The Bengals

pehawk

Reaction score
They kind of fascinate me.

The talent they have is indeed top 5, without a doubt. Yet, no one takes them seriously as contenders? Their coach is great, IMO, he's dealt a rough hand every year with poor ownership and management. I REALLY thought they should've taken a flyer on Geno or Barkley this past draft. I think Dalton what keeps them from ever being considered great.

Random musing today, sorry. I really want to be kearly...but keep my good looks.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Dalton needs to move a step beyond game manager but I have them to win their division and it very well should be either them or Houston vs Denver in the AFC Championship, IMO.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1avuewea said:
Dalton needs to move a step beyond game manager but I have them to win their division and it very well should be either them or Houston vs Denver in the AFC Championship, IMO.

Of course they'll win the division, its the Hard Knocks factor. Last time they went 6-0 in the AFC North after a Hard Knocks year.

IMO, the reason they'll never be a true blue contender is because of their ownership and front office. A well run organization would've brought in another QB to compete with the ginger. Hell, his skills dont even jive well with their talent and WR and TE. They need a stronger arm, hypothetically.

I have a soft spot in my heart for the Bengals. I like Marvin and sympathize with perennial losing franchises.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I don't think they make the playoffs.

1. Pittsburgh
2. Baltimore
3. Cincinatti
4. Cleveland

Don't trust Dalton.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Cleveland's winning this year. The stepford GM and coach are gone.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
From a betting angle I think Cleveland, like Cincy and St Louis of recent years will be one of the best teams ATS. I know I will be monitoring them verrrrry closely. They are going to be a competitive squad.

BigNastyyy

Reaction score
As long as you have a QB with the last name Dalton or Weeden then I'll see you at the bottom of the division.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2gooc07b said:
From a betting angle I think Cleveland, like Cincy and St Louis of recent years will be one of the best teams ATS. I know I will be monitoring them verrrrry closely. They are going to be a competitive squad.

Agreed.

They already have the talent...and now they add a great DC and Weeden (the Englishseahawks FAVORITE) in year two. Every team in that division should be 8 wins.

Holmgren and Shurmer we're just horrific and seemed uninterested.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
BigNastyyy":5zhxh8k4 said:
As long as you have a QB with the last name Dalton then I'll see you at the bottom of the division.

Like last year?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
pehawk":3c6i3m4k said:
bestfightstory":3c6i3m4k said:

Agreed.

They already have the talent...and now they add a great DC and Weeden (the Englishseahawks FAVORITE) in year two. Every team in that division should be 8 wins.

Holmgren and Shurmer we're just horrific and seemed uninterested.

I'd be shocked if every team in that division was at 8+ wins.

The Bengals might win the division (because of the brilliance of AJ Green, who makes Dalton look passable as a QB), but I think we'll see a 9-8-7-6 kind of distribution. Highly doubt any team makes double-digits in the win column. And that 6 wins might be too generous for Cleveland (who, let's face it, are going to finish last again).

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
I think you're selling Cleveland short, vols. But we'll see. They have talent where you want it, and at QB a dude who can at least make all the throws. I had a VERY low opinion of the tone Holmgren set there. I think Holmy and Shurmur's absense will help alot.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
pehawk":3jiy718x said:
I think you're selling Cleveland short, vols. But we'll see. They have talent where you want it, and at QB a dude who can at least make all the throws. I had a VERY low opinion of the tone Holmgren set there. I think Holmy and Shurmur's absense will help alot.

I agree with you on Holmgren/Shurmur being a disaster there, but I think of it in the same way that I think of central Oklahoma. A tornado passes through and makes the place a disaster area. Then a second tornado passes through the existing disaster area, leaving - yup, you guessed it - disaster. Holmgren and Shurmur were that SECOND tornado, imo.

I think the Browns are trapped in a loop, unfortunately for them. They keep hiring and firing regimes, meaning that they're starting over constantly. They keep having to determine their new "identity" and then go out and get the players to fit it. I don't think much of any of their skill position players, honestly. They've got some interesting guys on D, but they've been constantly hampered by bad coaching.

Maybe Norv will work magic with Weeden, but I'm doubtful. Maybe Horton will be able to bring his creativity to the Cleveland D. But I'm not a believer in Chudzinski at all.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Vols, but they have the GREATEST Auburn QB of all-time there, right?

You made me laugh with the tornado analogy. Good work, il Duce.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Vegas Over/Under for wins

Pittsburgh 9
Baltimore 8.5
Cincinatti 8.5
Cleveland 6

Division Odds

Pittsburgh 9/5
Baltimore 9/5
Cincinnati 2/1
Cleveland 8/1

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
So Vegas is closer to my view of the Browns than vols. Thats really all I need, vols, I win sir.

Besides, you're an SEC guy.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Cleveland as 8.5 feels wrong, just because of Weeden.

Did Cincy clean up their linebacker deficit?

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3oz0tfnr said:
Cleveland as 8.5 feels wrong, just because of Weeden.

Did Cincy clean up their linebacker deficit?

I could play Will with that line. I know, I know, you're the founding member of the Tim Ruskell fan club, so this is hard to hear.

But, DL makes the LB's, not the other way around.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Yeah, well that D-line isn't making Burfict and Maualuga any faster. Burfict is a liability when teams pass, and Rey is a liability most of the rest of the time. a deficit at MLB could leave them a bit soft underneath.

Who do they have at RB?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
pehawk":24sqomqs said:
So Vegas is closer to my view of the Browns than vols. Thats really all I need, vols, I win sir.

Besides, you're an SEC guy.

Heh, I think the under on Cleveland is a damn fine bet.

(and because I'm an SEC guy, I know what winning looks like... and I don't see a lot of it in the AFC North this season :mrgreen: )

Subzero717

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1wfbaekp said:
Yeah, well that D-line isn't making Burfict and Maualuga any faster. Burfict is a liability when teams pass, and Rey is a liability most of the rest of the time. a deficit at MLB could leave them a bit soft underneath.

Who do they have at RB?

They have the rookie from UNC so we don't know.

8.5 for Cleveland? That's a an under I'd take all day.