For Ninerbuff... You're just wrong.

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Re: For Ninerbuff... You're just wrong.
Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:32 am
  • pehawk wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    pehawk wrote:This is great. We haven't had a Kaep thread in awhile.

Hey man...I don't start em'. ;-)

Oh, I know sweetie.

For whatever reason there's ALOT of Seahawks fans obsessed with convincing themselves and others Wilson's better than Kaep. I dont understand it, really. For the 1st time ever in OUR franchise's history, we have an elite, top 5, inevitable champion, type QB. Personally, that evokes an opposite response in me, I'm very quiet. I have zero need to convince anyone or myself how great Wilson is. I no longer fret over other teams FA pickups or transactions, because, well, we have Wilson.

Before Wilson, I could spin logical yarns ending with the Seahawks holding a Lombardi. Any year, any QB, any coach, I've done it my entire life. I just dont need to do that anymore...it's very odd and refreshing.

I actually agree with you.

If people really thought Kaep was as bad as they say they wouldn't even bother posting about him. I think its attempting to find an argument to make them feel better becaue their worst nightmare would be SF getting a young QB as good as thiers.

I don't need to do that. I actually really like Wilson. I just think its funny how many argument I read on this site that seem to be nothing more than wedge issue arguments with no other intent than to show a difference so their guy can be "better".
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:33 am
  • pehawk wrote:Some of it is us fans having a QB like Wilson for the first time ever. We dont know how to react.

At least, thats a IMO.

This makes sense, and is understandable.
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:44 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    pehawk wrote:Some of it is us fans having a QB like Wilson for the first time ever. We dont know how to react.

At least, thats a IMO.

This makes sense, and is understandable.

Agreed.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:48 am
  • Okay, while I do appreciate you two agreeing with me, I still dislike your contributions to the board. I wish you talked NFL, not just 49er and Kaep, it's annoying.

I feel better now.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:50 am
  • Ryan....why are you making friends with those guys? What's going on here?!

I feel dirty....
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:51 am
  • Pehawk's doing his best Benedict Arnold impression.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:52 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Ryan....why are you making friends with those guys? What's going on here?!

I feel dirty....

I swear, I didn't do anything. This is just one of those mix-ups, that looks worse than it actually is. The kind you'd find in any Romcom or Friends episode. Please, dont leave!?
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:29 am
  • pehawk wrote:Okay, while I do appreciate you two agreeing with me, I still dislike your contributions to the board. I wish you talked NFL, not just 49er and Kaep, it's annoying.

I feel better now.

LOL!
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:30 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Ryan....why are you making friends with those guys? What's going on here?!

I feel dirty....

Sorry guys...ok...lemme help fix it.....

Wilson sucks!!!

Go nuts. :D
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:49 am
  • pehawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:Ryan....why are you making friends with those guys? What's going on here?!

I feel dirty....

I swear, I didn't do anything. This is just one of those mix-ups, that looks worse than it actually is. The kind you'd find in any Romcom or Friends episode. Please, dont leave!?

I'll be at my mom's the next few nights. I don't know what to think anymore.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:55 am
  • Okay, so I just spoke to Kobe Bryant and he says in these situations to buy you a big ring? That's got to work, right? I mean, that got Kobe out of trouble, and unlike Kobe there isn't a blonde in Denver with internal bleeding as evidence. So, it SHOULD work.

Scratch that, Marvin has lower digestive bleeding, but I didn't do it.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:41 am
  • pehawk wrote:Okay, while I do appreciate you two agreeing with me, I still dislike your contributions to the board. I wish you talked NFL, not just 49er and Kaep, it's annoying.

I feel better now.

LOL

I talk about the rest of the NFL on 49ers.com and come here to talk about the futures about our two teams seeing that we have such a heated rivalry now. It's interesting to get the other sides perspective some times.
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:22 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    pehawk wrote:Okay, while I do appreciate you two agreeing with me, I still dislike your contributions to the board. I wish you talked NFL, not just 49er and Kaep, it's annoying.

I feel better now.

LOL

I talk about the rest of the NFL on 49ers.com and come here to talk about the futures about our two teams seeing that we have such a heated rivalry now. It's interesting to get the other sides perspective some times.

What perspective? Our teams are contending rivals, you know the perspectives before logging in.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:47 pm
  • rideaducati,

Thanks for the response. Most of your points are accurate, but slanted towards diminishing Kaep (which is understandable considering he's now your biggest obstacle to making a deep playoff run).

And yes, Kaep was raw last season. He made a few silly mistakes and didn't have the full playbook when he started after Alex's injury. But he passed every hurdle and performed much better than almost anyone would have hoped. And really, if he'd completed one of the passes from 5yds out in SB, this would be a totally different discussion. He improved throughout the season and had 3 really good playoff starts.

He's legit and it will only be a matter of time before you agree.
    NinerBuff
    NET Rookie

Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:49 pm
  • NinerBuff wrote:rideaducati,

Thanks for the response. Most of your points are accurate, but slanted towards diminishing Kaep (which is understandable considering he's now your biggest obstacle to making a deep playoff run).

And yes, Kaep was raw last season. He made a few silly mistakes and didn't have the full playbook when he started after Alex's injury. But he passed every hurdle and performed much better than almost anyone would have hoped. And really, if he'd completed one of the passes from 5yds out in SB, this would be a totally different discussion. He improved throughout the season and had 3 really good playoff starts.

I agree that you and Marvin continuously PM'ing me asking for pictures of my bulge is making me really uncomfortable...
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:51 pm
  • If Kaepernick didn't have the full playbook after riding the pine for a year-and-a-half, does that mean we can excuse away any mistakes Wilson makes for the first 8 games of this coming season, too?
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:00 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:If Kaepernick didn't have the full playbook after riding the pine for a year-and-a-half, does that mean we can excuse away any mistakes Wilson makes for the first 8 games of this coming season, too?

Yes.. which is why he improved after the first 8 games.

Kaep starting coming in for specific pistol formations, then Alex Smith got injured and they started with some easier routes and running plays. And as he improved, they added more to his plate. It's opinion, but I think Kaep 'had the full playbook', but the coaching staff kept it more simple for his first few games.
    NinerBuff
    NET Rookie

Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:13 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:If Kaepernick didn't have the full playbook after riding the pine for a year-and-a-half, does that mean we can excuse away any mistakes Wilson makes for the first 8 games of this coming season, too?

What do you mean "can we excuse away the first 8 games?". LOL. You guys already do.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:14 pm
  • CANHawk wrote:
    NinerBuff wrote:rideaducati,

I agree that you and Marvin continuously PM'ing me asking for pictures of my bulge is making me really uncomfortable...

Cool. Its working.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:18 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    CANHawk wrote:
    NinerBuff wrote:rideaducati,

Cool. Its working.

:stirthepot:
    NinerBuff
    NET Rookie

Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:27 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:If Kaepernick didn't have the full playbook after riding the pine for a year-and-a-half, does that mean we can excuse away any mistakes Wilson makes for the first 8 games of this coming season, too?

What do you mean "can we excuse away the first 8 games?". LOL. You guys already do.

Who's this "you guys"? Even with the first 8 games he was better than Keap if you erase that he isn't even in the same zipcode.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:28 pm
  • Nice to see Seahawks fans make topics which quickly turn into a SF 49er fan dating site. Glad to see you two hooking up.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:43 pm
  • NinerBuff wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:If Kaepernick didn't have the full playbook after riding the pine for a year-and-a-half, does that mean we can excuse away any mistakes Wilson makes for the first 8 games of this coming season, too?

Yes.. which is why he improved after the first 8 games.

Kaep starting coming in for specific pistol formations, then Alex Smith got injured and they started with some easier routes and running plays. And as he improved, they added more to his plate. It's opinion, but I think Kaep 'had the full playbook', but the coaching staff kept it more simple for his first few games.

I thought this was obvious to everyone? Pretty standard practice actually. And its the fact that he exploded and made the Bears "Elite" defense look like childs play in his first start and the Saints look like a sandlot game in his second, is why there is so much confidence towards him being one of the greatest QB's in our generation and all the analysts are riding his nuts. If he could do that with a limited amount of plays then imagine what else he can do. He didn't need 8 weeks to look great.

It has already been reported a while ago that he has worked hard on his dificiencies during the off season. Shouldn't be surprising at all when he comes out and shocks the league AGAIN and makes last year look like a rookie season in comparison. Just as I am sure RW will do the same.
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:18 pm
  • KCHawkGirl wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

Who's this "you guys"? Even with the first 8 games he was better than Keap if you erase that he isn't even in the same zipcode.

RW (first 8 games):

129 comp. 210 att (61.4%), 1466 yds (6.98 yds/att), 10 TDs (0.048 TDs/att), 9 INT (0.043 INT/att), 128 yds rushing (3.6 yd/carry), 0 TDs

4-4

CK (first 8 games started including at home vs. St. Louis):

131 comp. 209 att (62.7%), 1725 yds (8.25 yds/att), 10 TDs (0.048 TDs/att), 3 INT (0.014 INT/att), 304 yds rushing (6.1 yds/carry), 3 TDs

5-2-1

RW (full season + playoffs):

291 comp. 455 att (64.0%), 3645 yds (8.01 yds/att), 29 TDs (0.064 TDs/att), 11 INT (0.024 INT/att), 616 yds rushing (5.7 yds/carry), 5 TDs

12-6 (1-1 in playoffs)

CK (full season + playoffs):

185 comp. 298 att (62.1%), 2612 yds (8.77 yds/att), 14 TDs (0.047 TDs/att), 5 INT (0.017 INT/att), 679 yds rushing (7.7 yds/carry), 8 TDs

7-3-1 (2-1 in playoffs)

Overall, I see very similar stats for the first 8 games. Kaep has a higher yds/attempt and Wilson has a higher TD/attempt. Wilson had a higher INT ratio for the first 8 games, but after the full season, both guys had good INT ratio numbers. Kaep has a better yds/carry number.

Looks pretty similar to me...
    NinerBuff
    NET Rookie

Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:34 pm
  • heyu123 wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:Alex Smith was the master of the 12 play, 56 yard drive that turned into a FG. It wore teams down, kept the defense on the sidelines and scoring low. The switch to Papaki created a bunch of short drives, some 3 and outs and put the defense in a much tougher role. This is part of the reason the Niner defense started showing holes and gave up both passing and running yards.

The cost was absorbed because the Niner offense could score quickly and it carried them to the Super Bowl, but it also allowed for more turnovers to happen at bad times and made it tough on a defense that didn't rotate players much.

Since when is scoring touchdowns quickly not preferable to long field goal drives?

Leave it to a Niner fan to read a negative out of a positive. My point was that it changes the situation for the defense along with giving a team like the Hawks more opportunities to score themselves. The Smith Niners limited the opponents to less TOP.

I have said it before, the Niners feast on the teams that are not fully balanced. A team that does everything with some level of success is far more dangerous to the Niners than a team that is only strong at one aspect of their offense and not physical defensively.

The Rams were not a juggernaut, but they could run with some success, pass with limited success and were physical on defense.

All the teams that beat the Niners fit the mold of the balanced team. NYG, Seattle, STL, Baltimore all have physical defenses and can move the ball in the air and on the ground. Minnesota had a great game from that jackwagon Ponder, so they prevailed.

Kaeperstank didn't lose to NYG or Manny, but the Niners as a whole lost to that style of team, with Kaeperstank amplifying the issue by giving those teams chances they might not have had if they stuck with ground and pound.

Anyone think SF is going to open their first series in Week 2 with 3 straight pass plays again? I highly doubt it.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:45 pm
  • I know that there will be those that say balance makes every team a winner, but Kaepernick beat those teams that are considered dangerous that aren't balanced, all of them. NOLA, ATL, NE and GB, even Chicago.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:22 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:

You better not shy away from here after our week two match-up. I want to see tears, admissions of superiority, the full works after we beat you. Later that night, too. None of this drinking away your sorrow for two days straight then coming here and saying three words and considering the matter done stuff.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:10 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

You better not shy away from here after our week two match-up. I want to see tears, admissions of superiority, the full works after we beat you. Later that night, too. None of this drinking away your sorrow for two days straight then coming here and saying three words and considering the matter done stuff.

I'll be here. No worries. Win or lose....I'll either congratulate on the win or be humble in victory.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:00 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:

I'll be here. No worries. Win or lose....I'll either congratulate on the win or be humble in victory.

More than likely SEA will win its home game and we'll win our home game. It'll be a shock if any other outcome happens.
    NinerBuff
    NET Rookie

Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:45 am
  • NinerBuff wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:

More than likely SEA will win its home game and we'll win our home game. It'll be a shock if any other outcome happens.

Very possible.

Hell...Niners may open up 0-2 with GB and Sea on the schedule and this forum would go completely apesh*t. LOL.

Its a LONG season tho.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:35 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:

I think what he's saying is, Kap was in the system for a year and a half, then was thrust into the starting role after 8 games in his second season...

so any mistakes wilson makes in his next 8 starts should be able to be excused away like kap's... seeing how it apparently took Kap a year and a half to learn the entire playbook.

I think that's what he's getting at.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:28 am
  • hawker84 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

I think what he's saying is, Kap was in the system for a year and a half, then was thrust into the starting role after 8 games in his second season...

so any mistakes wilson makes in his next 8 starts should be able to be excused away like kap's... seeing how it apparently took Kap a year and a half to learn the entire playbook.

I think that's what he's getting at.

I got it the first time...just sayin that it seems most people here ALREADY throw away the first 8 games. It's not as if that's something new. Saying tho that you can excuse away mistakes until halfway through next year...that's bogus. There is nothing like starting in the NFL. Sitting on the bench doesn't teach you the speed of the game. In some ways there will never be a direct comparison because they had a different experience.

As far as Kaeps first 8...we have to remember that he also came into this MUCH more raw than Wilson did. Wilson played in a Pro Style offense in college. Second, Kaep had the lockout in his rookie year so he didn't even get to start working with coaches until the season was almost on top of them. He got that full offseason in year 2 and looked good enough that they started creating packages for him long before he took over as the starter.

Even if none of that was the case tho....Kaeps first 8 starts (10 starts actually) are pretty damned impressive. Thats right about at the point when Wilson started turning a corner and moved into the stratosphere last year. Is is so ludicrous to think that Kaep's performance would have steadily improved as well? Hell, his first 300 yard game was in the Super Bowl. He had issues finding Vernon Davis all year, but improved in that respect dramatically in the playoffs. He was getting better and better with every game.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:44 am
  • Carroll publicly stated he had our offensive coordinator on a leash with a run-heavy, very limited playbook. He even lamented late in the year that it was a mistake to not unleash Wilson sooner. Different situation from Kaepernick. Also, the lockout didn't limit Kaep's reps as much as the 3-way competition for QB1 did for Wilson in his rookie year. Remember, Wilson was competing against two other QBs and splitting reps with them all throughout mini-camps, OTAs, and training camp. He wasn't named the starter until midweek after the 3rd preseason game.

I don't think this particular aspect of the conversation is going anywhere, let's move on. :)
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:49 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Carroll publicly stated he had our offensive coordinator on a leash with a run-heavy, very limited playbook. He even lamented late in the year that it was a mistake to not unleash Wilson sooner. Different situation from Kaepernick. Also, the lockout didn't limit Kaep's reps as much as the 3-way competition for QB1 did for Wilson in his rookie year. Remember, Wilson was competing against two other QBs and splitting reps with them all throughout mini-camps, OTAs, and training camp. He wasn't named the starter until midweek after the 3rd preseason game.

I don't think this particular aspect of the conversation is going anywhere, let's move on. :)

Just one note to add and then we can move on....

I agree with one aspect there....the situations are very different. Kaep was also competing with Alex who was an entrenched starter...so never got the reps through an offseason as a starter either.

Too much of a difference in the situations to make a definitive statement on whom had an advantage over whom when it comes to the first 8 starts.
    Last edited by Marvin49 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:50 am
  • I agree with your last sentence there, and have said as much elsewhere on this forum earlier in this offseason.

2013 will tell us a lot about both QBs, as well as Luck and RG3.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:52 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:I agree with your last sentence there, and have said as much elsewhere on this forum earlier in this offseason.

2013 will tell us a lot about both QBs, as well as Luck and RG3.

Agreed.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:38 pm
  • I think Wilson and Kaep are very different QBs even though their numbers look pretty similar so far.

I think Kaep and Newton would be better comparison and obviously Kaep seems to be a better QB so far.
    Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution!"

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12
    SeahawksFanForever
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:28 pm
  • Why did they resign Smith? Was it they weren't comfortable with Papaki's leadership? Did they not believe he was as good as you seem to think? Did they not see the work ethic? Wilson had to split reps with the previous year starter and the guy that just signed the new big contract and still emerged as the entrenched starter. Reportedly that had much to do with his leadership qualities and his work ethic.

And stop with the 5 yards short of winning the super bowl. If the red zone was a strength for him then that has merit but that your coach went away from his running game that played the biggest hand in getting you to the super bowl as well as getting you back in that game and went to a guy who struggles in the exact situation you were in, says to me you didn't deserve to win that game.

Even your own fans are pissed that he decided to go to Kaep instead of the running game. That in itself says they don't believe Kaep is as clutch or as great as you think.

Lets not even bring up the blackout that completely changed the complexion of that game. If not for the blackout that game is a blowout.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:20 pm
  • The only thing about Kaep which someone alerted me to in this thread when they mentioned "he only throws to his first read because his first read is always open", Kaepernick only played two top 10 defenses last year, he absolutely nailed the Bears in his first start, but there is the question of how much of that was down to the element of surprise. He got absolutely nailed in his second test against us.

Wilson played 4 top 10 defenses (5 if you count the 49ers twice) and beat all 4 teams.

Incidentally, we have a bit of a reprieve this season as we only face 2 teams all year that finished in the top 10 in defense - SF and Houston. SF have the same luxury, albeit they face a tougher defense in us than we do in them :)
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:48 am
  • NinerBuff wrote:
    RW (first 8 games):

129 comp. 210 att (61.4%), 1466 yds (6.98 yds/att), 10 TDs (0.048 TDs/att), 9 INT (0.043 INT/att), 128 yds rushing (3.6 yd/carry), 0 TDs

4-4

CK (first 8 games started including at home vs. St. Louis):

131 comp. 209 att (62.7%), 1725 yds (8.25 yds/att), 10 TDs (0.048 TDs/att), 3 INT (0.014 INT/att), 304 yds rushing (6.1 yds/carry), 3 TDs

5-2-1

RW (full season + playoffs):

291 comp. 455 att (64.0%), 3645 yds (8.01 yds/att), 29 TDs (0.064 TDs/att), 11 INT (0.024 INT/att), 616 yds rushing (5.7 yds/carry), 5 TDs

12-6 (1-1 in playoffs)

CK (full season + playoffs):

185 comp. 298 att (62.1%), 2612 yds (8.77 yds/att), 14 TDs (0.047 TDs/att), 5 INT (0.017 INT/att), 679 yds rushing (7.7 yds/carry), 8 TDs

7-3-1 (2-1 in playoffs)

Overall, I see very similar stats for the first 8 games. Kaep has a higher yds/attempt and Wilson has a higher TD/attempt. Wilson had a higher INT ratio for the first 8 games, but after the full season, both guys had good INT ratio numbers. Kaep has a better yds/carry number.

Looks pretty similar to me...

So impressed watching you talking about how you just enjoy "talking to the opposition" then running back to WZ to puff your chest about the shit you post here.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/1 ... ad/page139

:49ersmall: :rocket:
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:00 am
  • Every time someone posts a 49ers Web Zone link and I make the mistake of clicking it, it reminds me of why I stopped browsing that forum. There are an incredible number of ignorant posters there. Way more than any other team forum I have ever seen, anywhere.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:34 am
  • The Webzone is something awful. Even most niner fans know that
    NorCal
    NET Rookie

Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:45 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:Kaepernick is a good, exciting QB. If he were a Seahawk we'd be giving him the same love and respect we give Wilson.

The same? Absolutely not. I agree, we would be stoked on him. But for a combination of qualities that Kaepernick doesn't possess, Wilson is already a folk hero to the fans in Seattle.
    cacksman
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:00 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Every time someone posts a 49ers Web Zone link and I make the mistake of clicking it, it reminds me of why I stopped browsing that forum. There are an incredible number of ignorant posters there. Way more than any other team forum I have ever seen, anywhere.

It always makes me laugh when people say the people on the "other" forums are just ignorant or stupid.

Those homeristic posters exist on ALL team boards.

I'm guilty of it as well so not standing on a soapbox here...just saying they are everywhere. The only difference is that you give the ones here more slack because they are 'hawk fans and most often agree with you.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:22 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Every time someone posts a 49ers Web Zone link and I make the mistake of clicking it, it reminds me of why I stopped browsing that forum. There are an incredible number of ignorant posters there. Way more than any other team forum I have ever seen, anywhere.

It always makes me laugh when people say the people on the "other" forums are just ignorant or stupid.

I'm guilty of it as well so not standing on a soapbox here...just saying they are everywhere. The only difference is that you give the ones here more slack because they are 'hawk fans and most often agree with you.

I don't see .NET folks post on WZ and/or other boards, then come over here patting themselves on the back for what they think they just pulled off. I'm equally lacking in knowledge on both boards, but at least I am myself and don't misrepresent my intentions ;)
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:23 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Every time someone posts a 49ers Web Zone link and I make the mistake of clicking it, it reminds me of why I stopped browsing that forum. There are an incredible number of ignorant posters there. Way more than any other team forum I have ever seen, anywhere.

The most ridiculous fans I've seen are Chiefs fans... Never heard 'go die in an AIDS fire' before that... :D

They weren't too happy about the Alex Smith trade. They're already getting ready for Kaep in 10 years.
    NinerBuff
    NET Rookie

Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:35 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:It always makes me laugh when people say the people on the "other" forums are just ignorant or stupid.

No, I know what you mean and I agree with you, I'm saying the web zone is above and beyond any other on the Internet. Pretending otherwise is a joke.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:36 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:It always makes me laugh when people say the people on the "other" forums are just ignorant or stupid.

No, I know what you mean and I agree with you, I'm saying the web zone is above and beyond any other on the Internet. Pretending otherwise is a joke.

Before I say something I'll regret...I'll just say we'll agree to disagree on that last point.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:39 pm
  • That's fine. Too many things escalate to "war status" that don't need to.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:41 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:That's fine. Too many things escalate to "war status" that don't need to.

other than the 49ers, what fanbase do you detest most? Just wondering...
    NinerBuff
    NET Rookie

Next

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:36 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information