Victor Cruz re-signs with NYG, gets 5/43M, 15.6M guaranteed

Blitzer88

Reaction score
If Tate wants that type of money than he will not be a Seahawk next season. Not enough money for that big of a deal.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Tate getting more than Cruz? F'realz? Cruz has been pretty consistent since he got into the league, Golden just now caught on.

OP
OP
Smelly McUgly

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
If we can't find 5M a year for Tate, I'm going to be pretty disappointed. Of course, the WR market could change between now and then and some team could give him 7M a year. 5M a year, though? We had better give it to him assuming that he plays at or above last year's level this season.

Sturm

Reaction score
I think the Giants got a hell of a deal.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Tate isn't on Cruz's level in terms of national recognition or on-field production. I don't think you can really gauge what Tate will earn based on what Cruz got. I mean, it will certainly be less, but hard to say by how much. I think somewhere in the $5M/year range might be a reasonable estimate, but that's assuming he improves this year. It could really go either way.

OP
OP
Smelly McUgly

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
DavidSeven":293f3i0s said:
Tate isn't on Cruz's level in terms of national recognition or on-field production. I don't think you can really gauge what Tate will earn based on what Cruz got. I mean, it will certainly be less, but hard to say by how much. I think somewhere in the $5M/year range might be a reasonable estimate, but that's assuming he improves this year. It could really go either way.

I think that it's definitely a datapoint to gauge the WR market in general.

If Victor Cruz is worth 8M/yr right now, that helps us figure out where a lesser-known, lesser accomplished WR might fall in that same market.

But I agree with you that any guesses on what Tate will earn will vary quite a bit based on this year's performance from him.

Latest posts