Leonard Weaver to sign 1-day contract, retire as Eagle

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Letting him leave was another one of Timmay's huge mistakes. He could have been the best fullback in the NFL had he stayed healthy. Best of luck to the church van

Reaction score
Is it me or do we have a good reputation of finding and developing fullbacks.

StaffAmerica74

Reaction score
One of my favorite seahawks is retiring an eagle after playing 1 season there wtf...

The Radish

Reaction score
He was really a fan favorite at Cheney Training Camps. A very outgoing guy.

I hate the Eagles deal too but at least they gave him a chance to play full time, something he was never going to get here.

:les:

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Never understood letting him go. He and Burleson were always big question marks for me in that respect.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
StaffAmerica74":2nr3yvb0 said:
One of my favorite seahawks is retiring an eagle after playing 1 season there wtf...

He did spend his most successful year with them...but I see where you are coming from. I can also see where he's coming from.

pehawk

Reaction score
He's a very frustrating player. At least in Seattle, he should've been used as a RB more. But, one of Holmy's flaws was lack of creativity or adjustment to the players he had.

NYCoug

Reaction score
pehawk":15snb9o8 said:
He's a very frustrating player. At least in Seattle, he should've been used as a RB more. But, one of Holmy's flaws was lack of creativity or adjustment to the players he had.

Always hoped that Weaver would be featured more but you nailed it pe. Holmy was pretty rigid and set in his ways. I hated it when they let Hydrant hit the road and I hated the way his career ended. Always one of my favorite Hawks because of his small beginnings and the impact he showed he could make. He'd fit in PERFECTLY with this current squad in my mind.

I'll never forget this moment...

[youtube]sMZ695sfUiU[/youtube]

Greenhell

Reaction score
He and Shaun tore up the Texans that game. It was awesome to see Weaver actually utilized.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
The only FB that Mack Strong would coach up and endear himself to comparing Weaver to John L. Williams at one point, as well as, one of my favorite players to ever wear a Seahawks uniform... the player I donned as "the Pacifist".

Man, Ruskell made some horrible decisions in his last two years with this team. Drafting Curry. Carrying two K over keeping Michael Bennett (who probably was our best defensive linemen coming into the 2009 season... undrafted rookie or not), and releasing Weaver, and probably the most irritating was his negligence to not draft any O-lineman specifically Offensive Tackles.

Yet without the dark years of 2008-2010... do we even get to where we are now heading into 2013?

I don't think so, in the end, Ruskell was good for a few things like Brandon Mebane, a pick that became Earl Thomas, and his almost complete failure as a GM trying to build a team of goody two shoes choir boys.

bellingerga

Reaction score
pehawk":1zvvqn74 said:

That drove me absolutely bat shit crazy during holmgrens tenure.

razor150

Reaction score
I can understand, the Seahawks let him walk, never fully used him, and the Eagles are the ones who finally gave him a real chance. It should have been a no-brainer to resign him, the Eagles got him fairly cheap, but under Ruskell nothing was ever a no-brainer. Or should I say everything was, since I don't think we can say a lot of brain power was used during his reign of terror over the Seahawks.

Snohomie

Reaction score
razor150":3g2gn02h said:
I can understand, the Seahawks let him walk, never fully used him, and the Eagles are the ones who finally gave him a real chance. It should have been a no-brainer to resign him, the Eagles got him fairly cheap, but under Ruskell nothing was ever a no-brainer. Or should I say everything was, since I don't think we can say a lot of brain power was used during his reign of terror over the Seahawks.

Actually I think most of Ruskell's moves were no-brainers. Just in a different way than you mean.

I would've loved to see Weaver play for Carroll (pre-MRob). You can bet that PC would get the ball in Weaver's hands in space.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Seahawksfan425":3q99k8fv said:
From his twitter:

Leonard Weaver ‏@LeonardWeaver 20h
Also I was to send a thank you out to we're it begin for me, 12th man thank you for your support as well.
English was his second language. Who knew?