Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]

Post subject: Re: Are NFL outcomes fixed?
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:12 pm 
NET Veteran

Fixed is institutional. Even if we had crooked refs during XL (I don't believe we did), that wouldn't be a 'fixed' game. Refs can only do so much.

NFL doesn't need to fix games. If they did, it would be San Francisco vs. Dallas in the NFC championship game and Pittsburgh vs. Jets.

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:49 am 
NET Veteran

I don't believe they're 'fixed' but I do believe they will slant it towards one team for ratings.

The two instances that always come to mind are the Seahawks Super Bowl loss and last year's SB where the lights went out once Baltimore got a huge lead. If they can make a call or two that looks halfway legit, I think the refs will make it to help with ratings...but they can only do so much without tarnishing the game.

As for the players being paid off...the only way it would work would be to pay off one of the QBs. And the only QB I ever thought was paid off was the Steeler QB in the SB that one year who threw 2 INTs right to the defender. Forgot who that QB was but it looked real bad.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:07 pm 
* 17Power Blogger *

The refs weren't trying to fix XL so much as they were trying to shut up Joey Porter after his accusations that they tried to screw the Steelers in the AFC Championship.

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:22 pm 
NET Veteran

One more to add to the list: the Patriots winning the SB in 2002. Who knows? I'd rather not think that the fix is in.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:49 am 
NET Pro Bowler

Sturm wrote:
I don't believe they're 'fixed' but I do believe they will slant it towards one team for ratings.

The two instances that always come to mind are the Seahawks Super Bowl loss and last year's SB where the lights went out once Baltimore got a huge lead. If they can make a call or two that looks halfway legit, I think the refs will make it to help with ratings...but they can only do so much without tarnishing the game.

As for the players being paid off...the only way it would work would be to pay off one of the QBs. And the only QB I ever thought was paid off was the Steeler QB in the SB that one year who threw 2 INTs right to the defender. Forgot who that QB was but it looked real bad.

Neil O'Donnell.....and he made the corner from Dullass that pick sixed him those times a very rich man.....I can't remember his name but he was basically never heard from again. But really who cares, it was Pissburgh vs. Dullass.

To the barren lands

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]