Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Redzone shown on Jumbotron at Jax home games
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:56 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
I know, I know, this forum is reserved for 49er fans and Seahawks fans bickering over Harbaugh's personality and Kaep vs Wilson. So, I apologize in advance for bringing an affront to your sensibilities. I'm sure Radish will find a reason to lock it anyways, so dont fret too much.

But, news broke that Red Zone will be shown, live, during Jacksonville Home Games. At first blush this didn't seem to be that big a deal, and actually makes sense. Then, I stupidly realized if I was Bradley I'd be LIVID. People may actually be MORE into games on the screen than on the field.

Whats your thoughts?

And again, I apologize for not coming up with a good topic to discuss. At least not as good as "Kaep ACTUALLY sucks" or Vernon Davis is a TG.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Redzone shown on Jumbotron at Jax home games
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:03 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 2:21 pm
Posts: 254
My first thought is that this wouldn't happen anywhere else EXCEPT Jacksonville -- where interest in the Jaguars is only fractionally higher than it is in the rest of the country.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Redzone shown on Jumbotron at Jax home games
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:09 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
I think it should happen anywhere EXCEPT Jax. If you put the Redzone on in the Clink, it would have minimal impact. But, as with the Jags, chances are whats going down on the screen trumps what's on the field. I think this is something that should be rolled out carefully to teams with real support.


Last edited by pehawk on Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Redzone shown on Jumbotron at Jax home games
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:15 pm 
USMC 1970-77
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
Posts: 9561
Location: Monroe, WA
Meh....do we think people would shell out money for a single bad game + Red Zone on the jumbotron, when you could get NFL Network for the entire season for the same price, or less?

They're desperately trying to put butts in the seats, without the hassle of, you know, building a good team.

_________________
Talent can get you to the playoffs.
It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Redzone shown on Jumbotron at Jax home games
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:24 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 2:21 pm
Posts: 254
The next step is to start showing re-runs of Seinfeld.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Redzone shown on Jumbotron at Jax home games
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:26 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
Stephen SeaHawking wrote:
The next step is to start showing re-runs of Seinfeld.


Only in the family sections. The rest of the stadium gets the adult version "Curb".


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Redzone shown on Jumbotron at Jax home games
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:31 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17555
Location: Graham, WA
At what point does the league decide that it just didn't work in Jacksonville?

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Redzone shown on Jumbotron at Jax home games
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:38 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
Throwdown wrote:
At what point does the league decide that it just didn't work in Jacksonville?


Yeah, I don't get it. Put it in another S.E.C state.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Redzone shown on Jumbotron at Jax home games
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:39 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17555
Location: Graham, WA
pehawk wrote:
Throwdown wrote:
At what point does the league decide that it just didn't work in Jacksonville?


Yeah, I don't get it. Put it in another S.E.C state.


Alabamer!!

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Redzone shown on Jumbotron at Jax home games
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:40 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 2:21 pm
Posts: 254
If Luck or RG3 ended up in Jacksonville, I bet the league would be making a huge push to move the franchise to a more solid and populous fan base.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Redzone shown on Jumbotron at Jax home games
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:53 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
Posts: 8686
Location: Is Everything
They need to move to LA already so we can quit watching division games at 10 am.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Redzone shown on Jumbotron at Jax home games
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:59 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
Posts: 5569
Location: Kansas City, MO
It would be awesome if the Rams would move back there but I am not sure if St. Louis wouldn't put up a fight. Next best option would be Jacksonville and realigning the Rams into the AFC South.

_________________
43-8...it's all about that action boss....
next man up.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Redzone shown on Jumbotron at Jax home games
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:02 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
Maybe the SEC and NFL can work out a deal to share the Jags? Alabama and Auburn players would be pissed having to play in the NFL for less, but, hey?

If anything the NFL should've forced Tebow down the jags throat last year. At least it would've sold seats and made them interesting.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Redzone shown on Jumbotron at Jax home games
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:08 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 2:21 pm
Posts: 254
pehawk wrote:
Maybe the SEC and NFL can work out a deal to share the Jags? Alabama and Auburn players would be pissed having to play in the NFL for less, but, hey?

If anything the NFL should've forced Tebow down the jags throat last year. At least it would've sold seats and made them interesting.

I really don't know why the Jags wouldn't have wanted him...It would have been great from a business perspective. I mean, do they really expect us to believe that they are trying to compete?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Redzone shown on Jumbotron at Jax home games
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:11 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
Stephen SeaHawking wrote:
pehawk wrote:
Maybe the SEC and NFL can work out a deal to share the Jags? Alabama and Auburn players would be pissed having to play in the NFL for less, but, hey?

If anything the NFL should've forced Tebow down the jags throat last year. At least it would've sold seats and made them interesting.

I really don't know why the Jags wouldn't have wanted him...It would have been great from a business perspective. I mean, do they really expect us to believe that they are trying to compete?


It actually pissed me off. He earned a REAL shot by going 8-4, w/playoff dubya, IMO. Instead, Jax went with Uma Thurman's hair-double who shies away from mythical contact on bubble screens. Gabbert backs away from contact with genitalia.


Last edited by pehawk on Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Redzone shown on Jumbotron at Jax home games
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:20 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
Posts: 8686
Location: Is Everything
pehawk wrote:
Stephen SeaHawking wrote:
pehawk wrote:
Maybe the SEC and NFL can work out a deal to share the Jags? Alabama and Auburn players would be pissed having to play in the NFL for less, but, hey?

If anything the NFL should've forced Tebow down the jags throat last year. At least it would've sold seats and made them interesting.

I really don't know why the Jags wouldn't have wanted him...It would have been great from a business perspective. I mean, do they really expect us to believe that they are trying to compete?


It actually pissed me off. He earned a REAL shot by going 8-4, w/playoff dubya, IMO. Instead, Jax went with Uma Thurman's hair-double who shy's away mythical contact on bubble screens. Gabbert backs away from contact with genitalia.



Funny thing about Gabbert is some of the draft geniuses here were begging for him to fall to us.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Redzone shown on Jumbotron at Jax home games
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:32 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:05 pm
Posts: 77
I don't like Red Zone or fantasy football, they take away from focus. With Red Zone, you are missing the narrative arc of the game and going straight to the "good parts," like eating only the icing of a cake. Instead of the real thing you are getting multiple facsimiles which try to add up to be better than the real thing.

It makes sense as a management move to cater to the masses and compensate for Jacksonville's lackluster on-field product. It's an entirely predictable development in the ADD-ification of American culture. But like Professor Frink said on the Simpsons when he wouldn't let the kids play with the lawnmower with the balls popping up, "No you can't play with it, you won't enjoy it on as many levels as I do."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Redzone shown on Jumbotron at Jax home games
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:29 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 3080
Location: Anchorage, AK
Actually I think something is needed but redzone channel is to much. There are lots of casual / corporate fans at every game and the league needs to cater to them for financial reasons.

I say go touchdown / FG only. Have a scoring zone produced centrally then local guy that pipes out the picture every time there is a few seconds stoppage and like 1st down, 2nd down not third down, not after controversial / big play etc.

I think it would enhance without taking away if done right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Redzone shown on Jumbotron at Jax home games
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:35 am 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:23 pm
Posts: 282
Location: New Orleans
Well, at least those poor fans will finally see someone score a touchdown...

I don't even think they know what one looks like. :lol:

_________________
Image

pehawk wrote:
I have a boner, right now, as I type this.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Redzone shown on Jumbotron at Jax home games
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:22 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17555
Location: Graham, WA
IronSaint wrote:
Well, at least those poor fans will finally see someone score a touchdown...

I don't even think they know what one looks like. :lol:


Well if they SHOWED UP, they'd see the visiting team drop a few TD's here and there.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Redzone shown on Jumbotron at Jax home games
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:24 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:18 pm
Posts: 1443
This is the equivalent of a tree falling in the forest with no one around to hear it fall.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Redzone shown on Jumbotron at Jax home games
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:03 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:23 pm
Posts: 282
Location: New Orleans
Throwdown wrote:
Well if they SHOWED UP, they'd see the visiting team drop a few TD's here and there.


Valid point, sir. :lol:

_________________
Image

pehawk wrote:
I have a boner, right now, as I type this.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Redzone shown on Jumbotron at Jax home games
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:00 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:38 am
Posts: 2015
Location: Graham, WA
They should move the Rams to LA, then when STL get's pissed and finally get's some $$ for a new stadium or renovations, move Jax to STL. It would make much more geographical sense.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 4freakin9, BGHawk, Exittium, Google [Bot], Kennedyin92, NINEster, sc85sis, Yahoo [Bot], Yxes1122 and 23 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.