man, I really pride myself on hating on other fans. Don't suck me in.
    Ok, I was one talking up Tavon Austin on this site before the draft. I loved watching him in college. I hate that he's with the Rams. I'm hoping he doesn't ruin even one of our Sunday's now. I was showing my boys his Walter Payton-esque high stride stutter step. (Before the draft) One of my boys, then, did that in a spring league game (not hot-dogging, but for a reason ;) ) in order to juke the opponent. He asked me if I saw his "Tavon Austin" move. For the record, he will now be referring to any such future maneuvers as the "Walter Payton" move.

lol wow, thats high praise for him, though he hasnt played yet in the NFL.
    Fitz the Ram
    NET Rookie

Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:54 am
  • We are only number 4?:)

Anyway...

1. 49ers
    2. Steelers
    3. Cowboys
    4. Redskins
    5. Broncos
    6. Raiders
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:05 am
  • 1. 49ers- Cause their coach is well this isnt the shack...
    2. 49ers- Fans are annoying as hell. You guys sucked for so long and were MIA but now all of a sudden you guys are back. Please go back to the MIA status..
    3. 49ers- Your QB is a complete arse...You will see as he starts making big bucks..
    4. Cowboys- Just cause there owner/Gm is Jerry Jones.
    If .NET did not exist I would get so much more work done during the day!
    HawkinNY
    NET Rookie

Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:33 am
  • After all those years in the AFC West I still hate the Chiefs.

But Denver Broncos and Oakland Ray-Duhs have life time reservations in my hatred of teams.

:les:
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:59 am
  • I live in Boston so the team I hate the most is the Pats, while a lot of people say you should hate your rivals while true but your hated team is also your 2nd most loved team you tend to even fallow them as much as your own team. Plus the reason you root for them to lose is because you respect them. A good example of it if your heated rival is bad for 3+ years you feel sad because its just not the same and your own love for your team aint quite the same then even if you wont admit it your praying that they get better because its so much fun when both teams are good. or am I just crazy?
    kira
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:10 am
  • Niners, Cowboys, Rams.. In that order..
    HOLLYWOOD
    NET Starter

Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:12 am
  • Jets, Cowboys, Raiders. That's it.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:57 am
  • kira wrote:I live in Boston so the team I hate the most is the Pats, while a lot of people say you should hate your rivals while true but your hated team is also your 2nd most loved team you tend to even fallow them as much as your own team. Plus the reason you root for them to lose is because you respect them. A good example of it if your heated rival is bad for 3+ years you feel sad because its just not the same and your own love for your team aint quite the same then even if you wont admit it your praying that they get better because its so much fun when both teams are good. or am I just crazy?

Hey Kira,,,,,welcome to Seahawks.net

:th2thumbs:
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:28 am
  • The Radish wrote:
    kira wrote:I live in Boston so the team I hate the most is the Pats, while a lot of people say you should hate your rivals while true but your hated team is also your 2nd most loved team you tend to even fallow them as much as your own team. Plus the reason you root for them to lose is because you respect them. A good example of it if your heated rival is bad for 3+ years you feel sad because its just not the same and your own love for your team aint quite the same then even if you wont admit it your praying that they get better because its so much fun when both teams are good. or am I just crazy?

Hey Kira,,,,,welcome to Seahawks.net

:th2thumbs:

Thank you and I got your email we are going to have many fun years to bicker on who is better 49ers and SeaHawks because no matter what each teams fan base wish's(deep down inside they don't) that the other team is going to go crashing down this year the next it wont. As long as 49ers have Kap and Seahawks have Willson they will be Elite.... Plus our Division is only getting better and stronger so even if both teams only win 9-10 wins each it wont mean we flatlined or we we got worst. It just means the other teams in our division got better...... Week 2 cant come any sooner (god I pray the 49ers Org don't think that way no reason to tank the game vs greenbay)
    kira
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:35 am
  • Damn you Kira you called it. LOL. I actually totally agree with ya. I hate the hawks but its because they really damn good. And in the division. If they were not in my division they would be my second liked team.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:41 pm
  • I hate niner fans. They make hating the niners so much fun. I only wish they had been around from 2003-2010 to take what they deserved. I think they'll be disappearing soon because their niners are going to return to their annual third place division finish for years to come.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:34 pm
  • I'm drawn to under-rated things and I hate over-rated things. So naturally, my favorite players are the under-appreciated ones while I despise over-rated football players- particularly those who are only over-rated because of their draft hype.

Right now, my most hated NFL team is the Colts. They were the first team in NFL history last year to go 11-5 with a -32 point differential. So we're talking about a historically flukey season. For whatever reason, the sports media didn't seem to detect this. Arians won coach of the year. Andrew Luck managed more RoY votes than Russell Wilson. Most unforgivably, their GM, Grigson, got exec of the year over John Schneider. The GM who built the NFL's best roster out of nothing and just found a superstar QB in the 3rd round, lost to a no-name, average GM who benefited from a fluke season despite a series of no brainer, cookie cutter decisions to build his (below average) team.

If the Seahawks lose to the Colts next year, it will sting worse than when they lost 21-0 to the Steelers in 2007.

Second least favorite team is probably the Falcons, who basically have 4 good players that carry the whole team. I think they are a good team, but they make my over-rated list. Steven Jackson will still be old and broken down in Atlanta, he's not going to be the difference maker people assume.

Maybe it's sour grapes, but they were extremely fortunate to beat Seattle in the playoffs. It was the ONLY 10 am start of the playoffs, Seattle got 0 points on 190 first half yards, and they somehow blew a lead with 25 seconds to go. It was such a "Seahawky" way to blow a game, so I probably shouldn't hate the Falcons for it, but it still stings. That game cost us a ring, I'm sure of it.

To round out the top 3, I'd probably include the Steelers. We still haven't beaten them, in fact we haven't scored a point on them, since SBXL. Until we get a revenge win, some antipathy will remain.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:45 pm
  • Teams in the NFC and AFC west............hate them all lol.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:14 am
  • Cowpatties by a LONG shot
    Stealers
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:14 pm
  • Most Hated:

1. Steelers
    2. Cowboys
    3. 49ers
    4. Jets
    5. Eagles
    6. Rams
    7. Cardinals

The Patriots used to be #2 on the list, but over time I've grown to respect them. They have commanded respect for more than 10 years, and finally have mine.

If you're a PlayStation fan, check out and support my PlayStation forum: Team PlayStation
    nIdahoSeahawk
    NET Rookie

Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:14 am
  • kearly wrote:Second least favorite team is probably the Falcons, who basically have 4 good players that carry the whole team. I think they are a good team, but they make my over-rated list. Steven Jackson will still be old and broken down in Atlanta, he's not going to be the difference maker people assume.

Keep making that wish.

I agree with what kira said above - you tend to follow the teams you hate or want to beat and know a lot about them. I follow all of the other NFC West teams constantly. They are the three teams I know more about than any others, except for the Rams. I don't hate any of them - well, I hate them more than anything twice a season each. And I ignore judgmental Rams' fans who tell me who I must hate.

I hate with a passion:

Patriots - obviously.
    Steelers
    Cowboys

And then I kind of hate the Packers.
    Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.

"They call it Sack City because you'd rather live in a SACK."
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:36 am
  • I hated the Niners back in their glory days because unless it's the Seahawks I always root for the underdog. But I had no idea how slimy their fanbase truly is until they started winning in the division.

Yep Niner fans (not the handful of cool ones in here of course), you did what I thought was impossible: you pushed your team right over the Stealers and into the Trenchbroom #1 hated team slot. The odds were long, but your blindness to any criticism, refusal to give credit to another team/players/fans and your quick dismissal of any decent football conversation with that completely irrelevant "five rings!" chestnut shot you straight to the top.

.....................................................................................-Webzone Niner fan GhostOfJimmyDean
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:05 pm
  • To Fitz - do you live in St. Louis? Or are you an LA fan?

I'm curious about your Hawk love and SF hate. Most younger St. Louis fans hate Hawks and feel somewhat ambivalent towards Niners. Most LA fans hate Niners no matter what.

You hate Niners and feel some comraderie here. Are you old or not from St Louis?

RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:15 pm
  • Trenchbroom wrote:I hated the Niners back in their glory days because unless it's the Seahawks I always root for the underdog. But I had no idea how slimy their fanbase truly is until they started winning in the division.

Yep Niner fans (not the handful of cool ones in here of course), you did what I thought was impossible: you pushed your team right over the Stealers and into the Trenchbroom #1 hated team slot. The odds were long, but your blindness to any criticism, refusal to give credit to another team/players/fans and your quick dismissal of any decent football conversation with that completely irrelevant "five rings!" chestnut shot you straight to the top.

You are so correct with the second paragraph. However, I find both Hawks and Niners fans to be exactly as you define right now. Minus ring talk.

I get the zero thing as Niner fans go all crazy insulting like I'm talking about the war against England when I simply point out the fact that the last NFC W team to win a SB is the Rams.

Other than rings though, both teams' fans seem similar to me. I think both have a ton of talent and look forward to this season.

RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:16 pm
  • RedAlice wrote:
    Trenchbroom wrote:I hated the Niners back in their glory days because unless it's the Seahawks I always root for the underdog. But I had no idea how slimy their fanbase truly is until they started winning in the division.

You are so correct with the second paragraph. However, I find both Hawks and Niners fans to be exactly as you define right now. Minus ring talk.

I get the zero thing as Niner fans go all crazy insulting like I'm talking about the war against England when I simply point out the fact that the last NFC W team to win a SB is the Rams.

Other than rings though, both teams' fans seem similar to me. I think both have a ton of talent and look forward to this season.

And here I was, hesitant to put my "cool ones" caveat in that post, and you had to go and be all nice and stuff... :th2thumbs:

.....................................................................................-Webzone Niner fan GhostOfJimmyDean
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:02 pm
  • I reserve the right to change my answer to Niner fans whenever I want.

They really might be over the top right now. We need real games to start and imagination to end....

RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:24 am
  • 1. niners - no explanation necessary
    2. stealers - refer to above explanation
    3. Redskins - easily the worst fanbase, field, owner, colors in football,
    3. packers - Aaron Rogers and their colors are the same colors as my old high school's rival colors (Richland Bombers)

honorable mentions

1. cowboys - Jerry Jones
    2. panthers - Cam Newton
    3. falcons - Roddy white and there obnoxious fans
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:20 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information