NFL Players think Jacoby Jones is better then Percy Harvin?

nfcwizard

Reaction score
GTFO, Harvin stats are way better and Harvin played 50% of games as compared to Jones. I would love those players who really think that to put their names behind that statement.
BUT, I dont mind when other players around the league dont give us the respect.. add harvin to that bunch.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Percy was considered the 90th best player in the league last year by the players but only played 10 games after being knocked out (IR) with a high ankle sprain which happened or was significantly aggravated playing the Hawks. 90th best after only playing 10 games is not bad. Prior to then he was on pace to be to be in contention as the offensive MVP.

In the end it only matters what he does going forward.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
nfcwizard":247z3z32 said:
GTFO, Harvin stats are way better and Harvin played 50% of games as compared to Jones. I would love those players who really think that to put their names behind that statement.
BUT, I dont mind when other players around the league dont give us the respect.. add harvin to that bunch.

I do agree that Harvin is a better player, but turning this into a no respect thing is silly to me. Perce was with the Vikings last year not us. We are not slighted constantly as some people think. We were voted as having 6 plus probowlers, 4 first team All Pro's and voted as the second best team in the league per the latest power rankings. Not everyone thinks we blow :)

Basis4day

Reaction score
It's the same dispute as last year having Manning make the Top 100 despite not playing in 2011.

Killa Kam

Reaction score
Not that I agree with it but Jones did just come off of a helluva playoff run. He had the game tying hail mary td against Denver, and in the superbowl had the kickoff return td and a 40+ yard td. Its fresh opposed to Harvin who was a MVP candidate but was IR'ed after week 8.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I don't put too much into any of these "Top 100" or "Top 10" NFL anythings. Harvin played a half-season and still made the list. Not an issue of respect for me at all.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Part of the problem with these lists, is some players vote on players based on what they did the year before. It's SUPPOSED to be the 100 best players in the upcoming season. I think that confuses the players voting and causes a lot of the misplacements of rankings.

Of course then you add in the natural bias of each player voting and we don't know which players voted, so there's a large margin for error.

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
i wouldnt think too much of it.. last year they put peyton manning on the top 100 when he was out for the season lol. and for the record harvin is head and shoulders above JJ. (not litteraly of course).

however, I honestly knew that the texans would be losing a quality WR in him. He has that semi "x" factor in him, teams forget about his speed..

nobody will underestimate harvin though.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
You guys wanna hear the most hilarious part of this? Players are only asked their top 20 players, so some players think Jacoby Jones is one if the top 20 players in the NFL

pinksheets

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3e4n5onn said:
You guys wanna hear the most hilarious part of this? Players are only asked their top 20 players, so some players think Jacoby Jones is one if the top 20 players in the NFL
Jacoby Jones was probably carried by his own #1 vote for himself.

Erebus

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":codg75yw said:

Then there's a lot of players that shouldn't show up on anyone's list and makes me wonder how they made the top 100. I'm glad Max Unger is in the top 100, but I can't imagine why he'd be in anyone's top 20.

look@dafilm

Reaction score
Erebus":djpj6cds said:
therealjohncarlson":djpj6cds said:

Then there's a lot of players that shouldn't show up on anyone's list and makes me wonder how they made the top 100. I'm glad Max Unger is in the top 100, but I can't imagine why he'd be in anyone's top 20.

Truth, it show's just how biased the players are. Remember Tebow making the list? Could you imagine putting Tebow in your "top 20" list lol

themunn

Reaction score
Erebus":9tatn4g7 said:
therealjohncarlson":9tatn4g7 said:

Because players will vote for players they play against.
I'll bet you that players like Darnell Dockett, Justin Smith and Chris Long are more likely to vote for players on the Seahawks O-Line than they are for a wimpy little wide receiver

NinerBuff

Reaction score
The best part of ability is availability. If Harvin was available for the full season, the Vikes would have been better, possibly having a different playoff seeding and Harvin would have been in contention for offensive player of the year with his teammate. Additionally, Peterson wouldn't have had the lucrative stats that he put up in Harvin's absence.

Another factor is visibility. Jones was involved in a bizarre, clutch, game-winning play that had plenty of air-time. And players vote on these lists. They don't have the time to know players on teams that they wont play during the season. Fans have more time and less focus on their upcoming opponent. So generally fans have a better grasp (other than Tim Tebow fans of course).

CANHawk

Reaction score
NinerBuff":10p3gxll said:
The best part of ability is availability. If Harvin was available for the full season, the Vikes would have been better, possibly having a different playoff seeding and Harvin would have been in contention for offensive player of the year with his teammate. Additionally, Peterson wouldn't have had the lucrative stats that he put up in Harvin's absence.

Another factor is visibility. Jones was involved in a bizarre, clutch, game-winning play that had plenty of air-time. And players vote on these lists. They don't have the time to know players on teams that they wont play during the season. Fans have more time and less focus on their upcoming opponent. So generally fans have a better grasp (other than Tim Tebow fans of course).

So by that logic, Golden Tate is in the Top 10. Nice...