Boldin Being A Distraction?

hawker84

Reaction score
Sounds Like Mr. Boldin isn't making to many friend over in the SF camp... Wow this guy actually sounds like a first class tool... Man i hope there's some truth to this, as much as the whiners want to believe sherman is a locker room distraction, never heard Sherm doing any of this..?

Is this a real site or just a Goof kind of site? I've never heard of it. Gotta be fake, but still funny..

http://profootballmock.com/ex-raven-anq ... ring-otas/

pehawk

Reaction score
What are you guys talking about? I met someone off that site, he's on his way over, he looks hot.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":98eq6mcw said:
What are you guys talking about? I met someone off that site, he's on his way over, he looks hot.
He is going to cancel at the last minute. Death in the family.

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
Too bad still funny.. especially the part about Boldin cutting in line in the cafeteria

pehawk

Reaction score
The distraction will be Boldin being the sole WR on their roster this year. Its getting 2008 Seahawks-esque down there, but, Kaep's not a good of a thrower as Seneca was.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Niners tried out Austin Collie this week. Austin gets concussed if a candle gets blown out near him. The Niners have talked a lot about guys stepping up, but they are quietly desperate right now, and if Boldin gets hurt, they are going to have to use some of that 2014 draft capital just to field receivers this year.

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":320mz9ek said:
Niners tried out Austin Collie this week. Austin gets concussed if a candle gets blown out near him. The Niners have talked a lot about guys stepping up, but they are quietly desperate right now, and if Boldin gets hurt, they are going to have to use some of that 2014 draft capital just to field receivers this year.

I'm with ya. They can probably do just enough to stay afloat...if Lockette isn't a minus on the field. You cant have Boldin without speed out there with him; it just wont work. ESPECIALLY in the NFC West...Cards, Rams and Hawks will just flip their middle-finger and play man.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Didn't the 49ers sign another receiver to replace Crabtree recently that blew his ACL as well ?

pehawk

Reaction score
Happypuppy":2rbd6bmq said:
Didn't the 49ers sign another receiver to replace Crabtree recently that blew his ACL as well ?

Yeah, dude from the Raiders. With that line and Harbaugh's brilliance devising a run game, their pass attack will always be secondary. But, they still need Lockette to be competent, or find someone else with blazing speed.

Yes, I really think they're relying on Lockette a bit.

drdiags

Reaction score
That is the site that does the NFL QB Facebook conversation the past 2 yrs. I hope you didn't post this over on the rival 9ers fan board, at least not seriously thinking you had something on them.

According to Maiocco, the 9ers closed out mini-camp with Kap putting on a clinic with his WRs. I think some are hoping for things that may not be as dire as one might think.

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 16h
Minicamp ends with a Colin Kaepernick flourish, as he ripped defense to shreds on passes to Moore, McDonald, Osgood, Jenkins and Lockette.

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 15h
Final 49ers minicamp report: Kaepernick and his pass targets finished in style.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/49ers-minicamp-day-3-kaepernick-ends-flourish

Padded practice and training camp will complete the picture.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I don't think the Niners are going to have much trouble completing passes with Boldin as their one, after all, CK zeroed in on Crabtree most of the time anyways.

Boldin should be able to fill that role well. In any case, they still have VD as an option and can work in the new guys like they did with Manningham and Moss. Mario should be back in time also. If there are injuries there, trouble could find its way to SF. The other thing is that in 2011, SF threw the ball with little frequency and managed to win 13 games. Boldin was an excellent pickup for them and now it appears to have been a crucial pickup. He has serious toughness and a good head on his shoulders.

NorCal

Reaction score
pehawk":2t99nr0v said:
Happypuppy":2t99nr0v said:

Yeah, dude from the Raiders. With that line and Harbaugh's brilliance devising a run game, their pass attack will always be secondary. But, they still need Lockette to be competent, or find someone else with blazing speed.

Yes, I really think they're relying on Lockette a bit.

I wouldn't say they are relying on Lockette. BUT, they definitely need two guys to step up out of Lockette, Jenkins, Patton & K. Williams.

pehawk

Reaction score
Yeah, maybe "relying" is a poor choice of words. The 49ers just need speed to maximize Boldin, IMO. That's not a shot at Boldin, I love the dude (not anymore).

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
drdiags":14uvnqxm said:
That is the site that does the NFL QB Facebook conversation the past 2 yrs. I hope you didn't post this over on the rival 9ers fan board, at least not seriously thinking you had something on them.

According to Maiocco, the 9ers closed out mini-camp with Kap putting on a clinic with his WRs. I think some are hoping for things that may not be as dire as one might think.

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 16h
Minicamp ends with a Colin Kaepernick flourish, as he ripped defense to shreds on passes to Moore, McDonald, Osgood, Jenkins and Lockette.

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 15h
Final 49ers minicamp report: Kaepernick and his pass targets finished in style.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/49ers-minicamp-day-3-kaepernick-ends-flourish

Padded practice and training camp will complete the picture.

I get that their defense is also going to be really bad next year after reading that.

drdiags

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":28dvaxi4 said:
I get that their defense is also going to be really bad next year after reading that.

This too. One of their readers posted the same thought though Maiocco responded it was more the offense executing well and the QB throwing some dimes. I took that with a grain of salt. You can get the same type of glowing reports from any camp. No one knows until the real action starts.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
If a QB didn't tear it up when no contact was allowed, that would be news. Kaepernick looking good without pads, what the hell ever. In fact, that is about the 5th time this spring I have heard a report about how good he looks in spring drills. Almost like they are trying to reassure the fans that all is well.

NinerBuff

Reaction score
Scottemojo":32hksj2p said:
If a QB didn't tear it up when no contact was allowed, that would be news. Kaepernick looking good without pads, what the hell ever. In fact, that is about the 5th time this spring I have heard a report about how good he looks in spring drills. Almost like they are trying to reassure the fans that all is well.

FWIW, the only time reports like these have come out of Niner Land, Alex Smith had just finished his first year with Harbaugh and he had his best statistical season. Last season, Kaep was very uneven during offseason work. Now, there really isn't any negative news (on or off the field) coming out.

kearly

Reaction score
I could care less if Kaepernick is completing passes in padless practices. What I might care about are reports of him feeling the offense better and checking reads with more speed and comfort (which the article linked by DrDiags makes no mention of). So yeah, pretty much a meaningless report. I agree with Scott, it sounds like Harbaugh and the local media are trying to stave off fear from the fanbase over what is clearly a WR problem.

Also, the 49ers secondary was utterly shredded by opponents over the last six games of the 2012/2013 season (beginning with New England). Their defense is kind of the inverse of ours, elite up front but questionable in the back. As if that cold streak wasn't bad enough, they've since lost multiple pro-bowler Dashon Goldson and replaced him with a hype job 1st rounder in Eric Reid. If anyone thinks that's a lateral move, I'd call that wishful thinking based on my impressions of Reid from scouting him before the draft. I wouldn't quite call their secondary "miserable", but behind a lot of other NFL front sevens it probably would be. All of which is even more reason to not care about this report.