Honest question

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
First, and re-read this first sentence again, the guys on the team are idiots for getting busted for PEDS/adderal, idiots! .....but how random are these tests? Is there a place where we can see how many players per team are tested and in what time frame?

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I hear you. They F us on SB XL. The Jet's "helmet" game, the Baltimore game. They F us on the schedule making every single year. We start to put together a true championship caliber team and suddenly they F us with suspensions.

I've thought the same thing. I wouldn't be at ALL surprised to learn the NFL is picking on the Hawks. Remember how we were the ones hit for practicing to rough last year.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's politically motivated. We're seen as tree hugging liberal hippies and those good ole country music, right wing Gawd Bless Amurica boys don't think we're "ready for some football".

They fixed a Super Bowl, nothing's beneath them.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I re-read it per your request, and your use of "our" made me cringe both times.

I have been wondering just how random these things are as well, though. Maybe our guys are just too dumb to not get caught at it, I don't know.

SE174

Reaction score
Regarding players getting caught... yeah, idiots. Because apparently it's quite easy to cover it up, at least that's what's insinuated in this article.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 82766.html

As for the frequency, here's what I found:
OVERVIEW OF THE POLICY AND PROGRAM
FOR SUBSTANCES OF ABUSE

WHAT IS COVERED BY THE POLICY?
-- The illegal use of drugs and the abuse of prescription drugs, over-the-counter drugs,
and alcohol.

WHAT SUBSTANCES OF ABUSE ARE PROHIBITED?
-- Cocaine, Marijuana, Amphetamines, Opioids and Opiates, PCP and MDMA (Ecstasy),
and any other substances required by the Medical Director.

WHO CAN BE TESTED AND WHEN?
-- If you are looking to sign a contract with a club and were not under contract with a
club on the date of the last game of the previous season and have not been tested in
the prior four months, you may be tested by the Medical Advisor.
-- If you are under contract with a club, you will be tested once between April 20 and
August 9.
-- You will be tested while you are in the Intervention Program.
-- You and your club MAY agree to testing under the NFL’s program.

HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU HAVE TO PRODUCE A SPECIMEN?
-- Four (4) hours from the time you are initially notified.

OVERVIEW OF THE POLICY ON ANABOLIC STEROIDS
AND RELATED SUBSTANCES

WHAT SUBSTANCES ARE PROHIBITED?
-- Anabolic Steroids
-- Peptide Hormones (hGH, hCG, IGF-1, etc.)
-- Beta-2 Agonists (Clenbuterol, etc.)
-- Diuretics and Other Masking Agents
-- Ephedrine, Amphetamines and Certain Other Stimulants
-- Erythropoietin (EPO)
-- Dietary “Supplements” Containing Prohibited Substances
-- Other Substances Related to the Above

WHO IS TESTED?
-- All players at least once per year, usually in preseason
-- Weekly preseason, regular season and postseason tests, with players selected at
random by computer (10 players per team per week)
-- Random testing during the offseason (up to 6 tests per player)
-- Reasonable cause testing for players with prior steroid involvement or when
medical or behavioral evidence warrants (up to 24 tests per year)
http://www.nflevolution.com/wordpress/w ... 1-5081.pdf

Rocket

Reaction score
"or behavioral evidence warrants" - so for loud mouths who you don't like, like Sherman?
Or people with a past, like 'Lil Bruce.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Rocket":1hyt1azr said:
"or behavioral evidence warrants" - so for loud mouths who you don't like, like Sherman?
I would imagine so. Sherman will be tested at least 24 times a year for the rest of his career you can take that to the bank.

gargantual

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":2jcjtbs6 said:
Rocket":2jcjtbs6 said:
I would imagine so. Sherman will be tested at least 24 times a year for the rest of his career you can take that to the bank.
Umm yeah.

I have no doubt in my mind whatsoever that they'd be beyond tickled pink to catch Sherm at something after making them look ineffectual and very publicly thumbing his nose up at them last year.

As far as the conspiracy-ish thing......if they get caught, there are no excuses and they deserve to get penalized for breaking the rules......but I completely would not be surprised if they are "just happening" to scrutinize our team more closely, and possibly were even BEFORE Browner and Sherman got popped at the same time. Something about the timing of them both getting popped simultaneously has always bothered me. Maybe it's really just as simple as they were doing it together, and my long festering paranoia as a Seahawks fan is seeing something that just isn't there (very much possible) but it just seems odd.

Sherm certainly kicked the hornet's nest with his open defiance, which I fully agreed with and STILL support. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty, instead of being tried in the court of public opinion? Total BS there. There's no getting around that the way he handled it is keeping a target on our team's backs, and Irvin just gift-wrapped them perfect justification to maintain extra scrutiny.

Way to go Brucey-boy.

kearly

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2i4pyv8k said:

lol.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3p18i286 said:

I have been wondering just how random these things are as well, though. Maybe our guys are just too dumb to not get caught at it, I don't know.
Normally I'd jump all over you for being a grammar nazi, but I cringed after you pointed it out, it has been fixed. I think our guys being too dumb and too arrogant thinking that they won't get caught is part of it and you know the NFL is pissed that Sherman beat them on a technicality,
Which is more the reason to not do PED's because you know the NFL is bitter and possibly has an ax to grind with Seattle.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
It's interesting that almost all of these recent busts were of new or relatively new players.

Moffitt, Guy, Irvin: rookies
Sherman, Browner: preseason of 2nd year

Not sure if there's a connect-the-dots to this, just an observation.

Spokane

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1aldzyty said:
I hear you. They F us on SB XL. The Jet's "helmet" game, the Baltimore game. They F us on the schedule making every single year. We start to put together a true championship caliber team and suddenly they F us with suspensions.

I've thought the same thing. I wouldn't be at ALL surprised to learn the NFL is picking on the Hawks. Remember how we were the ones hit for practicing to rough last year.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's politically motivated. We're seen as tree hugging liberal hippies and those good ole country music, right wing Gawd Bless Amurica boys don't think we're "ready for some football".

They fixed a Super Bowl, nothing's beneath them.
The NFL is no different then the WWE. I remember Hulk saying the one statement he can't take from the fans is "Its fake" Because he claims "The back pain aint fake."

I enjoy watching sports but imho they are all fixed. The only real time it hits me that its fixed and I get pissed is called "The big slow down"
Its when everything goes from normal to slow for the reason of gaining control by the fixers.

Two slow downs you can see all the time
1) Simply slowing the 3 slaps to the mat for WWE
2) Slowing the foul calling in any game/sport and calling it "Letting them play. No clowns, follow the rules and call the fouls.

BBHawks

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan: "I hear you. They F us on SB XL. The Jet's "helmet" game, the Baltimore game. They F us on the schedule making every single year. We start to put together a true championship caliber team and suddenly they F us with suspensions."

Really? Do you think they F'd us last season at the end of the Packers game? The Hawks players have nobody to blame but themselves and they know it. Every team gets tested the same way. Does anyone seriously think a billionaire like Paul Allen would stand for it if he thought his team was being singled out? Get serious and stop playing the victim. It's embarrassing.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Your going to use the Packers game as an example? They didn't have their ref's in that game. How were they suppose to control it?

I'm not arguing with your logic, I see it both ways but I really think the Packers game is a bad example to use.