Jets have agreement in principle to trade Darrelle Revis

The Outfield

Reaction score
I thought Tampa Bay was considering trading their 1st round pick PLUS other picks?

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SeatownJay":332yqydg said:
ESPN is reporting that the deal does include TBs first round pick this year.
I'm surprised considering that the Jets were kind of over a barrel. TB was really bad vs. the pass last year though.

Veilside

Reaction score
Revis, Goldson and Barron. I don't know about their other CB but that secondary is looking legit.

I think TB is going to make a statement in the division this year with Doug Martin having a full season behind him. We were all drooling over Freeman a few seasons ago, I could see him bouncing back especially with Vincent Jackson and a defense not giving up tons passing yards where he has to play catch up all game.

mikeak

Reaction score
I think we will find out 1st this year and 2nd next year. Think Jets wanted both this year and TB wanted to give both next year...

DavidSeven

Reaction score
1st rounder (#13) + additional picks still seems insane to me. Is he really worth more off a knee injury than a 24 year old Percy Harvin?

Decimation

Reaction score
6 year 96 million dollar deal. No guaranteed money.

Damn.

Gunner

Reaction score
Huge money - was hoping it would be smaller; now were going to have to pay Sherman silly money to keep him around with Wilson's payday the following year, on top of all the other guys we need to extend.

Hope John and co. have a decent plan to keep the cap down.

chris98251

Reaction score
16 million a year but can cut anytime with no additional payout, sounds like a contract that will be a one and done type deal, when you trade for a CB that is given more value then your QB position your franchise is in trouble. I think this will have impact on Shermans deal, but lets see if Revis is there long enough to see that contract. Sherman will get good money, but he's not dumb either, good money long term versus this kind of contract for a player that was injured badly isn't good business.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Keep in mind it's $0 guaranteed, which plays a huge role in the inflating the numbers. Not sure this can really be said to be bad news or good news for Seattle in terms of future negotiations with Sherman. Situation is too unique to really be precedent. A non-guaranteed contract is sort of worthless.

Still think TB gave up too much in draft capital.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
1st rounder this year and a 4th rounder next year that can become a 3rd.

That contract is ginormous. Maybe Sherman and his agent will miss this news completely.

Rat

Reaction score
Good deal for the Bucs. Who were they going to get with their first rounder who would be better for them over the next 4-5 years than Revis? They're not in position to land Dee Milliner without a huge trade up.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Gunner":3aon1g92 said:
Huge money - was hoping it would be smaller; now were going to have to pay Sherman silly money to keep him around with Wilson's payday the following year, on top of all the other guys we need to extend.

Hope John and co. have a decent plan to keep the cap down.

Of course they have a plan. And that plan includes not being able to keep everyone.

Reality..

Rat

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":1tha2ofg said:
Wow this is a franchise crippling move. What are the Bucs doing?
Getting an elite player at the position where they were weakest last year.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Rat":3hfowx7v said:
therealjohncarlson":3hfowx7v said:

You cant buy elite players and expect to be competitive when the core of your team isnt already established. Many a team have tried this route and after they find out they cant do it they will be trying like hell to trade the player that is commanding all their cap space and stopping them from signing other players. A CB isnt worth what they're paying him, he will shut down the side of the field he's on if he gets healthy, but good passing teams will just throw it to receivers he's not covering.

Rat

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3nmvx0np said:
Rat":3nmvx0np said:
therealjohncarlson":3nmvx0np said:

You cant buy elite players and expect to be competitive when the core of your team isnt already established. Many a team have tried this route and after they find out they cant do it they will be trying like hell to trade the player that is commanding all their cap space and stopping them from signing other players. A CB isnt worth what they're paying him, he will shut down the side of the field he's on if he gets healthy, but good passing teams will just throw it to receivers he's not covering.

They have a solid core with Josh Freeman, Doug Martin, Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams, Gerald McCoy, Lavonte David, and Mark Barron. Who do you think they could have gotten at #13 that would be better for them than Revis?

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Its more about the money they're paying him than the draft capital. And I don't really think they can win with Freeman. He's a bottom 10 starting QB that looked pretty good his rookie year but hasn't really gotten any better imo

Latest posts