Luke Kuechly

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Luke Kuechly
Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:19 pm
  • I wanted this guy so bad last year. Love Irvin but its too bad he didn't fall to us. Anyways, I know its only preseason but he us killing it out there vs the Ravens.

1) Pressured Flacco into throwing a pick
    2) forced fumble that was recovered for a TD
    3)broke up a pass that resulted in an INT (BS call that negated it),
    4) and the very next play he INT's Flacco's pass in the red zone. This kid is NASTY!!!
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Re: Luke Kuechly
Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:26 pm
  • He is killing it. Brandon Williams is looking good at DT too. But playing next to Haloti Ngata makes lots of DTs look good.

I'm jealous of Carolina's DT pairing, Lotuleilei and Kawaan...darn.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:28 pm
  • LOL, did they roll up the 3 points on the scoreboard before they even kicked?
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:29 pm
  • Let's see him do it when it matters. Wagner had more ints and sacks than Kuechly, and Kuechly has nobody who knows how to do anything around him, comparatively; more opportunities. I'm not hating on him, but I haven't seen anything to make me want him over Wagner as of yet.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:49 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Let's see him do it when it matters. Wagner had more ints and sacks than Kuechly, and Kuechly has nobody who knows how to do anything around him, comparatively; more opportunities. I'm not hating on him, but I haven't seen anything to make me want him over Wagner as of yet.

Well it is the "dress rehearsal" and he's killing it with Charles Johnson, Grady, Lotulelei, Short, and Beason out there

But you're right about Wagner...don't know I forgot about him. Just thought of the 1st rd
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:54 pm
  • No doubt he's putting in work in Carolina.

I would still take Bobby Wagner at this point, and going forward. He was every bit as effective at MLB, and he's a tackle machine. I think this is going to be a huge year for Wags, and he will start to get some more attention as a leader on the defense (it seems unfair to have a defense with great leaders for every unit).

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:14 pm
  • John Simon looks pretty good, he was a favorite of Kearlys.

These referees suck...wow.
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:30 pm
  • As good as Carolina's defense looks tonight, their offense looks like the mirror image.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:48 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:As good as Carolina's defense looks tonight, their offense looks like the mirror image.

Cam looks very ordinary
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:18 pm
  • Cam has looked terrible this preseason. Carolina's defense has looked outstanding every time I've caught their games though. They were a fringe-elite defense last season that made several terrific young additions in 2013. Kuechly looks as good or better than Patrick Willis ever did. I was a big fan of Kuechly and thought he'd be a HoFer in the NFL, but even I didn't think he'd be quite THIS good. He was incredible out there tonight. One huge play after another.

Simon is still the same guy. Monster pass rusher that mobile QBs can run away from. Still, his ability to create pressure makes him one of the biggest steals of the 2013 draft, IMO.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:27 pm
  • I came on here just to see if anyone else was talking about Kuechly. Good Lord what a beast. I love me some Wagner but this guy seems to be playing out of his head.

The Panthers will be very, very tough at home for us in Week 1. Even Cam looking subpar doesn't make me feel that confident. They will want a piece of this Blue and Green Hype Machine and we had better bring it or we are headed home 0-1.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:35 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:He is killing it. Brandon Williams is looking good at DT too. But playing next to Haloti Ngata makes lots of DTs look good.

I heard Gruden mention specifically that "Seattle and most of the other NFL teams" had scouts there watching that game because of their glut of good Defensive Linemen...
    LawlessHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:57 am
  • LawlessHawk wrote:
    ivotuk wrote:He is killing it. Brandon Williams is looking good at DT too. But playing next to Haloti Ngata makes lots of DTs look good.

I heard Gruden mention specifically that "Seattle and most of the other NFL teams" had scouts there watching that game because of their glut of good Defensive Linemen...

Makes sense. If they have to make some cuts, you know we're going to make offers they can't refuse.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:40 am
  • After watching Kuechly last night, i feel much better about him beating out Wagner for Defensive rookie of the year last season. He's damn good. I know Wags will make a much bigger splash this year and put himself up there among the best in the game, but man could you imagine, Kuechly at MIB, and Wagner and Wright at OLB, dare to dream.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:40 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information