How?

Trrrroy

Reaction score
How in the world does NFL.com justify ranking Andrew Luck as the best QB under 25?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... 5-or-under

No young quarterback completed more "wow" plays than Andrew Luck last year. Asked to do more than any of his counterparts in the league last year, the Indianapolis Colts' signal-caller responded.

More "wow" plays than any other young QB last year? What a fat load of BS. He did, however, make more "WTF" plays than Kap, Wilson, or Griffin III. He might be great next season, but as of now Luck is by far the most overrated quarterback in the NFL.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
He's statistically inferior to Carson Palmer last year, and they say he's better than two QB's who scored a plus-100 rating in their first seasons?

My ass.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Lemme try and explain it for you guys why he is.

.......................................I uh..................................
................i can't...

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":30tiglax said:
Lemme try and explain it for you guys why he is.

.......................................I uh..................................
................i can't...

You brought up some great points there. :th2thumbs:

kearly

Reaction score
That list was the single dumbest ranking I've read in quite a while. Bradford over Dalton is a joke. Wilson at #5 is a pick submerged in a gulf of ignorance. Kaepernick at #3 is comedy.

But you think they'd at least put RG3 #1. Putting Luck #1 makes the list so incomprehensible, it reads like satire. Luck's performance last year was basically a cross between Stafford's (very high number of pass attempts, poor efficiency stats) and Tannehill's (poor efficiency stats, mobile, untapped upside). Tannehill and Stafford were #6 and #7. It's not like they were chopped meat on draft day, either.

Stupid.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I like how they said Luck had more "wow" plays like Wilson didn't drop a game winner on the patriots, or keep the 49ers chasing him for an hour in one play, among others, not to mention the magic RGIII and Newton and Kaepernick pull off on a weekly basis, this list is turrible!

pinksheets

Reaction score
Somewhere Russell Wilson just said "I've got your 'wow plays' right here" while grabbing his junk.

hawker84

Reaction score
Trrrroy":2an75bgh said:
How in the world does NFL.com justify ranking Andrew Luck as the best QB under 25?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... 5-or-under

No young quarterback completed more "wow" plays than Andrew Luck last year. Asked to do more than any of his counterparts in the league last year, the Indianapolis Colts' signal-caller responded.

More "wow" plays than any other young QB last year? What a fat load of BS. He did, however, make more "WTF" plays than Kap, Wilson, or Griffin III. He might be great next season, but as of now Luck is by far the most overrated quarterback in the NFL.

He was the number #1 pick in the draft, they're going to try and force feed us this crap until they run out of ammo... just kick back and wait em out... the truth will come to light soon enough... He's good, but is he the best of the top 3 rookie QB's, 4 if you include Kap, the answer is Hell to the NO...

OkieHawk

Reaction score
pinksheets":37maf3w2 said:
Somewhere Russell Wilson just said "I've got your 'wow plays' right here" while grabbing his junk.

Nope, that's not his style. He just grabbed all of the footage of the '12 Colts and is dissecting the hell out of them right now to put up a NFL record 200+ points in a single game against them.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
2. Robert Griffin III

Before his ACL injury, Robert Griffin III authored one of the greatest rookie seasons in NFL history. So where does the young Washington Redskins quarterback go from here?

RW's numbers were almost statistically identical, and he won more games. Yet 3 spots lower?

Don't even get me started on Luck.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Why is anyone shocked by this anymore? Luck was anointed Manning #2 (#3?), and they're not going to let go of that storyline until it's pried from their cold, dead hands.

Should be fun watching Luck have a 46.3 QB rating against Seattle (as part of their overall 7-9 campaign) next year, though.

Sac

Reaction score
DavidSeven":6wgyofh6 said:
2. Robert Griffin III

Before his ACL injury, Robert Griffin III authored one of the greatest rookie seasons in NFL history. So where does the young Washington Redskins quarterback go from here?

RW's numbers were almost statistically identical, and he won more games. Yet 3 spots lower?

Don't even get me started on Luck.

No they weren't. RW tired Mannings rookie record at 26 TDs. Griffin wasn't close to that. He did have a tiny bit of an edge in passer rating. Big deal.

themunn

Reaction score
Cam Newton's 2011 was more impressive than Luck's by some distance.
At least the Colts had a LITTLE bit of defense to help them out.

NinerBuff

Reaction score
The only thing I can see is he took his team to the playoffs after being the #1 pick (which I don't believe has ever been done).

And the list was just top 10 QBs under 25. If I were a GM, I'd pick Luck too... even with Kaep having a great season. Luck has all the qualities of being a HOF type QB. RGIII and Kaep are extremely athletic, but potential injuries with scrambling / spread / pistol still remain. Wilson had excellent vision and escapability, but also runs quite a bit and is smaller than the other guys (which seems to mean less than we all thought). Cam may be the most athletic of the bunch, but doesn't demonstrate the leadership qualities of the other guys, or the fanatic drive required to be a successful QB.

If I had my choice of QBs to start a franchise with, between Newton, Wilson, RGIII, Kaep, and Luck, my order would be...

1) Luck - Best pocket passer - took the worst team the furthest
2a) Kaep - Superb athleticism, arm strength, accuracy, leadership, demonstrated he can win on the road
2b) Wilson - Great arm talent, excellent pocket awareness and escapability, great leadership
4) RGIII - Could be the most accurate passer of the bunch and the fastest, but his health concerns are the most prevalent
5) Newton - Not convinced he is dedicated enough to be elite.

Kaep and Wilson are essentially equivalent in my view. I will say that the top 4 guys, and potentially all 5, should be pro-bowlers for years to come.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I don't get all of the Kaepernick love. Sure, he's big with a strong arm, but he stares at one spot on the field after taking the snap and doesn't throw the ball until the WR is open.

Just watch him on every play. He walks up behind the center, turns his head side to side too fast to really see anything (like he learned to look at the defense but doesn't quite understand why). He then takes the snap and looks at one part of the field and doesn't turn his head away for anything. If the receiver is covered, he just stands there staring at that same receiver until the receiver is open and then guns the ball in or he runs.

Kaepernick reminds me a lot of Tarvaris Jackson except Tarvaris wouldn't run and would take the sack.

NinerBuff

Reaction score
rideaducati":10a994od said:
I don't get all of the Kaepernick love. Sure, he's big with a strong arm, but he stares at one spot on the field after taking the snap and doesn't throw the ball until the WR is open.

Just watch him on every play. He walks up behind the center, turns his head side to side too fast to really see anything (like he learned to look at the defense but doesn't quite understand why). He then takes the snap and looks at one part of the field and doesn't turn his head away for anything. If the receiver is covered, he just stands there staring at that same receiver until the receiver is open and then guns the ball in or he runs.

Kaepernick reminds me a lot of Tarvaris Jackson except Tarvaris wouldn't run and would take the sack.

I've got nothing for you. You've already made your mind up. If you'd like to be proven wrong, please see...

First Start:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... highlights
at 1:41, he throws Mario Manningham open for a huge gain
at 2:00, finds 3rd receiver in progression (Crabtree) for TD

At New England:
at 1:51, finds 3rd receiver in progression (Walker) for TD
at 3:45, Kaep throws a dart between double coverage for a TD
at 5:47, Kaep adjust the play at the line, recognizing single coverage on Crabtree, TD ... it's doesn't show his presnap read, but other highlights do (unfortunately I can't find any that NFL.com hasn't taken down)

Arizona - Needed a Win to Secure Bye
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201212301 ... &tab=recap
at 0:09, avoids the rush, finds finds 2nd receiver (Crabtree) for long TD over Patrick Peterson
at 0:24, finds Crabtree again, with Peterson in great position, throws Crabtree open for the TD.

First Playoff Game:
at 1:01, avoids rush, finds Gore in a broken play, beautiful touch for a big gain
at 3:19, throws a bullet to only where Crabtree can get it. TD
at 5:41, throws a great touch pass to Vernon for a big gain, pump fake + 2nd read
at 6:48, throws Walker open on a big 3rd down play

NFC Championship away, down 17
at 2:53, throws into double coverage, throws open Vernon Davis
at 3:03, 3:29, throws nice touch passes to Vernon
at 4:28, throws open Delani Walker
at 5:05, finds 2nd option Vernon with a sweet touch pass
at 6:40, there aren't too many QBs in the league that can make that throw!

Super Bowl, down 22
at 1:15, good touch pass to Vernon in between coverage
at 6:38, good double clutch pass to Vernon
at 6:48, again good pass in coverage, Crabtree finishes play with TD
at 9:33, finds 2nd option Moss for big gain
at 11:05, throws a dart inbetween multiple defenders

Obviously, these are only highlights, and there are a lot of dink/dunk plays too, but I can gather from your comment that you haven't watch much, if any 49ers other than the Seattle game.