Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Boldin Being A Distraction?
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:17 pm 
* Gangnameister *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 11083
Location: PoCompton, BC Canada
I choose to believe this story is true. It's way more fun that way...

_________________
I <3 Nunchucks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boldin Being A Distraction?
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:15 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:41 pm
Posts: 467
Location: Ventura, CA
NinerBuff wrote:
Scottemojo wrote:
If a QB didn't tear it up when no contact was allowed, that would be news. Kaepernick looking good without pads, what the hell ever. In fact, that is about the 5th time this spring I have heard a report about how good he looks in spring drills. Almost like they are trying to reassure the fans that all is well.


FWIW, the only time reports like these have come out of Niner Land, Alex Smith had just finished his first year with Harbaugh and he had his best statistical season. Last season, Kaep was very uneven during offseason work. Now, there really isn't any negative news (on or off the field) coming out.


The reports from off-season work appear uneven this year, too.

Quote:
THE NOT-SO-GOOD

1. Colin Kaepernick. First, his passes were sailing all over the place this afternoon. He completed 7-of-15 passes by my count, and he missed four-of-his-first-five. When he missed, he was overthrowing receivers deep or firing short passes as hard as he could. Second, he did not throw it to Vernon Davis one time. With Crabtree out, you’d think Kaepernick would make it his business to develop chemistry between him and Davis. Finally, Kaepernick and the first-team offense went three-and-out against the second-team defense in a two-minute drill at the end of practice. Kaepernick threw two wild passes on that series. I’m not concerned about Kaepernick, though. Today probably was just a bad day.

2. A.J. Jenkins. He was targeted once and made one catch – a five yard gain on a stick route. Every other receiver was targeted at least twice. Jenkins is the favorite to win the open competition at split end, but he’s going to have to make some plays to actually win the job. Quinton Patton had three catches on three targets this afternoon, Lockette and Hall played well, and Kyle Williams should join the competition in training camp.


[ http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2013/05/ ... ck-is-not/ ]


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boldin Being A Distraction?
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:52 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10044
kearly wrote:
I could care less if Kaepernick is completing passes in padless practices. What I might care about are reports of him feeling the offense better and checking reads with more speed and comfort (which the article linked by DrDiags makes no mention of). So yeah, pretty much a meaningless report. I agree with Scott, it sounds like Harbaugh and the local media are trying to stave off fear from the fanbase over what is clearly a WR problem.

Also, the 49ers secondary was utterly shredded by opponents over the last six games of the 2012/2013 season (beginning with New England). Their defense is kind of the inverse of ours, elite up front but questionable in the back. As if that cold streak wasn't bad enough, they've since lost multiple pro-bowler Dashon Goldson and replaced him with a hype job 1st rounder in Eric Reid. If anyone thinks that's a lateral move, I'd call that wishful thinking based on my impressions of Reid from scouting him before the draft. I wouldn't quite call their secondary "miserable", but behind a lot of other NFL front sevens it probably would be. All of which is even more reason to not care about this report.

Agreed. I already know that Kaep can throw some dimes when he is in a clean pocket, so no contact drills mean squat. Jenkins looking good against corners who can't jam means squat too. Unproven players are exactly that. And spring ball does not prove anything except knowledge of the playbook.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boldin Being A Distraction?
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:19 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
+1 to kearly.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boldin Being A Distraction?
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:30 pm 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
Posts: 8855
Location: Covington, Washington
The thing in regards to Kaep and the opinion of him being a one read QB is it doesn't jive with other reports from the NFL.com folks who claim he has shown the ability to go to a 4th read for example. I have no skin in this game and I know there have been long running back and forth with the 9ers fans that visit but I am not going all in on the doubt train.

_________________
Image
Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boldin Being A Distraction?
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:35 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am
Posts: 2767
drdiags wrote:
The thing in regards to Kaep and the opinion of him being a one read QB is it doesn't jive with other reports from the NFL.com folks who claim he has shown the ability to go to a 4th read for example. I have no skin in this game and I know there have been long running back and forth with the 9ers fans that visit but I am not going all in on the doubt train.


It's NFL.com they pimp the Niners at every opportunity. I'm not sure I would believe anything they wright about the Niners.

Other note: What would you rather have? Harvin, Rice, Tate, Baldwin, Miller practicing against Sherman, Browner, ET, Kamtrack and Windfield?

Or, Boldin, VD and some unknowns practicing against Whitner, old man time, a rookie safety and a poor secondary?

Ahh the rich just keep getting richer. Gotta love it.

_________________
The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boldin Being A Distraction?
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:19 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:30 pm
Posts: 323
hawker84 wrote:
Sounds Like Mr. Boldin isn't making to many friend over in the SF camp... Wow this guy actually sounds like a first class tool... Man i hope there's some truth to this, as much as the whiners want to believe sherman is a locker room distraction, never heard Sherm doing any of this..?

Is this a real site or just a Goof kind of site? I've never heard of it. Gotta be fake, but still funny..

http://profootballmock.com/ex-raven-anq ... ring-otas/


Lol. Are you going to link an onion article next and ask if its real?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boldin Being A Distraction?
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:00 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:20 am
Posts: 111
formido wrote:
NinerBuff wrote:
Scottemojo wrote:
If a QB didn't tear it up when no contact was allowed, that would be news. Kaepernick looking good without pads, what the hell ever. In fact, that is about the 5th time this spring I have heard a report about how good he looks in spring drills. Almost like they are trying to reassure the fans that all is well.


FWIW, the only time reports like these have come out of Niner Land, Alex Smith had just finished his first year with Harbaugh and he had his best statistical season. Last season, Kaep was very uneven during offseason work. Now, there really isn't any negative news (on or off the field) coming out.


The reports from off-season work appear uneven this year, too.

Quote:
THE NOT-SO-GOOD

1. Colin Kaepernick. First, his passes were sailing all over the place this afternoon. He completed 7-of-15 passes by my count, and he missed four-of-his-first-five. When he missed, he was overthrowing receivers deep or firing short passes as hard as he could. Second, he did not throw it to Vernon Davis one time. With Crabtree out, you’d think Kaepernick would make it his business to develop chemistry between him and Davis. Finally, Kaepernick and the first-team offense went three-and-out against the second-team defense in a two-minute drill at the end of practice. Kaepernick threw two wild passes on that series. I’m not concerned about Kaepernick, though. Today probably was just a bad day.

2. A.J. Jenkins. He was targeted once and made one catch – a five yard gain on a stick route. Every other receiver was targeted at least twice. Jenkins is the favorite to win the open competition at split end, but he’s going to have to make some plays to actually win the job. Quinton Patton had three catches on three targets this afternoon, Lockette and Hall played well, and Kyle Williams should join the competition in training camp.


[ http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2013/05/ ... ck-is-not/ ]


Grant Cohn bashes the 49ers often and has for years. That's nothing new. He's one of the more critical writers out there.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boldin Being A Distraction?
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:18 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm
Posts: 2024
QuickLightning wrote:
Grant Cohn bashes the 49ers often and has for years. That's nothing new. He's one of the more critical writers out there.


"Critical" is being nice. Grant is a total Hack, just like his father Lowell. Both make their living saying things they think are controvercial. That's their MO. If you really want to read someone who knows what they are doing, read Matt Maiocco (CSN Bay Area) or Matt Barrows (Sacremento Bee).


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boldin Being A Distraction?
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:04 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
heyu123 wrote:
hawker84 wrote:
Sounds Like Mr. Boldin isn't making to many friend over in the SF camp... Wow this guy actually sounds like a first class tool... Man i hope there's some truth to this, as much as the whiners want to believe sherman is a locker room distraction, never heard Sherm doing any of this..?

Is this a real site or just a Goof kind of site? I've never heard of it. Gotta be fake, but still funny..

http://profootballmock.com/ex-raven-anq ... ring-otas/


Lol. Are you going to link an onion article next and ask if its real?


I don't know what an onion article is?

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boldin Being A Distraction?
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:13 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm
Posts: 690
Seriously guys, trying to dig up dirt on our team to help make you feel better about your chances is all well and fine...but from a site that has "mock" in its title???

Try to not look desperate. ;)

_________________
DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boldin Being A Distraction?
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:21 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
Posts: 471
Location: San Diego
hawker84 wrote:

I don't know what an onion article is?



Everyone On Seahawks A Bad Secret Weapon

http://www.theonion.com/articles/everyo ... pon,26092/

_________________
Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boldin Being A Distraction?
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:32 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9841
NinerLifer wrote:
Seriously guys, trying to dig up dirt on our team to help make you feel better about your chances is all well and fine...but from a site that has "mock" in its title???

Try to not look desperate. ;)


Ya mean like posting on a division rivals message board???? That kind of desperate?????

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boldin Being A Distraction?
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:49 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
Posts: 471
Location: San Diego
Sports Hernia wrote:
NinerLifer wrote:
Seriously guys, trying to dig up dirt on our team to help make you feel better about your chances is all well and fine...but from a site that has "mock" in its title???

Try to not look desperate. ;)


Ya mean like posting on a division rivals message board???? That kind of desperate?????


That doesn't even make sense.

Plenty of Hawk fans post on the Niner forum. In fact I think one of them only posts there and not here.

_________________
Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boldin Being A Distraction?
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:49 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:18 pm
Posts: 1439
Sarlacc83 wrote:
drdiags wrote:
That is the site that does the NFL QB Facebook conversation the past 2 yrs. I hope you didn't post this over on the rival 9ers fan board, at least not seriously thinking you had something on them.

According to Maiocco, the 9ers closed out mini-camp with Kap putting on a clinic with his WRs. I think some are hoping for things that may not be as dire as one might think.

Quote:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 16h
Minicamp ends with a Colin Kaepernick flourish, as he ripped defense to shreds on passes to Moore, McDonald, Osgood, Jenkins and Lockette.

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 15h
Final 49ers minicamp report: Kaepernick and his pass targets finished in style.


http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/49ers-minicamp-day-3-kaepernick-ends-flourish

Padded practice and training camp will complete the picture.


I get that their defense is also going to be really bad next year after reading that.


That was my exact thought too. I think the trend of the niners winning two fewer games than the previous season will continue this year.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boldin Being A Distraction?
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:05 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9841
RedAlice wrote:
Sports Hernia wrote:
NinerLifer wrote:
Seriously guys, trying to dig up dirt on our team to help make you feel better about your chances is all well and fine...but from a site that has "mock" in its title???

Try to not look desperate. ;)


Ya mean like posting on a division rivals message board???? That kind of desperate?????


That doesn't even make sense.

Plenty of Hawk fans post on the Niner forum. In fact I think one of them only posts there and not here.


It makes plenty of sense. Thanks for proving my point. :th2thumbs:
....and as for the Hawk fans posting over there, they are in the same boat as the ninnies fans here (with the exception of Box).

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boldin Being A Distraction?
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:12 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
Posts: 471
Location: San Diego
Sports Hernia wrote:

It makes plenty of sense. Thanks for proving my point. :th2thumbs:
....and as for the Hawk fans posting over there, they are in the same boat as the ninnies fans here (with the exception of Box).
[/quote]

I disagree.

I think the back and forth conversations between the teams that take place are good and interesting. How could you have a dialogue with a fan of a division rival online without visiting their board? Or having them visit yours?

Are you saying that any fan who wants to discuss football with a fan of a division rival is desperate? That you should only discuss football with the fans of your team?

_________________
Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boldin Being A Distraction?
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:42 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9841
Most of the time yes!
Problem is as a FAN most folks tend to OVER-DEFEND their team on opposing boards..... Most cannot resist the temptation to take shots and then flame wars start. I find it amusing how fans of other teams generally will stay away until their teams get good or on the cusp of getting good and then start trolling. Before last season there was zero ninnies fans here except for Box (the only 9'er fan here I respect), all of the sudden their team gets good and the SF troll invasion starts.

No Rams fans until you showed up, if they make some waves then I fully expect them to show up. Wonder why there are no Cards fans here??? Check their record!

Out of respect for the non-ahole fan base of other teams I don't go post on other teams boards because I know what I post might start something, and I'm in THEIR house. If I go to the whiners boards and post Kraeper is a one look and then run QB, what do you think their reaction would be? They'd defend him to the hilt, and then call Wilson short. What does that accomplish???????

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boldin Being A Distraction?
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:22 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
Posts: 471
Location: San Diego
If that is what you would post on a Niner board, then you should stay here for sure.

I like the discussions. I defend the Rams, but I don't insult the team or players ever. No point, and it's not even something I think normally. I happen to like all of the NFC West teams. I have to admit, I enjoy the flame type arguments right now between the Niners and Hawk fans. Is interesting to watch the emotions of both sides.

I see your point though, one comment can escalate.

I didn't post anywhere before last year as I didn't know the boards existed. I found them when I started playing fantasy football last year. That includes the Rams' board as well. Though the Rams' board seems mostly interested in arguing about Bradford or making Mock Drafts. Hopefully this changes.

Well, thanks for being honest about your opinion. And not slamming me for mine.

_________________
Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: HawkAroundTheClock, nanomoz, VivaEfrenHerrera and 24 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.