Aaron Hernandez taken away in cuffs...

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
  • After days of secrecy in the closely watched investigation, the prosecutor's comments in court provided the first detailed account of Lloyd's killing and the evidence detectives have uncovered.
    A jogger found Lloyd's body, riddled with gunshot wounds, in a secluded area of an industrial park near Hernandez's house June 17, McCauley said.
    Investigators later found five shell casings at the scene. Inside his pocket, McCauley said, they found a wallet and keys to a car that Hernandez had rented.
    Around 2:30 a.m. that same day, the prosecutor said, Lloyd was last seen leaving his Boston home with Hernandez in a silver Nissan Altima.
    Less than an hour later, surveillance cameras at the North Attleborough industrial park showed the vehicle heading toward the remote area where Lloyd's body was later found, McCauley said.
    "The car goes down there at 3:22," McCauley said. "Four minutes later, the car is visible again. During the interval between 3:23 and 3:27, people who were working the overnight shift hear gunshots."
    Minutes later, surveillance video from Hernandez's home security system shows the former NFL player arriving back at his house with two other people, according to the district attorney. Hernandez appears to be holding a firearm, McCauley said.
    "The defendant goes walking through the house with the gun in his hand. That is captured in the video. ... And they all go down to the basement," McCauley said. "Once in the basement, the surveillance gets shut off."
    McCauley said the gun Hernandez was carrying in the surveillance video has not been found.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/26/justice/n ... ?hpt=hp_t2
    Dreadbelch
    NET Rookie

• Who's surveillance was it that he was caught walking into his home with a firearm?
    Axx
    NET Veteran

• The car was not found next to the body. Hernandez returned the car to the rental company, and exchanged it for another. The original rental car, when being inspected, was found to have a mirror broken off. Hernandez said he didn't know how that happened.

Then, during cleaning of the rental, a shell casing and the gum was found underneath the driver's seat. The employee threw both away, and after being interviewed, cops retrieved both pieces of evidence from the dumpster.
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Axx wrote:Who's surveillance was it that he was caught walking into his home with a firearm?

Both the neighborhood video, and the home surveillance video that Hernandez tried to destroy. Like I said, he's a dumbass, thinking they couldn't still retrieve the video.
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• dontbelikethat wrote:Bruce Irvin of the Seahawks:

Quote:
    Right! RT @Os_Island: In the court of law you're innocent until proven guilty.... In the streets you're guilty until proven innocent.

https://twitter.com/BIrvin_WVU11

I read that too but what do you think he means by that?
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Tech Worlds wrote:
    dontbelikethat wrote:Bruce Irvin of the Seahawks:

Quote:
    Right! RT @Os_Island: In the court of law you're innocent until proven guilty.... In the streets you're guilty until proven innocent.

That he isn't a very intelligent guy.
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Would it be bad taste for me to buy a Hernandez jersey and start wearing it work?
    "Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force."

- Barbie from Toy Story 3
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• Man what a tool. All I can think of is Dave Chappelle's " keeping it real" skits. If he didn't pull the trigger, hell, if he was just there he deserves what he is now going to experience. I have been around this animalistic reality and the guys that follow it are just that, animals. Below human in my opinion. To bad it didn't happen in a death penalty state. Hopefully he doesn't pull a Ray Lewis out of his ass and walk then become a preacher and portray himself as a role model to kids. Weak minded, no morals.. man, this kind of stuff pisses me off.

Before someone gets on the soapbox, the facts are the facts. Even if one of his buddies did the dirty work he was still there. How many of you guys have close buddies that would do what was done to the deceased for what has been mentioned as motive? What would the motive have to be for you to defend your buddies? My 21 year old nephew just came back from Afghanistan, did a year and a half on the ground in the Army, knocking on doors and interacting with the citizens. He reassured me that humans are still humans Saturday when I hung out with him again. People like this do not deserve to ever be a part of society.
    irocdave
    NET Veteran

• Dreadbelch wrote:Image

He should be put away just for having rivets in his shirt.

Damn thugs and their lack of gun safety. Never touch the trigger unless you are actively shooting!

I blame it on Hollywood, they always show people running, jumping, etc with a finger inside the trigger guard. Pulp Fiction would be the obvious exception :twisted:
    Osprey
    NET Rookie

• taz291819 wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:
    dontbelikethat wrote:Bruce Irvin of the Seahawks:

Quote:

That he isn't a very intelligent guy.

biiiiig what if: os_island knows the victim in some way and said that.
    Additionally what if: birvin knows os_island....
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

• ClumsyLurk wrote:
    drdiags wrote:the whole walking through the crib with his handgun talking about not being able to trust anyone moments after the killing .

I thought that happened before the man was killed. That makes a difference right?

I could be mistaken since I was half-ass listening to the radio when the story was being relayed. Makes more sense that this was before the murder. Does go toward his state of mind prior to the murder if the prosecution can show he was in a high state of agitation toward the victim.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• I wouldn't say a high state of mind, but it was pre-meditated.
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Osprey wrote:
    Dreadbelch wrote:Image

He should be put away just for having rivets in his shirt.

Damn thugs and their lack of gun safety. Never touch the trigger unless you are actively shooting!

I blame it on Hollywood, they always show people running, jumping, etc with a finger inside the trigger guard. Pulp Fiction would be the obvious exception :twisted:

NO doubt.. Especially a Glock, which gives the handler a nice parking spot for the trigger finger on the guard. In fact, keeping your finger on the trigger renders the safety mechanism "unsafe"

A selfie with a firearm. That has tool written all over it.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• Wow.......this is pretty insane.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• I just can't get over that he is THE murder suspect. I don't care how much money you have or how famous you are, if you have any value for your life, you avoid that situation like the plague.

Young child to raise and dream life ahead if the guy simply got away from the crap. Instead he used his wealth and fame to become even worse?

When this started, I thought at worse, that this dude was covering for a friend, but HE is charged with MURDER.

WTF?!?!?!
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• Hernandez had issues at Florida with pot.

As you can see pot is a gateway drug to murder.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• fenderbender123 wrote:Would it be bad taste for me to buy a Hernandez jersey and start wearing it work?

Do you work in a federal penitentiary? If so, then yes!
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• I just wanted to give props to Calihawk1, who gave me reason to pause when I was heading down Conspiracy Lane in the other thread. Cali said the cops were getting their case airtight before moving in and it looks like he called it. If this bizarre situation played out the way it appears to have, then today is a good day for justice.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

Re: Aaron Hernandez taken away in cuffs...
Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:22 pm
  • ClumsyLurk wrote:biiiiig what if: os_island knows the victim in some way and said that.
    Additionally what if: birvin knows os_island....

os_island is Omar Bolden, cornerback of the Broncos. Wouldn't be surprised if Irvin did know him.
    20% off Karmaloop & 10% off PLNDR, rep code: DUCK20
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran

• I read somewhere that Hernandez has been a gang member since he was 14 years. Which gang was that? In a place like Bristol CT?
    The Moment: Image
    TwilightError
    NET Veteran

• TwilightError wrote:I read somewhere that Hernandez has been a gang member since he was 14 years. Which gang was that? In a place like Bristol CT?

I don't know if what you read is true or not, but he does have the word "blood" tattooed on one of his hands. I'm not to sure if there is any gang affiliation associated with that tattoo, but you can take it for what it is.
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran

• There are some places in CT where gangs run rampant, I forgot the city, I believe it was Hartford had a huge Latin King base in the 90's. So it isn't far fetched that there's other gang activity in the state.

One thing I'm not gonna do is write this guy off on any possibility for his personal life, we look like we're just scratching the surface on what might be just a straight up bad dude.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Kjr is saying he might be involved in two more murders from last year. The have a guy from Boston on next to talk about the story.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• http://blog.al.com/wire/2013/06/report_ ... der_i.html

here's another article about it.. I read he has affiliations to the Blood Gang, which the word is tattooed on his wrist..

the old saying holds true, you can take the kid out of the streets, but you can't take the streets out of the kid... Sad Story..

hopefully this will have an effect on more of the young guys coming into professional sports, make them realize regardless who they are, they'll be held accountable for their actions. Horrible for the victims family, and his fiance and unborn child... what a waste.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• CPHawk wrote:Kjr is saying he might be involved in two more murders from last year. The have a guy from Boston on next to talk about the story.

Wow, I hope he's not involved. When it rain, it pours...
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran

• hawker84 wrote:http://blog.al.com/wire/2013/06/report_aaron_hernandez_under_i.html

here's another article about it.. I read he has affiliations to the Blood Gang, which the word is tattooed on his wrist..

Supposedly, he's a member of the Bristol Bloods:

http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/27/aaron-her ... ang-signs/
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• And now he is under investigation for a double homicide a year ago? Holy Shit

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/227024 ... le-killing

If this is true and accurate, we are talking cold blooded killer in the NFL
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• Damn sounds like whoever else was involved straight up snitched on Hernandez on everything
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• love how these gangsters act like their way of life is what they are forced to do because of their environment.

then when this thug breaks free and makes millions and has everything you could ask for, he still can't help but act like an immature witless child.

then again the question is always the same, where's his father?
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

• Dudes an idiot and a waste.

I would like to thank him for taking some heat off the adderall subject surrounding Seattle.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

• it also has the words "sweat" and "tears" next to it
    bryantology79
    NET Starter

• Possible that they're linking him to the other shooting based on ballistics evidence (said they found shell casings in his car under he seat).
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

• Criminal Mastermind?

Ok, not really at all.

Hawknballs wrote:...then again the question is always the same, where's his father?

Passed away when he was a teenager.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

• Criminal mastermind? That's a good one. I haven't seen a guy try to get caught like this since...I don't even know.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Second person arrested in connection to Hernandez murder case

BRISTOL, Conn. (AP) - A prosecutor says the arrest of a Connecticut man is linked to the murder investigation involving former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... e/2463633/
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

• So they really have these bloods and crips in every corner of the country.. Are they in the state of Washington too?
    TwilightError
    NET Veteran

• When it rains....
    BOSTON (MyFoxBoston.com) -- FOX 25 has learned exclusively that investigators are looking into Aaron Hernandez in connection to a double homicide that happened on July 16, 2012 in downtown Boston.

Read more: http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/227024 ... z2XRGFmahl
    SDHawk
    NET Veteran

• From this article: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-o ... ble-murder

The working theory, according to the Globe, is that Odin Lloyd -- the man Hernandez is charged with killing -- may have had information about Hernandez's role in the double murders.

Pure speculation but Hernandez stated that you can't trust nobody before he allegedly went and killed Lloyd. So to me the question is if Lloyd was talking to the police, Lloyd's gf knew that he was (who I guess is friends / sister with Hernandez's gf which is how he found out). This would also explain the text - I am with NFL - as in if something happens to me tell the police I went with Hernandez

maybe I am reading to much into it but it really seems like a logical path to how things went to where they went. A whole lot more logical than my buddy talked to someone in a bar last week that I don't like so now at 2.30am I am going to go kill him and then later smash the security system instead of turning it off.
    2014 inagural .net Survivor pool CHAMPION
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• Wow. This story just gets crazier by the minute.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• I wouldn't be surprised if one of the two other guys involved is working with the police and making a deal. They seem to have come up with quite a bit of information and have known where to look in a short period of time. And that would be the smart thing to do, if Hernandez indeed feels like he needs to tie up loose ends this way.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

• TwilightError wrote:So they really have these bloods and crips in every corner of the country.. Are they in the state of Washington too?

Tacoma/Lakewood/Parkland/Spanaway and A few places in Seattle are pretty notorious for gangs and gang violence. Not just strictly Crips and Bloods either.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• mikeak wrote:From this article: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-o ... ble-murder

The working theory, according to the Globe, is that Odin Lloyd -- the man Hernandez is charged with killing -- may have had information about Hernandez's role in the double murders.

Pure speculation but Hernandez stated that you can't trust nobody before he allegedly went and killed Lloyd. So to me the question is if Lloyd was talking to the police, Lloyd's gf knew that he was (who I guess is friends / sister with Hernandez's gf which is how he found out). This would also explain the text - I am with NFL - as in if something happens to me tell the police I went with Hernandez

maybe I am reading to much into it but it really seems like a logical path to how things went to where they went. A whole lot more logical than my buddy talked to someone in a bar last week that I don't like so now at 2.30am I am going to go kill him and then later smash the security system instead of turning it off.

Since all this came out I've kept asking myself "why". Is Hernandez actually stupid enough to waste some one because of some one talking to some one else? People kill people for the stupidest reasons. Some for money....some for power....some because of racism...and some simply for the thrill. But I'd wager most these people don't have much in life to begin with. But with Hernandez...it just seems the pieces don't fit. He had to have more of a reason than Lloyd talking to someone he didn't like. Theres gotta be more to it than that. BUT...I've said it before....never underestimate the power of stupidity.
    Oh DonkoSpurt We Hardly Knew Ye!
    samwize77
    NET Veteran

• sounds to me like hernandez thought he could get away with something and pay people off and realized that wasn't going to work and started to tie up loose ends. This Lloyd killing sounds like it's connected to the double murder last year which could in turn be related to something else.

who knows how many secrets this guy has? there was that other shooting when he was at FLA that he was questioned for that no one was charged with. Could just be a chain of him trying to shut people up.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:01 am
  • Throwdown wrote:
    TwilightError wrote:So they really have these bloods and crips in every corner of the country.. Are they in the state of Washington too?

Tacoma/Lakewood/Parkland/Spanaway and A few places in Seattle are pretty notorious for gangs and gang violence. Not just strictly Crips and Bloods either.

Spokane, Yakimia and Tri Cities has a huge gang population as well...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:05 am
  • Throwdown wrote:
    TwilightError wrote:So they really have these bloods and crips in every corner of the country.. Are they in the state of Washington too?

Must be scary stuff to live close to it...

Since it is so widespread, there must be loads of gang members (even murderers?) in the NFL. Maybe most can leave it behind, but there most be many struggling with unwilling involvement.. Hernandez probably just chose to live like that. At least he looks the part.
    TwilightError
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:12 am
  • I am watching the bail hearing right now.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:14 am
  • samwize77 wrote:He had to have more of a reason than Lloyd talking to someone he didn't like. .

Well I 100% agree with you. Furthermore if he did it just because Lloyd talked to the wrong person it would have been done smarter. Like not run out in the middle of the night suddenly and do it but better planned and thought through. Heck steal a car and do it is a better option than using your rental.

Which is why I would not be surprised to find out Lloyd were talking to the cops
    2014 inagural .net Survivor pool CHAMPION
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:39 am
  • Denied bail. No surprise.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

PreviousNext

It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:33 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information