Jets cut Tebow

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Tebow has plenty of options at his disposal. Especially in the South of the Country, where his following is loyal and undeterred.
He could run for Governor in the South and will most likely get elected.
He could join Fox News as analyst ... and will break record audiences.
He could create his own Church
He could become a televangelist ...

One thing he can't do ... He can't play QB in the National Football League.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Green Bay is his next stop. It is damned easy to walk on water 5 months a year in that climate. And they are desperate for a running game.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
After he clears waivers (and his 1st round contract goes bye bye), I could see a team taking a flyer on him to try a read-option look, but it would have to be a team with a well-established starting QB who couldn't run read-option to save his life. And it'd be a contract full of incentives, but cheap cheap cheap.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":18eazvbl said:
Green Bay is his next stop. It is damned easy to walk on water 5 months a year in that climate. And they are desperate for a running game.

at least in green bay they wouldn't clamor for him to replace their starter.

I still think he is a really good football player, just not at qb. TE or FB would be the best place to put him, but he had to be amenable for it.

A London Hawk

Reaction score
Green Bay just took two RBs in the draft, can't see them adding Tebow in on top of that.

I do agree if he goes anywhere in the NFL it will have to be somewhere with a firmly established starter. Maybe the Patriots if McDaniel's still thinks he can do something with Tebow.

salamander

Reaction score
I think he could come in and be a backup to Russell Wilson...as long as he understood that was his role.

kidhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":38r8x9uz said:
Oh God, here we go again.

That was my thought exactly when I heard the news on NFLN this morning. At least this time, once he signs somewhere, that should be it for the Tebow drool on these boards until next offseason :roll:

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
He should become a shoe salesman....where Tebowing would become a normal part of his job discription.

salamander

Reaction score
Here's why I think Tebow could be a good fit. I've been a Tebow hater, but to me it's the media's treatment of Tebow I hate, not Tebow himself. I don't think the media treatment is the same as it was a year ago.

1. There would be absolutely no expectation that we would be the starter.
2. He's a high character guy
3. They could do some really creative things with Wilson and Tebow together.
4. The Seahawks could use a mobile backup QB.
5. He wouldn't be any worse than Brady Quinn IMO.
6. The Jets have lowered his expectations and reduced the media circus around him.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
45 minutes of coverage STRAIGHT on ESPN this morning for a guy who was cut and is one of the worst QBs in the league. I wanted to go to Connecticut and beat some people with a 2x4.

salamander

Reaction score
The fact of the matter is if Denver could make the playoffs and win a game with him as their QB, he could be the backup to Wilson and win some games for us if necessary. I'm not going to stop just because some folks say he sucks. I agree he's not a starter and I hate him as a starter, but I think he could be an asset. Brady Quinn has never been a winner.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
He comes to Seattle. Knowing he's a backup he helps our locker room, sets the tempo in practice, wakes up every morning to watch film with RW and leads weight room workouts. Then he comes in when we're up by 30 and does some magic.