Good for you Bernard Pollard...

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Good for you Bernard Pollard...
Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:55 pm
  • So full of win and rightness...

In the post-bounty NFL, players and coaches aren’t supposed to say publicly the stuff they undoubtedly scream privately.  Titans safety Bernard Pollard didn’t get the memo.  Or he doesn’t care.

Bet the latter.

“I don’t care what they have to say,” Pollard said regarding those who may criticize him for using such blunt language, via Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean.  “If they feel like we’re going to carry guns and knives and try and stab people and try and kill them, shame on you. You are an idiot.  For us, when we say kill, we want to go out there and knock the [heck] out of people, we want to hit you.  And for me, we’re going to help you up because I’m going to knock you back down.  I have been at plenty of pee-wee football games where I have seen my son, my daughter, and you hear parents, you hear women, white, black, Hispanic, Chinese, Japanese, telling their sons, ‘Kill them! Telling their daughters, Kill them!’

“Do I believe they mean kill them?  Literally kill them?  No.  So if you have never played this game before and you want to take that and run with it, go ahead.  Shame on you.  You’re a fool.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -comments/
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Re: Good for you Bernard Pollard...
Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:06 pm
  • Was this in context to all the "kill the head and the body will die" locker room talk?
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:53 pm
  • No. The Bills D Coord, Petine, was quoted as saying "kill em, hurt em" in a general/vague context last week. And, OF COURSE, there was phony outrage.

Sorry, I should've added some pretext.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:42 pm
  • Oh god, who was carrying the torch?
    EDIT: From hitting his name in yahoo news I see MSN, Yahoo!, USA Today, SI... jesus.
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:14 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information