49ers - Levi's Stadium?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Field of Jeans? The big zipper? The House of Blue Demin, Button fly zone.

Who cares what they call it as long as the Hawks beat the digits there this year.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Button Fly stadium. Because turtles can hear a zipper a mile away.

seahawksflow

Reaction score
Levi's .. started in San Francisco, headquartered in San Francisco. Many stories about how Levi's started by making jeans for Gold Miners (although I'm not sure if this is just folklore). Doesn't really matter, I think it is kind of cool a stadium rights deal actually has something to do with the city and its history.

Marvin49

Reaction score
seahawksflow":22na5xpm said:
Levi's .. started in San Francisco, headquartered in San Francisco. Many stories about how Levi's started by making jeans for Gold Miners (although I'm not sure if this is just folklore). Doesn't really matter, I think it is kind of cool a stadium rights deal actually has something to do with the city and it's history.

Agreed. I would have preferred Levi's Field to Levi's Stadium, but my guess is that "Field" was reserved so that they can name the actual playing surface Bill Walsh Field just as it is at Candlestick (was named when he died). So name would be like "Bill Walsh Field at Levi's Stadium".

Your folklore is correct. Levi Strauss created pants with brass rivets for the original gold rush "49ers" in 1849. They later introduced Denim and Jeans were born. Alot of history there.

At first I would have preferred a tech company like Cisco, Apple or Intel, but Levi's works. At least they aren't in danger of being purchased so the stadium will have to be renamed. I know that happened in Seattle and it happened here at AT&T.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":2gcuvqzq said:
SacHawk2.0":2gcuvqzq said:
Russell Wilson Stadium

HAHA This is funny

and I don't think it's that big of a deal as the 49ers fans are making in that forum.

I don't either.

NorCal

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":14udvcw5 said:
SacHawk2.0":14udvcw5 said:
Russell Wilson Stadium

HAHA This is funny

and I don't think it's that big of a deal as the 49ers fans are making in that forum.

Its the Webzone, well known kookery there

Basis4day

Reaction score
Anyone else facepalm when they realized why AZ plays at "University of Phoenix" Stadium?

nanomoz

Reaction score
"T-shirts, and tight blue jeans . . . "

Fitting, no?

[youtube]2u_xhX9AVF4[/youtube]

CPHawk

Reaction score
They should do a retractable dome and make it zip up.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Haha hilarious thread. I like how one of the posters is claiming there is going to be an "uproar" and a "PR nightmare." Haha sensitive much?

Laloosh

Reaction score
One of them actually lobbied for "House of Strauss". :pukeface:

hawker84

Reaction score
One of the niner posters posted, how many Seahogs have been on a visa commercial? i responded , none that i can think of but our QB has been in a levi's commercial, has yours seeing how they own your stadium and all.. i got no response.

Latest posts