Bears trade 2011 1st Rd pick Gabe Carimi to Bucs for a 6th

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13

• I remember wanting him instead of Carp in that draft.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• SeatownJay wrote:I remember wanting him instead of Carp in that draft.

You and me both.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• Carimi, Sherrod and Carpenter had buzzard's luck with leg injuries their rookie season. None have been able to get right so far. All have a chance to come back this year. I guess the Bears just couldn't afford to count on Carimi any longer. Especially since the current GM didn't draft him.

BTW - I remember wanting Carimi or Solder or anyone of note. Carpenter was a shock only because I hadn't seen much on him besides English's mentions in his review of the various prospects through the year.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• Rob hated Carimi and beat that horse every chance he got. It's gotta be nice to stick your neck out that far and be proven right. (I didn't have an opinion on him either way).
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• kearly wrote:Rob hated Carimi and beat that horse every chance he got. It's gotta be nice to stick your neck out that far and be proven right. (I didn't have an opinion on him either way).

You'd know, Mr. Wilson supporter. ;)
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• The Bears' track record with first round picks lately isn't great. When's the last time they hit on one? 2004?
    “We need to be challenged, ... and we need to be under the gun to respond.” --Pete Carroll
    nanomoz
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• nanomoz wrote:The Bears' track record with first round picks lately isn't great. When's the last time they hit on one? 2004?

If only they had hired Tim Ruskell as their GM while he was in Chicago. :lol:
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    nanomoz wrote:The Bears' track record with first round picks lately isn't great. When's the last time they hit on one? 2004?

If only they had hired Tim Ruskell as their GM while he was in Chicago. :lol:

ooh,...very harsh!!
    Hamhawk
    NET Veteran

• kearly wrote:Rob hated Carimi and beat that horse every chance he got. It's gotta be nice to stick your neck out that far and be proven right. (I didn't have an opinion on him either way).

Yeah...about as much as he hated Okung, IIRC.
    Erebus
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:24 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information