NFL's Dameshek - Who would win in Division-vs-Division teams

uncle fester

Reaction score
So this was quite amusing (if only for the meltdown in the comments by NFC North fans)

http://davedameshek.nfl.com/2013/07/03/ ... pro-teams/

What say you? Would you agree with the rankings? Which players would you swap out?

PS. One last chuckle, I've no idea why a certain Seahawk guard is on there (mistaken identity?), but hey ho... no one seems to have noticed...

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Yeah him picking Kap over wilson is a bad choice. I know I am a homer but I just get the feeling Wilson could step in and play with a bunch of diff guys who he hasnt played with before. When they make these lists they need to think as if this was really going to happen. Not like they would have months to play together. Just like Wilson in the pro bowl. Kap I dont think would be able to adapt as quickly as Wilson cause personally I think Kap is dumb and it will show in time...lol

kira

Reaction score
HawkinNY":3qrujpo6 said:
Yeah him picking Kap over wilson is a bad choice. I know I am a homer but I just get the feeling Wilson could step in and play with a bunch of diff guys who he hasnt played with before. When they make these lists they need to think as if this was really going to happen. Not like they would have months to play together. Just like Wilson in the pro bowl. Kap I dont think would be able to adapt as quickly as Wilson cause personally I think Kap is dumb and it will show in time...lol
Ok while we can agree to disagree with the rest of your post the Bolded part I have a huge problem now tell me why you think Kap is dumb he was a 4.+ GPA in Highschool and in Collage score very high in all standardize testing...., but yeah I wont hold my breath on you even trying to back up your claim...

Throwdown

Reaction score
Saw the QB and got angry at the drop of a hat, no real reason either. I just hate you mouth breathing 49er fans.

rlkats

Reaction score
Kira I think you just got sucked into a joke.

Stephen SeaHawking

Reaction score
Cut one pre-season game, eliminate the pro-bowl, and instead have an 8-team tournament of the divisional all-stars after the season. I'd watch.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
kira":2w4rasok said:
HawkinNY":2w4rasok said:
Ok while we can agree to disagree with the rest of your post the Bolded part I have a huge problem now tell me why you think Kap is dumb he was a 4.+ GPA in Highschool and in Collage score very high in all standardize testing...., but yeah I wont hold my breath on you even trying to back up your claim...

He's not dumb, he just has those tiny little junior high school girly hands.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Lol.. Carp is on that list, but the other one I see as "off" is Whitner over Kamtrack. Now I actually like Whitner and think his coverage skills are better than some Niner fans think, but Kamtrack is better in every way.

OP
OP
uncle fester

uncle fester

Reaction score
Yeah, that was the one I thought was off, but I didn't watch all 16 of Whitner's regular season games.

But then Dameshek obviously didn't watch 16 games of Carpenter...

OP
OP
uncle fester

uncle fester

Reaction score
Would they?

The whole argument seems to hinge on 8 or 9 men stacking the box against AP leaving Johnson to run free. Except Johnson didn't fair that well one-on-one against Sherman and AP didn't do that well against the 9ers front 7. Which leaves the West offense against the North defense...

Anyways, that NFC West defense listed is pure evil.

kearly

Reaction score
Lets say for argument's sake that these teams were actually created and played in a tournament, with the winner earning conference home field advantage in the next Superbowl (as the MLB all-star game does). I'm not saying that would be a good idea, but roll with it for a sec. In that scenario, you'd really want the NFC West team to field the best possible team, right?

With that perspective (and not just simply wanting as many Seahawks on the team as possible), here are some of the changes I'd have to Dameshek's team:

Kaepernick --> Wilson
Crabtree --> Tate
Carpenter --> Cooper
Dockett --> Mebane (Dameshek is silly and doesn't include a NT in his 3-4 defense)
Peterson --> Browner
Whitner --> Chancellor

It's a bit curious that Dameshek goes with a 3-4 defense given that two of the three best defenses in the division (SEA/STL) run a 4-3. I guess it's because he wanted to make the most use of SF's strong front 7.

Wilson over Kaepernick. Putting Kaepernick over Wilson is almost like putting Freeman or Newton over Brees. Wilson is clearly better statistically and to the eyeball test. Besides that, Kaepernick wouldn't be able to get by on pure tools when facing all-star defenses every week, so his numbers would suffer quite a bit.

With Wilson the new QB, you swap out Crabtree for Tate. Tate has chemistry with Wilson and had much better efficiency numbers than Crabtree last season. They are actually pretty similar players, with Tate being just a bit better last season.

Maybe Carpenter actually deserves to be on this list, but we don't even know if he'll be healthy and starting yet, much less be a good starter. If we are taking a gamble anyway, I'd rather gamble on Jonathan Cooper, who has a ton of talent.

I don't know if there is any gas left in the tank for Dockett, he looked "done" last season. Dockett isn't a NT anyway. Mebane is the best run stopper in the division, and he had more sacks than Dockett last season to boot.

Peterson had a much weaker PFF score (per game) than Browner last season (especially when special teams wasn't considered). The team already has Harvin, so his status as a 2nd kick returner reduces Peterson's value. Browner is the better defender period, and should make the team over Peterson who brings most of his value on special teams.

Whitner over Chancellor? Why?

NinerLifer

Reaction score
That team would win every SB for the next.....until they all retired basically.

That team looks wicked scary and the defense alone would be responsible for flat out braking fools each game.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Harbaugh and Kap over Carroll and RW bahahaha.

Does the author live in SF?

kira

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":31kekj0i said:

Lol Like I said before Wilson and Keap are flipfloped 1A and 1B and no one will call you crazy for picking one over the other outside of Homers, Yes they can say they like 1 more then the other but cant say your out of your mind....
Now Jim vs Pete is a no brainer in a 1 season thing loaded with the best of the best. Why its simple he has proven he can win with established players who are being misused and gets the most out of them. Seahawks fans cant say the only thing Jim does is gets the most out of players he has and he cant sustain a winner because his players will get old. While Pete has shown that he can build a winner from the draft, so that makes him better even though Jim has been 2 the NFCC Game twice and the Superbowl 1 something Pete has not done.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The whole thing looks like a pointless excercise for fantasy football buffs that isn't even put together correctly.

kearly

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":3lbdn9gp said:
The whole thing looks like a pointless excercise for fantasy football buffs that isn't even put together correctly.

No doubt.

Also, I think the NFC West loses a lot from a list like this simply because the Seahawks and 49ers are the two deepest teams in the NFL, and depth doesn't register on an all-star list. By highlighting only the cream of the crop, the list makes the NFC North look almost better than the NFC West, but when they actually played the real games last season, the top NFC West teams dominated the top NFC North teams in the actual football games. Dominated.

BadGuy711

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":2xfjd2kg said:

I would go Fisher as HC.

Pete's strength seems to be in team building and off field philosophy, he seems to struggle with on field decisions still.

And Harbag is the product of inheriting a strong roster, having a great OC, and a strong GM who has taken the personnel to another level with some very strong moves.