For Ninerbuff... You're just wrong.

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Re: For Ninerbuff... You're just wrong.
Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:04 pm
  • hawker84 wrote:
    NinerBuff wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Steelers fans, for obvious reasons. Not because they're fine with their XL* trophy, but because they pretend like everything was kosher and they'd have won it no matter what, with proper officiating.

I really don't dislike any other fan bases besides the 49ers/Steelers, to be honest.

I guess that's fair, I don't like the Steelers either, but I really don't like any other team. I'm more indifferent to them compared to the Giants / Cowboys / Seahawks / Packers.

for me it's the following:

Redskins, (extremskins) :pukeface:
    niners :baby:
    steelers :smiley_boxin:
    falcons :censored:

everybody else about the same.

For me it's

Cowboys: They got as many superbowls as us and have screwed us out of almost as many chances to get another one plus ... fuck the cowboys.

Packers: If I had to pick a second favorite team this would be it. However Favre burning us in the 90's and us never being able to beat them at their field until recently makes me despise them. I do like Rodgers though the guy grew up a niner fan and wanted to play for us.....

Raiders: Born and raised in the bay (South Bay in Frisco) only naturally do I despise the Raiders. It doesn't help that their fans are some of the most obnoxious in history. Even when their team is shit they find a way to talk crap and get more pleasure out of rooting against the 9ers than they do FOR the Raiders. Fuck Oakland.

Ravens/Rams. The Ravens are recent and have no history of rivalry with us but they beat us in our only superbowl loss. I will forever hate those purple bastards.
    Rams.... well they are the only team in the division to have a superbowl title besides us and love to brag that they are the most recent superbowl winners in the division. Grats to yall I hope you send Kurt Warner a Christmas card every year.

Other than that I don't really hate any other teams. Steelers got 6 but never at our expense. Seattle might be competitive against us now but never beat us in any big games or won a superbowl (no offense). Giants almost made the list but are so spread out in their 49er heartbreaks that I don't really care.
    BigBay49
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:38 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:LOL. Probably true.

Oh yeah...NY Giants fans are pretty bad too.

No, it is true. I had to live in rural Wisconsin for almost a decade after my parents divorced, and I've been to Lambeau. How do you think a city of 104,000 people supports a publicly owned NFL franchise?

(Hint: They don't. If you traced the source of dollars for the team, it'd come from a billion places in the middle of nowhere throughout the state. Still plenty from Milwaukee, Madison, etc. too, but way more from rural areas than any other NFL franchise.)

Yup. A bunch of rich farmers really own that team. Its similar to our government. Yeah democracy "for the people, by the people" but the elected officials are rarely a representative of the "people" anymore.

My co worker from Wisc said the reason why Lambeu Field is still called that is when the city was trying to sell the naming rights to a corporation to generate income for the city, a bunch of super wealthy packer fans bought the naming rights and kept it Lambeu. I don't know how vaild that is though.
    Young2Rice
    NET Rookie

Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:25 am
  • NinerBuff wrote:rideaducati,

Thanks for the response. Most of your points are accurate, but slanted towards diminishing Kaep (which is understandable considering he's now your biggest obstacle to making a deep playoff run).

And yes, Kaep was raw last season. He made a few silly mistakes and didn't have the full playbook when he started after Alex's injury. But he passed every hurdle and performed much better than almost anyone would have hoped. And really, if he'd completed one of the passes from 5yds out in SB, this would be a totally different discussion. He improved throughout the season and had 3 really good playoff starts.

He's legit and it will only be a matter of time before you agree.

I don't think he's gonna be very good. Like I said, there is a reason he couldn't beat out Alex Smith.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:41 am
  • NorCal wrote:The Webzone is something awful. Even most niner fans know that

Yep. Not sure why fans of opposing teams like to go there to build their opinion of us from.
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:37 am
  • rideaducati wrote:
    NinerBuff wrote:rideaducati,

Thanks for the response. Most of your points are accurate, but slanted towards diminishing Kaep (which is understandable considering he's now your biggest obstacle to making a deep playoff run).

And yes, Kaep was raw last season. He made a few silly mistakes and didn't have the full playbook when he started after Alex's injury. But he passed every hurdle and performed much better than almost anyone would have hoped. And really, if he'd completed one of the passes from 5yds out in SB, this would be a totally different discussion. He improved throughout the season and had 3 really good playoff starts.

He's legit and it will only be a matter of time before you agree.

I don't think he's gonna be very good. Like I said, there is a reason he couldn't beat out Alex Smith.

It really is the million dollar question. You can look at Kaep in several ways. Love him and focus on his arm strength and running ability while you ignore his red zone and 3rd down deficiency, hate him an focus on his progressions (or general lack there of) while ignoring his arm strength and legs or try and be fair and consider everything.

I am unsure of him myself. I don't think you can completely dismiss his success's or deny his short comings. He has a very strong arm but does he have touch? A Niner fan will say of course but I think it is a much bigger question. Look at his completion percentage but then factor in how well Crabtree got open early and where most of Kaeps targets went to.

Someone posted some stats of his success rate to Crabtree vs everyone else and it was eye opening to say the least. A great QB will make his receivers better like Brady has done for years (as long as he has some targets he will make the rest serviceable) and some receivers make QB's better like AJ Green and crew have done for Dalton but even with that said there are sometimes just to much to overcome like Fitzgerald with anyone other than Warner or Hasselbeck without a single starting caliber receiver on the team.

That said I think Crabtree's role in Kaep's success last year is being way under rated. The chemistry between the two along with Kaep's arm strength after building some confidence created a winning combination that not only made Kaep's job much easier it also made the rest of the receiving crew more successful. As well as running game. Crabtree really was that good.

Now without Crabtree we will get to see if Kaep can become Alex Smith. Can he execute a screen, read defenses well enough to utilize his dump off's when no one is open. Can he recognize when Boldin is open and put the ball in a position were he has the best chance to fight for it?

Alex Smith proved with that running game, O-line and defense holding opponents to manageable scores, they could still win because Smith had become a master of the dink and dunk. Creating long time consuming drives that ate the clock and almost always resulted in points on the board. As time went on he become more confident and started stretching the field much better. Given time I think he may have become one of the leagues better QB's. The question now is can Keap do the same?

Without Crabtree, unless Kaep can be successful with Boldin it will make it much easier for defenses to stack the box and slow down the running game while taking away Kaeps running lanes. If that happens then every defense that does it will start to look like the defenses that Shut Kaep down last year. You need those threats receiving to hold the defense at bay. Without it you will become much more one dimensional.

I suspect Kaeps red zone and 3rd down rate will actually decline this year and I think it is inevitable. I know many Niner fans will argue it but there is a thread in the Niners webzone that says 67% of the fans believe their receiving core is better right now than they were last year even without Crabtree. So I think you can consider that when factoring their opinion.

I think it is obvious if Kaep has a decent system around him with good threats at receiver, he can be a good QB but that does not answer the question of is he a good QB. We will get to see this year if Kaep really is a good QB or if he is a product of his system. My prediction is alot of Niner fans are going to be very surprised and upset this year and talk of letting Alex Smith go will also be a hot topic, especially if Smith has any success in KC.

In fairness I won't hold this year against Kaep any more than I held the last few years in Seattle against Hasselbeck. Keap still has a dominant O-line and running game that Matt didn't and he still has at least one good receiver and VD but for the most part it stops there. We seen how quickly an allpro QB can become ineffective and look like a bad QB when the system around him crumbles. We will see if playing with a limited receiver crew will be Kap's demise or not but hey he at least has a solid team surrounding him beside the receiving crew.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:50 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    NorCal wrote:The Webzone is something awful. Even most niner fans know that

Yep. Not sure why fans of opposing teams like to go there to build their opinion of us from.

Where should we go? The other popular Niners website won't even let you read unless you are a member and they won't let any Seahawks fans become members.

I have seen nearly every Niner fan that post's here posting on the webzone also, so why do you guys go there if it is so bad. Were you kicked off the good sites?

When there is nothing left here to read I at least get a few laughs reading the Webzone even though I don't bother posting. Mabye my fear factor is not as great as some here because the comments I read over there give me no desire to go correct any of them, I just get a laugh at how dumb so many of them are.

I hear your receiving crew is better now than last year, even without Crabtree. What do you think? HAHA, sorry but that is some pretty funny shit right there. Apparently your 4th round receiver is already surpassing your 1st from last year. Boldin is as good as Crabtree and Reid, Tank and McDonald are already slotted for the probowl.

The homerism over their is beyond anything from any team forum I have ever read so if there is a place you recommend for actual intelligent conversation, please tell us because all I am seeing is a bunch of ridiculous homers everywhere I look.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:20 am
  • RichNhansom wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:
    NorCal wrote:The Webzone is something awful. Even most niner fans know that

Where should we go? The other popular Niners website won't even let you read unless you are a member and they won't let any Seahawks fans become members.

I have seen nearly every Niner fan that post's here posting on the webzone also, so why do you guys go there if it is so bad. Were you kicked off the good sites?

When there is nothing left here to read I at least get a few laughs reading the Webzone even though I don't bother posting. Mabye my fear factor is not as great as some here because the comments I read over there give me no desire to go correct any of them, I just get a laugh at how dumb so many of them are.

I hear your receiving crew is better now than last year, even without Crabtree. What do you think? HAHA, sorry but that is some pretty funny shit right there. Apparently your 4th round receiver is already surpassing your 1st from last year. Boldin is as good as Crabtree and Reid, Tank and McDonald are already slotted for the probowl.

The homerism over their is beyond anything from any team forum I have ever read so if there is a place you recommend for actual intelligent conversation, please tell us because all I am seeing is a bunch of ridiculous homers everywhere I look.

49ers.com

I am aware that u must be registered to read it though. That was done due to the fact that on game days the site would get so bogged down by 100's of "guests" which made it almost impossible to post during the game in the game day threads. If you really are interested in a better class of discussion from fans who have been fans of the team like me since birth (thanks grandma!) then I suggest registering. There are already Seahawk fans registered there so I don't know anything about not allowing them.

There is of course the normal fan rivalry type of posting there, but nothing worse than is posted here by hawk fans. Actually it's heavily moderated over there since it is the official 49er forum connected to the team so the language is very mild compared to what's allowed here.
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:53 am
  • I don't know why either but I tried to register and my request came back saying I was missing something but never gave me a way to fix it and anytime I have tried since it directs me to that bit of missing information.

Just tried again and it says "RichNhansom, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

The website is directing me to that page anytime I try and log in.

Anyway, I doubt the posters are any different. Only experience I have so far with 49.com isn't giving me reason to think any different.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:00 pm
  • I would guess it is the last part, "Awaiting activation".
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:56 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:I would guess it is the last part, "Awaiting activation".

For over a year?
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:57 pm
  • RichNhansom wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:I would guess it is the last part, "Awaiting activation".

For over a year?

It took me over a year to get activated honestly. I finally decided to click on the 'ol "contact us" link and sent a message to the mods. It was activated ricky tick!

Not sure why it goes down like that sometimes. In all fairness it took me over a year to get granted access to this sight as well. I tried to get access here even when Sing was coaching the Niners.
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:51 pm
  • RichNhansom wrote:

For over a year?

How did they know you are a Hawk fan? Your username doesn't refer to them.
    Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:01 am
  • RedAlice wrote:
    RichNhansom wrote:

For over a year?

How did they know you are a Hawk fan? Your username doesn't refer to them.

Yeah I don't know that it is just the way it feels if you know what I mean.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:13 pm
  • 49ers.com doesn't allow you to register using something free like gmail.com or anything. It has to be paid like comcast.net or sbcglobal.net. use something like that and you'll get registered within a couple days
    look@dafilm
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:33 pm
  • look@dafilm wrote:49ers.com doesn't allow you to register using something free like gmail.com or anything. It has to be paid like comcast.net or sbcglobal.net. use something like that and you'll get registered within a couple days

Jesus Christ, how anal is that?
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:47 pm
  • Hey now! Don't talk bad about the Chief's savior for their sad receiving corps. I still have to watch them for 7-8 games.

Also that paid email to apply to 40whiner.com is a screen to never allow non ninner fans in. Weak, very weak. You 49er fans better appreciate the fact we let you in and treat you with respect the vast majority of the time. That doesn't happen at other Seahawk sites.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:22 pm
  • KCHawkGirl wrote:Hey now! Don't talk bad about the Chief's savior for their sad receiving corps. I still have to watch them for 7-8 games.

Also that paid email to apply to 40whiner.com is a screen to never allow non ninner fans in. Weak, very weak. You 49er fans better appreciate the fact we let you in and treat you with respect the vast majority of the time. That doesn't happen at other Seahawk sites.

thank goodness for the.....hospitality? am I supposed to kneel down and praise the almighty seachi.....seahawks? this is the most amazing seahawks board ever, no....nfl board ever. dangeruss = jesus, marshawn = god, and sherman = sherman (no one can compare to him!) just tell the other 31 teams to give it a rest now and pack it in until 2017 because the SB victory is going to to to seattle, book it 19-0 for the next 4 seasons at least!) that about cover it? :thirishdrinkers:

as for your "interpretation" of why that rule exists, you're both wrong. its to prevent unnecessary trolls from creating endless accounts. I would think that would be pretty obvious.
    look@dafilm
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:25 pm
  • you know, You seadderal fans better appreciate the fact I let you in on "the big secret" and treat you with respect so that you all can come over there to have a discussion. That doesn't happen at other 49er sites.
    look@dafilm
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:26 pm
  • Like you....
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:45 pm
  • Well, he's gonna last long walking in here and calling us all Seadderall fans.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:53 pm
  • That was my thought....this should get fun. I did try to reach out. Obviously I must have done something incorrectly? I apologize for not understanding the current protocol.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:38 pm
  • look@dafilm wrote:you know, You seadderal fans better appreciate the fact I let you in on "the big secret" and treat you with respect so that you all can come over there to have a discussion. That doesn't happen at other 49er sites.

I thought "the big secret" for niner fans had something to do with assless chaps.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:56 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Well, he's gonna last long walking in here and calling us all Seadderall fans.

KCHawkGirl wrote:Also that paid email to apply to 40whiner.com is a screen to never allow non ninner fans in.

I play by the rules I am shown
    look@dafilm
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:57 pm
  • rideaducati wrote:
    look@dafilm wrote:you know, You seadderal fans better appreciate the fact I let you in on "the big secret" and treat you with respect so that you all can come over there to have a discussion. That doesn't happen at other 49er sites.

I thought "the big secret" for niner fans had something to do with assless chaps.

another gay reference. both clever and original. assless chaps or not, I'd take san francisco every day over a city as depressing as seattle.
    look@dafilm
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:02 pm
  • There are plenty of gay people in Seattle and Seattle is very liberal and pro equal rights so I find it hilarious they are using gay jokes to bash a football team and its city.
    mretrade
    NET Starter

Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:49 pm
  • look@dafilm wrote:
    rideaducati wrote:
    look@dafilm wrote:you know, You seadderal fans better appreciate the fact I let you in on "the big secret" and treat you with respect so that you all can come over there to have a discussion. That doesn't happen at other 49er sites.

another gay reference. both clever and original. assless chaps or not, I'd take san francisco every day over a city as depressing as seattle.

Which is hilarious given San Francisco generally is colder with the exact same climate and has worse traffic and a higher CoL. Isn't it shocking that I have lived in both cities, metropolitan areas and states on a longterm basis? So actually am saying the unadulterated truth?
    Last edited by MizzouHawkGal on Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:52 pm
  • SF is a toilet. NorCal sucks in general.
    Formerly known as Seahawk425.
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:02 pm
  • look@dafilm wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Well, he's gonna last long walking in here and calling us all Seadderall fans.

KCHawkGirl wrote:Also that paid email to apply to 40whiner.com is a screen to never allow non ninner fans in.

Good for you, I guess if our president was named Adolf and he proposed this awesome reinvisioning of the BSoA/GSoA you would be all in because those are the rules?
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:10 pm
  • mretrade wrote:There are plenty of gay people in Seattle and Seattle is very liberal and pro equal rights so I find it hilarious they are using gay jokes to bash a football team and its city.

You're correct that Seattle is very pro gay rights. The running joke in Western Washington is that Olympia (State Capitol) is lesbian San Francisco. Trust me the cities are virtually identical twins beyond which species of tree that tends to grow there naturally. Personally I believe it's why the rivalry exploded the minute the 49ers became relevant again.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:16 pm
  • KCHawkGirl wrote:Hey now! Don't talk bad about the Chief's savior for their sad receiving corps. I still have to watch them for 7-8 games.

:3-1: Heh, the .Net boards were the most difficult to get onto and I'm on a majority of the fan boards, but I post mostly on three of them. I waited a year also to get here, and Laofotatupu pulled some strings and after a year, I'm finally here. :mrgreen:

I appreciate another perspective on all the teams, helps me learn a lot about rivals. I always respect the bias of each board and their particular culture.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:38 pm
  • Giedi wrote:
    KCHawkGirl wrote:Hey now! Don't talk bad about the Chief's savior for their sad receiving corps. I still have to watch them for 7-8 games.

:3-1: Heh, the .Net boards were the most difficult to get onto and I'm on a majority of the fan boards, but I post mostly on three of them. I waited a year also to get here, and Laofotatupu pulled some strings and after a year, I'm finally here. :mrgreen:

I appreciate another perspective on all the teams, helps me learn a lot about rivals. I always respect the bias of each board and their particular culture.

I used to have an account here around 2006, same name pretty much but lost internet access until 2010-11. Completely forgot/or the email I registered under went dead. So I resigned up. It took 6 months even for me. I used that softball pitcher Jenny as an avatar because I am a huge baseball fan also, on my old account.:)

My issue isn't the wait it's the exclusivity. That is bad policy. Don't like me? Then ban me on merit. Just like you would be if you got stupid here.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:47 pm
  • KCHawkGirl wrote:Which is hilarious given San Francisco generally is colder with the exact same climate and has worse traffic and a higher CoL. Isn't it shocking that I have lived in both cities, metropolitan areas and states on a longterm basis? So actually am saying the unadulterated truth?

san francisco has rain like a british soccer pitch year around too? weird. I give you the traffic thing though. although, I think its obvious why: people actually WANT to go to SF :3-1:
    look@dafilm
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:49 pm
  • KCHawkGirl wrote:
    look@dafilm wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Well, he's gonna last long walking in here and calling us all Seadderall fans.

Good for you, I guess if our president was named Adolf and he proposed this awesome reinvisioning of the BSoA/GSoA you would be all in because those are the rules?

I don't even know how to respond to this its so nonsensical. you attack 49ers fans for no reason, I use similar verbiage and now I'm a nazi following hilters orders? :34853_doh: wallkaway.....
    look@dafilm
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:53 pm
  • CodeWarrior wrote:SF is a toilet. NorCal sucks in general.

ahahahahah. norcal "sucks" now does it? Its probably on the list of top 5 best areas to live in this country. you can do anything you want in northern california. amazing diversity of people, great weather, great company, great women. its far better than southern california, which on its own is still better than a majority of places to live in the US.

and you wonder why 49er fans think seattle has an inferiority complex? you can't even admit our location is desirable :0190l: , let alone our awesome team and top 3 HC (1. harbaugh 2. harbaugh 3. billly bill)
    look@dafilm
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:25 am
  • look@dafilm wrote:
    CodeWarrior wrote:SF is a toilet. NorCal sucks in general.

ahahahahah. norcal "sucks" now does it? Its probably on the list of top 5 best areas to live in this country. you can do anything you want in northern california. amazing diversity of people, great weather, great company, great women. its far better than southern california, which on its own is still better than a majority of places to live in the US.

and you wonder why 49er fans think seattle has an inferiority complex? you can't even admit our location is desirable :0190l: , let alone our awesome team and top 3 HC (1. harbaugh 2. harbaugh 3. billly bill)

I've lived in both NorCal, SoCal, and Seattle. SoCal and Seattle are great. NorCal is nice if you enjoy hipsters and the constant aroma of stale bum piss. NorCal is a cesspool. Plus, all your women are the true "49ers," as in 4s that think they're 9s.
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:35 am
  • CodeWarrior wrote:
    look@dafilm wrote:
    CodeWarrior wrote:SF is a toilet. NorCal sucks in general.

I've lived in both NorCal, SoCal, and Seattle. SoCal and Seattle are great. NorCal is nice if you enjoy hipsters and the constant aroma of stale bum piss. NorCal is a cesspool. Plus, all your women are the true "49ers," as in 4s that think they're 9s.

Wow. Gratz on dumbest post of the day. :D

If you've lived in NorCal, sounds like you either never LIVED in the Bay Area or never got out of the City. Some of the best weather on earth, 45 minutes from the beach (Santa Cruz, Monterey), 3 hours from the snow (Tahoe), and 1.5 hours from Wine Country (Napa).

Won't say anything about Seattle as I've never been there, but SoCal? Not so bad if you like the smog.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:46 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:Wow. Gratz on dumbest post of the day. :D

If you've lived in NorCal, sounds like you either never LIVED in the Bay Area or never got out of the City. Some of the best weather on earth, 45 minutes from the beach (Santa Cruz, Monterey), 3 hours from the snow (Tahoe), and 1.5 hours from Wine Country (Napa).

Won't say anything about Seattle as I've never been there, but SoCal? Not so bad if you like the smog.

Hey thanks! Lived in both Marin and Russian Hill. Both awful. Can't decide which is better... kind of like arguing over which pile of shit stinks the least.
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:50 am
  • CodeWarrior wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:Wow. Gratz on dumbest post of the day. :D

Hey thanks! Lived in both Marin and Russian Hill. Both awful. Can't decide which is better... kind of like arguing over which pile of shit stinks the least.

So...lived in the North Bay and IN SF.

No wonder you didn't like it.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:54 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    CodeWarrior wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:Wow. Gratz on dumbest post of the day. :D

Haha I'm just screwin' with ya. SF is fine. Faces the same problems other major metropolitan, liberal cities face (Seattle...). SF even has a good football team, believe it or not! I'll admit it.

Of course I hope they lose every game from now to eternity, but that's rivalry. Your coach is a douche but good at what he does.
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:02 am
  • CodeWarrior wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    CodeWarrior wrote:

Haha I'm just screwin' with ya. SF is fine. Faces the same problems other major metropolitan, liberal cities face (Seattle...). SF even has a good football team, believe it or not! I'll admit it.

Of course I hope they lose every game from now to eternity, but that's rivalry. Your coach is a douche but good at what he does.

LOL.

To be honest, I can't stand the city itself. I like to go there once a year and drive right back. Can't stand the congestion or the snobs who think San Jose is the "boonies". LOL.

The Bay Area tho...love it. Can't imagine living anywhere else. Everytime I go to Florida (relatives) in the summer I'm reminded how much better the Bay Area is. The humidity back there is just nuts.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:10 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:Who cares really?

Kaepernick is a superior type of athlete (freakish really), and wins games. What else matters?

Tebow won games with Denver also
    If .NET did not exist I would get so much more work done during the day!
    HawkinNY
    NET Starter

Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:25 pm
  • HawkinNY wrote:Tebow won games with Denver also

Yeah, but an elite defense carried Tebow.

Hey, wait...I see what you did, there; San Francisco also has an elite defense. Hmm...

;)
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:42 pm
  • HawkinNY wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:Who cares really?

Kaepernick is a superior type of athlete (freakish really), and wins games. What else matters?

Tebow won games with Denver also

Right...

Tim Tebow in 2010:

46.6 Comp%, 1729 yards, 6.38 per attempt, 12 TDs, 6 INTs, 29.9 QBR, 72.9 QB Rating

Colin Kaepernick in 2012:

62.4 Comp%, 1814 yards, 8.32 per attempt, 10TDs, 3 INts, 76.8 QBR, 98.3 QB rating.

Yeah. That's the same. :roll:
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:43 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    HawkinNY wrote:Tebow won games with Denver also

Yeah, but an elite defense carried Tebow.

Hey, wait...I see what you did, there; San Francisco also has an elite defense. Hmm...

;)

So does Wilson. Just sayin'. :D
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:42 pm
  • That's the problem with rating quarterbacks. They need others to actually perform to fulfill their job so they either get all the credit or none. An elite quarterback with no defense ends up like Dan Fouts or Dan Marino putting up insane numbers but usually leading average teams because every game is 38-35 ping pong match.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:46 pm
  • I hope NFL defenses think Kap is a "one read qb", I really do. :D
    DonnieDarko
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:50 pm
  • CK is going to have to spread the ball around more and I assume he will. He will get a lot of chances to show he isn't a 1 read guy, but honestly, there are only a few teams built defensively to slow CKs run threat down, fortunately two of them are in the NFCW, because that guy KILLS defenses that are unbalanced.

Even if he was a one read guy, as long as teams like GB, NO and ATL keep playing candy ass defense he will eat them alive. Those are supposed to be the elite teams and they cant handle a guy like CK. They can't handle Wilson either, GB was actually lucky they had the Hawks in week 3 instead of week 13.

SF and SEA are each other's kryptonite, but only a couple teams can play defense like that. Going to be a fun year.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:17 pm
  • DonnieDarko wrote:I hope NFL defenses think Kap is a "one read qb", I really do. :D

They don't think it, they know it because it is fact! You'll see this season! He'll beat the bad defenses and struggle against the good to great ones! Book it!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:51 pm
  • DonnieDarko wrote:I hope NFL defenses think Kap is a "one read qb", I really do. :D

They do...because he is.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:52 pm
  • Ducati, I hope you're right about him, but if you're not then you're going to have a lot of shoe leather to chew on. Just a thought. :)
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

PreviousNext

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:15 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information