Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: For Ninerbuff... You're just wrong.
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:10 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:12 am
Posts: 219
Location: Albany, NY
NinerLifer wrote:
Who cares really?

Kaepernick is a superior type of athlete (freakish really), and wins games. What else matters?


Tebow won games with Denver also

_________________
One day we will win it all! TOLD YA!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: For Ninerbuff... You're just wrong.
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:25 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22567
Location: Kirkland, WA
HawkinNY wrote:
Tebow won games with Denver also


Yeah, but an elite defense carried Tebow.

Hey, wait...I see what you did, there; San Francisco also has an elite defense. Hmm...

;)

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: For Ninerbuff... You're just wrong.
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:42 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm
Posts: 2012
HawkinNY wrote:
NinerLifer wrote:
Who cares really?

Kaepernick is a superior type of athlete (freakish really), and wins games. What else matters?


Tebow won games with Denver also


Right...

Tim Tebow in 2010:

46.6 Comp%, 1729 yards, 6.38 per attempt, 12 TDs, 6 INTs, 29.9 QBR, 72.9 QB Rating

Colin Kaepernick in 2012:

62.4 Comp%, 1814 yards, 8.32 per attempt, 10TDs, 3 INts, 76.8 QBR, 98.3 QB rating.


Yeah. That's the same. :roll:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: For Ninerbuff... You're just wrong.
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:43 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm
Posts: 2012
RolandDeschain wrote:
HawkinNY wrote:
Tebow won games with Denver also


Yeah, but an elite defense carried Tebow.

Hey, wait...I see what you did, there; San Francisco also has an elite defense. Hmm...

;)


So does Wilson. Just sayin'. :D


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: For Ninerbuff... You're just wrong.
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:42 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
Posts: 5461
Location: Kansas City, MO
That's the problem with rating quarterbacks. They need others to actually perform to fulfill their job so they either get all the credit or none. An elite quarterback with no defense ends up like Dan Fouts or Dan Marino putting up insane numbers but usually leading average teams because every game is 38-35 ping pong match.

_________________
43-8...it's all about that action boss....
next man up.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: For Ninerbuff... You're just wrong.
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:46 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:15 pm
Posts: 21
Location: Cali
I hope NFL defenses think Kap is a "one read qb", I really do. :D


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: For Ninerbuff... You're just wrong.
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:50 pm 
I'M JIMMY!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
Posts: 4294
Location: Auburn, WA
CK is going to have to spread the ball around more and I assume he will. He will get a lot of chances to show he isn't a 1 read guy, but honestly, there are only a few teams built defensively to slow CKs run threat down, fortunately two of them are in the NFCW, because that guy KILLS defenses that are unbalanced.

Even if he was a one read guy, as long as teams like GB, NO and ATL keep playing candy ass defense he will eat them alive. Those are supposed to be the elite teams and they cant handle a guy like CK. They can't handle Wilson either, GB was actually lucky they had the Hawks in week 3 instead of week 13.

SF and SEA are each other's kryptonite, but only a couple teams can play defense like that. Going to be a fun year.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: For Ninerbuff... You're just wrong.
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:17 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9815
DonnieDarko wrote:
I hope NFL defenses think Kap is a "one read qb", I really do. :D

They don't think it, they know it because it is fact! You'll see this season! He'll beat the bad defenses and struggle against the good to great ones! Book it!

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: For Ninerbuff... You're just wrong.
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:51 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:18 pm
Posts: 1438
DonnieDarko wrote:
I hope NFL defenses think Kap is a "one read qb", I really do. :D


They do...because he is.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: For Ninerbuff... You're just wrong.
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:52 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22567
Location: Kirkland, WA
Ducati, I hope you're right about him, but if you're not then you're going to have a lot of shoe leather to chew on. Just a thought. :)

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: For Ninerbuff... You're just wrong.
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:38 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 2:40 pm
Posts: 499
Seattle>SF

But to return to the original thread topic, I have yet to read why Kaep being a 1-read QB (and whoever is arguing this has no evidence to back it up) is going to prevent him from succeeding in the NFL. The 49ers coaching staff knows how to manage an efficient offense. I feel like some posters on this board only look to the @CLINK game to argue that Kaep will regress and that he is limited passing wise.

That is a complete fing joke. The guy single handily beat the Falcons with his arm. He made incredible throws. He initiated a comeback in the Super Bowl. Sure, he looked pedestrian against the Seahawks but the posters who claim he is 1-read only and the equivalent to Cam Newton are setting themselves up to completely destroy their credibility. Can't wait for the season


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: For Ninerbuff... You're just wrong.
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:03 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:18 pm
Posts: 1438
RolandDeschain wrote:
Ducati, I hope you're right about him, but if you're not then you're going to have a lot of shoe leather to chew on. Just a thought. :)


As of now, he is a one read QB. He might be able to get past it eventually, but he has been a one read guy since college and probably high school. It's gonna take a while for him. So far, I have not seen any improvement. He gets to a couple targets every now and then, but never when standing in the pocket. He's usually running when he does find a second target. Even then, he tends to not throw to that target and just runs himself.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: For Ninerbuff... You're just wrong.
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:07 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:18 pm
Posts: 1438
SoHo9erFan wrote:
Seattle>SF

But to return to the original thread topic, I have yet to read why Kaep being a 1-read QB (and whoever is arguing this has no evidence to back it up) is going to prevent him from succeeding in the NFL. The 49ers coaching staff knows how to manage an efficient offense. I feel like some posters on this board only look to the @CLINK game to argue that Kaep will regress and that he is limited passing wise.

That is a complete fing joke. The guy single handily beat the Falcons with his arm. He made incredible throws. He initiated a comeback in the Super Bowl. Sure, he looked pedestrian against the Seahawks but the posters who claim he is 1-read only and the equivalent to Cam Newton are setting themselves up to completely destroy their credibility. Can't wait for the season


Kaep is nowhere close to being as good as Cam. Kaep's closest comparison is Jay Cutler, but I think Jay is better because he has some semblance of touch when needed.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: For Ninerbuff... You're just wrong.
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:15 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:18 pm
Posts: 1438
Kaep being a one read qb is going to hurt him this year because he doesn't have a wr that can get open on a regular basis. Kaep doesn't usually throw the ball until after he sees the wr open except on plays with a 7 step drop...he throws the ball no matter what on those plays.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: For Ninerbuff... You're just wrong.
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:48 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm
Posts: 2012
rideaducati wrote:
Kaep being a one read qb is going to hurt him this year because he doesn't have a wr that can get open on a regular basis. Kaep doesn't usually throw the ball until after he sees the wr open except on plays with a 7 step drop...he throws the ball no matter what on those plays.


Keep telling yourself that.

We'll see.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: For Ninerbuff... You're just wrong.
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:41 pm 
NET Practice Squad
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 6:21 pm
Posts: 90
lol, so many people in here are going to be sadly disappointed, and it won't be those excited to see Kaep if you know what I mean. Kaep by all accounts has looked amazing heading into this season. His connection with Boldin began instantly and is still growing and his relationship with Vernon is fantastic. The two have been hooking up non-stop. This "one-read" garbage is a Seattle-fan myth. The reason you think he is one is because of our talent on offense and the way our passing game works, his first read is usally the right read and the right throw for him to make.

can't wait til week 2 :)

Kaep to vernon!!!........again!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: For Ninerbuff... You're just wrong.
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:37 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:18 pm
Posts: 1438
look@dafilm wrote:
lol, so many people in here are going to be sadly disappointed, and it won't be those excited to see Kaep if you know what I mean. Kaep by all accounts has looked amazing heading into this season. His connection with Boldin began instantly and is still growing and his relationship with Vernon is fantastic. The two have been hooking up non-stop. This "one-read" garbage is a Seattle-fan myth. The reason you think he is one is because of our talent on offense and the way our passing game works, his first read is usally the right read and the right throw for him to make.

can't wait til week 2 :)

Kaep to vernon!!!........again!


WIDE OPEN...Making the catch, OH! WHAT A SHOT! Flag is thrown, in fact three of them... WOW. Kam Chancellor...

I'm sure Kaep looks great in PRACTICE going up against that niner secondary while the D-line can't touch him.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: For Ninerbuff... You're just wrong.
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:56 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm
Posts: 2012
rideaducati wrote:
look@dafilm wrote:
lol, so many people in here are going to be sadly disappointed, and it won't be those excited to see Kaep if you know what I mean. Kaep by all accounts has looked amazing heading into this season. His connection with Boldin began instantly and is still growing and his relationship with Vernon is fantastic. The two have been hooking up non-stop. This "one-read" garbage is a Seattle-fan myth. The reason you think he is one is because of our talent on offense and the way our passing game works, his first read is usally the right read and the right throw for him to make.

can't wait til week 2 :)

Kaep to vernon!!!........again!


WIDE OPEN...Making the catch, OH! WHAT A SHOT! Flag is thrown, in fact three of them... WOW. Kam Chancellor...

I'm sure Kaep looks great in PRACTICE going up against that niner secondary while the D-line can't touch him.


Actually he looked good in the NFC Divisional Round, the NFC Championship Game and in the Super Bowl.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: For Ninerbuff... You're just wrong.
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:36 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22567
Location: Kirkland, WA
Eh, he didn't look good in the NFCCG, IMO. 1 TD and 233 yards against a bad secondary?... You have a pretty low standard for defining "good", if you think that fits the bill.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: For Ninerbuff... You're just wrong.
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:41 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 9135
Location: Renton Wa.
Kaep is going to be depressed with post pardem symtoms, Lockette got cut today so he won't have his boy toy to tell him how wonderful he is.

Quote:
His connection with Boldin began instantly and is still growing and his relationship with Vernon is fantastic. The two have been hooking up non-stop.


I wonder how Harbaugh will take this, conserving energy before games typically is what a lot of player do. Guys hooking up non stop could lead to chronic fatigue and play right into the oppositions hands, Maybe Kaep is trying to find a replacement since Lockette is now gone.

_________________
Image

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: For Ninerbuff... You're just wrong.
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:44 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm
Posts: 2012
RolandDeschain wrote:
Eh, he didn't look good in the NFCCG, IMO. 1 TD and 233 yards against a bad secondary?... You have a pretty low standard for defining "good", if you think that fits the bill.


Right....because 16-21 (76.2 comp%), 11.1 Average PER ATTEMPT, a 92.6 QBR and a 127.7 QB Rating (a rating higher than 15 of Russell Wilsons 18 starts last year) is a "pretty low standard for defining good". Oh, and BTW...THEY WON THE GAME after being 17 pts down.

SMDH.

Just STOP. LOL.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Lawke, Onyx, Yahoo [Bot] and 15 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.