Brandon Marshall (Hawks related)

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Brandon Marshall (Hawks related)
Sat May 18, 2013 10:03 am
  • A couple of my boys were at Brandon Marshall's football camp 15 this morning in Orlando. As he did last year, he comes into the stands and greets as many parents as he can. Seems like a pretty cool guy these days. We appreciate him doing this for 500 kids each year at his old high school (Lake Howell.) Anyway... I was wearing Hawks gear, of course. So, when he came up and shook my hand followed by a cordial exchange... I asked him (smiling) about what it was like to be covered by the Seahawks DB's. He most definitely wanted to give me an answer - with an even bigger smile. He said "160 yards later" and that Sherman was trying to get in his head even before the game. I didn't need to say anything more because we both knew the outcome of the game. We both just smiled a bit. We talked briefly about other things I wont go into (a bit of a carry-over from a conversation last year.) I had no intention of wanting to sound like I wanted to rub that in his face. Again, he is doing a good thing for the kids and is being friendly to all. Of course I thanked him for the camp. He does a good job getting around to all the kids, too, on the field and trying to spend some personal time with them. Seeing this guy in person... I can't imagine how incredibly difficult it must be to try to cover him. I would think that doing anything you can... like trying to get into his head before a game... would be worth a shot.
    World Champion
    Image
    Seattle Seahawks
    User avatar
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 919
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
    Location: Orlando, FL


Re: Brandon Marshall (Hawks related)
Sat May 18, 2013 10:06 am
  • He owned us on that day. Phenomenal performance considering the Bears had zero secondary receiving options.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    User avatar
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *
     
    Posts: 8511
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm


Re: Brandon Marshall (Hawks related)
Sat May 18, 2013 10:14 am
  • bestfightstory wrote:He owned us on that day. Phenomenal performance considering the Bears had zero secondary receiving options.

    Just shows you how good he is. Everybody in the world knew the ball was going to him and he still caught it. At least we weren't the only team he owned last year.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    User avatar
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7120
    Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
    Location: Kansas City, MO


Re: Brandon Marshall (Hawks related)
Sat May 18, 2013 10:15 am
  • And to think, he was nearly a Seahawk.
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7490
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


Re: Brandon Marshall (Hawks related)
Sat May 18, 2013 10:19 am
  • Meh, how many of those yards came on that last hail mary?
    User avatar
    RobBaker7714409
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 188
    Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:56 pm


Re: Brandon Marshall (Hawks related)
Sat May 18, 2013 10:23 am
  • RobBaker7714409 wrote:Meh, how many of those yards came on that last hail mary?

    56 yards
    SUPERBOWL!!
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1673
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


Re: Brandon Marshall (Hawks related)
Sat May 18, 2013 10:28 am
  • RobBaker7714409 wrote:Meh, how many of those yards came on that last hail mary?



    Meh???? I'd say he owned us on that play, too. Deal with it.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    User avatar
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *
     
    Posts: 8511
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm


Re: Brandon Marshall (Hawks related)
Sat May 18, 2013 10:31 am
  • Yeah, he did own us that day.

    Marshall's turned into a stand-up guy, actually. I loved his genuine and empathetic take on the Titus Young situation.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 9930
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Brandon Marshall (Hawks related)
Sat May 18, 2013 10:35 am
  • I heard him interviewed on ESPN radio taking on Steven A Smith and other journalists for ridiculing Tim Tebow. It was actually kind of heartwarming. Marshall has definitely put in the effort in his self and life to live down his reputation, which can be pretty rare with 'badboys' in pro sports.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    User avatar
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *
     
    Posts: 8511
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm


Re: Brandon Marshall (Hawks related)
Sat May 18, 2013 10:39 am
  • FlyingGreg wrote:And to think, he was nearly a Seahawk.

    I know. I told him last year that he should of signed with the Seahawks. He said he had played with Cutler already in Denver. But, having him on this Hawks team with RW and the rest of the gang... lethal. If he was a Hawk, he would probably be my boys favorite player (and wouldn't that be reason enough to have signed with the Seahawks?!)
    My youngest son ordered Seahawks socks that he wanted to wear to this camp. Unfortunately, they don't arrive until Tuesday. But, props to him for the mere mention of intent to represent on the field today. Next camp. Somehow, Brandon Marshall remembered my middle son from his play in camp last year and was talking to him about that on the field today. Maybe the 3 of us can get him to come to his senses when he finishes out his current contract. I wonder when that is up. We're doing our best to put Seahawks on his mind (especially since it almost happened once.)
    World Champion
    Image
    Seattle Seahawks
    User avatar
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 919
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
    Location: Orlando, FL


Re: Brandon Marshall (Hawks related)
Sat May 18, 2013 10:46 am
  • pehawk wrote:Yeah, he did own us that day.

    Marshall's turned into a stand-up guy, actually. I loved his genuine and empathetic take on the Titus Young situation.

    Marshall is an elite WR, no doubt. I would love it if he were a Hawk. Last year, I spoke with him personally about something that impressed me about him. I wasn't expecting him to be such a cool guy (and almost didn't take my boys to his camp as I questioned him as a worthy role model.) I was very wrong about him and felt a bit ashamed for thinking what I had. He told me a bit last year about how and when his life got straightened out. I believe him. He's impressive.
    For the record... I could only follow the Bears game on my phone last year (but saw it on replay). So, I couldn't recall how well Marshall did against the Seahawks. I was more interested to hear if he thought the Legion of Boom was more difficult to move the ball on than other teams' DBs. But, I probably could have asked the question differently. Perhaps it doesn't matter to a player like Marshall. He's going to get his stats.
    World Champion
    Image
    Seattle Seahawks
    User avatar
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 919
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
    Location: Orlando, FL


Re: Brandon Marshall (Hawks related)
Sat May 18, 2013 10:47 am
  • bestfightstory wrote:I heard him interviewed on ESPN radio taking on Steven A Smith and other journalists for ridiculing Tim Tebow. It was actually kind of heartwarming. Marshall has definitely put in the effort in his self and life to live down his reputation, which can be pretty rare with 'badboys' in pro sports.

    It seems genuine, too.
    World Champion
    Image
    Seattle Seahawks
    User avatar
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 919
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
    Location: Orlando, FL


Re: Brandon Marshall (Hawks related)
Sat May 18, 2013 10:55 am
  • TeamoftheCentury wrote:
    bestfightstory wrote:I heard him interviewed on ESPN radio taking on Steven A Smith and other journalists for ridiculing Tim Tebow. It was actually kind of heartwarming. Marshall has definitely put in the effort in his self and life to live down his reputation, which can be pretty rare with 'badboys' in pro sports.

    It seems genuine, too.


    Agreed. That's where the effort comes in.

    https://www.google.com/search?q=brandon ... ent=safari
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    User avatar
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *
     
    Posts: 8511
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm


Re: Brandon Marshall (Hawks related)
Sat May 18, 2013 11:20 am
  • bestfightstory wrote:
    TeamoftheCentury wrote:
    bestfightstory wrote:I heard him interviewed on ESPN radio taking on Steven A Smith and other journalists for ridiculing Tim Tebow. It was actually kind of heartwarming. Marshall has definitely put in the effort in his self and life to live down his reputation, which can be pretty rare with 'badboys' in pro sports.

    It seems genuine, too.


    Agreed. That's where the effort comes in.

    https://www.google.com/search?q=brandon ... ent=safari

    Marshall also was one who was willing to speak out last November to indicate that there's a more widespread issue than just the players who are getting suspended for using "banned" PED's. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... a-for-edge
    No further comment on that from me. :lol:
    World Champion
    Image
    Seattle Seahawks
    User avatar
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 919
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
    Location: Orlando, FL


Re: Brandon Marshall (Hawks related)
Sat May 18, 2013 11:24 am
  • Hahahahahahaha. I love Lance Briggs' response to Marshall's comment.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    User avatar
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *
     
    Posts: 8511
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm


Re: Brandon Marshall (Hawks related)
Sat May 18, 2013 11:28 am
  • I have to ask but what possible benefit would Viagra give when playing football?
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    User avatar
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7120
    Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
    Location: Kansas City, MO


Re: Brandon Marshall (Hawks related)
Sat May 18, 2013 11:40 am
  • KCHawkGirl wrote:I have to ask but what possible benefit would Viagra give when playing football?



    After second and third thoughts, I'm not going to touch this.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    User avatar
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *
     
    Posts: 8511
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm


Re: Brandon Marshall (Hawks related)
Sat May 18, 2013 11:46 am
  • bestfightstory wrote:
    KCHawkGirl wrote:I have to ask but what possible benefit would Viagra give when playing football?



    After second and third thoughts, I'm not going to touch this.

    It's a serious question PM me if you have to because I am baffled by the connection.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    User avatar
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7120
    Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
    Location: Kansas City, MO


Re: Brandon Marshall (Hawks related)
Sat May 18, 2013 12:01 pm
  • bestfightstory wrote:
    KCHawkGirl wrote:I have to ask but what possible benefit would Viagra give when playing football?



    After second and third thoughts, I'm not going to touch this.

    Apparently you're being summoned for your fourth thoughts.
    World Champion
    Image
    Seattle Seahawks
    User avatar
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 919
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
    Location: Orlando, FL


Re: Brandon Marshall (Hawks related)
Sat May 18, 2013 12:06 pm
  • I will not miss the ridiculously soft zone to "keep the lead" at the end of games with Gus gone, I'll say that much. If we had just kept playing standard defense, we'd have like 3 more wins last year. For realz.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 25288
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Brandon Marshall (Hawks related)
Sat May 18, 2013 12:07 pm
  • I will just look it up on the interwebs it has to be good for something.:)
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    User avatar
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7120
    Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
    Location: Kansas City, MO


Re: Brandon Marshall (Hawks related)
Sat May 18, 2013 12:13 pm
  • KCHawkGirl wrote:I will just look it up on the interwebs it has to be good for something.:)


    If you still need some holes filled in I will see if I'm up to it.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    User avatar
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *
     
    Posts: 8511
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm


Re: Brandon Marshall (Hawks related)
Sat May 18, 2013 12:14 pm
  • I see it does have "limited" benefits though it would seem to be a painful way to achieve them. But the big reason is the impotence caused by steriods. That makes it not at all unrealistic to try.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    User avatar
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7120
    Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
    Location: Kansas City, MO


Re: Brandon Marshall (Hawks related)
Sat May 18, 2013 12:15 pm
  • bestfightstory wrote:
    KCHawkGirl wrote:I will just look it up on the interwebs it has to be good for something.:)


    If you still need some holes filled in I will see if I'm up to it.

    I did some google I am good. Thanks though. :)
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    User avatar
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7120
    Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
    Location: Kansas City, MO


Re: Brandon Marshall (Hawks related)
Sat May 18, 2013 12:19 pm
  • KCHawkGirl wrote:
    bestfightstory wrote:
    KCHawkGirl wrote:I will just look it up on the interwebs it has to be good for something.:)


    If you still need some holes filled in I will see if I'm up to it.

    I did some google I am good. Thanks though. :)



    Did you find it hard?
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    User avatar
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *
     
    Posts: 8511
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm


Re: Brandon Marshall (Hawks related)
Sat May 18, 2013 12:23 pm
  • I won't touch that, not even with a ten foot pole. :D
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    User avatar
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7120
    Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
    Location: Kansas City, MO


Re: Brandon Marshall (Hawks related)
Sat May 18, 2013 12:55 pm
  • Hearing stuff like this from first person reports kind of makes me a fan of Marshal. I had always thought he was a bit of a diva and a punk. It's nice that he's giving back to the kids.

    And my take on the whole Viagra thing was that it was sarcasm. Viagra has no physical enhancement benefits other than the obvious one that I've ever heard of, although I'm also baffled on the rampant Adderal use, so I'm probably not the best source for illicit drug benefits.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3611
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm


Re: Brandon Marshall (Hawks related)
Sat May 18, 2013 3:02 pm
  • Marshall dominated our defense in a way I did not think possible for a big WR.
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 10897
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


Re: Brandon Marshall (Hawks related)
Sat May 18, 2013 3:58 pm
  • Marshall also raved about Wilson after the game.

    WR Brandon Marshall: "He's a leader. He's a born leader. I listened to the guy talk. I watch how he conducts himself, how he handles himself. That's a guy I can watch and learn from. Even as a rookie, a young guy, Russell Wilson is a guy that is going to be special. He is special already. He did a great job today and he stayed in it, drove them down the field and got the job done."


    Seems like he's really turned it around for himself. Pretty much the exact type of receiver, in terms of physical attributes and skill, that I hope Seattle can find and develop one day.
    User avatar
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3723
    Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am


Re: Brandon Marshall (Hawks related)
Sat May 18, 2013 5:36 pm
  • RobBaker7714409 wrote:Meh, how many of those yards came on that last hail mary?


    And Sherman very well could have cost us the game with that misplay.

    Marshall still wins. Dude is a hell of a WR.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    User avatar
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 4845
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm


Re: Brandon Marshall (Hawks related)
Sun May 19, 2013 3:18 pm
  • Didn't things start to turn for Marshall when he was diagnosed bi-polar or something like that? Now he actually get's the proper medication and therapy?
    "Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu
    User avatar
    BigMeach
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 356
    Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:11 am


Re: Brandon Marshall (Hawks related)
Sun May 19, 2013 5:07 pm
  • BigMeach wrote:Didn't things start to turn for Marshall when he was diagnosed bi-polar or something like that? Now he actually get's the proper medication and therapy?


    If memory serves, he was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, a condition which causes a person to transition from an outward calm to raging anger, among other emotional swings, at a moment's notice. It's one of the most difficult mental conditions to treat as patients afflicted with it don't readily respond to medications.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

    He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    User avatar
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 5675
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:29 am
    Location: Back in Seattle


Re: Brandon Marshall (Hawks related)
Sun May 19, 2013 6:05 pm
  • kearly wrote:Marshall dominated our defense in a way I did not think possible for a big WR.

    I only was able to watch a condensed version of the game. (I was at one of my boys Pop Warner events that day.) Since I already knew the outcome, I wasn't sweating too much what the Bears nor any individual player did against the Seahawks D. My boys were watching with me and interested to see him play since they had personal time with him last year at his camp. If I had been able to watch the game live... I probably would've been reacting much differently watching him dominate.
    He's a great receiver. Last year, he gave some of the bigger and faster kids an opportunity to cover him in the camp. It was entertaining and quite the moment for those who got to give it a try. He didn't do that this year and actually had to leave earlier than expected.
    World Champion
    Image
    Seattle Seahawks
    User avatar
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 919
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
    Location: Orlando, FL


Re: Brandon Marshall (Hawks related)
Sun May 19, 2013 6:12 pm
  • DavidSeven wrote:Marshall also raved about Wilson after the game.

    WR Brandon Marshall: "He's a leader. He's a born leader. I listened to the guy talk. I watch how he conducts himself, how he handles himself. That's a guy I can watch and learn from. Even as a rookie, a young guy, Russell Wilson is a guy that is going to be special. He is special already. He did a great job today and he stayed in it, drove them down the field and got the job done."


    Seems like he's really turned it around for himself. Pretty much the exact type of receiver, in terms of physical attributes and skill, that I hope Seattle can find and develop one day.

    I don't know that I had seen that quote from Marshall about Wilson. Thanks for posting it. Man, it's so cool to have a QB that other elite players notice and speak well of like this.
    World Champion
    Image
    Seattle Seahawks
    User avatar
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 919
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
    Location: Orlando, FL


Re: Brandon Marshall (Hawks related)
Sun May 19, 2013 10:05 pm
  • I love Brandon Marshall. I really love that he came out and admitted that he suffers from some mental illness, and that it's a problem for him, and that it has affected his decisions and his past. As someone else that has dealt with mental illness, I'm really for people in the public eye being open about any problems in that area of our lives. It's nice to have a public dialogue about it. I thought it was a bold thing for him to do, and a nice way for us to consider other players' weird actions in the future, simply that there might just be something more going on and that we aren't aware of.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Brandon Marshall (Hawks related)
Mon May 20, 2013 9:12 pm
  • SmokinHawk wrote:
    BigMeach wrote:Didn't things start to turn for Marshall when he was diagnosed bi-polar or something like that? Now he actually get's the proper medication and therapy?


    If memory serves, he was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, a condition which causes a person to transition from an outward calm to raging anger, among other emotional swings, at a moment's notice. It's one of the most difficult mental conditions to treat as patients afflicted with it don't readily respond to medications.


    I was wondering when this would come up. Yes, it is BPD, Borderline Personality Disorder, and I think Marshall is awesome for having the courage to come out publicly. Probably a lot of BPDs who need help are considering it because of him, who wouldn't have otherwise. I had a two-year relationship with a BPD gal so I got well acquainted with it. My BPD ex chose to deny and avoid getting help and insist it was *everyone else* who had the problem, not her. A gal I dated had a BPD ex who was not normally violent but beat her up with a baseball bat in a moment of rage when she left him. They can be prone to toddler rages out of nowhere.
    Conventional wisdom in the psych community over the years has been that BPDs simply don't get better. There are therapies now that help, but because of the stigma of BPD, many sufferers will do anything they can to hide it, and in fact denying it is part of the nature of the condition.
    Another classification system calls BPD, "Emotionally Unstable Disorder". I could go on and on about different aspects of it, and the effects BPDs often have on those around them, but I will just say kudos to Marshall and thanks for having the courage to come out.
    User avatar
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 668
    Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:03 am




It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:27 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information