Boldin Being A Distraction?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Boldin Being A Distraction?
Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:33 am
  • Sounds Like Mr. Boldin isn't making to many friend over in the SF camp... Wow this guy actually sounds like a first class tool... Man i hope there's some truth to this, as much as the whiners want to believe sherman is a locker room distraction, never heard Sherm doing any of this..?

Is this a real site or just a Goof kind of site? I've never heard of it. Gotta be fake, but still funny..

http://profootballmock.com/ex-raven-anq ... ring-otas/
    Last edited by hawker84 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Re: Boldin Being A Distraction?
Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:36 am
  • Dude that isn't real.

Lol.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:36 am
  • That site is satire. You got catfished.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:39 am
  • What are you guys talking about? I met someone off that site, he's on his way over, he looks hot.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:41 am
  • pehawk wrote:What are you guys talking about? I met someone off that site, he's on his way over, he looks hot.

He is going to cancel at the last minute. Death in the family.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:43 am
  • Too bad still funny.. especially the part about Boldin cutting in line in the cafeteria
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:06 am
  • The distraction will be Boldin being the sole WR on their roster this year. Its getting 2008 Seahawks-esque down there, but, Kaep's not a good of a thrower as Seneca was.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:13 am
  • Niners tried out Austin Collie this week. Austin gets concussed if a candle gets blown out near him. The Niners have talked a lot about guys stepping up, but they are quietly desperate right now, and if Boldin gets hurt, they are going to have to use some of that 2014 draft capital just to field receivers this year.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:16 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:Niners tried out Austin Collie this week. Austin gets concussed if a candle gets blown out near him. The Niners have talked a lot about guys stepping up, but they are quietly desperate right now, and if Boldin gets hurt, they are going to have to use some of that 2014 draft capital just to field receivers this year.

I'm with ya. They can probably do just enough to stay afloat...if Lockette isn't a minus on the field. You cant have Boldin without speed out there with him; it just wont work. ESPECIALLY in the NFC West...Cards, Rams and Hawks will just flip their middle-finger and play man.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:03 am
  • Didn't the 49ers sign another receiver to replace Crabtree recently that blew his ACL as well ?
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:17 am
  • Happypuppy wrote:Didn't the 49ers sign another receiver to replace Crabtree recently that blew his ACL as well ?

Yeah, dude from the Raiders. With that line and Harbaugh's brilliance devising a run game, their pass attack will always be secondary. But, they still need Lockette to be competent, or find someone else with blazing speed.

Yes, I really think they're relying on Lockette a bit.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:45 am
  • That is the site that does the NFL QB Facebook conversation the past 2 yrs. I hope you didn't post this over on the rival 9ers fan board, at least not seriously thinking you had something on them.

According to Maiocco, the 9ers closed out mini-camp with Kap putting on a clinic with his WRs. I think some are hoping for things that may not be as dire as one might think.

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 16h
    Minicamp ends with a Colin Kaepernick flourish, as he ripped defense to shreds on passes to Moore, McDonald, Osgood, Jenkins and Lockette.

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 15h
    Final 49ers minicamp report: Kaepernick and his pass targets finished in style.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/49ers-minicamp-day-3-kaepernick-ends-flourish

Padded practice and training camp will complete the picture.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:08 am
  • I don't think the Niners are going to have much trouble completing passes with Boldin as their one, after all, CK zeroed in on Crabtree most of the time anyways.

Boldin should be able to fill that role well. In any case, they still have VD as an option and can work in the new guys like they did with Manningham and Moss. Mario should be back in time also. If there are injuries there, trouble could find its way to SF. The other thing is that in 2011, SF threw the ball with little frequency and managed to win 13 games. Boldin was an excellent pickup for them and now it appears to have been a crucial pickup. He has serious toughness and a good head on his shoulders.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:28 am
  • pehawk wrote:
    Happypuppy wrote:Didn't the 49ers sign another receiver to replace Crabtree recently that blew his ACL as well ?

Yeah, dude from the Raiders. With that line and Harbaugh's brilliance devising a run game, their pass attack will always be secondary. But, they still need Lockette to be competent, or find someone else with blazing speed.

Yes, I really think they're relying on Lockette a bit.

I wouldn't say they are relying on Lockette. BUT, they definitely need two guys to step up out of Lockette, Jenkins, Patton & K. Williams.
    NorCal
    NET Rookie

Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:35 am
  • Yeah, maybe "relying" is a poor choice of words. The 49ers just need speed to maximize Boldin, IMO. That's not a shot at Boldin, I love the dude (not anymore).
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:40 am
  • drdiags wrote:That is the site that does the NFL QB Facebook conversation the past 2 yrs. I hope you didn't post this over on the rival 9ers fan board, at least not seriously thinking you had something on them.

According to Maiocco, the 9ers closed out mini-camp with Kap putting on a clinic with his WRs. I think some are hoping for things that may not be as dire as one might think.

Minicamp ends with a Colin Kaepernick flourish, as he ripped defense to shreds on passes to Moore, McDonald, Osgood, Jenkins and Lockette.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/49ers-minicamp-day-3-kaepernick-ends-flourish

I get that their defense is also going to be really bad next year after reading that.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:06 am
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:
    I get that their defense is also going to be really bad next year after reading that.

This too. One of their readers posted the same thought though Maiocco responded it was more the offense executing well and the QB throwing some dimes. I took that with a grain of salt. You can get the same type of glowing reports from any camp. No one knows until the real action starts.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:21 am
  • If a QB didn't tear it up when no contact was allowed, that would be news. Kaepernick looking good without pads, what the hell ever. In fact, that is about the 5th time this spring I have heard a report about how good he looks in spring drills. Almost like they are trying to reassure the fans that all is well.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:18 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:If a QB didn't tear it up when no contact was allowed, that would be news. Kaepernick looking good without pads, what the hell ever. In fact, that is about the 5th time this spring I have heard a report about how good he looks in spring drills. Almost like they are trying to reassure the fans that all is well.

FWIW, the only time reports like these have come out of Niner Land, Alex Smith had just finished his first year with Harbaugh and he had his best statistical season. Last season, Kaep was very uneven during offseason work. Now, there really isn't any negative news (on or off the field) coming out.
    NinerBuff
    NET Rookie

Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:32 pm
  • I could care less if Kaepernick is completing passes in padless practices. What I might care about are reports of him feeling the offense better and checking reads with more speed and comfort (which the article linked by DrDiags makes no mention of). So yeah, pretty much a meaningless report. I agree with Scott, it sounds like Harbaugh and the local media are trying to stave off fear from the fanbase over what is clearly a WR problem.

Also, the 49ers secondary was utterly shredded by opponents over the last six games of the 2012/2013 season (beginning with New England). Their defense is kind of the inverse of ours, elite up front but questionable in the back. As if that cold streak wasn't bad enough, they've since lost multiple pro-bowler Dashon Goldson and replaced him with a hype job 1st rounder in Eric Reid. If anyone thinks that's a lateral move, I'd call that wishful thinking based on my impressions of Reid from scouting him before the draft. I wouldn't quite call their secondary "miserable", but behind a lot of other NFL front sevens it probably would be. All of which is even more reason to not care about this report.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:17 pm
  • I choose to believe this story is true. It's way more fun that way...
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:15 pm
  • NinerBuff wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:If a QB didn't tear it up when no contact was allowed, that would be news. Kaepernick looking good without pads, what the hell ever. In fact, that is about the 5th time this spring I have heard a report about how good he looks in spring drills. Almost like they are trying to reassure the fans that all is well.

FWIW, the only time reports like these have come out of Niner Land, Alex Smith had just finished his first year with Harbaugh and he had his best statistical season. Last season, Kaep was very uneven during offseason work. Now, there really isn't any negative news (on or off the field) coming out.

The reports from off-season work appear uneven this year, too.

THE NOT-SO-GOOD

1. Colin Kaepernick. First, his passes were sailing all over the place this afternoon. He completed 7-of-15 passes by my count, and he missed four-of-his-first-five. When he missed, he was overthrowing receivers deep or firing short passes as hard as he could. Second, he did not throw it to Vernon Davis one time. With Crabtree out, you’d think Kaepernick would make it his business to develop chemistry between him and Davis. Finally, Kaepernick and the first-team offense went three-and-out against the second-team defense in a two-minute drill at the end of practice. Kaepernick threw two wild passes on that series. I’m not concerned about Kaepernick, though. Today probably was just a bad day.

2. A.J. Jenkins. He was targeted once and made one catch – a five yard gain on a stick route. Every other receiver was targeted at least twice. Jenkins is the favorite to win the open competition at split end, but he’s going to have to make some plays to actually win the job. Quinton Patton had three catches on three targets this afternoon, Lockette and Hall played well, and Kyle Williams should join the competition in training camp.

[ http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2013/05/ ... ck-is-not/ ]
    formido
    NET Starter

Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:52 pm
  • kearly wrote:I could care less if Kaepernick is completing passes in padless practices. What I might care about are reports of him feeling the offense better and checking reads with more speed and comfort (which the article linked by DrDiags makes no mention of). So yeah, pretty much a meaningless report. I agree with Scott, it sounds like Harbaugh and the local media are trying to stave off fear from the fanbase over what is clearly a WR problem.

Also, the 49ers secondary was utterly shredded by opponents over the last six games of the 2012/2013 season (beginning with New England). Their defense is kind of the inverse of ours, elite up front but questionable in the back. As if that cold streak wasn't bad enough, they've since lost multiple pro-bowler Dashon Goldson and replaced him with a hype job 1st rounder in Eric Reid. If anyone thinks that's a lateral move, I'd call that wishful thinking based on my impressions of Reid from scouting him before the draft. I wouldn't quite call their secondary "miserable", but behind a lot of other NFL front sevens it probably would be. All of which is even more reason to not care about this report.

Agreed. I already know that Kaep can throw some dimes when he is in a clean pocket, so no contact drills mean squat. Jenkins looking good against corners who can't jam means squat too. Unproven players are exactly that. And spring ball does not prove anything except knowledge of the playbook.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:19 pm
  • +1 to kearly.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:30 pm
  • The thing in regards to Kaep and the opinion of him being a one read QB is it doesn't jive with other reports from the NFL.com folks who claim he has shown the ability to go to a 4th read for example. I have no skin in this game and I know there have been long running back and forth with the 9ers fans that visit but I am not going all in on the doubt train.
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:35 pm
  • drdiags wrote:The thing in regards to Kaep and the opinion of him being a one read QB is it doesn't jive with other reports from the NFL.com folks who claim he has shown the ability to go to a 4th read for example. I have no skin in this game and I know there have been long running back and forth with the 9ers fans that visit but I am not going all in on the doubt train.

It's NFL.com they pimp the Niners at every opportunity. I'm not sure I would believe anything they wright about the Niners.

Other note: What would you rather have? Harvin, Rice, Tate, Baldwin, Miller practicing against Sherman, Browner, ET, Kamtrack and Windfield?

Or, Boldin, VD and some unknowns practicing against Whitner, old man time, a rookie safety and a poor secondary?

Ahh the rich just keep getting richer. Gotta love it.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:19 pm
  • hawker84 wrote:Sounds Like Mr. Boldin isn't making to many friend over in the SF camp... Wow this guy actually sounds like a first class tool... Man i hope there's some truth to this, as much as the whiners want to believe sherman is a locker room distraction, never heard Sherm doing any of this..?

Is this a real site or just a Goof kind of site? I've never heard of it. Gotta be fake, but still funny..

Lol. Are you going to link an onion article next and ask if its real?
    heyu123
    NET Starter

Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:00 pm
  • formido wrote:
    NinerBuff wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:If a QB didn't tear it up when no contact was allowed, that would be news. Kaepernick looking good without pads, what the hell ever. In fact, that is about the 5th time this spring I have heard a report about how good he looks in spring drills. Almost like they are trying to reassure the fans that all is well.

The reports from off-season work appear uneven this year, too.

THE NOT-SO-GOOD

1. Colin Kaepernick. First, his passes were sailing all over the place this afternoon. He completed 7-of-15 passes by my count, and he missed four-of-his-first-five. When he missed, he was overthrowing receivers deep or firing short passes as hard as he could. Second, he did not throw it to Vernon Davis one time. With Crabtree out, you’d think Kaepernick would make it his business to develop chemistry between him and Davis. Finally, Kaepernick and the first-team offense went three-and-out against the second-team defense in a two-minute drill at the end of practice. Kaepernick threw two wild passes on that series. I’m not concerned about Kaepernick, though. Today probably was just a bad day.

2. A.J. Jenkins. He was targeted once and made one catch – a five yard gain on a stick route. Every other receiver was targeted at least twice. Jenkins is the favorite to win the open competition at split end, but he’s going to have to make some plays to actually win the job. Quinton Patton had three catches on three targets this afternoon, Lockette and Hall played well, and Kyle Williams should join the competition in training camp.

[ http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2013/05/ ... ck-is-not/ ]

Grant Cohn bashes the 49ers often and has for years. That's nothing new. He's one of the more critical writers out there.
    QuickLightning
    NET Rookie

Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:18 am
  • QuickLightning wrote:Grant Cohn bashes the 49ers often and has for years. That's nothing new. He's one of the more critical writers out there.

"Critical" is being nice. Grant is a total Hack, just like his father Lowell. Both make their living saying things they think are controvercial. That's their MO. If you really want to read someone who knows what they are doing, read Matt Maiocco (CSN Bay Area) or Matt Barrows (Sacremento Bee).
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:04 am
  • heyu123 wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:Sounds Like Mr. Boldin isn't making to many friend over in the SF camp... Wow this guy actually sounds like a first class tool... Man i hope there's some truth to this, as much as the whiners want to believe sherman is a locker room distraction, never heard Sherm doing any of this..?

Lol. Are you going to link an onion article next and ask if its real?

I don't know what an onion article is?
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:13 am
  • Seriously guys, trying to dig up dirt on our team to help make you feel better about your chances is all well and fine...but from a site that has "mock" in its title???

Try to not look desperate. ;)
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:21 am

Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:32 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:Seriously guys, trying to dig up dirt on our team to help make you feel better about your chances is all well and fine...but from a site that has "mock" in its title???

Ya mean like posting on a division rivals message board???? That kind of desperate?????
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:49 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:Seriously guys, trying to dig up dirt on our team to help make you feel better about your chances is all well and fine...but from a site that has "mock" in its title???

Ya mean like posting on a division rivals message board???? That kind of desperate?????

That doesn't even make sense.

Plenty of Hawk fans post on the Niner forum. In fact I think one of them only posts there and not here.
    Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:49 pm
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:
    drdiags wrote:That is the site that does the NFL QB Facebook conversation the past 2 yrs. I hope you didn't post this over on the rival 9ers fan board, at least not seriously thinking you had something on them.

That was my exact thought too. I think the trend of the niners winning two fewer games than the previous season will continue this year.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:05 pm
  • RedAlice wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:Seriously guys, trying to dig up dirt on our team to help make you feel better about your chances is all well and fine...but from a site that has "mock" in its title???

That doesn't even make sense.

Plenty of Hawk fans post on the Niner forum. In fact I think one of them only posts there and not here.

It makes plenty of sense. Thanks for proving my point. :th2thumbs:
    ....and as for the Hawk fans posting over there, they are in the same boat as the ninnies fans here (with the exception of Box).

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:12 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    It makes plenty of sense. Thanks for proving my point. :th2thumbs:
    ....and as for the Hawk fans posting over there, they are in the same boat as the ninnies fans here (with the exception of Box).
    [/quote]

I disagree.

I think the back and forth conversations between the teams that take place are good and interesting. How could you have a dialogue with a fan of a division rival online without visiting their board? Or having them visit yours?

Are you saying that any fan who wants to discuss football with a fan of a division rival is desperate? That you should only discuss football with the fans of your team?
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:42 pm
  • Most of the time yes!
    Problem is as a FAN most folks tend to OVER-DEFEND their team on opposing boards..... Most cannot resist the temptation to take shots and then flame wars start. I find it amusing how fans of other teams generally will stay away until their teams get good or on the cusp of getting good and then start trolling. Before last season there was zero ninnies fans here except for Box (the only 9'er fan here I respect), all of the sudden their team gets good and the SF troll invasion starts.

No Rams fans until you showed up, if they make some waves then I fully expect them to show up. Wonder why there are no Cards fans here??? Check their record!

Out of respect for the non-ahole fan base of other teams I don't go post on other teams boards because I know what I post might start something, and I'm in THEIR house. If I go to the whiners boards and post Kraeper is a one look and then run QB, what do you think their reaction would be? They'd defend him to the hilt, and then call Wilson short. What does that accomplish???????

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:22 pm
  • If that is what you would post on a Niner board, then you should stay here for sure.

I like the discussions. I defend the Rams, but I don't insult the team or players ever. No point, and it's not even something I think normally. I happen to like all of the NFC West teams. I have to admit, I enjoy the flame type arguments right now between the Niners and Hawk fans. Is interesting to watch the emotions of both sides.

I see your point though, one comment can escalate.

I didn't post anywhere before last year as I didn't know the boards existed. I found them when I started playing fantasy football last year. That includes the Rams' board as well. Though the Rams' board seems mostly interested in arguing about Bradford or making Mock Drafts. Hopefully this changes.

Well, thanks for being honest about your opinion. And not slamming me for mine.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:20 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information