Dallas draft board leaked

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Re: Dallas draft board leaked
Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:12 am
  • ivotuk wrote:Jerry Jones is a blithering idiot and he has condemned cowboys fans to never-ending hell.........

Yep, and that warms the very deepest parts of my heart. No fanbase I despise more unless it's the Stealers.
    Putting your eggs in the Romo basket after his endless failings in the clutch is a "What is he smoking?" moment. I'm nearly 57 and have been watching pro and college sports since 1964 and have NEVER seen ANYONE who finds more ways to fail when his team most needs him to not do so than Tony Romo. But I will say he's an excellent bet in fantasy football because his numbers are always good. :roll:
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:12 pm
  • I am guessing that Jerrah is getting old and doesn't want to just rebuild, lest he die before the Boys win another Super Bowl. That is what letting Romo walk would have done for the Cowboys; it would have been a "we're rebuilding" move. So Romo had all the leverage there. The only other option was to overpay a very good, but not top tier QB in the way that he did.
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:18 pm
  • I still say that if you took Romo and put him on a team like SF or us or even a team like the 2010 Jets they'd be instant Superbowl contenders. Dallas has more issues than the QB.
    poop
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:38 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:I still say that if you took Romo and put him on a team like SF or us or even a team like the 2010 Jets they'd be instant Superbowl contenders. Dallas has more issues than the QB.

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. I'm not sure I'd go as far as instant SB, but Romo's good. He was the best player on the field when they played a Clink last year.

Holmgren would've been perfect to keep Romo in check. Or, a coach that actually remembers the running game. Unless you're Brady or Manning you aint going to win throwing so much.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:58 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information