Wilson wouldn't wear...

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Re: Wilson wouldn't wear...
Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:12 pm
  • and 49ers fans should be thankful that it was just a hat, not a tattoo...
    Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution!"

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12
    SeahawksFanForever
    NET Veteran

Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:13 pm
  • This is a pointless thread.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• This thread is pointless. Why the mods allow twom po intless threads on the same topic is beyond me. They should be punished.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• Throwdown wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:
    SNDavidson wrote:So, the 49ers organization gives you your shot at becoming a starting NFL quarterback and will most likely be your ticket to a multimillion dollar contract. You are currently the starting quarterback and appointed leader of this team and an icon for the entire fan base, and you're wearing a Miami Dolphins hat? What a slap in the face.

Pretty sure that you guys are taking it worse than we are LOL.

The dude is in Florida probably trying to enjoy himself without getting mobed by fans. Walking around wearing a Niner hat would probably take the guessing out of "Is that Colin Kaepernick?"

Instead he was probably mistaken for a guy that was trying to look like Kaepernick LOL.

I am actually happy to know that he is getting away from the field once in a while and having some fun so that he stays sharp and refreshed for the upcoming season, instead of over doing it and taking the chance of getting burnt out by week 8.

I guess the game just comes easier for some. :th2thumbs:

I think you're over thining it too. I think dude was just wearing a hat that was good with the rest of what he was wearing, I do the same thing too. I have a Florida Marlins hat, the old one with the Marlin and the F, and I only wear that with certain clothes, same goes for my Seahawks, Sonics, Mariners, and Diamondbacks hats, I'm not a fan of any baseball team really either, it just looks good with what I'm wearing.

That makes sense too. It's hilarious how some people try to make something out of nothing.

Is it September yet??? Hell....I'll settle for August!
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:06 pm

Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:09 pm
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:This is a pointless thread.

It was until this happened:

kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• CALIHAWK1 wrote:This thread is pointless. Why the mods allow twom po intless threads on the same topic is beyond me. They should be punished.

I like the double post complaining about the double thread. :D
    Stephen SeaHawking
    NET Rookie

• AnchoviesofTerror wrote:If i was a nfl superstar... i would be hanging out with 9s and 10s. Anyone else notice this guys taste in putang?

This x1000000

What the hell is he doing?

Pretty sure I was batting higher when I still needed a fake ID... in England.

Image Image Image Image Image
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:52 pm
  • Look he isn't the first nor the last person not realizing that the Dolphins are an NFL team... Just like thinking the Marlins aren't a MLB team...
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:Would you state the same thing if Wilson was wearing a Steelers hat also?

I would cry if I saw Wilson wearing a Steelers hat.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:09 pm
  • Seriously, why invite needless criticism? Ok, so he wore a hat on the beach. He made it worse with his response. It just shows bad judgement and he needs to be more cognizant of his role as the "face" (sorry 9er fans) of the franchise.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:40 am
  • Exactly, Pliny. Quarterbacks (at least, the ones even remotely worth mentioning) are the faces of their respective franchises. Image matters. They shouldn't be advertising the competition, even if they grew up loving that team, or whatever. Wait until you retire, then rep whomever you want.

I don't know about the rest of you, but seeing a Seahawk rep the Seahawks specifically in any way makes me feel warm inside. I'm guessing it does for most serious fans. I'm not saying it's some requirement that all NFL players rep their team in private life, they have their freedom and can do what they want; I just think that important/popular players should rep their team.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:08 am
  • Some people are plain sad. Who gives a rats ass what he wears. As long as he okays his ass off. I don't give a damn.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:59 am
  • Anything that distracts the 49ers and agitates the fan base is a good thing.
    Stephen SeaHawking
    NET Rookie

Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:27 am
  • I must admit, for a guy who is always touted as 4.0 Super Genius Academic Role model, this dude writes like he is either a wanna-be gangsta or a bad rendition of Kid Rock.

"This the hat y'all mad at? I'm goin wear what I want regardless of what you think, all you need to worry about is the fact that I grind for my teammates and the 49ers! I plan on doin this until they won't let me in the building! #ridiculous #y'allmustbebored".

The guy isn't stupid by any means, but there is something not right with this guy. Come 'on Papaki, you were raised in a good home and outside of the South, so please quit with the "y'all" and frankly, I am going to have to ask you to go ahead and use those "g's". MMMM... Kay?
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:41 am
  • loafoftatupu wrote:I must admit, for a guy who is always touted as 4.0 Super Genius Academic Role model, this dude writes like he is either a wanna-be gangsta or a bad rendition of Kid Rock.

"This the hat y'all mad at? I'm goin wear what I want regardless of what you think, all you need to worry about is the fact that I grind for my teammates and the 49ers! I plan on doin this until they won't let me in the building! #ridiculous #y'allmustbebored".

The guy isn't stupid by any means, but there is something not right with this guy. Come 'on Papaki, you were raised in a good home and outside of the South, so please quit with the "y'all" and frankly, I am going to have to ask you to go ahead and use those "g's". MMMM... Kay?

He just seems like a jersey shore contestant to me - his style, his way of speaking, his tackiness, his weird mixture of vanity and machismo. You can say he's a 4.0 student all you want, nothing I have heard him say indicates that he has above average intelligence.
    Last edited by Stephen SeaHawking on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Stephen SeaHawking
    NET Rookie

Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:42 am
  • PlinytheCenter wrote:He made it worse with his response. It just shows bad judgement and he needs to be more cognizant of his role as the "face" (sorry 9er fans) of the franchise.

Well said.

He did something that angered a lot of his fan base, and made the fan base of the other teams laugh. Was it a huge deal? No, but it was something, lets not kid ourselves.

And then he mocked them after with that douchey face? Hilarious.
    As a musician and audio quality champion, Neil Young said in 2012, “Steve Jobs was a pioneer of digital music. But when he went home, he listened to vinyl.”
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:13 am
  • loafoftatupu wrote:I must admit, for a guy who is always touted as 4.0 Super Genius Academic Role model, this dude writes like he is either a wanna-be gangsta or a bad rendition of Kid Rock.

Another accurate Wonderlic test indicator.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:55 am
  • Reading the NFL forums today and it seems that CKDB also owns 400 pairs of shoes! Let's just sum up his douchy antics so far:

1. Prison sleeve tats and homeboy slang talk from a kid raised in the suburbs and is supposed to be a 4.0 student.

2. Kisses his bicep after good plays as a desperate "Look at me! Look at me!" bid for attention like a petulant 6 year old.

3. As the face of a very popular NFL franchise he chooses to fashion coordinate his shoes and underwear by wearing another NFL team's hat, and then has the wontons to squawk about the subsequent uproar on Twitter! Was it THAT important to wear teal that day that you couldn't find another lid to match?
    (Oh, and for all of you young pups who try to rationalize this away as "no big deal" due to a generation gap, tell me, can you think of another example of this happening in US sports history? Ever? Doesn't that tell you something? Guess what: it should.)

4. 400 pairs of shoes! Maybe us old timers need to christen him "Imelda".

The evidence is pretty compelling, is it not?
    ...and with one kiss of his bicep he proved, without a shadow of doubt, that he was every bit as much of a DBag as his coach, and most of his team's fanbase. Finally, he could call himself a Niner!
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:28 pm
  • This is akin to working for Comcast and wearing AT&T clothing to someplace and getting photographed and then saying I can wear what I want.

Monday morning you get a call from the publicity department at work...................................... Called into your Supervisors office......................................

Get released due to conduct and backed up by the jokes you made in a email at one time which is determined could be of discriminitory nature and grounds for dismissal.........................

Thats what would happen to normal people.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:31 pm
  • Trenchbroom wrote:Reading the NFL forums today and it seems that CKDB also owns 400 pairs of shoes! Let's just sum up his douchy antics so far:

1. Prison sleeve tats and homeboy slang talk from a kid raised in the suburbs and is supposed to be a 4.0 student.

2. Kisses his bicep after good plays as a desperate "Look at me! Look at me!" bid for attention like a petulant 6 year old.

3. As the face of a very popular NFL franchise he chooses to fashion coordinate his shoes and underwear by wearing another NFL team's hat, and then has the wontons to squawk about the subsequent uproar on Twitter! Was it THAT important to wear teal that day that you couldn't find another lid to match?
    (Oh, and for all of you young pups who try to rationalize this away as "no big deal" due to a generation gap, tell me, can you think of another example of this happening in US sports history? Ever? Doesn't that tell you something? Guess what: it should.)

I don't get how owning a certain amount of shoes proves anything about his character lol.

Much of the youth of today is very into sneakers (I'm still a bit younger then CK himself & also into sneakers), for the most part they're called "sneakerheads". I hate using that term though.

At your third point, Lebron wore a Yankee's hat to a Indian's baseball game and people went crazy. NY hats are probably one of the most common hats people wear.
    20% off Karmaloop & 10% off PLNDR, rep code: DUCK20
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:37 pm
  • dontbelikethat wrote:
    Trenchbroom wrote:Reading the NFL forums today and it seems that CKDB also owns 400 pairs of shoes! Let's just sum up his douchy antics so far:

I don't get how owning a certain amount of shoes proves anything about his character lol.

Much of the youth of today is very into sneakers (I'm still a bit younger then CK himself & also into sneakers), for the most part they're called "sneakerheads". I hate using that term though.

At your third point, Lebron wore a Yankee's hat to a Indian's baseball game and people went crazy. NY hats are probably one of the most common hats people wear.

It's not an indictment of his character, it's a benchmark of his self-absorbed doucheness. And if LeBron wore a Knicks hat around town, THEN we'd be talking about the same thing.
    ...and with one kiss of his bicep he proved, without a shadow of doubt, that he was every bit as much of a DBag as his coach, and most of his team's fanbase. Finally, he could call himself a Niner!
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:07 pm
  • It's not an indictment of his character, it's a benchmark of his self-absorbed doucheness. And if LeBron wore a Knicks hat around town, THEN we'd be talking about the same thing.

I've never seen anyone, even the most petulant Seahawks fan, claim that Kaepernick is a "bad guy" or amoral or has low character. No, no, no it's not that at all -- he's just a bicep-kissing douchebag. That much is pretty obvious.
    Stephen SeaHawking
    NET Rookie

Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:48 pm

It happens, some people get mad, some people don't care.
    20% off Karmaloop & 10% off PLNDR, rep code: DUCK20
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:55 pm

Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:13 pm
  • After the Seahawks beat the niners, Russell Wilson should present Kaep with a Seahawk lid. Could you imagine that photo op? Priceless.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:29 pm
  • rideaducati wrote:After the Seahawks beat the niners, Russell Wilson should present Kaep with a Seahawk lid. Could you imagine that photo op? Priceless.

Wilson is way too classy to do that...but Sherman might.
    Stephen SeaHawking
    NET Rookie

Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:09 pm
  • Stephen SeaHawking wrote:
    rideaducati wrote:After the Seahawks beat the niners, Russell Wilson should present Kaep with a Seahawk lid. Could you imagine that photo op? Priceless.

Wilson is way too classy to do that...but Sherman might.

I would bet on that happening. :snack:
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:15 pm
  • Someone needs to tweet Sherman and see if he'll try to give Kappermick a Seahawks cap to wear week 2.
    As a musician and audio quality champion, Neil Young said in 2012, “Steve Jobs was a pioneer of digital music. But when he went home, he listened to vinyl.”
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:34 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:Someone needs to tweet Sherman and see if he'll try to give Kappermick a Seahawks cap to wear week 2.

Opened a twitter account for that reason. DONE.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:41 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:Someone needs to tweet Sherman and see if he'll try to give Kappermick a Seahawks cap to wear week 2.

A couple of months ago, I Tweeted everyone in the Legion of Boom asking them if they would kiss their biceps after intercepting Kaepernick this year. No responses, but I've got my fingers crossed. I would die laughing. Can you imagine Sherman picking Kaep off, then kissing his bicep in front of the cameras right afterward? Oh, man. Troll level: 5 billion. I think the San Francisco-area hospitals would see a sudden influx of strokes and brain aneurysms.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:46 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:Someone needs to tweet Sherman and see if he'll try to give Kappermick a Seahawks cap to wear week 2.

A couple of months ago, I Tweeted everyone in the Legion of Boom asking them if they would kiss their biceps after intercepting Kaepernick this year. No responses, but I've got my fingers crossed. I would die laughing. Can you imagine Sherman picking Kaep off, then kissing his bicep in front of the cameras right afterward? Oh, man. Troll level: 5 billion. I think the San Francisco-area hospitals would see a sudden influx of strokes and brain aneurysms.

This would be magic wrapped in happiness.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:49 pm
  • Trenchbroom wrote:
    dontbelikethat wrote:Image

It happens, some people get mad, some people don't care.

OK maybe it IS just your generation LOL! ;)

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/chargers-rookie-keenan-allen-makes-regrettable-decision-wear-152735712.html

Well go look at the comments and you might change your mind. I did notice the pic has been cropped to leave off the comment that was posted above it saying "Keenan Allen Wore a Raiders Hat and Now Smart Chargers Fans Hate Him" link: http://www.lobshots.com/2013/05/20/

Read the comments also. It gives you an idea of how some view this and Papaki should have considered that type of backlash to be more important than his outfit for the day. Especially when you figure he can afford a different cap that doesn't rep another team but still has the colors he wants to rep for the day.

Plain and simple the guy is repeatedly showing lack of judgement. All I can say is if that were the face of my franchise, I would be embarrassed.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:53 pm

Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:30 pm
  • HAHAHA, some beloved 12th man did some Photoshop work. It actually looks fairly authentic. Saw it on 12th Fan View's Facebook page, not sure if he did it or just found it.

Awww, Colin, I never knew you secretly wanted to be drafted by us. You can be our backup once your contract's over.

RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:52 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:HAHAHA, some beloved 12th man did some Photoshop work. It actually looks fairly authentic. Saw it on 12th Fan View's Facebook page, not sure if he did it or just found it.

Awww, Colin, I never knew you secretly wanted to be drafted by us. You can be our backup once your contract's over.

I know someone will grab this as their avatar. And I hope, good sir or madam, that you keep it up for a long while...
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:58 pm
  • Trenchbroom wrote:I know someone will grab this as their avatar. And I hope, good sir or madam, that you keep it up for a long while...

Nothing's stopping you. :D

I can't stop smiling over that pic. It looks authentic. Someone go post it on the 49ers forums and link us to it, IMO.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:05 pm
  • please do haha
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:38 am
  • Don't care what he's wearing, but the youngster needs to pull up them damn britches.. how is that fad still here, looks uncomfortable as hell...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:13 am
  • His reputation for terapin love has spread amongst the animal kingdom, so he had to disguise himself as a dolphin so he could sneak up on some sea turtles. The droopy draws are just to facilitate the speed of the sneak attack. Less drawers to drop=faster turtle rape.

Long live Papaki.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:57 am
  • LOL.

You guys crack me up.

I can't think of another place where there would be 5 pages of talk about what hat the QB of ANOTHER TEAM is wearing.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:59 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:LOL.

You guys crack me up.

I can't think of another place where there would be 5 pages of talk about what hat the QB of ANOTHER TEAM is wearing.

Are you kidding? Any NFL team forum that gets decent action is filled with ridiculous topics during the offseason.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:59 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:LOL.

You guys crack me up.

Are you kidding? Any NFL team forum that gets decent action is filled with ridiculous topics during the offseason.

Of course...but 5 pages about what hat Kaep is wearing? Seriously?
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:09 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:

You guys crack me up.

I prefer that to 5 pages about how big Wilson's hands are.
    Stephen SeaHawking
    NET Rookie

Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:19 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:HAHAHA, some beloved 12th man did some Photoshop work. It actually looks fairly authentic. Saw it on 12th Fan View's Facebook page, not sure if he did it or just found it.

That is a really good photoshop job. I can't seen anything that makes it look 'shopped to me.
    NorCal
    NET Rookie

Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:23 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:

You guys crack me up.

Which you've now contributed to. :34853_doh:
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:25 am
  • Lol. If you have to wear a Miami Dolphins hat to match your outfit, it's a pretty good indication that you are probablly dressed like an idiot and should go change immediately.
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:27 am
  • NorCal wrote:That is a really good photoshop job. I can't seen anything that makes it look 'shopped to me.

Yep, it looks pretty good. The vast majority of the time, Photoshop jobs don't pass a 5-or-10-second eye test. Whoever did it put some serious time and effort into it. Noobs always talk about how easy to Photoshop fake stuff, and while it's definitely easier than it was say 10 years ago, to make it look authentic on even something as small as this takes a fair bit of time.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am
  • chris98251 wrote:This is akin to working for Comcast and wearing AT&T clothing to someplace and getting photographed and then saying I can wear what I want.

Monday morning you get a call from the publicity department at work...................................... Called into your Supervisors office......................................

Get released due to conduct and backed up by the jokes you made in a email at one time which is determined could be of discriminitory nature and grounds for dismissal.........................

Thats what would happen to normal people.

Exactly. The president of PepsiCo gets photo-tweeted serving Coke at his pool party? Done. The VP of Brand Developement at Ford Motor Co. rents a Chevy Malibu on his next business trip? Finished.

"Everyone hath a plan... until they get punthed in the fathe." -- Mike Tython on the 2014 Theattle Theahawkth.
    LawlessHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:04 am

PreviousNext

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:32 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information